Author Topic: LFT: An FFT mod (The final release is a lie. Download here!)  (Read 410658 times)

TigerKnee

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: LFT: An FFT mod (The final release is a lie. Download here!)
« Reply #1650 on: March 19, 2011, 01:21:51 PM »
I kind of wanted to see the new ASM reaction command but I guess that isn't happening.

Redmage

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: March 20, 2011, 02:16:45 AM »
Is there any reason the hidden Save the Queen was turned into a Masamune? It seems pretty arbitrary, especially since the Excalibur is still easily attainable two levels later.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: March 20, 2011, 02:24:25 AM »
Excalibur got yanked, it's now a steal from the END fight. StQ is moved to voyage, IIRC
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Redmage

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: March 20, 2011, 05:09:49 AM »
Excalibur got yanked

Nope, I picked it MLAPAN, no trouble.
On an unrelated note, am I right in assuming the Hydra in Nelveska are unkillable?

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: March 20, 2011, 06:36:18 AM »
IIRC they should be killable but durable. I haven't fought them since a glitch which capped their HP at 999 was corrected, though, so no clue what their HP is now...

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: March 20, 2011, 03:04:18 PM »
Excalibur got yanked

Nope, I picked it MLAPAN, no trouble.
On an unrelated note, am I right in assuming the Hydra in Nelveska are unkillable?

..........Really? God *Damn* it, I wish I had known that. It'd have helped a ton.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Redmage

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: March 22, 2011, 10:23:48 PM »
Byblos's description still lists him as having innate Counter and Cannot enter water despite this no longer being the case.
The wundertwin's battle is very welcome after having to fight Elidibs.
Reis and her monstrous skill growths pair up very well with Elemental. Give her Equip Sword and she can duel wield the Materia Blade and a Rune Sword for more fun.
I'm fairly certain the Tiny Ko battle is just flat-out impossible with my current set up.

Something interesting I've discovered: a character with a Chantage will lose reraise if the Chantage is stolen or destroyed, but a character with an Angel Ring will continue to have reraise even if the Angel Ring is destroyed.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: March 22, 2011, 10:25:38 PM »
That would be the difference between Start: Reraise and Always: Reraise (believe it applies to all status)
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: March 22, 2011, 10:30:59 PM »
Yeah. Always: Status can not be removed in any way, UNLESS the equip granting it is unequipped, which causes it to be removed immediately. Start: Status just means the status is applied at the start of the battle and nothing about the equip matters for that status ever again. i.e. Angel Ring will not prevent Reraise from going away after the character revives, Angel Ring being broken will not cause the game to check this and remove Reraise, using Equip Change to equip an Angel Ring mid-battle will not cause Reraise to be added (better used with Stone Gun, this last part).

Maybe.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: March 22, 2011, 11:23:40 PM »
The Kos need to be beaten with a really low faith team, or math skill---innocent.
-------------------

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: March 23, 2011, 01:08:40 AM »
Worker 8 and waltzing in the rest of the party with Angel Rings also works.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Redmage

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: March 23, 2011, 05:11:19 AM »
The TIGER battle with Funeral has three mimes that start side-by-side. They line up front to back after their first turn.
Ramza teleports to the rearmost one, and invited her. He succeeds. That mime then invited the middle one and succeeds. The middle mime then invited the frontmost mime, and succeeds.

Sly as fuck. 8-)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: March 23, 2011, 05:41:04 AM »
Okay that is pretty amazing.

Maybe.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: March 23, 2011, 03:23:16 PM »
Just as planned.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: March 23, 2011, 03:50:53 PM »
Yeah. Always: Status can not be removed in any way, UNLESS the equip granting it is unequipped, which causes it to be removed immediately. Start: Status just means the status is applied at the start of the battle and nothing about the equip matters for that status ever again. i.e. Angel Ring will not prevent Reraise from going away after the character revives, Angel Ring being broken will not cause the game to check this and remove Reraise, using Equip Change to equip an Angel Ring mid-battle will not cause Reraise to be added (better used with Stone Gun, this last part).

Yeah, Equip Change rises in value as you get more items like this.  For instance "oh no, this character is going to die!"  ok: equip change to Chantage.  Planning to pull out a Stone Gun?  Ok, you might want to start with an Angel Ring (and lots of speed boosting since you might as well get your first turn faster when you can just swap it out).  About to get hit with a spell?  Switch in the Reflect Ring.

Mostly a defensive support (outside of Stone Gun use).  It'd be kinda cool to have you switching weapons for the best one to use against each enemy, but weapons just don't have that much variation in how good they are against enemies.  (Fire Emblem weapon triangle: where art thou?)  Yeah, there's some stuff mechanics we could push a little harder like elemental weakness, but why spend two turns switching weapons then attacking for double damage when you can attack with a nonelemental weapon instead (possibly with Two Hands/Two Swords for double damage anyway)?

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: March 24, 2011, 12:01:59 AM »
Generally speaking the cost to use Equip Change is just too high. You have to give up a turn AND a support slot, which is steep, and aside from the Stone Gun, the payoff is usually questionable. It does have some niche uses and hey, it's free.

It'd be better if it gave you +50 CT if you used it without moving, or something like that.

Maybe.

NinjaWeazel

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: March 27, 2011, 03:58:49 PM »
Generally speaking the cost to use Equip Change is just too high. You have to give up a turn AND a support slot.

Unless you are in Mustadio's Engineer class, where it only costs you a turn thanks to innate equip change.  Still kinda a pain in the ass, though.

On an unrelated note, with the non-DD treasure panels having been shuffled, will there be any place we can find a new listing of what got changed?  Something similar to this?  or possibly

with treasure spots marked?  (not my original work, the .zip with all the maps can be grabbed from the FFT board on gamefaqs)
Alternately if I can get a list of this stuff I'll be glad to modify the maps myself.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: March 27, 2011, 08:55:44 PM »
IIRC the locations haven't been changed, just a few of the individual treasures. I'm sure Laggy can provide a list.

Maybe.

NinjaWeazel

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: March 28, 2011, 01:34:00 AM »
Ah that makes things even simpler, then.  Most excellent.  With the way it was written, I couldn't be sure how it had gotten changed, so I was covering my bases.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: March 28, 2011, 04:39:09 PM »
Generally speaking the cost to use Equip Change is just too high. You have to give up a turn AND a support slot.

Unless you are in Mustadio's Engineer class, where it only costs you a turn thanks to innate equip change.

Oh right: innate equip change.  Now that I think about it, I wonder why we don't have that on any generics.

NinjaWeazel

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: March 28, 2011, 07:28:10 PM »
Oh right: innate equip change.  Now that I think about it, I wonder why we don't have that on any generics.

I dunno.  On the other hand it's really not all that amazing?  I mean its cool, yeah no doubt.  But mostly only useful for the Stone Gun?  (And after having your favorite gear wrecked by enemy Knights, I reckon.)  I do dig it on Mustadio though.  As well as all the other tweaks to Engineer that you guys made.  His base Job definitely needed the love.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: March 28, 2011, 08:16:25 PM »
I dunno.  On the other hand it's really not all that amazing?

Sure, but that's the case with a lot of stuff we made innate, like innate Monster Skill, innate Float, innate Train, innate Any Weather, innate Move on Lava.  It'd be more to stick it on there, and have someone forget about it, then 5 hours later suddenly go "oh, hey, I could Equip Change in this situation".

Just Another Day

• Just Another Dollar
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • (BL)
« Reply #1672 on: March 28, 2011, 11:11:23 PM »
I dunno.  On the other hand it's really not all that amazing?

Sure, but that's the case with a lot of stuff we made innate, like innate Monster Skill, innate Float, innate Train, innate Any Weather, innate Move on Lava.  It'd be more to stick it on there, and have someone forget about it, then 5 hours later suddenly go "oh, hey, I could Equip Change in this situation".

Chemist'd be the obvious one? Class doesn't need it, but it'd be a neat gimme for a class that's otherwise pretty much unchanged; plus stone gun is one of its best applications.

Theme-wise, there's something appropriate in my mind about sword users changing weapons (the Gilgamesh/Advent Children Cloud effect); so, Knight or Geo? ORLANDU?? Hell, all the NPC swordspeople?

Alternately, if we understand it to be choosing a different arrow, Archers would benefit from being able to switch status effects/elements, crossbow/longbow, draw/sheathe shields etc. Mechanically this might be relatively useful (though still not particularly noteworthy, obviously). Equip Gun Stone Gun Archer would be the best ever, too.

Bonus points if Equip Change could be made to count as wait for CT purposes (if not the full 50 CT NEB suggested). I'd really dig that. Or if it came with the Defend status.

NinjaWeazel

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: March 29, 2011, 01:48:24 AM »
Yeah I'm not anti hooking people up with it obviously.  Just not super-excited since usually if I want someone using something, they already have it in their hand to whack people with.  It would be a neat bone to throw some classes, but not something I see myself using a lot.  (much like innate Move on Lave with its ONE map.)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: March 29, 2011, 01:53:06 AM »
I'd be a little leery about throwing free Equip Change to too many classes just because part of me finds it to be menu clutter. This is probably just me being weird though.

Maybe.