Author Topic: A break.. (Part 2)  (Read 10754 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: A break.. (Part 2)
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2008, 12:18:09 AM »
Regarding the RPGmon format...

There is always the old Classic style, which was Choose 3 PCs, one from each Heavy, Middle and Light, and toss them out like its an actual Pokemon Match (with swapping and everything.)

FFAs seem to be what RPGmon has devolved into, sadly; very little goes on but those.  Call it pining about the past or whatever, but really, RPGmon use to be a lot more diverse.  Considering all the formats, Sage's whole Rules List (the "These alter fights in a way that FFTA really SHOULD have tried, in order to screw over/benefit other duelers, and there's no way to anticipate them!" I remind you all of the "Nina 1 OHKOs an enemy team" situation that occurred due to Rules <_<.)

So yeah, RPGmon needs to start getting practiced in methods that really aren't just FFAs.  Classic style, standard 2 on 2 matches (or possibly 3 vs. 3 or 4 vs. 4), Rules, any of those matches with a random AI feature that we use to have that can't win fights, exists purely to be an uncontrollable factor (though, the fact that some Refs use to let the AI get attacked was one of the stupidest ideas, frankly; that kind of defeats the purpose of playing an unwinnable role, if YOU CAN STILL TECHNICALLY LOSE; no, being hinode and choosing Nils for FFAs which is unwinnable for different reasons altogether is not the same thing <_<)

But as was noted, RPGmon can only go as far as there is interest in it.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2008, 01:02:24 AM »
Frankly, if you people that used to play it actually played it these days and showed us that stuff, it might catch on a bit.  The only reason I know anything about Classic is that Laggy told me about it like a month ago, I've never seen you guys play that way and I've been around a while. 

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2008, 05:55:00 AM »
FFA is just easier to throw together is the thing.  RPGMon only ever happens when people are bored and there is no real conversation going on, this breeds an environment where FFA Lights with everyone with revival comes into existence.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Pyro

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2008, 11:40:29 AM »
Please, please don't talk about that scenario. I just want to forget... forget... forget everything.

Classic matches are done on request, since its a 1v1 thing. Makes a good idea in case only two people are interested.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2008, 12:30:35 PM »
It isn't a scenario, it is recurring event that happens 1/3 times RPGMon gets peddled out.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.