Register

Author Topic: LFT: An FFT mod (The final release is a lie. Download here!)  (Read 410667 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: LFT: An FFT mod (The final release is a lie. Download here!)
« Reply #1750 on: April 12, 2011, 02:39:09 AM »
*Shrug* I'd take battle skill over Mighty Sword most of the time in the aftergame. Dispel is awesome, and the breaks being instant is a huge help considering how stupid CTs get later on.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

NinjaWeazel

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: April 12, 2011, 04:46:51 AM »
Yeah, my initial thoughts were along the lines of Meliadouls base abilities not really contributing much of anything against most of the serious bosses.  The ones you added are nice, most definitely, but a little kick to the range would help give her 'core' set just a little more oomph on the occasions that it can be used.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: April 12, 2011, 05:12:01 AM »
Definitely got more out of Mighty Sword than Battle Skill in the aftergame, range 3 is too good. Granted, Battle Skill can beat that with a gun, but then Mighty Sword is having 1.66x to 3x the effectiveness of anything else, and doesn't need Concentrate to always hit. Also Mighty Sword actually has competent MP damage, whereas dispel is easily replicable not just by Yin Yang Magic, but by Math Skill. Granted, MP damage can also be replicated by Cid, who I haven't used in the aftergame. (But... I'm inclined to say Cid is considerably less likely to be used than one of YY or Math.)

3 CT (which only applies to the stat breaks even) isn't enough to be a significant damper on a reliable skillset at any level.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

NinjaWeazel

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: April 12, 2011, 03:45:46 PM »
Actually, here's something that I know I would find incredibly useful.  The ability to send non-generics on Propositions.  I know there are patches that will let you rename them at the Solder Shop, how difficult would something like that be to implement?

Eternal248

• Denizen
  • I know something of cages.
    • View Profile
    • Final Fantasy Hacktics
« Reply #1754 on: May 13, 2011, 03:46:34 PM »
Looking forward to playing this soon. I'll probably be FFT'd out by the end of this and my patch, though. :P

As for what Ninja said... there is a very easy ASM for that that can be easily applied.

TigerKnee

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: May 17, 2011, 12:30:51 PM »
I've been meaning to ask, how much has Move-Find Item (or rather, the maps) been improved? Are there any particular "If you get this M-F item you will have a tremendous advantage for the next X maps or at least save you some time poach farming!" or just more elixirs or something?

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: May 17, 2011, 12:52:19 PM »
I've been meaning to ask, how much has Move-Find Item (or rather, the maps) been improved? Are there any particular "If you get this M-F item you will have a tremendous advantage for the next X maps or at least save you some time poach farming!" or just more elixirs or something?

Rares range from getting storebought stuff a little earlier to tremendous advantage. Commons are usually current tier gear.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: May 18, 2011, 12:10:15 AM »
New EBOOT with the newest LFT vanilla patch applied up by Phaze from FFH. (Sorry Tiger, I know I bugged you to do this, but he actually did it without me asking! Thanks regardless. You could always do the Complete version when Tonfa finishes it. *eyes*)
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

TigerKnee

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: May 19, 2011, 10:40:10 AM »
Sort of an idea if you ever decide to create a new version, but how about giving some choice Heavy Armour pieces MA or MP bonuses? There's some precedent in other Ivalice world games for that (Magepower Shishak or however you spell that)

Yes I know Genji does it, but that's a limited end-game EQ. I was thinking more of the period of time before Golden Hairpin but after the part where Heavy Armour Monks stop dominating.

It gives Heavy Armour some additional usage if you drop the 450 JP or so that it costs into it and makes Heavy Armour more useful. I think I read that you didn't want to do a complete rehaul of Heavy Armour because a whole bunch of game balance revolves around "Hats and Robes = gud", but some help given to those lame pieces of HA which only adds like 10 HP over its predecessor might be nice.

As far as the support slot, I think MA Up and Short Charge will still be dominant, but Equip Armor could become a sort of ghetto MA UP in the same way Equip Axes currently is this way.

Though even if that doesn't happen I kind of want to read from MC what that would do to the game anyway.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: May 19, 2011, 09:59:14 PM »
Hmm...

Knight: honestly, if you're using mage Knight, you're probably using Wizard Robe, because Knights are invincible in LFT anyway.  Easy solution: only have the bonus on armor, not helmets, and make it less of a bonus than Wizard Robe; that way you might get Knight to ignore it--which you probably want because Knight doesn't need the help.

Samurai: get buffed significantly by this change.  And that's a problem.  Samurai's original design was "their class is weak, but hey: good skillset".  The skillset's been nerfed, sure, but it's still good, except we made the class strong--too strong at first (got nerfed).  We might want to nerf their multipliers -again- if we did this, and I'm not sure I like the further multiplier nerf though--Samurai are supposed to be a class you might use a faith-based skillset on because of the accessible Always: Faith.

Equip Armor on a mage: I don't expect this will be used still.  Well, the big place it could be tempting is Summoner for Golem, but that doesn't require MA, and Summoner already has ridiculous MP; in short, people can use this already.  Maybe Golem setups in different classes?  Summon Magic Lancer might benefit from armor with an MP boost.  In general, though, DU/MDU will probably serve a mage better as a support skill.

Honestly?  Unless you give big bonuses (like...make armor that's better than Wizard Robe) it's probably not going to prop up Equip Armor over other defencive support abilities.  So...you're mostly buffing Knight/Lancer/Samurai...and therefore mostly Knight/Samurai.  Two classes that are near the bottom of my "might need buff" list right now.

Equip Armor could be lowered to the point that a bunch of classes might use it in Chapter 1 (if it was like, 100 JP).  At 300 JP it's...deliberately set to be not an auto-pickup for Monk (at 200 JP it's silly convenient--the moment you unlock Monk you have the JP for Equip Armor; there's no decision involved.  At least at 300 you might have to choose between developing your skillset faster, or spending an extra fight or two in Knight).

Hm, actually, one option would be to stick it on Lancer, so that it's not in Monk's unlock path.  (On Lancer it could be like...50 JP pretty safely; might as well go higher than that, though, to make the decision a bit less automatic in Chapter 1; maybe 100 JP, so that people at least consider not buying EqA in order to save up for PA-Save or Dragon Spirit or Defence Up).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 10:01:46 PM by metroid composite »

NinjaWeazel

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: May 27, 2011, 08:24:56 PM »
oh my god I finally beat Adramelech *flex flex* Now I just need to muster up some testicular fortitude and try Colliery again.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: May 27, 2011, 09:39:33 PM »
Cid and Meliadoul help quite a bit in the Colliery, so should be easier now.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Fuzzypickles

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: May 29, 2011, 01:56:14 AM »
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but this patch allows you to rename humans in the Soldier Office.

Including Guests.

Renaming Algus is more amusing than it should be.

NinjaWeazel

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: May 30, 2011, 05:26:18 AM »
OK Colliery down.   Sweet criminy you guys.  Really?  I mean... really?!

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: May 31, 2011, 05:31:21 AM »
OK Colliery down.   Sweet criminy you guys.  Really?  I mean... really?!

I'll bite. How bad was it?
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

NinjaWeazel

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: June 01, 2011, 05:41:39 AM »
I'll bite. How bad was it?

Man I feel lime a 'Nam vet.  "YOU DONT KNOW, MAN!  YOU WERENT THERE!  TIME MAGES IN THE TREES!  MIMES IN THE BUSHES!"

Honestly the first fight was what really completely stonewalled me.  the second and third fights were tricky, but since I was more concerned with smashing people and less concerned with taking their things (and oh my GOD the magnificent things to be taken), I made it through them with only a couple of losses.  and then the last fight I actually had no problems with.

But that first fight... afk punching babies.

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: June 01, 2011, 05:59:19 AM »
So the Ko Army got you, eh?
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

NinjaWeazel

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: June 02, 2011, 05:46:49 AM »
Gonna have nightmares about that junk, yeah.  undispellable, unremovable, unbreakable forever reraise plus the regen and the move-MP Up and asdklfhqciwe afk PTSDing.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: June 02, 2011, 01:29:06 PM »
Kos deserve only slaughter. Merciless, pitiless slaughter.
-------------------

NinjaWeazel

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: June 02, 2011, 06:33:48 PM »
Kos deserve only slaughter. Merciless, pitiless slaughter.

The hassle is making it stick. lol

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: June 02, 2011, 07:18:00 PM »
Ko ko ko ko ko ko ko ko~
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

NinjaWeazel

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: June 02, 2011, 09:17:01 PM »
gonna have to admit, I dunno the reference material at all.  But its OK, whatever it is now I hate it for having spawned such deviltry.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: June 02, 2011, 09:21:37 PM »
Dune changes his name to Kotono a lot, and sometimes he turns it into the "Infinite Ko Loop". I think Kotono is a character from Sailor Moon or something, I'm not sure. >_>
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: August 09, 2011, 07:42:23 AM »
LFT+Complete patch updated to be up to date with the final LFT version.

(thanks Mr. Vice President!)
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: December 03, 2011, 07:14:24 AM »
Dr. Chimpmundo aka Chimpmaster aka hater of all things living has decided to buckle down and generously do a blind LP for our entertainment.

Episode 1 is up here.