imageRegister

Author Topic: LFT: An FFT mod (The final release is a lie. Download here!)  (Read 410617 times)

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
Re: LFT: An FFT mod (Final Release - Download here!)
« Reply #1250 on: June 04, 2010, 03:54:32 AM »
[21:26] <Ransleep> oh, laggy, if you talk with jsh again, tell him to post his failures instead of cutting them out
[21:46] <Laggy> dude
[21:46] <Laggy> post this
[21:46] <Laggy> [16:41] <@Laggy> Someone should post and tell him we'd rather see his wipes than his clears.
[21:46] <Laggy> i already told him he should record his wipes :(
[21:46] <Laggy> PEER PRESSURE HIM

PEER PRESSURE

I actually do like seeing LFT kill people, it's fun!  Show us the wipes!

(also nice videos, fun to watch, making more is another reason to post wipes)

jsh357

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: June 04, 2010, 04:29:04 AM »
I will make an effort to get some good wipes in there; sadly, a lot of time they don't seem entertaining on the replay. 

We haven't even gotten to the REALLY epic battles yet, and I'm sure I'll have some crazy deaths in those.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: June 04, 2010, 12:33:01 PM »
Most wipes are good wipes!  It's entertaining and educational to see how a battle plays out and why you lose it, odd as that may sound.  UBS2 is a good example, in the video you posted you dominate the fight so thoroughly it's hard to imagine how you had five resets there. 

jsh357

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: June 05, 2010, 10:06:56 PM »
This is probably about what you were looking for:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLFLzYcEEUc

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: June 05, 2010, 10:44:31 PM »
last wiegraf wipe = priceless
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: June 06, 2010, 01:09:31 AM »

10/10 would lol again

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: June 06, 2010, 01:25:54 AM »

This is what Justice and Liberty is all about
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: June 06, 2010, 02:20:15 AM »
Glorious.

Can't even wait for the later fights.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: June 06, 2010, 02:21:51 PM »
Indeed, good times.

Also me being anal, but with how much you have clearly played this game, seriously you still have Directional confirmation turned on?  I can understand plenty of the other options still on displaying JP/Exp Gain and move effects for the sake of video, but ugh direction confirmation still on after all these years?  You will give yourself carpel tunnel on your Cancel button with that shit.

I am sure after all this time it will be annoying to get used to, but 100% completely and totally worth it to get used to it.  You will be amazed at how quickly your brain adapts to not mash the keys the extra times to rotate.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

jsh357

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: June 06, 2010, 03:21:10 PM »
Indeed, good times.

Also me being anal, but with how much you have clearly played this game, seriously you still have Directional confirmation turned on?  I can understand plenty of the other options still on displaying JP/Exp Gain and move effects for the sake of video, but ugh direction confirmation still on after all these years?  You will give yourself carpel tunnel on your Cancel button with that shit.

I am sure after all this time it will be annoying to get used to, but 100% completely and totally worth it to get used to it.  You will be amazed at how quickly your brain adapts to not mash the keys the extra times to rotate.

Forgive me for being late to the party here: explain what this feature is to me?  Also, I always play with EXP/JP Gain on anyway; I like looking at numbers.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: June 06, 2010, 03:35:10 PM »
Yeah I can understand that (do it myself as well, but it does slow the game down).  The option you are after is Navigation Message, set that to Off and you won't be asked "For serious you want to move to this spot that you just selected?"  and "OKAY now you have moved you will have to pick a direct, pick a direction with the D-Pad and then click accept" "You totally wanted to face this direction right yes yes sure?".  Speeds the game up a great deal.

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: June 07, 2010, 05:28:35 PM »
Test video to see if the quality is good enough.  Have some Laggy shenanigans.  I wanted to steamroll the fight so I bought Orlandu; can't think of an easier way of dealing with that fight except MP busting Excal. My previous recording I had Ramza and a second squire kill Laggy over and over with THROW STONE.  Also I had commentary here but it somehow disappeared while I was editing the video. Probably for the better, since I had some unexpected noise about halfway in.

Was thinking of just doing just the optional superfights and Deep Dungeon. Mostly because A CERTAIN VICE PRESIDENT forgot to record his epic runs.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: June 07, 2010, 05:47:45 PM »
;_;
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: June 07, 2010, 06:40:56 PM »
Test video to see if the quality is good enough.  Have some Laggy shenanigans.  I wanted to steamroll the fight so I bought Orlandu; can't think of an easier way of dealing with that fight except MP busting Excal. My previous recording I had Ramza and a second squire kill Laggy over and over with THROW STONE.  Also I had commentary here but it somehow disappeared while I was editing the video. Probably for the better, since I had some unexpected noise about halfway in.

Was thinking of just doing just the optional superfights and Deep Dungeon. Mostly because A CERTAIN VICE PRESIDENT forgot to record his epic runs.

Huh, part way through that video all the PCs start blinking blue.

And yeah, I see what you mean about Excal.  I'm now slightly bothered by the fact that Orlandu's probably the only really good MP buster available to you period.  (Magic Break doesn't bust MP anymore, and Witch Hunt is hardcoded to FFT values, so that leaves...Bizen Boat as Orlandu's best competition for MP-busting?)

jsh357

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: June 07, 2010, 07:02:35 PM »

And yeah, I see what you mean about Excal.  I'm now slightly bothered by the fact that Orlandu's probably the only really good MP buster available to you period.  (Magic Break doesn't bust MP anymore, and Witch Hunt is hardcoded to FFT values, so that leaves...Bizen Boat as Orlandu's best competition for MP-busting?)

To be fair, back when I did my Samurai SCC i found Bizen Boat super-useful in a few battles.  It might be trickier since that Knight is at a higher elevation in this  fight, though.  Isn't there a monster that can cut MP too?  One of the Skeletons, I think. 

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: June 07, 2010, 07:10:29 PM »
Meliadoul's Magic Ruin is a far better MP buster and Spell Absorb exists.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: June 07, 2010, 07:31:05 PM »

Man, when we fought the battle we certainly never bothered MP busting Excal and I can't really see it as some sort of major priority given he only has 40 MP (that's two spells?). The reason you did so well in that battle is because you confused Laggy so he couldn't be an uberwhore and revive everyone.

Generally seconding Laggy that MP destruction is fine as is. Oh no, something that special characters are actually good at! Don't see anything wrong with giving them more reason to exist, I know I appreciated that when using Meliadoul in LFT.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: June 07, 2010, 08:51:42 PM »
I have no idea why everyone was flashing blue there halfway. If you couldn't tell, I was mashing everyone button trying to turn it off.

I assume nobody had problems viewing the video on viddler? Youtube's 10 minute limit sucks and I already got banned from other two video sources from posting Brawl videos for some goddamn reason.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: June 07, 2010, 11:02:13 PM »
Meliadoul's Magic Ruin is a far better MP buster and Spell Absorb exists.

Derp, yeah, not sure how I forgot Spell Absorb.  (I've yet to see LFT Meliadoul in action, so at least I have an excuse for that one).

Oh no, something that special characters are actually good at! Don't see anything wrong with giving them more reason to exist

As a general rule?  I agree!  Just...I tend to kneejerk an exception for Orlandu.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: June 08, 2010, 01:55:26 PM »
As a general rule?  I agree!  Just...I tend to kneejerk an exception for Orlandu.

What was that?  You should give Beowulf's skills to Orlandu as well?  Yes yes, this can only be a good idea.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: June 08, 2010, 03:06:02 PM »
I think you should give Orlandu's skills to Beowulf.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: June 08, 2010, 06:13:59 PM »
I think you should give Orlandu's skills to Beowulf Boco.

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: June 08, 2010, 06:30:38 PM »
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: June 08, 2010, 07:36:17 PM »
I was detecting failure in this topic but the last couple posts prove that humanity is worth having faith in after all.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Fuzzypickles

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: June 08, 2010, 09:15:05 PM »
So uh, today I noticed that Dragons have 0 Move. I'm not sure how no one has noticed this until now, but yuup. All regular Dragons have 0 Move.

You know what this means... Laggy has to release an update.

EDIT: Lopen actually mentioned this in January. He just was ignored by everyone. "Oops."
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:23:10 PM by Fuzzypickles »