Register

Author Topic: LFT: An FFT mod (The final release is a lie. Download here!)  (Read 410696 times)

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
Re: LFT: An FFT mod (Final Release - Download here!)
« Reply #1350 on: August 31, 2010, 03:33:02 AM »
The general impression I get is that CT charge times @ 7 or greater matter a lot more to people who don't take the time to know what speed values to have for any given fight (and mages in general just take more care to use, though of course with still potentially greater payoff).

I've heard a lot of testimony that people consider Short Charge pretty much mandatory to use with Summon Magic, for instance, and I wanted to curb that somewhat.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

jsh357

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: August 31, 2010, 04:03:09 AM »
Funnily enough I had just started working (not too seriously) on a Morbol family-only challenge, and you post an update on the same day.  You're killing me, Lag. 

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: August 31, 2010, 04:04:39 AM »
these things happen, what can I say

(anyone who wants to air any grievances, suggestions or bug notifications should do so)

NOTE: This update isn't actually up yet, just a changelog for the time being while I fish around for reactions and final tweaks.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

jsh357

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: August 31, 2010, 04:05:58 AM »
The Lancer and Cheer Up nerfs please me.

Still FFT Lite hyuck hyuck

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: August 31, 2010, 08:14:27 AM »
can't sleep now...

speed save: don't move it to Ninj, it's an earlygame skill.

120 MP?  Huh.  I remember when we were trying to convince white magic ninjas to use R1 over R2.  Wonder if R2's MP cost should go up?

Up MP costs in other classes?  H2?  Make a high MP yym?

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: August 31, 2010, 11:45:12 AM »
Speed Save no longer on archers, does someone with more experience want to comment on how this effects Archer SCCs?  I thought it was kind of vital in regular FFT ones, but does the archer buffs keep them in the running without it?
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

jsh357

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: August 31, 2010, 02:01:40 PM »
Speed Save no longer on archers, does someone with more experience want to comment on how this effects Archer SCCs?  I thought it was kind of vital in regular FFT ones, but does the archer buffs keep them in the running without it?

I am pretty sure they can get by without it.  In LFT, I used the Gastrifitis for Don't Move more in late-game than relying on Speed Save.  It's a double-edged sword, after all.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: August 31, 2010, 03:51:13 PM »

Err...offhand I don't see how it would be vital in vanilla.  From what I've been told, Arrow Guard is the better reaction in most fights.  I think it might be important for taking Wiegraf down at a sane level (no Chameleon Robe versus vanilla Wiegraf) but that fight changed anyway, and Archer in vanilla FFT actually isn't an especially difficult SCC by most reports.

jsh357

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: August 31, 2010, 04:11:22 PM »

Err...offhand I don't see how it would be vital in vanilla.  From what I've been told, Arrow Guard is the better reaction in most fights.  I think it might be important for taking Wiegraf down at a sane level (no Chameleon Robe versus vanilla Wiegraf) but that fight changed anyway, and Archer in vanilla FFT actually isn't an especially difficult SCC by most reports.

All of this is true.  Speed Save is generally only nice because it improves your damage output, but due to Concentrate and range, defense tends to be more of a problem than that, and Ignore Height helps out a lot in that regard.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: August 31, 2010, 04:54:54 PM »
Finished war trophy stuff. For reference, here are all the rare items you can acquire through new fights in LFT:
(I'll edit this in on the second post. These have to be stolen/invited unless otherwise noted)

Zirekile Falls Rare Formation: Dragon Rod, Sage Staff
Lenalia Falls Rare Formation: Whale Whisker, Madlemgen
Grog Hill Rare Formation: Snow Muffler, Maximillian
Bervenia Volcano Rare Formation: Blood Lance, Chirijiraden, Paladin Shield
Araguay Woods Rare Formation: Scorpion Tail, Koga Knife
Yuguo Woods Rare Formation: Masamune, Dragon Whisker
Bed Desert Rare Formation: Ultimus Bow, Yoichi Bow
Germinas Peak Rare Formation: Blaze Gun, Glacier Gun, Blast Gun, Stone Gun
Super Monster Battle: More gil than you'll ever need!

Algus (TERMINATE): Maximillian, Grand Helmet, Snow Muffler (war trophy)
Rudvich (DELTA): Masamune, Chicken Knife, Blaze Gun, Glacier Gun, Blast Gun, Mace of Zeus (war trophy)
Zalmo (VALKYRIES): Whale Whisker, Madlemgen, Vanish Mantle, Genji Gauntlet, Faith Rod (war trophy)
Barinten (MLAPAN): Iga Knife, Sasuke Knife, Ultimus Bow, Setiemson, Salty Rage, Cherche, Stone Gun (war trophy)
Izlude (BRIDGE): Holy Lance, Dragon Whisker, Dracula Mantle, Cursed Ring, Perseus Bow (war trophy)
Funeral (TIGER): Fairy Harp, Ryozan Silk, Secret Clothes, Venetian Shield (war trophy)
Larg/Goltana (VOYAGE): Defender, Save the Queen, Ragnarok, Genji Shield, Genji Helmet, Genji Armor, Kaiser Plate (war trophy)
Zodiacs (HORROR): Scorpion Tail (war trophy)
Tiny Ko Army (END): Ribbon, Barette (war trophy), Cachusha (war trophy)
Wundertwins (END): Chantage, Setiemson, Salty Rage, Cherche, Materia Blade (war trophy)
Elder Brother (END): Nagrarock (war trophy)
Altimas (END): FS Bag (war trophy)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 07:05:13 PM by Laggy »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: August 31, 2010, 04:58:18 PM »
Speed Save is vital for Wiegraf 3 in vanilla at whatever level I fought him at (low 20's at a guess), but since the fight is changed that's not really a concern. Otherwise it's not important at all.

Quote from: Laggy
I've heard a lot of testimony that people consider Short Charge pretty much mandatory to use with Summon Magic, for instance, and I wanted to curb that somewhat.

Quote from: Dark Holy Elf
Yulie:
Summoner / White Magic / Auto-Potion / Short Charge / Teleport
Faith Rod / empty / Flash Hat / Light Robe / Setiemson

Well, I can't really argue with that. It seems more than functional for the maingame at least (7 CT is the same as vanilla Flare, which... even without knowing enemy speeds works just fine for everything in the first three chapters but Yardow, and much of Chapter 4) but I haven't really messed with it then, and apparently other people aren't really either.

EDIT: Or... people have? Just Ctrl-F'ing through some of the play logs earlier in this topic turned up plenty of people using Summoner. And it seems like the general opinion of the skillset is still very high. Plenty of debate as to whether the class itself is too weak a carrier, but that's about it. Otherwise...

Quote from: Ciato
Summon skillset is super-good

Quote from: Dark Holy Elf
from what I've seen, Summon Magic is still the most efficient way to crush the game.

Quote from: Grefter
Summoners are not a good carrier because they have Summon, was already said but it bears repeating.  If Summoners were a good caster carrier then you would just have a Draw Out Summoner and call it a day.

Quote from: Snow
Wizard with Summon Magic, provided the other end of magical offense in my party. Like Ramza, she was amazingly brutal on the first three chapters, and honestly Short Charge Summon proved absolutely brilliant until the very endgame, where simply blitzing mindlessly became inviable. Sat her out of the final battle chain for that reason, but she was invaluable throughout until then. Summon is still the best skillset in the game with the right tools, and worth setting up for in a big way.

So basically I'm not opposed to Summon Magic changes, but I'd be very careful about potentially making an already strong skillset stronger.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 05:15:34 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: August 31, 2010, 05:34:33 PM »
Yeah, like I prefaced before, I don't think the issue with Summon is its overall power. The issue lies more with the accessibility of it (note even Snow needed Short Charge, and note even with that Summon dropped off at the endgame). The changes aren't meant to make it more powerful per say, but easier to use with a different take (much higher emphasis on MP consumption, less so on CT timing). It also has the side benefit of making Summoners able to use their own skillset better and encourages setting Half of MP of all things over SC or MAU.

Damage values on Summon remain nerfed in line with the original LFT edits, and the early summons (which were honestly the most broken of the vanilla abilities by far) were not touched in the latest revamp.

However, it IS very experimental, and if you want to do some number crunching to look at it more closely or try it out yourself, the analysis would be most appreciated.

Also random, so I can shoot the "armor is boring" theory:

Genji Helmet - PA +1 changed to MA +2
Genji Armor - PA +1 changed to Speed +1

(Let the aftergame Equip Armor hype begin!)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 05:37:10 PM by Laggy »

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: August 31, 2010, 08:16:47 PM »
Also random, so I can shoot the "armor is boring" theory:

Genji Helmet - PA +1 changed to MA +2
Genji Armor - PA +1 changed to Speed +1

Erm...what does this accomplish?  You use them if you have them, unless you have Maximilian/Grand Helmet in which case you might consider those.  That's pretty much how they're used already with PA+1.

(Let the aftergame Equip Armor hype begin!)
Oh, okay, trying to bait people into using Equip Armor.  Umm...speed+1 is worth-it for certain cases.  if you're not using speed+1 you'll skip over it, though.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: August 31, 2010, 09:57:38 PM »
Is +1 Speed going to bait me into using Equip Armour on my Physical dudes over Abandon?  Pffft no, probably a durability loss with how I tend to play even with the extra HP.

Knights like it though.

Edit - Disclaimer of a bad being bad though.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: August 31, 2010, 10:10:44 PM »
Is +1 Speed going to bait me into using Equip Armour on my Physical dudes over Abandon?  Pffft no, probably a durability loss with how I tend to play even with the extra HP.

Knights like it though.

Edit - Disclaimer of a bad being bad though.

Abandon is a reaction ability. Equip Armor is a support ability.  Using Equip Armor does not stop you from using Abandon.  Equip Armor would be competing with Concentrate, Attack Up, Short Charge, etc.  So if you're using something that doesn't depend on any stat other than speed for turns (Talk Skill, for instance) then you go for the speed+1 support.  Otherwise, there's probably a better support you could use.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: August 31, 2010, 10:12:55 PM »
Right, I am retarded.  Damned early morning posting.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: August 31, 2010, 10:13:18 PM »
Laggy is trying to talk me into a playthrough where he sets my party. Should I let him do this y/n
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: August 31, 2010, 10:22:22 PM »
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Jumping WM incoming YES YES YES

jsh357

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: August 31, 2010, 10:53:18 PM »
Jumping Priest + 4 Undead monsters yeaaaaaaaah

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: August 31, 2010, 11:53:18 PM »
Laggy is trying to talk me into a playthrough where he sets my party. Should I let him do this y/n

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Jumping WM incoming YES YES YES
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: September 01, 2010, 12:08:35 AM »
Nah, Laggy likes to watch super suffer.  I'm expecting Calculators with Battle Skill and no calculable spells.

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: September 01, 2010, 12:14:24 AM »
Personally, I'm waiting for when the Calculators can calculate Battle Skills.
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

Just Another Day

• Just Another Dollar
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • (BL)
« Reply #1372 on: September 01, 2010, 12:25:49 AM »

That would be amazing. According to my calculations, everyone standing a multiple of 5 feet above sea level is naked.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: September 01, 2010, 12:28:29 AM »

That would be amazing. According to my calculations, everyone standing a multiple of 5 feet above sea level is naked.

Hahaha.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Taishyr

« Reply #1374 on: September 01, 2010, 02:52:26 AM »
So wait

would that be pandering to OK or attempting to repulse him still further?