Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 2~  (Read 5031 times)

WanderingMind

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool 2~
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2009, 04:00:13 AM »
Shall Never Surrender (Devil May Cry 4) vs. The Stage is Set (FF8)
Juno - Last Battle Physique (Mega Man Legends) vs. Primal Eyes (Parasite Eve)
Time of the Dreamwatch (Chrono Cross) vs. Cerobi Steppe (FF12)
Flying in the Midst of the Storm (Wild ARMs 3) vs. Sunlight Filtering through the Trees (Tales of Legendia)
Howl of the Departed (Lost Odyssey) vs. Silver Will (Legend of Heroes VI)
At the Frozen Depths of the Heart (Wild ARMs 5) vs. Balcony (Cave Story)
Battle on the Big Bridge (Final Fantasy V) vs. Stupid Ducks (Suikoden 3)
Under the Stars (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs. Soul Ablaze (Megaman ZX Advent)

FAILURE BRACKET
Honeybee Manor (Final Fantasy 7) vs. Edge of Soul (Soul Blade)

ANIME
Bring all the Wisdom to Britain! (Read or Die OVA) vs. Chant III Reincarnation (Ghost in the Shell)
Hanabi (Bleach) vs. Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win! (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2009, 01:54:38 PM »
Shall Never Surrender vs. The Stage is Set - A track which starts off horrible but improves versus one that's not especially special throughout. I will tentatively go for the former here but I don't really care overly much.
Juno - Last Battle Physique vs. Primal Eyes - I don't appear to be in a classical mood tonight.
Time of the Dreamwatch vs. Cerobi Steppe (FF12) - Overall more pleasant.
Flying in the Midst of the Storm vs. Sunlight Filtering through the Trees - I am feeling more in the mood for hoppier things currently.
Howl of the Departed vs. Silver Will - No. Contest.
At the Frozen Depths of the Heart vs. Balcony - Frozen varies a lot in worth throughout. Balcony is not my cup of tea in general.
Battle on the Big Bridge vs. Stupid Ducks - As a rule I don't care a great deal for the original Gilgamesh and find the majority of its worth in arrangements. But it's enough to beat these ducks.
Under the Stars vs. Soul Ablaze - More active.

FAILURE BRACKET
Honeybee Manor vs. Edge of Soul - Edge should trade places with Howl. No contest.

ANIME
Bring all the Wisdom to Britain! vs. Chant III Reincarnation - No real preference.
Hanabi vs. Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win! - Die, Evangelion.

I have to say, this tournament is running a bit fast. Is it really necessary to have so many rounds open at once?

Idun

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2009, 03:53:52 PM »
{Shall Never Surrender (Devil May Cry 4) vs. The Stage is Set (FF8)} Much more melodic, plus I have a bias of lyrics involved in video game music.
{Juno - Last Battle Physique (Mega Man Legends) vs. Primal Eyes (Parasite Eve) } This was a very interesting battle. Eh, I chose Primal Eyes because its pace and less repetition makes it better. But then again, I never played Mega Man Legends (or DMC4 even). BIAS!?
{Time of the Dreamwatch (Chrono Cross) vs. Cerobi Steppe (FF12)} Chyeah.
{Flying in the Midst of the Storm (Wild ARMs 3) vs. Sunlight Filtering through the Trees (Tales of Legendia)} Pfeh. Both fail, but I can get used to WA3's.
{ Howl of the Departed (Lost Odyssey) vs. Silver Will (Legend of Heroes VI)} I was really thinking the latter. B-b-but, I like the oddness of LO's. Lol "When people die, they just. . .  go away."
{At the Frozen Depths of the Heart (Wild ARMs 5) vs. Balcony (Cave Story)} This should be of no surprise.
{Battle on the Big Bridge (Final Fantasy V) vs. Stupid Ducks (Suikoden 3)} No competition. Anyways, one of my favorite song from Suiko 3. So. MOAR BIAS?
{Under the Stars (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs. Soul Ablaze (Megaman ZX Advent)}

FAILURE BRACKET
{Honeybee Manor (Final Fantasy 7) vs. Edge of Soul (Soul Blade)} This is not fail. Wat.

ANIME
{Bring all the Wisdom to Britain! (Read or Die OVA) vs. Chant III Reincarnation (Ghost in the Shell)} Me likes.
{Hanabi (Bleach) vs. Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win! (Neon Genesis Evangelion)} Both fail. Just like in the other bracket.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2009, 12:26:04 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Shall Never Surrender (Devil May Cry 4) vs. The Stage is Set (FF8)- This was close...for the first small part of Shall Never Surrender.
Time of the Dreamwatch (Chrono Cross) vs. Cerobi Steppe (FF12)
Flying in the Midst of the Storm (Wild ARMs 3) vs. Sunlight Filtering through the Trees (Tales of Legendia)
At the Frozen Depths of the Heart (Wild ARMs 5) vs. Balcony (Cave Story)- Was Balcony really the song that someone meant to nom?
Battle on the Big Bridge (Final Fantasy V) vs. Stupid Ducks (Suikoden 3)
Under the Stars (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs. Soul Ablaze (Megaman ZX Advent)

FAILURE BRACKET
Honeybee Manor (Final Fantasy 7) vs. Edge of Soul (Soul Blade)- WTF. I think I nommed Edge of Soul...in the main bracket. It may be corny, but the background soul is awesome (Which is more than I can say for most of the main bracket)
...into the nightfall.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2009, 02:49:03 AM »
Was Balcony really the song that someone meant to nom?

I think someone said they were thinking of the outer wall music (which does actually have a nice melody), didn't know the title and guessed. Can't recall who, though.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2009, 02:52:29 AM »
Well, Alex nommed it and I haven't seen him in here at all to say if it was right or not.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2009, 04:45:39 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Shall Never Surrender (Devil May Cry 4) vs. The Stage is Set (FF8) - Sure, why not.

Juno - Last Battle Physique (Mega Man Legends) vs. Primal Eyes (Parasite Eve) - Like the style much better.

Time of the Dreamwatch (Chrono Cross) vs. Cerobi Steppe (FF12) - Steppe is better than I expected, but still, this is one of CC's best.

Flying in the Midst of the Storm (Wild ARMs 3) vs. Sunlight Filtering through the Trees (Tales of Legendia) - Don't like Naruke, do like this.  A surprising amount actually.

Howl of the Departed (Lost Odyssey) vs. Silver Will (Legend of Heroes VI) - Isn't Silver Will.

At the Frozen Depths of the Heart (Wild ARMs 5) vs. Balcony (Cave Story) - Yes, it's the song I meant to nom.  I originally read Yakko's nom call as "Nom things that work really well in game" and then decided to stick with that even after being corrected because... why not?  Anyway, I like it.

Battle on the Big Bridge (Final Fantasy V) vs. Stupid Ducks (Suikoden 3) - Yeaaaaaaah.

Under the Stars (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs. Soul Ablaze (Megaman ZX Advent) - Personal favorite, by far.

FAILURE BRACKET
Honeybee Manor (Final Fantasy 7) vs. Edge of Soul (Soul Blade) - Why is Edge of Soul in the failure bracket?

ANIME
Bring all the Wisdom to Britain! (Read or Die OVA) vs. Chant III Reincarnation (Ghost in the Shell) - More my style.  And my nom.

Hanabi (Bleach) vs. Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win! (Neon Genesis Evangelion) - I want to win!

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2009, 05:47:28 AM »
Results Mk. 2!

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Shall Never Surrender (Devil May Cry 4) [6] vs. The Stage is Set (FF8) [19]
Juno - Last Battle Physique (Mega Man Legends) [2] vs. Primal Eyes (Parasite Eve) [23]
Time of the Dreamwatch (Chrono Cross) [19] vs. Cerobi Steppe (FF12) [7]
Flying in the Midst of the Storm (Wild ARMs 3) [11] vs. Sunlight Filtering through the Trees (Tales of Legendia) [14]
Howl of the Departed (Lost Odyssey) [16] vs. Silver Will (Legend of Heroes VI) [8]
At the Frozen Depths of the Heart (Wild ARMs 5) [23] vs. Balcony (Cave Story) [3]
Battle on the Big Bridge (Final Fantasy V) [24] vs. Stupid Ducks (Suikoden 3) [7]
Under the Stars (Final Fantasy Tactics) [14] vs. Soul Ablaze (Megaman ZX Advent) [11]

FAILURE BRACKET
Honeybee Manor (Final Fantasy 7) [22] vs. Edge of Soul (Soul Blade) [2]

ANIME
Bring all the Wisdom to Britain! (Read or Die OVA) [13] vs. Chant III Reincarnation (Ghost in the Shell) [9]
Hanabi (Bleach) [12] vs. Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win! (Neon Genesis Evangelion) [11]