Register

Author Topic: Season 47, Week 3 - TimeLord: the last man on Godlike!?!?!?  (Read 4503 times)

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
Re: Season 47, Week 3 - TimeLord: the last man on Godlike!?!?!?
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2008, 06:24:21 AM »
Oh, he's not saying you can't by any means.  He's just mentioning that there's a lot fewer people that have A) Played that one(for example, I only played the first XS) or B) Don't vote on forms that aren't specifically ranked, which XS3 Shion isn't.  Nobody's saying that you can't do that, but there are people who choose not to as well.

More specifically, I even argue in favor of as many forms as I can any time I vote on a character. Part of why I was scratching my head trying to figure out a way for XS1 Albedo to beat Jecht when they met up.

Anyways, the universal status blocker thing isn't something you'll see a whole lot, though it's fine if you allow it. Not sure about the EX paths, I'd have to look back at the mechanics and such to see if I'd allow them.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2008, 06:43:04 AM »
The EX Paths effectively contain every skill in the game that a given character doesn't get in their A or B paths.  Allowing them makes the entire casts functional clones in terms of skillset, so you can probalby guess how a lot of the DL feels about them.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2008, 01:23:40 PM »
Terra Branford (FF6) vs TimeLord (Saga) - Kneejerk Ultima hype, but I'm too lazy to see if Terra lives through TimeLord's opener.

Gadwin (G1) vs Oscar (FE9) - Gadwin's best argument here is that Magic doesn't trigger counters. Oscar has some pretty significant durability, whereas Gadwin was just kinda tanky. Think Oscar outraces him here.

Isn't checking to see if someone can flat out kill someone else before they can move more relevant than the OHKO comes later?

Oscar is below average magic durability. Gadwin has 150% PC HP. Gadwin has a pretty notable durability edge.

Cool. I'll defer to your knowledge here out of laziness. I'll change my votes.

-Djinn