Author Topic: Niu's Fact Center-Did anything come of that?  (Read 58745 times)

Feldschlacht IV

• Dick Justice
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Niu's Fact Center-Did anything come of that?
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2009, 04:28:56 AM »
That's cool. I'm willing to wait for progress.
It's new. It's improved. And it's the best gamemaking site around. (and also, we host your games, screenshots, and progress logs of any maker.)

Feldschlacht IV

• Dick Justice
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2009, 06:48:27 AM »
I can't wait for another Fact Center writeup! I'm excited.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 06:50:24 AM by Feldschlacht IV »
It's new. It's improved. And it's the best gamemaking site around. (and also, we host your games, screenshots, and progress logs of any maker.)

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2009, 07:01:39 AM »
Hmm.  He hasn't written another yet, but I could at least pull the early ones out of the staff boards since I don't think they're archived on site yet?  At least not all of them.  I'll check, and if I'm right I'll pull them out.

EDIT: Yeah, only the first two are up there.  I think they're already edited so this shouldn't take too long.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 07:04:10 AM by Yakumo »

Minstrel

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2009, 07:13:01 AM »
Due to recent regulations imposed by the administrators of these boards to combat those foul robotic minions of evil, I am required to speak elsewhere before I can begin a tale of my own.  Rest assured, however, that my story shall be available for your perusal in a matter of moments.  Again, since apparently records of my personage were destroyed in the cleansing fire that removed those heinous "bots".

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2009, 04:08:24 AM »
Oh, and as for why there is no new volumes.
Niu is plotting on getting the kill I.Queen in 5 minutes thing on Chaos Mode. This is should explain my inactivity on the board in general. (meaning, I have to play 3 cycles of SO4 and spend hours to tweak into extreme. And WD takes about 5 hours just to get to the 20th floor, and if I dies, I have to start from the floor1 again)

Feldschlacht IV

• Dick Justice
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2009, 06:19:53 PM »
Please let me know when there are more to read!

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2009, 01:42:44 AM »
I think he's still busy with SO4, sadly, as there hasn't been any new ones written yet.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2009, 12:52:13 AM »
Maybe he could turn his post about Nippon-Ichi into a fact center? That stuff about Regulators and Mediators were things I hadn't heard before on any of the N1 sites I'd been to.

-Djinn

The Man

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2009, 10:20:55 AM »
Hello readers, the Fact Center that you are waiting for shall get updated shortly, with me as the host  for the time being in the place of the Minstrel.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2009, 02:22:04 AM »
Japanese speakers on the forum, who is willing to help please raise your hand.
I have listened to Super's evil whisper and decided to do Ogre series for fact center.... however, the information is HUGE.
The unpublished material and all the background settings adds up to walls and walls of text... unorganized. As in, they are never properly documented but put together from information here and there.

So, if there is anyoen who is willing tos pend time and help me plan the thing out, come over and help me.

Feldschlacht IV

• Dick Justice
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2009, 08:04:20 PM »
Is this dead?

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2009, 04:03:15 AM »
Most certainly not.....
Just say that I now fully understand why no sponsor would let Matsuno do what he wants.
Sorting out stuff from Ogre series is a brain melting ordeal......

Feldschlacht IV

• Dick Justice
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2009, 07:03:55 PM »
Can't wait for the next installment.

Taishyr

« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2009, 07:58:32 PM »
It's waiting on me to edit it, which will likely start tonight.

Taishyr

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2009, 01:58:39 PM »
Prepared by Niu, edited by Djinn and Taishyr:

------------

It has been a while, readers. First, my apology to those who have been distressed by my long hiatus, but such anguish will not last, as you are going to find the wait to be vastly worthwhile. I have spent my time gathering myths and legends of a world that has much remained unexplored, and the many seekers for the truth of that world will be most thrilled by my discovery. I shall present you with the Ogre Battle Saga, the story that was left untold ever since the disappearance of its most fervent raconteur: Yoshihiko Takei. And, as the introduction to the saga, allow me to cite from his legacy;

"In the beginning, there is no division between the heaven and earth; existing only in a soup-like state, filled only by the void... A ray of light was then born from that world, the light that then gave birth to the darkness. Two giants were born; Galinga was born from the light and Vendiga was born from the darkness, and thus begun their never ending battle."

With those words, the Zeteginea faith was spread in the area surrounded by  the Eastern Balkan Peninsula, Aegean Sea, Black Sea, and the Caspian Sea between 4000 and 3000 BC. Until the Hitties unified the territories centering around the Asia Minor in 3000 B.C., the Zeteginea mythical gods were the focal point of worship. These facts were revealed by the detailed information inscribed on the clay tablets discovered in an excavation that was conducted in the late 19th centuries. The tablets were dated to be from the Ancient Babylonian era (1900~1700 B.C.), with Sumerian cuneiform inscribed on them. The unidentified author is presumed to have been a historian of Sumeria, based on his own words. Those tablets, recording the myth of creation, the birth of humanity, wars involving the gods, and the history of Zeteginea, have been widely known as the Ancient Zandan tablets, bearing the name of the Zandan Ruins that it was discovered from. The Ancient Zandan tablets not only recorded heroic legends, it also presented us many historical facts on the life of the people of the past.

After the discovery of the Ancient Zandan tablets, a French excavation team discovered a large amount of clay tablets inscribed with cuneiform in the Ruin of Doura (the ruins by the shore of the Black Sea). It was interpreted to be a legacy from the Ancient Babylonian era just like the Ancient Zandan tablets, and like the Ancient Zandan tablets, it was written in the same Sumerian cuneiform. The content is an epic poetic tale based on the myths and heroic legends of the time. The discovery astonished the world as much as the discoveries of the Greek Tales such as Homeros's Odysseia and Ilias. This poetic tale is the very Ogre Battle Saga that we are all familiar with. It is a war, begun back in the time when the gods first created the humans, and the demons of the Netherworld created the ogres to be their servants. By the mischief of Demundza, who has ruled over both the Land of the Dead and the Netherworld, humans and ogres engaged in a battle over the sovereignty of the earth. The battle lasted thousands of years and eventually became a huge war that engulfed the gods of the heaven and the demons themselves in its violence. Based on the Ancient Zandan tablets which also recorded the Ogre Battle Saga, the tale lasts a total of 8 chapters, ending with the unification of the continent (around 3200 B.C.). With many of the heroes of the Zeteginea myth appearing in the content, the people related to the progressive change of the Zenobian Kingdom that eventually unified the continent are the primary center of attention. Within are many tragic tales, such as the tale between Princess Rapnica and Gran the Swordsman, which reveals to us the instantism and adrenaline-seeking nature of the people of the time.

"In the distant past, power meant everything; it is a time when the teachings of steel and the evil of the darkness dominated Zeteginea." Famous for that line, the Ogre Battle has become the subject of various operas and stage plays, and by the time of 20th century, productions by Hollywood and Broadway. For example, the seventh Chapter of the Ogre Battle Saga, portraying the struggle in the Valeria Islands, which float on the west of Oberro Sea, has been used recently. The anarchy of the Ocean Kingdom Valeria after the passing of its king, the segregation of its ethnicity, and the civil war that finally erupted, leading to the formation of Bacrum Valeria Country, Gargastan Kingdom, and the Walstanian people, who lost their home. The battle over the Valeria Islands presents itself as an outstanding heroic legend, and as exceptional among many of Ogre Battle Saga's own episodes. Even in the past, it has been a representative part of the saga that has been made into other excellent productions. Unfortunately, the saga wasn't as recognized in Japan, as the Greek or Norse myths were explored far more heavily, but the memory of Chapter Five of the Saga being ported into a Super Famicom game is still fresh in my mind. The saga will likely become more recognized in Japan in the future. As a researcher, I am certainly looking forward to it.

Excerpt from the "Research Introduction of the Ogre Battle Saga" by Yoshihiko Takei
First printed by the Research Institue of Ancient Land Journal in 1969
Excerpt from the 11th print, printed in 1993

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2010, 06:07:20 AM »
Necro-posting, the most vile of sins!

Also, Niu, do you have time to do any more of these?

I really enjoy reading them, but it's been forever since we've had a new Niu's Corner.

Do you have any games you'd be inspired to write a bit about?

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2010, 08:00:21 AM »
You probably missed all the really old ones too!
...into the nightfall.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2010, 08:14:30 AM »
My backlog is eating my time right now.

Though, the question lies in that I can't find interesting topics. I now regret using the interesting ones up too quickly. I now have problem to get myself motivated.
Unless you have some good suggestions?

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2010, 08:32:10 AM »
Personally kinda interested in a Fire Emblem or Phantasy Star stuff. Got anything on either of those series?

Also... Really old ones, Dhyer? Was there anything before the FF6 ones?

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2010, 09:08:49 AM »
The FF 6 ones posted on this forum? Because there were a lot on the old forums.
...into the nightfall.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2010, 11:29:08 AM »

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2010, 08:12:38 PM »
Not even remotely I believe.
...into the nightfall.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2010, 10:21:59 PM »
Just how many were there?  :o

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2010, 08:05:25 AM »
I don't remember, but there was definitely a pretty solid chunk covering a wide pretty variety of games.
...into the nightfall.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2010, 05:02:35 PM »
I believe the first stuff we got was for FF4-6 in general, just the FF6 stuff stood out cause there was more info on it, and the whole in-depth Figaro related stuff that FF4/5 has nothing to parallel. But regardless, yeah, that group was the first ones we got.

I think WA related stuff was next, but don't quote me on that.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A