imageRegister

Author Topic: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (PSP)  (Read 15790 times)

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (PSP)
« on: October 02, 2012, 07:19:38 AM »
Introduction

Tactics Ogre is a strategy RPG with a class system, and is the predecessor of Final Fantasy Tactics (though the PSP version, of which this is a stat topic of, is of course a fair bit more recent). It has a few key differences, though, the first of which is that its mechanics are much more opaque. It's also a game played along three splitpaths, so I was unable to collect all of them. Instead, this represents 13 PCs that I raised on one playthrough of Chaos route. Two more playthroughs will be needed to collect everyone; for now, the stat topic is incomplete.

PCs in this topic are taken at Level 20 (except where noted), which is what I was three battles from the end of the game (i.e. before the last battle against non-boss enemies). Damage is tested against the enemies of said map, which include 2 Terror Knights, 2 Dragoons, 2 Swordmasters, 1 Knight, 1 Fusilier, 1 Wizard, 1 Warlock, and 1 Cleric... a decent overall mix of the human enemies faced in-game, at least.

It should be noted that Level 20 is definitely on the low end. Although I did do some sidequests/optional battles, the low level is mostly explained by minimal doubling up on classes, and possibly by Chaos route being relatively light on Exp (I certainly ended up a bit higher on Law). There's a few places that level difference might matter. In particular, the healers are all one level away from Heal III, which while not a game-changer due to its MP cost, is a nice option to have. I'd almost certainly allow that. Valkyries are one level from L3 attack spells, which... probably aren't worth caring about, and I didn't think to buy any to test, but know that they're there. Catiua is five levels from Spiritsurge III which she'd really like but this is considerably less reasonable.

Turns, MP, and TP

TO's turn system is CTB. PCs have a stat called "RT". If a PC has x RT, then at start of the battle, they are x clockticks from their first turn. Thus, the lower this is, the faster they are. If a PC takes no action on their turn, then their next turn is set x clockticks away. However, if they move or take action, their next turn is pushed further away; this is what the "RT +20", etc., means after each action. Taking multiple actions in one turn (easily doable with TP-consuming free actions) causes all the penalties to be stacked at once. Moving also adds a penalty of 3 to 5 +RT per panel moved, but I'll be ignoring this for the stat topic.

Both MP and TP start the battle at 0. Standard MP gains are 2 MP for every 18 clockticks. You have to wait the full 18 clockticks to get the MP. Most characters thus get 8-12 MP per turn depending on speed and actions (low end before turn 1, higher before subsequent turns).

Standard TP gains are 2 TP for every 20 clockticks. Most characters thus get 6-12 TP per turn depending on speed and actions, as above. Additionally, TP is granted for physical damage dealt and received (excluding finishers)... roughly 0.25 TP per point dealt and 0.4 TP per point received, although there's randomisation here. This builds up much more quickly than the over-time version... characters can very easily reach 100 TP if they take substantial physical damage. e.g. 175 damage received + 50 damage dealt will yield enough for a turn 2 finisher.

MP and Items

Mages are badly reliant on MP to do anything, but start at 0 MP. I toss them a bone and let them use Magic Herbs, which are storebought, cost +11 RT, and heal 25 MP, which at least gives them a push to get started. You could also give them a free turn of MP (see above for what that means), which honestly, they'd like more, since they'll be able to do something on turn 1.

Skills

I've given characters all skills
(a) which are unique or semi-unique to their class, such as Mighty Impact (Warrior) and Reflect Damage (Wizard and Cleric).
(b) which they start with, upgraded to the max their level allows (e.g. Counterattack I becomes Counterattack II).

An exception to this is basic stat-boosting skills. These would make a big difference, but starting with them or not is a pointless distinction in-game. As such, I do NOT consider these skills. The exception is Strengthen, Spellcraft, Truestrike, Trueflight, and Spellstrike (skills which govern damage and accuracy), which I consider for everyone as it gives a better image of what in-game damage looks like. Some classes benefit from these skills more than others, and I have no issue reflecting that in the DL.

Finally, there's Denam, who starts with no skills at all. I decided to give him his choice of weapons (and an accompanying weapon skill), and guessed that daggers would be the best choice. I now I think this was a mistake and that he should have a sword instead because Rending Gale is just that damn good, easily worth a few points in speed. I may look into extrapolating what his stats and damage would look like with that.

Damage and defences

Characters have differing levels of blunt/slash/pierce defence granted by their armour, but trying to figure it out with how weird TO damage is is something I'm not going to try right now. Just know that however much role they play, it is LESS important than the roles of class modifiers to damage, so it can be difficult to notice in-game in many cases.

All elemental spells inflict "averse" status for that element at a high rate. This makes the target weak to that element... about an extra 1/3 damage taken, and lasts for two more rounds by the person who inflicted it, typically. Highly relevant for mages. As far as I'm aware nothing immunes the averse status. A PC can only have one averse status at a time; applying a second erases the first.

To calculate durability, I considered the PCs damaging each other. I have found similar trends in how enemies damage PCs from my testing there, and it's much easier to test PC vs. PC (unless the enemy has counters, and that only works for physicals), so I did that. There's some margin for error. Obviously, and though this goes for all stats it's particularly important for durability, the durability figures listed here are based on the PCs collected so far, and may fluctuate notably when more figures are collected.

The stats listed as "Eff Def" and "Eff MDef" do not include HP, and only consider raw damage taken (higher = less damage). The stats listed as "Pdur" and "Mdur" include HP. Use the former for calculating TP gains, and the latter for standard durability.

Evasion and accuracy

Evasion is something I haven't tested much, but it does exist. Canopus in particular has a fair bit (the only thing he ends up good at in the DL, sadly), but Arycelle, the Valkyries, and the White Knights are decent at it too. The "Avoid" stat gives a bit of a hint but the truth may easily be more complicated in that delightful Tactics Ogre way.

As for accuracy, due to my assumption of Truestrike/Trueflight/Spellstrike, PCs don't have trouble hitting, so I have little to say there. The exception is the staff-users who have lots of trouble, partly due to low weapon levels and partly due to their innately bad weapon-related stats.

Averages up top

HP: 220
Three-turn damage: 45
Kill point: 113
RT: 95 (clockticks until first turn)
Later-turn RT: 95+26.33 = 121.33 (clockticks until subsequent turns)
Clockticks at which average turns occur: 95, 216, 338, 459, 580...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 07:04:35 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (PSP)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 07:20:14 AM »
Denam Morne (Warrior)

Kidney Spike, Heater Shield, Brigandine, Overguards, Azure Necklace
Daggers Lv4

HP: 255, RT: 98
Atk 394, Mag 168, Def 258, MDef 234
Str 105, Vit 107, Dex 99, Agl 96, Avd 97, Int 87, Mind 90, Res 98
Eff Def 1.76, Eff MDef 1.00
PDur 2.03, MDur 1.16

Attack: RT +18. 40 piercing.
Mighty Impact: 40 TP, RT +18. Free action, next normal attack does +50% damage, ignores evade/counters, and pushes the target back.

Heart Crusher: 100 TP (consumes all), RT +15. 53 slashing/air.
Shadowpin: 100 TP (consumes all), RT +20. 53 piercing, inflicts Bind (target can't move).

Comments: Pretty standard Tactics Ogre dueller. He'll end up 3HKOing most of the time, with Mighty Impacts helping him do some spoiling. Very tough against physicals, speed is pretty averagish (starts a bit below, but a bit above thereafter). He's a lot better against fighters than mages because not only is that where his durability lies, but he also gets TP from them letting him use Mighty Impact more. Get used to this.

Canopus Wolph (Vartan)

Baldur Bow, Baldur Shield, Brigandine, Baldur Gauntlets, Warrior Ring
Bows Lv7, Axes Lv3, Counterattack II

Alternate equips: Can equip an axe to gain a 16-damage melee counter (physicals do 33 slash at RT +25), but must give up either the bow or the shield. Giving up the shield is a large durability loss (his PDur/MDur drop to 0.75/0.65).

HP: 243, RT: 93
Atk 392, Mag 192, Def 232, MDef 232
Str 95, Vit 96, Dex 109, Agl 95, Avd 113, Int 109, Mind 93, Res 95
Eff Def 0.97, Eff MDef 0.75
PDur 1.06, MDur 0.82

Attack: RT +17. 37 piercing. (Also used as a counter to ranged physicals at half damage.)

Dark Weight: 100 TP (consumes all), RT +15. 107 piercing.
Slumber Shot: 100 TP (consumes all), RT +20. 90 blunt, inflicts sleep (target can't act until damaged). Damage rises linearly with TP.
Flaming Blast: 100 TP (consumes all), RT +25. 97 blunt/fire, inflicts charm (target acts as an ally but can't self-target, until damaged).

Comments: Just misses a 3HKO, if you try to take him down with physicals you meet a mean finisher on turn 3 most likely, doing near-OHKO damage and adding a turn-skip status. Pretty speedy, as well, with that light weapon and good base RT, but the TO speed spread isn't too large.

Donnalto Presance (Cleric)

Magus Staff, Baldur Shield, Sorcerer's Robe, Wizard's Hat, Warrior's Ring
Cudgels Lv1, Divine Magic, Sanctuary I, Reflect Damage I

HP: 181, RT: 96
Atk 207, Mag 227, Def 209, MDef 264
Str 81, Vit 85, Dex 89, Agl 87, Avd 89, Int 119, Mind 125, Res 105
Eff Def 0.56, Eff MDef 1.42
PDur 0.46, MDur 1.17

-Undead can not end their move adjacent to Donnalto
-physical attackers hitting Donnalto take 10% of the damage they deal

Attack: RT +20. 3 blunt, about ~50% accuracy.
Mother's Blessing: 50 TP, RT +20. Free action. Healing done by next divine spell is doubled.

(Divine Magic)
Heal: 15 MP, RT +13. 44 healing.
Heal II: 30 MP, RT +16. 64 healing.
*Heal III: 45 MP, RT +19. 84 healing.
Major Heal: 25 MP, RT +15. 44 healing, AoE.
Resurrect: 100 MP, RT +30. Revives and restores 10% of max HP and MP.
Exorcism: 34 MP, RT +16. Permanently kill downed undead target.
Silent Light: 20 MP, RT +14. 64% chance of Silence (no magic for 2 turns).
Boon of Swiftness: 30 MP, RT +16. Raises speed by 1/3 for about 3 turns.
Awaken: 20 MP, RT +14. Heals sleep/charm.
Innervate: 10 MP, RT +12. Heals stun.
Singing Light: 15 MP, RT +13. Heals silence.
Awaken Stone: 20 MP, RT +14. Heals petrify.
Cleanse: 20 MP, RT +14. Heals poison.
Unburden: 35 MP, RT +17. Heals hobble/leaden (move debuffs).
Hearten: 35 MP, RT +17. Heals fear.

*This spell is gained one level higher than these stats are taken.

Comments: Hilariously awful. Only good thing is slightly above average magic durability and long-term speed... both of which he'll badly, badly need. Healing will keep him afloat against bad light mages but that's about it. It takes a pretty bad fighter to lose to him, although they do give him TP for Mother's Blessing at least.

Arycelle Dania (Archer)

Seige Bow, (empty), Brigandine, Nomad Bracers, Ring of Vitality
Bows Lv6+1, Anatomy Lv1, Counterattack II

HP: 218, RT: 91
Atk 438, Mag 148, Def 232, MDef 220
Str 100, Vit 92, Dex 116, Agl 101, Avd 100, Int 75, Mind 82, Res 92
Eff Def 1.00, Eff MDef 0.64
PDur 0.99, MDur 0.63

Attack: RT +31. 89 piercing. (Also used as a counter to ranged physicals at half damage.)
Tremendous Shot: 40 TP, RT +18. Free action, next normal attack does +50% damage, ignores evade/counters, and pushes the target back.

Dark Weight: 100 TP (consumes all), RT +15. 163 piercing.
Slumber Shot: 100 TP (consumes all), RT +20. 126 blunt, inflicts sleep (target can't act until damaged). Damage rises linearly with TP.
Flaming Blast: 100 TP (consumes all), RT +25. 163 blunt/fire, inflicts charm (target acts as an ally but can't self-target, until damaged).

Comments: Behold the Tactics Ogre archer. The cast's strongest PC dueller (so far), Arycelle's damage is so good it will claim some OHKOs on turn 1. On average she can afford an extremely brutal Tremendous Shot on turn 2, which just OHKOs by itself. Unfortunately her magic durability is awful, so any mage who can avoid a OHKO and outspeed her turn 2 (she's just faster than average then) will probably beat her. Still that's not trivial to do. The only PC dueller who has much of a case for Heavy, though I suspect she falls short.

Cistina Phoraena (Valkyrie)

Damasc Sword, Heater Shield, Brigandine, Overguards, Warrior's Ring
Spears Lv4, Anatomy Lv2, Air Magic, Augment Air Lv1, Counterattack II

Alternate equips: Bardiche in place of sword and shield. Cistina's weapon training is in spears. Equipping one gives her marginally better damage and accuracy, but more importantly, allows her to use finishers. However, she gives up a *lot* of durability to do this.

(Stats, with sword)
HP: 219, RT: 94
Atk 350, Mag 166, Def 260, MDef 254
Str 96, Vit 105, Dex 99, Agl 93, Avd 100, Int 88, Mind 87, Res 103
Eff Def 1.51, Eff MDef 1.09
PDur 1.50, MDur 1.08

(Stats, swith spear)
HP: 212, RT: 90
Atk 370, Mag 166, Def 239, MDef 234
Str 97, Vit 100, Dex 97, Agl 93, Avd 99, Int 88, Mind 88, Res 100
Eff Def 0.99, Eff MDef 0.78
PDur 0.95, MDur 0.75

Attack, sword: RT +27. 40 slashing.
[Attack, spear: RT +34. 44 piercing.]
(Both are also used as a counter to melee physicals at half damage.)
HP Infusion: 50 TP (consumes all), RT +20. Free action. Converts all TP to HP as healing.
Conserve MP: 30 TP, RT +16. Free action. Next spell has zero MP cost.

(Finishers not available with a shield)
[Ruination: 100 TP (consumes all), RT +15. 83 piercing.]
[Scythe Wind: 100 TP (consumes all), RT +20. 83 blunt, inflicts breached (weak defence debuff).]

(Air Magic)
Deadshot: 15 MP, RT +13. 1 wind magic, inflicts Air Averse.
Deadshot II: 30 MP, RT +16. 3 wind magic, inflicts Air Averse.
(Divine Magic)
Heal: 15 MP, RT +13. 42 healing.
Heal II: 30 MP, RT +16. 62 healing.

Comments: It's not as egregious as in Disgaea, but spears are not a great DL weapon. Because Cistinia has extremely good non-finisher uses for her TP, she's better off going with sword and shield, playing with low 3HKO off good physical durability. Healing Infusion which she gets easily enough against enemy fighters is a nice push to her already good durability.

Folcurt Reeda Lynde (Knight)

Swords (1H) Lv4, Anatomy Lv1, Counterattack II

HP: 244, RT: 102
Atk 371, Mag 169, Def 259, MDef 260
Str 95, Vit 108, Dex 97, Agl 87, Avd 91, Int 84, Mind 95, Res 105
Eff Def 1.52, Eff MDef 1.03
PDur 1.69, MDur 1.14

Attack: RT +27. 41 slashing. (Also used as a counter to melee physicals at half damage.)
Phalanx: 50 TP, RT +20. Free action. Reduces all damage received by 90% until next turn.

Rending Gale: 100 TP (consumes all), RT +15. 2x62 = 124 slashing.

(Divine Magic)
Heal: 15 MP, RT +13. 44 healing.
Heal II: 30 MP, RT +16. 64 healing.

Comments: Rending Gale is a badass finisher, taking out opponents in one go. He's pretty likely to get it against fighters, but as usual, is nothing special against mages. If he doesn't think he can get his finisher, at least Phalanx will buy him one turn. Durability is weirdly disappointing for a knight, but still good.

Bayin Rosen Orne (Wizard)

Magus Staff, Baldur Shield, Sorcerer's Robe, Wizard's Hat, Defender's Ring
Earth Magic, Augment Earth Lv2, Anatomy Lv1, Channeling II, Reflect Damage I

HP: 184, RT: 97
Atk 204, Mag 334, Def 226, MDef 263
Str 87, Vit 88, Dex 89, Agl 82, Avd 90, Int 131, Mind 107, Res 110
Eff Def 0.73, Eff MDef 1.51
PDur 0.61, MDur 1.26

-reduces MP costs by 10%, but needs the full cost to cast
-physical attackers hitting Bayin take 10% of the damage they deal

Attack: RT +20. 1 blunt, about ~35% accuracy.
Meditate (Lv1+2): 15 TP, RT +13. Free action. Heals 17 MP, self.

(Earth Magic)
Vulcan Lance: 15 MP, RT +13. 46 earth magic, inflicts Earth Averse.
Vulcan Lance II: 30 MP, RT +16. 63 earth magic, inflicts Earth Averse.
Vulcan Lance III: 45 MP, RT +19. 81 earth magic, inflicts Earth Averse.
Cragfall: 22 MP, RT +14. 40 earth magic, inflicts Earth Averse.
Cragfall II: 46 MP, RT +19. 46 earth magic, inflicts Earth Averse, AoE.
Duststorm: 20 MP, RT +14. 84% chance of Slow (80% speed for about 3 turns), AoE.
Petrifog: 30 MP, RT +16. 84% chance of Petrify (no action, but magic immune, for about 3 turns), AoE.
He has other options, but they're mostly worthless.
(Other Magic)
Bayin can use attack magic of all other elements except Light, but they do 12 less damage. He can also use status spells of other elements... of which the most useful is Shackle. Stay tuned.

Comments: Well, an Earth Averse-boosted Vulcan Lance III is near-OHKO damage; too bad that doesn't happen until turn 3. He gives up the first turn no matter what, but at least if he's outsped by a fighter his first turn will be useful because he can use Meditate immediately. On the other hand, if he's being outsped by a fighter, he's probably dead.

Hobyrim Vandam (Swordmaster)

Blacksteel Blade, (empty), Brigandine, Baldur Gauntlets, Warrior's Ring
Katana (2H) Lv3, War Dances, Anatomy Lv2, Parry Lv2, Counterattack II

HP: 231, RT: 87
Atk 393, Mag 178, Def 223, MDef 226
Str 99, Vit 92, Dex 113, Agl 93, Avd 95, Int 92, Mind 97, Res 95
EFf Def 0.79, Eff MDef 0.68
PDur 0.83, MDur 0.72

-has a chance to parry melee attacks

Attack: RT +35. 59 slashing. (Also used as a counter to melee physicals at half damage.)
Preempt: 40 TP, RT +18. Free action. For one turn, Hobyrim will get an extra, free, full-damage normal attack before any attempt to hit him with a melee attack.
Mighty Strike: 50 TP, RT +20. Free action. Raises offence for one attack (normal attack does 86 damage).

Stonebloom: 100 TP (consumes all), RT +15. 103 slashing, inflicts petrify (no action for about 3 turns; raises target defence ONLY if the target has low defence to start with, maybe capping at around average?).

(War Dances)
Lion Dance: 20 TP, RT +14. Small attack boost to self and allies within 2 squares.
Harvest Dance: 25 TP, RT +15. 31 healing to self and allies within 2 squares.
Bellows Dance: 30 TP, RT +16. Small defence boost to self and allies within 2 squares.
Comely Dance: 40 TP, RT +18. Small defence debuff to nearby enemies.
Bedeviling Dance: 45 TP, RT +19. Slows (80% speed for about 3 turns) enemies within 2 squares, 23% hit rate, dark element, garbage.

Comments: Ignore the War Dances, they all suck. Watch out guys I'll heal 1/8 of my MP in exchange for 20 TP. He's all-around fragile but quite damaging... 2HKOs can certainly happen here, with or without Mighty Strike to help out. If he gets off Stonebloom, you're so dead.

Mirdyn Walhorn (White Knight)

Swords (1H) Lv3, Anatomy Lv2, Divine Magic, Augment Light Lv2, Counterattack II

HP: 253, RT: 103
Atk 383, Mag 179, Def 278, MDef 259
Str 103, Vit 117, Dex 103, Agl 93, Avd 101, Int 94, Mind 95, Res 101
Eff Def 1.83, Eff MDef 1.01
PDur 2.09, MDur 1.16

Attack: RT +27. 51 slashing. (Also used as a counter to melee physicals at half damage.)
Paralysis Blade: 35 TP, RT +17. Free action. Grants "stun-bringer" status, self (normal physicals inflict stun on a hit, stun disables counters and gives actions a ~1/3 chance of failure).

Rending Gale: 100 TP (consumes all), RT +15. 2x72 = 144 slashing.

(Divine Magic)
Heal: 15 MP, RT +13. 46 healing.
Heal II: 30 MP, RT +16. 66 healing.

Comments: Folcurt Plus. Tanks physicals like a champ, can heal until a brutal Rending Gale. Paralysis Blade is mostly there to avoid some Fire Emblem counters or something. Will outslug the odd mage, but they're not his preferred opponent.

Gildas W. Byrne (White Knight)

Falx, (empty), Brigandine, Overguards, Warrior's Ring
Swords (2H) Lv2, Axes Lv2, Anatomy Lv2, Divine Magic, Augment Light Lv2, Counterattack II

Alternate equips: Chakmak and Heater Shield in place of the Falx. This loses him quite a lot of damage, but gains him quite a lot of durability. The damage loss is karge than the durability gain, so I've listed him with a greatsword as default.

(Stats, with 2H sword)
HP: 252, RT: 97
Atk 384, Mag 180, Def 261, MDef 234
Str 107, Vit 113, Dex 101, Agl 91, Avd 100, Int 93, Mind 97, Res 93
Eff Def 1.22, Eff MDef 0.74
PDur 1.39, MDur 0.85

(Stats, with 1H axe)
HP: 261, RT: 99
Atk 360, Mag 178, Def 284, MDef 258
Str 105, Vit 115, Dex 104, Agl 91, Avd 104, Int 91, Mind 97, Res 94
Eff Def 1.83, Eff MDef 0.90
PDur 2.16, MDur 1.07

Attack, 2H sword: RT +35. 55 slashing.
[Attack, 1H axe: RT +25. 38 slashing.]
Paralysis Blade: 35 TP, RT +17. Free action. Grants "stun-bringer" status, self (normal physicals inflict stun on a hit, stun disables counters and gives actions a ~1/3 chance of failure).

Sonic Blade: 100 TP (consumes all), RT +15. 87 slashing. Damage rises linearly with TP. Requires 2H sword.
Mistral Edge: 100 TP (consumes all), RT +15. 68 slashing, inflicts silence (2 turns of no magic). Requires axe.

(Divine Magic)
Heal: 15 MP, RT +13. 45 healing.
Heal II: 30 MP, RT +16. 65 healing.

Comments: Mirdyn with slightly better stats but worse weapons. He either has only okay durability (but a decent 3HKO) or Mirdyn-like durability with a much worse 3HKO and an unimpressive finisher. Same comments apply as for Mirdyn, but yeah, worse.

Cerya Phoraena (Valkyrie)

Damasc Sword, Heater Shield, Brigandine, Overguards, Ring of Vitality
Swords (1H) Lv3, Anatomy Lv2, Fire Magic, Augment Fire Lv2, Counterattack II

HP: 223, RT: 94
Atk 368, Mag 168, Def 268, MDef 261
Str 97, Vit 100, Dex 97, Agl 93, Avd 99, Int 88, Mind 88, Res 100
Eff Def 1.96, Eff MDef 1.05
PDur 1.98, MDur 1.06

Attack: RT +27. 45 slashing. (Also used as a counter to melee physicals at half damage.)
HP Infusion: 50 TP (consumes all), RT +20. Free action. Converts all TP to HP as healing.
Conserve MP: 30 TP, RT +16. Free action. Next spell has zero MP cost.

Rending Gale: 100 TP (consumes all), RT +15. 2x65 = 130 slashing.

(Fire Magic)
Sparksphere: 15 MP, RT +13. 1 fire magic, inflicts Fire Averse.
Sparksphere II: 30 MP, RT +16. 3 fire magic, inflicts Fire Averse.
(Divine Magic)

Comments: 1H-sword supremacy. Just like Mirdyn is a better Gildas, Cerya is a better Cistina. Unfortunately she can't use both Healing Infusion and Rending Gale (although she can use magical healing to hold out for Gale), but either can easily be decisive, and her physical durability is up there with the best.

Olivya Phoraena (Cleric)

Magus Staff, Baldur Shield, Sorcerer's Robe, Wizard's Hat, Warrior's Ring
Cudgels Lv2, Divine Magic, Augment Light Lv2, Anatomy Lv2, Sanctuary I, Reflect Damage I

HP: 181, RT: 89
Atk 216, Mag 223, Def 225, MDef 271
Str 84, Vit 90, Dex 92, Agl 80, Avd 93, Int 117, Mind 123, Res 106
Eff Def 0.74, Eff MDef 1.82
PDur 0.61, MDur 1.50

-Undead can not end their move adjacent to Olivya
-physical attackers hitting Olivya take 10% of the damage they deal

Attack: RT +20. 4 blunt, about ~60% accuracy.
Mother's Blessing: 50 TP, RT +20. Free action. Healing done by next divine spell is doubled.

Wrathful Strike: 100 TP (consumes all), RT +15. 27 blunt/light.

(Divine Magic)
*Heal III: 45 MP, RT +19. 85 healing.
Major Heal: 25 MP, RT +15. 45 healing, AoE.
Silent Light: 20 MP, RT +14. 63% chance of Silence (no magic for 2 turns).

*This spell is gained one level higher than these stats are taken.

Comments: Well she's better than Donnalto at least! Durability isn't as embarrassing, and Wrathful Strike means that hey she may win battles in less than a century. Notably faster too. But they aren't that different, which means Olivya still sucks.

Catiua Pavel (Lv 19 Priest)

(empty), Baldur Shield, Sorcerer's Robe, Wizard's Hat, Crimson Necklace
Cudgels Lv2, Divine Magic, Augment Light Lv2, Anatomy Lv2, Expand Mind II, Channeling II, Field Alchemy II

Alternate equips: She can equip a two-handed staff in place of a shield, trading durability for damage. I haven't yet tested how much, but I'd be surprised if it ends up worth it given how potent shields are for other PCs.

HP: 182, RT: 90
Atk 186, Mag 219, Def 222, MDef 272
Str 82, Vit 86, Dex 90, Agl 84, Avd 88, Int 113, Mind 124, Res 104
Eff Def 0.70, Eff MDef 1.82
PDur 0.58, MDur 1.50

-gains 2 MP every 14 clockticks, instead of the usual 18
-reduces MP costs by 10%, but needs the full cost to cast
-can use advanced items, which in particular include:
--Magic Herb +1: RT +12, heals 50 MP.
--Magic Herb +2: RT +13, heals 75 MP.
--Magic Herb +3: RT +14, heals 100 MP.
--Magic Seed: RT +15, heals 125 MP.

Attack: RT +17. 1 blunt, knocks target back (28% hit rate).

(Divine Magic)
Spiritsurge: 15 MP, RT +13. 21 light magic, inflicts Light Averse.
Spiritsurge II: 30 MP, RT +16. 37 light magic, inflicts Light Averse.
Judgement: 22 MP, RT +14. 19 light magic, inflicts Light Averse.
Judgement II: 46 MP, RT +19. 24 light magic, inflicts Light Averse, AoE.
Heal: 15 MP, RT +13. 47 healing.
Heal II: 30 MP, RT +16. 67 healing.
*Heal III: 45 MP, RT +19. 87 healing.
Major Heal: 25 MP, RT +15. 47 healing, AoE.
Silent Light: 20 MP, RT +14. 63% chance of Silence (no magic for 2 turns).

Comments: Assuming you let her use Magic Seeds she at least doesn't worry about MP after turn 1, which is good because both her offence and healing run off of it. She 3HKOs with Spiritsurge II in practice (sometimes 2HKOs), but needs that setup turn. Decent magic durability will let her win the odd slugfest, but in a marked contrast to so many TO duellers, just awful against fighters... she doesn't even benefit from the TP they give her!

Damage comparison

This considers TP gained from time and the PC's own attacks (assuming they hit), but does not consider TP gained from enemy attacks. This feels like a fair balance. Damage bonus from averse status is also not factored in.

Also included is the time it takes for the PC to reach his or her fourth turn, to help give a sense of long-term speed.

Arycelle: Attack, Tremendous Shot x2: 89+133+133 = 118 (493 ticks)
Hobyrim: Attack x2, Mighty Strike: 59+59+86 = 68 (473 ticks)
Gildas: Attack x3: 55 (493 ticks)
Bayin: Magic Herb, Meditate+Vulcan Lance III x2 = 0+81+81 = 54 (463 ticks)
Mirdyn: Attack x3: 51 (493 ticks)
Denam: Attack x2, Mighty Impact: 40+40+60 = 47 (464 ticks)
Cerya: Attack x3: 45 (457 ticks)
[Cistina, spear: Attack x3: 44 (462 ticks)]
[Bayin: Wait, Meditate+Vulcan Lance II x2 = 0+63+63 = 42 (446 ticks)]
Folcurt: Attack x3: 41 (489 ticks)
Cistina: Attack x3: 40 (457 ticks)
[Gildas, axe+shield: Attack x3: 38 (471 ticks)]
Canopus: Attack x3: 37 (423 ticks)
Catiua: Magic Herb, Spiritsurge II x2: 0+37+37 = 25 (403 ticks)
[Catiua: Wait, Spiritsurge x2: 0+21+21 = 14 (386 ticks)]
Olivya: Attack x3: 4 (416 ticks)
Donnalto: Attack x3: 3 (444 ticks)

Average: 45 damage, 459 ticks until turn 4
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 07:05:56 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Maybe.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 07:20:47 AM »
Four should be enough. Rank Hippopressor oh wait we did. I love you guys!

Maybe.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 07:23:21 AM »
General notes for bosses:

-The chapter 2-3 bosses are fought differently on different routes (and in one case, namely Leonar on chaos route, isn't fought at all). I've taken them from their non-duel forms on chaos route. Bosses are pretty similar across routes from what I've seen, but there might be some stat differences.

-Most bosses seem to have an undocumented immunity to status which deprive turns: sleep, charm, petrify, and probably bewitch and spendthrift though I haven't tested those explicitly. The only exception I've found is noted.

-I realise I've forgotten to note my levels for bosses. I'm typically ~2 levels below them. I will exclude from averages anyone who is significantly further behind, e.g. Swordmaster and White Knight in chapter 3.

VYCE BOZECK (Chaos Chp 2)
Lv. 8 Assassin

Fights with 9 allies. Fights 10 PCs + two additional guests. Battle ends if he falls.

Party averages:
HP: 152. base RT: 93. later-turn RT: 113. Damage: 35.

Equipment and stats
Dirk: 3 wt, RT +11, 44 atk, 2 HP, 1 dex, 2 agl, 4 avd (4 pierce)
Dirk: 3 wt, RT +11, 44 atk, 2 HP, 1 dex, 2 agl, 4 avd (4 pierce)
Chain Leggings: 4 wt, 16 def, 5 HP, 1 str, 2 vit (2 blunt, 3 slash)
Gauntlets: 4 wt, 16 def, 2 str 1 vit, 3 res (3 blunt, 1 pierce)
Ring of the Horde: 1 wt, 8 atk, 8 def, 5 str (1 all phys, 5 all elements)

HP 193 (0.63 PCHP), RT 75 (124% average speed), Move 4 (+3 RT per square moved), Jump 2/3
Atk 210 x2, Mag 113, Def 222, MDef 165
Str 78, Vit 76, Dex 73, Agl 78, Avd 74, Int 60, Mind 59, Res 68

Vyce reduces damage by roughly as follows:
-43% from physicals (111% durability)
-24% from magic (85% durability)

Skills:
Dagger Lv2, Anatomy Lv2, Counterattack II, Parry, Fortify I, Truestrike I, Deathproof

Counterattack II gives him a 100% chance to counter melee attacks for 31 damage. Parry gives him some modest evade against melee attacks. Anatomy slightly boosts damage against humans under some circumstances (and is factored in). Deathproof gives him immunity to petrify, sleep, bewitch, charm, spendthrift, paranoia, bind, shackle, stop, wither, addle, curse.

Actions:
Attack: RT +11. One hit for 62 piercing damage. 131% speed next round. AI never uses this.
Double Attack: RT +22. Two hits for 62 piercing damage = 124 total. 116% speed next round.
Heart Crusher: +15 RT, 100 TP (consumes all). 3-5 range. ~78 slashing damage. 126% speed next round.
Sneak Attack: RT +18, 40 TP. Free action (aside from RT/TP costs). Supposedly boosts damage on a back hit for one attack, but I never saw him use it.

Comments: Vyce hits hard and fast, 2HKOing average very solidly. He's not totally frail either. Heavy. He's fought as a boss on all routes and is fairly similar, and is a PC only on Law route, so I'm more likely to vote on boss, personally, but YMMV... he'll be in the PC stat topic eventually.

LEONAR RECI RIMON (Chaos Chp 3)
Lv. 15 Knight

Fights with 9 allies. Fights 10 PCs. Battle ends if he falls.

Party averages:
HP: 189. base RT: 96. later-turn RT: 117. Damage: 37.

Equipment and stats
Cutlass: 8 wt, RT +24, 70 atk, 4 HP, 2 str, 1 agl, 2 mind (3 slash)
Spiked Shield: 6 wt, 14 def, 2 HP, 2 dex, 2 agl, 4 avd (4 blunt, 3 pierce, 1 vs humans, resist poison +1)
Brigandine: 5 wt, 25 def, 5 dex, 2 avd (3 blunt, 2 pierce)
Baldur Leggings: 5 wt, 20 def, 5 MP, -1 luck, 2 vit, 1 dex, 4 int (1 slash, 3 pierce, 3 vs. divine/umbra/faerie/phantom)

HP 243 (0.75 PCHP), RT 100 (96% speed), Move 4 (+4 RT per square), Jump 2/3
Atk 284, Mag 156, Def 238, MDef 230
Str 89, Vit 92, Dex 89, Agl 82, Avd 92, Int 83, Mind 82, Res 88

Leonar reduces damage by roughly as follows:
-40% from physicals (125% durability)
-72% from magic (268% durability)

Skills:
1H Swords Lv3, Truestrike II, Strengthen I, Parry Lv2, Anatomy Lv3, Counterattack II, Rampart Aura II, Knockback II, Deathproof

Counterattack II gives him a 100% chance to counter melee attacks for 28 damage. Knockback II gives him a 50% chance to knock the target back with melee attacks (negates counters). Parry gives him some modest evade against melee attacks. Anatomy slightly boosts damage against humans under some circumstances (and is factored in). Deathproof gives him immunity to petrify, sleep, bewitch, charm, spendthrift, paranoia, bind, shackle, stop, wither, addle, curse.

Actions:
Attack: RT +24. 57 slashing damage. 94% speed next round.
Rending Gale: RT +15, 100 TP (consumes all). 2x85 = 170 slashing damage. 102% speed next round.
Rampart Shadow: RT +25, 75 TP. Free action. Summons a 2-HP shadow which has the Rampart Aura ability (probably DL useless).

Leonar gains about 0.25 TP for every point of physical damage dealt, and about 0.4 TP for every point of physical damage received. Finishers do not count as physical attacks for this. He also gains 2 TP for every 20 clockticks (so 10 before his first turn, 12 before any subsequent turns).

Comments: Not so hot on damage (oh look a 4HKO), but he's pretty well set up anyway. Fighters will have a tough time not seeing Rending Gale unless they have impressive damage, and that hurts. Mages just better not let him reach turn 5 (when he gets Rending Gale naturally). Stallers who can survive Rending Gale make him sad, though. Weird dueller, not yet sure if he's more of a Middle or Heavy.

OZ MOH GLACIUS and OZMA MOH GLACIUS (Chaos Chp 3)
Lv. 16 Knight Commanders

Fight together, along with 12 other allies. They fight 12 PCs. Battle ends only if both are defeated.

Party averages:
HP: 192. base RT: 94. later-turn RT: 117. Damage: 41.
(If you're curious as to why the HP average barely moved, it's because I dropped a Knight from the previous team as I am now levelling up White Knight.)

Oz

Equipment and stats:
Chakmak: 8 wt, RT +25, 75 atk, 4 HP, 1 dex, 2 avd, 1 res (3 slash)
Baldur Shield: 6 wt, 16 def, 5 MP, -1 luck, 2 vit, 1 dex, 2 avd, 4 int (4 slash, 3 pierce, 1 all elements, 3 vs. divine/umbra/faerie/phantom, resist slow +1)
Nomad Bracers: 5 wt, 23 def, 8 dex, 1 avd (3 slash, 2 pierce)

HP 257 (0.72 PCHP), RT 78 (121% speed), Move 4 (+5 RT per square), Jump 2/3
Atk 274, Mag 168, Def 246, MDef 237
Str 89, Vit 94, Dex 110, Agl 86, Avd 93, Int 90, Mind 87, Res 85

Oz reduces damage by roughly as follows:
-43% from physicals (126% durability)
-73% from magic (267% durability)

Skills:
Axes Lv5, Dark Magic, Fire Magic, Rampart Aura I, Counterattack II, Anatomy Lv4, Augment Fire Lv4, Augment Dark Lv4, Deflect Lv3, Stunproof

He counters melee physicals for 39 damage, is immune to stun, and gets a damage boost on humans (factored in). Deflect gives him an unlisted chance to dodge long-range physicals.

Actions:
Attack: RT +25. 78 slashing damage. 114% speed next round.
Dark Prison: RT +15, 100 TP (consumes all). 2-3 range. ~130 dark/slashing damage, inflicts Breached (lowers def a questionable amount). 126% speed next round.
*He also has an ice and a non-elemental finisher which probably do slightly less damage. The ice one may do more if his TP gets high, though.

Sparksphere: RT +13, 15 MP. 3-6 range, line of sight. ~50 fire damage. 129% speed next round.
Sparksphere II: RT +16, 30 MP. 3-6 range, line of sight. ~61 fire damage. 124% speed next round.
Firestorm: RT +14, 22 MP. 5 range. ~44 fire damage. 127% speed next round.
Word of Pain, Word of Pain II, Meteor Strike: Dark versions of the above three spells.
Firestorm II: RT +19, 45 MP. 5 range, 2 area. 121% speed next round. (Damage untested.)

Ozma

Equipment and stats:
Spiked Laurel: 2 range, 11 wt, RT +33, 86 atk, 4 HP, 3 vit, 2 dex, 1 res (4 blunt)
Baldur Leggings: 5 wt, 20 def, 5 MP, -1 luck, 2 vit, 1 dex, 4 int (1 slash, 3 pierce, 3 vs. divine/umbra/faerie/phantom)

HP 239 (0.67 PCHP), RT 77 (122% speed), Move 4 (+5 RT per square), Jump 2/3
Atk 361, Mag 202, Def 213, MDef 203
Str 86, Vit 96, Dex 107, Agl 85, Avd 91, Int 90, Mind 80, Res 90

Ozma reduces damage by roughly as follows:
-8% from physicals (73% durability)
+27% from magic (53% durability)

Skills:
Whips Lv5, Ice Magic, Dark Magic, Spellcraft I, Expand Mind I, Strengthen II, Silenceproof, Tetratology Lv3, Augment Ice Lv4

She is immune to silence, and gets an unknown damage boost on beasts (NOT factored in).

Actions:
Attack: RT +33. 2 range. 85 blunt damage. 106% speed next round.
Demon Rose: RT +15, 100 TP (consumes all). 2-3 range. ~150 blunt/ice damage, inflicts Bewitch (FFT charm, but not cancelled by damage. It hits, she wins). 127% speed next round.
*She also has a water and a non-elemental finisher which probably do slightly less damage and lack bewitch.

Iceblast: RT +13, 15 MP. 3-6 range, line of sight. ~40 ice damage. 130% speed next round.
Iceblast II: RT +16, 30 MP. 3-6 range, line of sight. ~51 ice damage. 126% speed next round.
Avalanche: RT +14, 22 MP. 5 range. 129% speed next round. (Damage untested.)
Word of Pain, Word of Pain II, Meteor Strike: Dark versions of the above three spells. Unlike Oz's, they should be weaker due to her lack of Augment Dark.
Avalanche II: RT +19, 45 MP. 5 range, 2 area. ~28 ice damage. 122% speed next round.

Expand Mind means Ozma gains 2 MP every 16 clockticks instead of the usual 18. That's just shy of 10 for first turn, then just shy of 14 for every subsequent turn.

Comments: Oz is a Leonar remix (big magic tank, but physicals give him TP) trading away the boss immunities for more speed and damage, as well as some backup magic damage. I imagine that's a winning trade but it's hard to be sure, and he's probably some sort of Heavy though probably not a great one. Ozma is much worse because her durability sucks. Most Middle mages will have no problems with her at all, though a slim few may fail to OHKO and get 2HKOed first. Fighters are at more risk simply because hit her too hard, or fail to 2HKO her, and she's probably getting off the devil Demon Rose. Still an unimpressive Middle, and she hopes her PC form is better.

LANSELOT TARTAROS
Lv. 18 Death Templar

Fights with Catiua (optionally; it depends on a previous, unintuitive dialogue choice), and 12 other allies. Fights 12 PCs. The battle ends if either he or Catiua is defeated, but defeating Catiua kicks you out of the "good" ending.

Party averages:
HP: 201. base RT: 94. later-turn RT: 117. Damage: 39.

Equipment and stats
Damasc Sword: 9 wt, RT +27, 84 atk, 2 HP, 3 vit, 1 avd, 3 res (6 slash)
Heater Shield: 6 wt, 18 def, 5 HP, 4 vit, 2 dex, 2 avd (4 blunt, 3 slash, 2 all elements, 5 vs humans, parry +1)
Baldur Armor: 5 wt, 20 def, 5 MP, -1 luck, 2 vit, 1 dex, 4 int (2 slash, 3 pierce, 5 dark, 3 vs. divine/umbra/faerie/phantom)
Overguards: 5 wt, 25 def, 5 HP, 2 str, 5 vit, -1 dex, 2 res (3 blunt, 2 slash)
Ring of Vitality: 1 wt, 8 atk, 8 def, 5 vit (1 all phys, 5 all elements)

HP 268 (0.71 PCHP), RT 89 (106% speed), Move 4, Jump 2/3
Atk 319, Mag 168, Def 295, MDef 252
Str 109, Vit 126, Dex 102, Agl 86, Avd 93, Int 92, Mind 85, Res 97

Lanselot reduces damage by roughly as follows:
-55% from physicals (158% durability)
-62% from magic (187% durability)
-reduces light by a further ~25% and dark by a further ~70%

Skills:
1H Swords Lv6, Divine Magic, Rampart Aura II, Counterattack II, Anatomy Lv3, Augment Light Lv3, Atenuate Light, Parry Lv4, Overpower Lv3, Stunproof

He is immune to stun, has a notable parry rate to melee, and reduces the target's parry rate. He is also light resistant (see above) and hits weakness on humans (factored in), as well as resisting their damage due to the Heater Shield.

Actions:
Attack: RT +27. 96 slashing damage. 101% speed next round.
Rending Gale: RT +15, 100 TP (consumes all). 2x120 = 240 slashing damage. 113% speed next round.
Apocalypse: RT +15, 100 TP (consumes all). 2-3 range. ~150 blunt/light damage, 113% speed next round.
*He also has blunt and slash/ice finishers which are likely weaker.

Spiritsurge: RT +13, 15 MP. 3-6 range, line of sight. ~23 light damage. 115% speed next round.
Spiritsurge II: RT +16, 30 MP. 3-6 range, line of sight. ~42 light damage. 111% speed next round.
Spiritsurge III: RT +19, 45 MP. 3-6 range, line of sight. ~51 light damage. 108% speed next round.
Judgement: Useless.
Judgement II: RT +19, 22 MP. 5 range, 2 area. ~25 light damage. 108% speed next round.
Heal: RT +13, 15 MP. 5 range. ~43 healing. 115% speed next round.
Heal II: RT +16, 30 MP. 5 range. ~63 healing. 111% speed next round.

Comments: Pretty clearly a better version of previous bosses. OHKO finisher, damage isn't bad before then, very tanky (the great parry rate helps). Using MP probably isn't worth it for him, although healing as a stall move to gain just a bit more TP exists as an option. High Heavy.

CATIUA PAVEL
Lv. 17 Dark Priest

Equipment and stats
Exarch's Staff: 8 wt, RT +25, 47 atk, 8 MP, 2 vit, 2 int, 7 mind (3 blunt)
Wizard's Hat: 5 wt, 20 def, 13 MP, -3 luck, 3 dex, 8 int, 9 mind (5 vs phantom, silenceproof, meditate +1)
Robe: 4 wt, 8 def, 1 vit, 1 int, 1 mind, 2 res (1 blunt, 2 all elements)
Crimson Necklace: 3 et, 1 def, 10 MP, 10 luck, 5 int, 5 mind, 5 res (1 all phys, silenceproof)

HP 175 (0.51 PCHP), RT 90 (104% speed), Move 4, Jump 1/2
Atk 199, Mag 309, Def 178, MDef 310
Str 79, Vit 81, Dex 84, Agl 78, Avd 79, Int 115, Mind 109, Res 101

Catiua reduces damage by roughly as follows:
+92% from physicals (27% durability)
-13% from magic (59% durability)
-reduces dark by a further ~15%

Skills:
Cudgels Lv3, Dark Magic, Augment Darkness Lv3, Attenuate Dark, Spellcraft II, Resistance II, Spellstrike II, Channeling II

She is dark resistant (see above), and reduces MP costs by 10%. However, she must still possess the spell's base cost to cast it in the first place, so I'll list base costs. She does NOT have the blanket TO boss fatal status immunity.

Actions:
Attack: RT +25. Damage probably fails. 102% speed next round.
Wrathful Strike: RT +15, 100 TP (consumes all). Untested blunt damage, 111% speed next round.

Meteor Strike: RT +14, 22 MP. 5 range. ~60 dark damage. 113% speed next round.
Paralytic Wave: RT +12, 10 MP. 5 range, 2 area. 100% chance of paralysis (no counters, lowered hit/evade, chance of turn loss).
Poison Cloud: RT +14, 20 MP. 4 range, 2 area. 100% chance of poison (9-10 damage per round).
She also has Drain Heart (drain), Drain Mind (mp drain), Spellcharge, Torpor (slow), Sleep, Charm, and Gravity Flux (leaden). I couldn't get her to use any of these, may fill in the info later after I test the PC versions.

Comments: Really hopes you give TO boss mages some starting MP or she's awful. Actually, she's awful anyway, with that durability. She might be able to get rolling with sleep/charm -> amass MP -> blitz with dark averse-boosted Meteor Strikes but don't count on it. Probably won't want this form but it's listed for completeness.

BRANTYN MORNE
Lv. 21 Dark Bishop

Fights with 14 allies. Fights 12 PCs. Battle ends if he falls.

Party averages:
HP: 209. base RT: 94. later-turn RT: 117. Damage: 44.

Equipment and stats
Magus Staff: 7 wt, RT +20, 48 atk, 10 MP, 1 vit, 8 int, 1 mind (1 blunt)
Baldur Shield: 6 wt, 16 def, 5 MP, -1 luck, 2 vit, 1 dex, 2 avd, 4 int (4 slash, 3 pierce, 1 all elements, 3 vs. divine/umbra/faerie/phantom, resist slow +1)
Wizard's Hat: 5 wt, 20 def, 13 MP, -3 luck, 3 dex, 8 int, 9 mind (5 vs phantom, silenceproof, meditate +1)
Sorcerer's Robe: 5 wt, 22 def, 10 MP, 1 vit, 6 int, 4 mind (2 slash, 3 pierce, 5 all elements, meditate +1)
Ring of Vitality +1: 1 wt, 8 atk, 8 def, 10 vit (1 all phys, 10 all elements)

HP 246 (0.64 PCHP), RT 93 (101% speed), Move 4, Jump 1/2
Atk 239, Mag 377, Def 377, MDef 283
Str 87, Vit 108, Dex 96, Agl 89, Avd 92, Int 146, Mind 122, Res 119

Brantyn reduces damage by roughly as follows:
-36% from physicals (100% durability)
-100% from magic (infinite durability)
*The only magic I had that could damage him was Level 3 scrolls, which did 5 damage compared to 61 against average. Anything spammable (i.e. normal magic) did 1.

Skills:
Cudgels Lv5, Divine Magic, Augment Light Lv6, Tactician II, Fortify III, Spellstrike III, Spellcraft II, Channeling III, Expand Mind III, Silenceproof

He is immune to silence. He gains both MP and TP at greatly enhanced rates: 2 MP every 12 clockticks (so 14 for turn 1, then 18-20 for subsequent turns), and 2 TP every 14 clockticks (so 12 for turn 1, then 14-16 for subsequent turns). His spells cost 15% less than normal to cast, but he must still possess the base MP cost to cast them in the first place. His magic should be exceptionally accurate (I never saw a sub-100% hit rate).

Actions:
Attack: RT +20. 35 blunt damage. 104% speed next round.
Raining Blows: RT +20, 100 TP (consumes all). 2x100 = 200 blunt/holy damage. Damage increases (linearly?) with current TP. 104% speed next round.

Spiritsurge: RT +13, 15 MP. 3-6 range, line of sight. ~180 light damage. 110% speed next round.
Spiritsurge II: RT +16, 30 MP. 3-6 range, line of sight. ~200 light damage. 107% speed next round.
Spiritsurge III: RT +19, 45 MP. 3-6 range, line of sight. ~220 light damage. 104% speed next round.
Judgement: RT +14, 22 MP. 5 range. ~140 light damage. 109% speed next round.
Judgement II: RT +19, 22 MP. 5 range, 2 area. ~150 light damage. 104% speed next round.
Heal: RT +13, 15 MP. 5 range. ~56 healing. 110% speed next round.
Heal II: RT +16, 30 MP. 5 range. ~76 healing. 107% speed next round.
Heal III: RT +19, 45 MP. 6 range. ~96 healing. 104% speed next round.
Exorcism, Exorcism II: Prevent undead revival. Irrelevant.
Awaken, Singing Light, Cleanse, Unburden, Ease: Remove various status effects (sleep, silence, poison, move debilitation, debuffs. Debuffs is the most interesting but at 40 MP, it's probably not useful.)
Boon of Swiftness: RT +16, 30 MP. 5 range. Grants Quicken status (speed multiplied by 4/3, lasts about 3 rounds). 107% (143%) speed next round. This does not speed up MP/TP gain.

Comments: Oh look it's functional magic immunity (or at least very good MDef). Really badass if you give him some starting MP, but if you don't... he's still pretty good. First turn is mostly a wash, but from there on he can spam Spiritsurge I-II every turn which really hurt (near-OHKO turn 2, then OHKO every subsequent turn). His physical finisher is shockingly good too, and since magic is out opponents risk giving him a lot of TP to use it once. He hates holy defence so much, though, and he's not too hard to pull fast-2HKOs against. Heavy most likely.

ANDORAS GAFFRYN
Lv. 22 Knight Commander

Fights with 13 allies. Fights 12 PCs. Battle ends if he falls.

Party averages:
HP: 232. base RT: 94. later-turn RT: 120. Damage: 49.

Equipment and stats
Damasc Claws: 12 wt, RT +36, 101 atk, 6 HP, 2 str, 3 vit, 1 mind, 3 res (8 pierce)
Damasc Leggings: 5 wt, 30 def, 10 HP, 3 vit, 3 res (4 blunt, 2 pierce)
Damasc Mitts: 5 wt, 30 def, 2 HP, 3 vit, -1 avd, 4 mind (3 slash, 2 pierce, 4 vs. faerie)
Ring of Deftness +1: 1 wt, 8 atk, 8 def, 10 dex (1 all phys, 10 all elements)

HP 293 (0.68 PCHP), RT 84 (112% speed), Move 4, Jump 2/3
Atk 346, Mag 184, Def 275, MDef 255
Str 115, Vit 112, Dex 117, Agl 96, Avd 101, Int 97, Mind 99, Res 103

Andoras reduces damage by roughly as follows:
-33% from physicals (101% durability)
-9% from magic (75% durability)
-reduces lightning by a further ~50%

Skills:
Fists Lv6, Lightning Magic, Augment Lightning Lv4, Attenuate Lightning, Siege, Counterattack III, Deflect Lv4, Overpower Lv4, Stunproof

He has a 100% counter rate to melee attacks, doing 75% of his normal attack damage. He is immune to stun and control-denying status. He has a boosted chance to evade ranged attacks, and overcomes target parry rate as well as Rampart Aura.

Actions:
Attack: RT +36. 73 piercing damage. 100% speed next round.
Charged Resonance (Lv4): RT +22, 60 TP. Grants Lightning-Touched to self and adjacent allies (normal physicals become lightning element), inflicts Lightning Averse on adjacent enemies (target takes about 1/3 extra damage). 113% speed next round.
Tempest Blade: RT +15, 100 TP (consumes all). 2-3 range. ~155 blunt/lightning damage, inflicts Weaken (negligible attack debuff). 121% speed next round.
*He also has non-elemental and fire finishers which are likely weaker.

Lightning Bow: RT +13, 15 MP. 3-6 range, line of sight. ~20 lightning damage. 124% speed next round.
Lightning Bow II: RT +16, 30 MP. 3-6 range, line of sight. ~30 lightning damage. 120% speed next round.
Lightning Bow III: RT +19, 45 MP. 3-6 range, line of sight. ~40 lightning damage. 117% speed next round.
Thunderflare: RT +14, 22 MP. 5 range. ~10 lightning damage. 122% speed next round.
Thunderflare II: RT +19, 22 MP. 5 range, 2 area. ~20 lightning damage. 117% speed next round.

Comments: Unimpressive; he's Ozma trading away damage for durability. He has 4HKO damage off speed that starts good but doesn't stay that way. Hopeless against mages (unless they rely on lightning I guess), but against fighters he has counters and does have a chance to get off a Tempest Blade. Too bad even that isn't likely to kill unless accompanied by a couple previous physicals (counters help!). Low Middle offhand.

BARBAS DAHD GEUSE
Lv. 24 Knight Commander

Fights with Martym. Fights 5 PCs. Battle ends if both fall.

Party averages:
HP: 234. base RT: 94. later-turn RT: 120. Damage: 49.

Equipment and stats
Damasc Hammer: 13 wt, RT +40, 122 atk, 2 MP, 3 vit, 1 dex, 2 agl, 2 res (6 blunt, 5 vs golem)
Damasc Mitts: 5 wt, 30 def, 2 HP, 3 vit, -1 avd, 4 mind (3 slash, 2 pierce, 4 vs. faerie)
Tremblor Earring: 1 wt, 9 atk, 9 def, 15 HP (2 all phys, 30 vs all races, hammers +2)

HP: 343 (0.80 PCHP), RT: 92 (102% speed), Move 4, Jump 2/3
Atk 383, Mag 194, Def 293, MDef 265
Str 126, Vit 121, Dex 104, Agl 94, Avd 104, Int 96, Mind 111, Res 103

Barbas reduces damage by roughly as follows:
-39% from physicals (131% durability)
-19% from magic (99% durability)
-reduces earth by a further ~55%

Skills:
Hammers Lv7+2, Dark Magic, Counterattack III, Rampart Aura III, Herpetology Lv5, Augment Earth Lv5, Attenuate Earth, Parry Lv5, Overpower Lv5, Slowproof

He has a 100% counter rate to melee attacks, doing 75% of his normal attack damage. He is immune to stun and control-denying status. He has a boosted chance to evade melee attacks, and overcomes target parry rate. He deals bonus damage to reptiles (not tested). He has excellent evasion if you lack Truestrike (but why would you), possibly due to the accessory?

Actions:
Attack: RT +40. 116 blunt damage. 91% speed next round.
Angel of Death: RT +15, 100 TP (consumes all): 2-3 range. ~180 blunt/earth damage, inflicts Petrify. 112% speed next round.
*He also has ice and fire finishers.

Word of Pain I-III, Meteor Strike I-II: Dark elemental spells. They'll be weaker than Andoras' due to a lack of Augment Element. The only one I could coax him to use, Meteor Strike, did 1 damage...

Comments: Big slow guy. Well his first turn is above average, but not so much thereafter. His damage is pretty good, though, and his durability is solid, and the counters sting if you're going for physicals. Middle/Heavy area.

MARTYM NOUMOUS
Lv. 24 Knight Commander

Fights with Barbas. Fights 5 PCs. Battle ends if both fall.

Party averages:
HP: 234. base RT: 94. later-turn RT: 120. Damage: 49.

Equipment and stats
Ice Blade: 10 wt, RT +30, 98 atk, 2 MP, 1 str, 4 vit, 2 mind (7 slash, 7 ice, adds ice averse)
Damasc Shield: 6 wt, 19 def, 3 HP, 1 str, 2 vit, 2 dex, 1 avd, 1 mind (4 blunt, 4 pierce, 3 all elements, 5 vs golem, Overpower +1)
Guardsman's Earring: 1 wt, 9 atk, 9 def, 15 HP (2 all phys, 30 vs all races, 1H Swords +2)

HP: 340 (0.79PCHP), RT: 86 (109% speed), Move 4, Jump 2/3
Atk 381, Mag 196, Def 321, MDef 301
Str 118, Vit 120, Dex 105, Agl 104, Avd 101, Int 103, Mind 106, Res 106

Martym reduces damage by roughly as follows:
-72% from physicals (282% durability)
-82% from magic (439% durability)
-reduces water by a further ~99%

Skills:
1H Swords Lv7+2, Divine Magic, Counterattack III, Rampart Aura III, Anatomy Lv5, Augment Water Lv5, Attenuate Water, Deflect Lv5, Silenceproof, Resist Slow Lv5

He has a 100% counter rate to melee attacks, doing 75% of his normal attack damage. He is immune to silence and control-denying status, and highly resistant to slow (28% hit rate instead of normal ~84%). He has a boosted chance to evade ranged attacks. He deals bonus damage to humans (factored in). He has excellent evasion if you lack Truestrike (but why would you), possibly due to the accessory?

Actions:
Attack: RT +30. 116 slash/ice damage. Has a low (20%?) chance to inflict Ice Averse, raising subsequent damage by about 15% for two turns. 103% speed next round.
Rending Gale: RT +15, 100 TP (consumes all). 2x140 = 280 slashing damage. 119% speed next round.
*He also has ice, water, and blunt finishers.

Spiritsurge III: RT +19, 45 MP. 3-6 range, line of sight. ~55 light damage. 114% speed next round.
Spiritsurge I-II, Judgement I-II: Weaker light magic spells.
Heal: RT +13, 15 MP. 5 range. ~45 healing. 121% speed next round.
Heal II: RT +16, 30 MP. 5 range. ~65 healing. 118% speed next round.
Heal III: RT +19, 45 MP. 6 range. ~85 healing. 114% speed next round.

Comments: Randomly a total badass, better than Barbas at everything. Extremely durable if you lack defence-piercing attacks (in-game you should build up TP killing Barbas then unleash finishers on Martym). Decent base damage, Rending Gale is its usual badass self, counters are a complication melee fighters don't need... and given his durability, that healing can be alarmingly relevant in some fights. High Heavy.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 12:52:14 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 04:46:34 PM »
Barbiatos and Oz sound good. Also, I'm considering grabbing generics am i doing this right

EDIT: ALSO RANK HIPPOPPRESSOR NYBBETH WHOAMG
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:49:11 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 06:54:50 PM »
Neat.  Boss Vyse on the Law route where he's a Ranger was pretty badass but he was more of a super-tank there with a bit less offense, but I suppose we'll get to him eventually.

For generics, I'd recommend doing generics who don't have any named characters in the job first, since arguably they should still be represented in the averages.  (Don't think there's any named Rogues for example?)  (Although to do this in a compatible way with the Elf named characters, I suppose that will require waiting and finding out what Elf uses as the DL level...  to make up for the stat loss, probably fairest to stick Denam in the unrepresented job, too.)

Fun random fact: There's a totally undocumented giant damage boost Baldur weapons get vs. undead.  Assuming endgame level isn't too high so that Baldur weapons aren't entirely in the dust, this means most of the cast (not wizards/clerics) gets to do triple damage against undead or something silly like that (Brahms trembles in fear?).  Canopus with a Baldur bow would do like 150-180 damage to undead dragons in the Occione sidequest rather than the ~30-60 I'd expect, and dual-dagger Vyse did 1 damage (Butcher Knife+1) / ~70 damage (Baldur dagger), quite the damage split.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 01:26:36 AM »
With some stupidly high number of PCs already, generics will be pretty low priority.

Denam's a Warrior, his starting class. I'm raising him in knives since those are apparently the best overall melee weapons (it feels punitive to not allow weapon skills to him, since every other physical PC gets one and you will certainly use one, so I just gave him a choice). The only other class he has any claim to is Lord, but Lord... is weird. Possibly bad due to being underlevelled, and it's debatable whether it should get off-class skills (from any class? Just from Warrior since that's Denam's only other claim?) Probably best to ignore it, although if it ends up catching up in levels enough to not look embarrassing I'll list it under various interps.

EDIT: Also, I realised today that listing Vyce's physical durabilities as separate is misleading, as the higher piercing resistance has more to do with "tanky boss characters spoil Strengthen-based offensive setups because TO mechanics are psyduck" than anything to do his defences, I suspect. So they're all averaged now.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 01:33:54 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Maybe.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 02:09:50 AM »
The vast majority of support skills are either close to universal, have L30+ requirements and are simply better iterations of skills widespread at low levels, or both; none of these should be DL-legal for anyone unless it's a starting skill. What's left are basically Double Attack and a bunch of DL-irrelevant stuff like Sanctuary. Double Attack has a major inpact on the in-game performance of every class that can learn it, and hopping into Ninja just to grab it is pretty trivial in-game; I'd definately allow it in the DL.

Action Skills are pretty exclusive with the exception of the recruitment skills (all DL useless) and arguably Meditate; the rest I would allow for any class that can inherit it, so long as dumb shananigans like body swapping aren't required. Lord is one of only 2 classes that can use Mighty Impact and Tremendous Shot and one of 3 that can use Phalanx (2 if you discount the post-game, post-PotD Paladin); these are a huge part of why it can easily solo random battles for quick exp and dominates after getting caught up in-game, I'd definately allow them as well.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 02:55:35 AM »
DHE: Oh, of course.  Sorry if I wasn't clear, agree Denam should be raised as a warrior (->Lord?) for Denam's spot in the stat topic.  Just by default if I was doing generics, rather than having to compile all generics going against each other (which would be a huge amount of work), I'd be tempted to just stick Denam in an unrepresented job.  That way only jobs which don't have a unique member would have to be calculated (and arguably this average would be better for even the named characters) rather than say doing a new generic archer, a generic warrior, etc.

hinode: Hmm.  Philosophically, I agree with you in general; it's probably not worth trying to fit the likes of Strengthen or Fortify into the averages (as noted, they're practically universal and would just cancel out anyway), and stuff like Counterattack feels like everyone would want it in the DL when they might not care in-game and be weird to allow.  However, I'd be tempted to make an exception for Truestrike / Trueflight / Spellstrike.  Granted most of the uniques start with these anyway (and presumably can "scale them up" so early joiners aren't punished), but in general TO characters are very accurate in-game almost single-handedly thanks to these skills, and have rather cruddy accuracy otherwise.  Not equipping them with that skill is kinda weird, it's practically obligatory; it feels like it'd really nerf characters who don't start with it, a distinction that doesn't matter in-game since it's cheap to get, but a distinction that is potentially worth a full divisional shift in the DL if enforced (~60-70% accuracy-> 100+ overkill accuracy or so?  Unsure, maybe endgame accuracy is good anyway, my experience is mostly with the difference in Chapter 1, where you will know exactly who hasn't equipped the accuracy boosters yet.).

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 03:14:29 AM »
I definitely agree with Snowfire re not rewarding PCs who start with basic skills like Truestrike and punishing those who don't since the distinction is all but meaningless in-game.

Lord has the further strike against it of being splitpath (granted, so are individual PCs' existences, so eh). I honestly have my fingers crossed that it turns out worse than Warrior anyway so that I won't have to deal with that headache.

Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 04:45:30 AM »
Given that I believe TO is generally subtractive, Strength doesn't cancel out, but rather evens out high and low attack (I think. TO mechanics, so who fully knows).
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 06:11:18 AM »

Fear.

Best boss now in the topic, I see.  Just missing some quotes.  Really any of 'em would work.  "But he was no brother to me. He abandoned me. And now I, him."

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 04:00:04 PM »
Sometimes, just sometimes, I love you.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 04:11:20 PM »
Hey Elfboy, how are you calculating boss PCHP? I don't think you mentioned it in the topic and team based games like this one are always sort of odd to figure out.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 03:58:00 AM »
All my boss stat topics use average damage * 8.75 = PCHP. I try to provide all pertinent numbers that people might use to calculate HP via their own methods.

Maybe.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 11:28:48 PM »
Just to note, the Bewitch status isn't permanent.  It's not removed by damage, but it still wears off after time.  So Ozma doesn't instantly win after landing it.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 05:05:43 PM »
"Evasion is something I haven't tested much, but it does exist. Canopus in particular has a fair bit (the only thing he ends up good at in the DL, sadly), but Arycelle, the Valkyries, and the White Knights are decent at it too. The "Avoid" stat gives a bit of a hint but the truth may easily be more complicated in that delightful Tactics Ogre way."

In SNES/PSX TO it was often better to equip only very light equipment or even nothing at all to get higher speed and very high evasion. I don't know if that was changed in the remake though.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2013, 05:37:37 PM »
Evasion's still awesome in TOPSP, at least if you take your time to equip the evade skills. It caps off at 25% hit rate in theory (though I suspect the display lies), but I can say safely that all my archers equipped with it, at the very least, pretty much never got hit ever, garnering coinflip evade rates from -back attacks-.

kokushishin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 07:12:04 PM »

(Element)touched gives an aftereffect of 25% damage.  So an attack for 100 would instead do 100, 25.

A side benefit of the elemental finishers and upper tier attack spells is they change the elemental balance.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2014, 12:01:54 AM »
Welp this is me doing a thing.
Boss notes here based on observations based on the semi-normalish maybe stuff that I'm doing so take with a grain of salt.  Or five, particularly where durability figures are concerned so corrections would be appreciated if I'm doing something horribly wrong there.  I'll be matching Elfboy's formating and scaled HP figures for the sake of consistancy.  I'll be filling in other people here as I get to to them, watch this space, ect.

VYCE BOZECK (Law Ch. 2)
Lv. 11 Ranger

Fights with Arycelle (who I don't care enough to get boss stats for, it's worse than her PC form anyways) and 9 other allies.  Fights 10 PCs + one guest.  Battle ends if he falls.

As a disclaimer to the following PC averages, most of my classes are at Lv10 and three (Archer, Cleric, Knight) are at Lv11, which is probably on the high side for this battle if anything (and Lv10 is important since that's when Wizards get Lv2 missile spells and some pieces of Baldur equipment become useable, notably Baldur Hammers and their 88 attack power which makes Vyce's defense look not quite as awesome).  On the flipside, I've also neglected a class and you've just gained access to Ninja/Rogue in the battle before on this route.  I'll be throwing these in at Lv5-6 to tamp down the averages a bit (probably ill-advised but eh). 

(It's also possible to snag a swordmaster classmark at this point by taking a sidetrip to the woods but since they only can use one weapon type which only becomes available in shops literally right before this battle I'm obviously tossing them out.)

Party Averages:
HP: 153 (155 excluding lowbies, if you care).  First turn RT: 95 (97).  Later turn RT: 117 (120).  Damage: 37 (42 without lowbies or 1-damage-to-everything clerics, 49 without either)

Equipment and Stats:
Baldur Sword: 8 wt, +23 RT, 63 atk, 5 mp, 2 vit, 1 dex, 4 int, -1 lck (5 slash)
Aspis: 5 wt, +16 RT, 11 def, 2 str, 1 dex, 1 agi, 2 avd (3 blunt, 2 pierce, +1 resist sleep)
Baldur Armor: 5 wt, 20 def, 5 mp, 2 vit, 1 dex, 4 int, -1 lck (2 slash, 3 pierce, 5 dark, 3 divine/umbra/faerie/phantom)
Chain Leggings: 4 wt, 16 def, 5 hp, 1 str, 2 vit (2 blunt, 3 slash)
Ring of the Horde: 1 wt, 8 atk, 8 def, 5 str (1 blunt/slash/pierce, 5 all elements)

HP 175 (0.54 PCHP [0.47 PCHP without lowbies]), RT 93 (102% average speed [104% exluding lowbies]), Move 4 (+5 RT per square moved), Jump 2/3
Atk 239, Mag 138, PDef 212, MDef 192
Str 81, Vit 84, Dex 87, Agl 77, Avd 83, Int 78, Mind 67, Res 72

Vyce modifies incoming damage by roughly as follows:
-66% from physicals (158% durability)
-55% from magic (120% durability)

Skills:
Swords (1H) Lv3, Spell Ward I, Double Attack, Counterattack II, Anatomy Lv2, Parry Lv1, Stunproof

Counterattack II gives him a 100% chance to counter melee attacks for half his normal damage.  Parry gives him some evasion against melee attacks.  Anatomy boosts damage against humans in some way, shape, or form that I am fairly clueless on but am factoring in anyways.  Double Attack would perhaps be more useful if he actually had two weapons equipped.  He's also immune to stun.

Actions:
Attack: RT +23.  72 (67 without the three lowbies) slashing damage.  101% (103%) speed next round.
Rending Gale: RT +15, 100 TP (consumes all).  96x2 (91 without the three lowbies) = 192 (182) slashing damage.  108% (111%) speed next round.  Accuracy increases with TP.

Taking the people with Baldur Hammers and giving them Morningstars/Shields drives Vyce's physical reduction to about -70% and reduce his average damage a bit, if you care.

Comments: Law route Vyce trades some speed and go-to damage for about half again the durability of his Chaos route form (HP is worse, defenses are definitely much better though) and since he manages a 3HKO it's not a bad trade (though my team could be a touch frail... probably not enough to change that fact).  He stands a good chance at outslugging mages with that 3HKO (provided they lack ITD of course) and fighters risk ramming into Rending Gale.  Looks even better if taken at Lv9 because as mentioned some important upgrades become available at Lv10 though I can't say I care enough to go back and say for certain just *how* much better.

GANPP VOCHSTEIN (Law Ch. 3, is fought on other routes and comes with a similar group composition)
Lv.15 Beast Tamer

Fights with 10 allies.  Fights 10 PCs.  Battle ends if he falls.  Retreats at low HP if you're inclined to hold that against him.

No pesky level disclaimer here.

Party Averages:
HP: 169.  First-turn RT: 98.  Later-turn RT: 121.  Damage: 38

Equipment and Stats:
Spiked Laurel: 11 wt, +33 RT, 86 atk, 4 hp, 3 vit, 2 dex, 1 res (4 blunt)
Baldur Gauntlets: 5 wt, 19 def, 5 mp, 2 vit, 1 dex, 4 int, -1 luck (2 slash, 3 pierce, 3 divine/umbra/faerie/phantom)

HP 198 (0.59 PCHP, but see above), RT 94 (104% speed), Move 4 (+4 RT per square moved), Jump 2/3
Atk 268, Mag 141, PDef 250, MDef 192
Str 94, Vit 89, Dex 96, Agl 78, Avd 80, Int 73, Mnd 76, Res 85

Ganpp modifies incoming damage by roughly as follows:
-1% from physicals (59% physical durability)
+13% from magic (52% magical durability)

Skills:
Whips Lv3, Fortify I, Sidestep I, Spell Ward I, Knockback II, Counterattack II, Steadfast, Empower Beast Lv3, Teratology Lv3, Stunproof

Counterattack II gives him a 100% chance to counter for half his normal damage.  Knockback II gives him a 50% chance to knock the target of his attacks back one square.  Teratology gives him some arcane and nebulous boost against beasts which I wouldn't factor in even if I knew.  His defense against physical attacks in increased in certain situations (factored in).  He is immune to stun and knockback.

Actions:
Attack: +33 RT. 72 crushing damage, range 1-2.  95% speed next round.
Empower Beast: +24 RT, 70 TP.  Improves damage of a beast unit for their next attack, range 1-4.  100% speed next round assuming he does nothing else.
Flood Lash: +15 RT, 100 TP (consumes all). 103 crushing/water damage, range 2-3.  111% speed next round.  Damage increases with TP.

Comments: Pretty scrubby, at least he 3HKOs and has above-average first-turn speed, but still, that durability.  He kind of wishes his support wasn't mostly tanky monsters and lizards but he'd still probably be somewhat frail.  He has a PC form that is probably better, but it's sidequesty FAQbait so who cares, I'd probably vote based on the boss if anything.

XAEBOS RONSENBACH (Law Ch. 3)
Lv. 15 Knight

Fights with 11 allies.  Fights 10 PCs.  Battle ends if he falls.

Party Averages:
HP: 170.  First-turn RT: 98.  Later-turn RT: 121.  Damage: 50 (uh.  That's what happens when half your support is composed of squishy casters I guess and you double up on archers and hammers?  Nothing else explains the damage gap since he's only fought two battles after Ganpp, it sure as hell ain't because of Strengthen <_<.  If you're curious, removing one of each brings it down to about 44 or so.)

Equipment and Stats:
Cutlass: 8 wt, RT +24, 70 atk, 4 hp, 2 str, 1 agl, 2 mind (3 slash)
Spiked Shield: 6 wt, 14 def, 2 hp, 2 dex, 2 agl, 4 avd (4 blunt, 3 pierce, 1 vs humans, resist poison +1)
Baldur Leggings: 5 wt, 20 def, 5 hp, 2 vit, 1 dex, 4 int, -1 luck (1 slash, 3 pierce, 3 vs. divine/umbra/faerie/phantom)

HP 258 (0.58 PCHP, but see above), RT 108 (90% speed), Move 4 (+4 RT per square moved), Jump 2/3
Atk 253, Mag 161, PDef 266, MDef 258
Str 89, Vit 92, Dex 88, Agl 84, Avd 90, Int 82, Mnd 89, Res 84

Xaebos modifies incoming damage by roughly as follows:
-55% from physicals (128% physical durability)
-82% from magic (322% magical durability)

Skills:
Swords (1H) Lv5, Fortify I, Resistance I, Phalanx, Knockback II, Rampart Aura II, Rampart Shadow, Resist Slow Lv4, Stunproof

He has a 50% chance to knock the target back one square on hitting.  His defense against both physical and magical attacks are increased in certain situations (factored in).  He is immune to stun and heavily resists slow (neither of my mages could get a non-zero hit rate on him with it despite near-100% odds against his terror knight/dragoon buddies and 67% odds against the casters).

Actions:
Attack: +24 RT. 53 slashing damage.  91% speed next turn.
Phalanx: +20 RT, 50 TP.  Reduces all incoming damage by 90% until the start of his next turn.  94% speed next turn assuming he does nothing else.
Rampart Shadow: +25 RT, 75 TP.  Summons a shadow that has Rampart Aura.  Probably DL useless.
Rending Gale: +15 RT, 100 TP (consumes all). 77x2 = 144 slashing damage.  98% speed next turn.  Accuracy increases with TP.
Vile Wound: +20 RT, 100 TP (consumes all).  89 crushing damage.  May inflict poison.  94% speed next turn.  Accuracy increases with TP.

Comments: Leonar remix.  He's not as damaging overall (my team is definitely frailer than Elfboy's was, but he lacks the melee counter game and his Rending Gale is worse no matter how you slice it) and is slower but is more durable, any weirdness with HP and damage averages aside.  Whether or not he's worse in the end, I dunno.

BALXEPHON V. RAHMS (Law Ch. 3)
Lv. 16 Knight Commander

Fights with Oz (see Elfboy's notes, he's pretty similar) + 12 allies.  Fights 12 PCs.  Battle ends if both bosses fall.

Party Averages:
HP: 190.  First-turn RT: 95.  Later-turn RT: 120.  Damage: 48
If you're wondering about the somewhat radical shift in averages, it's because I stopped neglecting certain things.  Like some classes.  And constitution.  Though still not Fortify (for all that that thing is psyduck).

Equipment and Stats:
Trident: 11 wt, +32 RT, 81 atk, 5 hp, 2 vit, 1 dex, 5 res (5 pierce)
Nomad Bracers: 5 wt, 23 def, 8 dex, 1 avd (slash, 2 pierce)

HP 246 (0.58 PCHP), RT 88 (107%), Move 4 (+5 RT per square moved), Jump 2/3
Atk 369, Mag 162, PDef 317, Mdef 221
Str 94, Vit 91, Dex 103, Agl 79, Avd 97, Int 92, Mnd 78, Res 96

Balxephon modifies incoming damage by roughly as follows:
-32% from physicals (85% physical durability)
-53% from magic (123% magical durability)

Skills:
Spears Lv6, Fire Magic, Dark Magic, Knockback II, Rampart Aura II, Counterattack II, Strengthen II, Fortify II, Stunproof, Anatomy Lv3

He has a 100% chance of countering melee attacks for half his normal damage and a 50% chance of knocking his target back one square with his physical attack.  His physical attack and defense is boosted under certain situations and he hits weakness against humans (factored in... for whatever impact Fortify actually HAS).  He is also immune to stun.

Actions:
Attack: +32 RT. 108 piercing damage, range 1-2.  100% speed next round.
Ruination: +15 RT, 100 TP (consumes all). 152 piercing damage, range 1.  116% speed next round.  Accuracy increases with TP.
Scythe Wind: +20 RT, 100 TP (consumes all). 150 crushing damage, range 1.  May inflict Breached.  111% speed next round.  Accuracy increases with TP.
Firey Death: +15 RT, 100 TP (consumes all). 157 piercing/fire damage, range 2-3.  May inflict Hobble (lowers movement).  116% speed next round.
Giga Tempest: +25 RT, 100 TP (consumes all). 137 slashing/lightning damage to all in a one-square radius, range 2-3.  106% speed next round.  Accuracy increases with TP.
Sparksphere: +13 RT, 15 MP. 25 fire damage, range 3-6.  May inflict Fire Averse.  118% speed next round.
Sparksphere II: +16 RT, 30 MP. 43 fire damage, range 3-6.  May inflict Fire Averse.  115% speed next round.
Firestorm: +14 RT, 22 MP. 21 fire damage, range 1-5.  May inflict Fire Averse.  Ignores evasion.  117% speed next round.
Word of Pain, Word of Pain II, Meteor Strike: Dark versions of the above spells.
Firestorm II: +19, 46 MP. 26 fire damage to all in a one-square radius, range 1-5.  May inflict Fire Averse.  Ignores evasion.  112% speed next round.

Comments: Tactics Ogre mechanics!  Don't you just love how the boss with Fortify II takes more damage from physicals than the one without?  Anyways, 2HKOs can certainly happen here, he's not much fun to melee if you're slower than him and/or don't 2HKO and he's not frail against mages.  If he needs to fall back on magic damage, he's probably screwed though, watch out 5HKO non-spammable damage of a commonly resisted element.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 08:13:23 AM by Random Consonant »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2015, 03:50:54 AM »
Well since Random joined in…  not TOO much to add in the way of Neutral path bosses (who plays this route anyway), you fight Oz / Ozma / Xaebos but they're aren't terribly different from the boss stats already posted.  There is one character who has a mildly amusing alternate form that is Neutral-only, so he's included below.  One fun fact first, though:

Enemy known magic spells: Appear to be randomized per-fight!  The core damage spells always seem to show up (and, for Divine Magic, the core healing spells), but the ancillary spells aren't guaranteed.  Granted bosses seem to usually know "most" of them, but which 1 or 2 are missing varies.  Reloading a save and restarting the fight might theoretically allow you to deny one of these spells to a boss, if you're patient.

Notably, this means that Brantyn Morne can (and in fact is likely to?) spawn with Silent Light (which he apparently didn't for Elf).  It had a ~50% hit rate on Denam when he used it.

Moving on... 

NYBETH OBDILORD & GILDAS W. BYRNE (Neutral Chp. 3)

Fight together, along with 6 allies and 3 pre-stilled undead (if ignored they'll eventually revive).  They fight 8 PCs.  Battle ends if Nybeth dies.  AI Gildas will charge directly into you, AI Nybeth will run away.

Party averages:
HP: 192.  Base RT: 93.  Later-turn RT: 119. Damage: 46   
(Yes, this is higher than Elf's at comparable levels - it includes some +1 weapons and a ninja, probably more like 40 without them).

Nybeth
Lv 14 Necromancer

Equipment and stats
Exarch's Staff: 8 wt, RT +25, 47 atk, 8 MP, 2 vit, 2 int, 7 mind (3 blunt)
Magus Robe: 4 wt, 15 def, 2 vit, 9 MP, 3 int, 1 mind, 4 res
Circlet: 4 wt, 8 def, 1 vit, 10 MP, 2 mind, 3 res

HP 166 (.41 PCHP), RT 93 (100% speed), Move 3, Jump 1/2
Atk 173, Mag 182, Def 156, MDef 208
Str 62, Vit 78, Dex 74, Agl 67, Avd 74, Int 103, Mind 92, Res 109

Nybeth modifies incoming damage by roughly as follows:
+38% from physicals (30% durability)
-49% from magic (80% durability)

Skills:
Cudgels Lv2, Dark Magic, Necromancy, Sidestep I, Expand Mind I, Resist Stun lv4, Augment Darkness lv3

Nybeth gains MP at an advanced rate (2 MP every 16 clockticks instead of the usual 18 = 10 for first turn, then ~12 for every subsequent turn).  He hypothetically is dodgier than normal vs. ranged non-fusils, but Arycelle & Canopus (both w/ Trueflight) had 100% hit rates, so take with a grain of salt.  (Note that his C1 appearance is rather dodgy even through Trueflight, but that battle occurs during a rainstorm.)  He has good status resistance off his Res stat, resists Stun even further, and immunes the usual TO boss major statuses (Sleep, Petrify, Shackle, etc.)...  although that list doesn't include Silence.

Actions:
Attack: Probably fails, untested.
Wrathful Strike: RT +15, 100 TP (consumes all). Untested blunt damage.
Wait: 128% speed next turn.

Spells:
Dark Magic:
Word of Pain - RT +13, 15 MP. 3-6 range, line of sight.  70 dark damage.  112% speed next turn.
Word of Pain II -RT +16, 30 MP. 3-6 range, line of sight.  85 dark damage.  109% speed next turn.
Meteor Strike -  RT +14, 22 MP. 5 range.  50 dark damage.  111% speed next turn.
Petriburst: RT+14, 20 MP.  4 range.  45% chance of Petrification.  Won't always have.  111% speed next turn.
Drain Heart, Drain Mind, Poison Cloud, Sleep, Torpor, Charm, Gravity Flux: Untested.  Won't always have all of these.

Necromancy:
Banish, Curse, Life Force, Brainrot - Untested.  Mostly useless debuffs.  Won't always have all of these.
Summon Darkness - RT+13, 15 MP.  Summon allies to the field up to his summoning maximum.  If he's fighting alone, this should summon at *least* 6 allies, possibly 9 (not 100% sure how the game counts the pre-stilled allies).  There's a wide range of options - undead ghosts, undead skeletons, Dark Dragons, familiars, reptiles, lamias, who knows what.  112% speed next turn.
If you care, the invocation in the cutscene at the start of the battle and the invocation for casting Summon Darkness are the same, so he's clearly supposed to be casting this spell to start the battle off.

Gildas
Lv 14 Death Knight

Equipment and stats
Bastard Sword: 11 wt, RT +32, 80 Atk, 2 HP, 3 Str, 2 Dex, 1 Res (4 slashing)
Nomad Bracers: 5 wt, 23 def, 8 dex, 1 avd (slash, 2 pierce)

HP 204 (.51 PCHP), RT 93 (100% speed), Move 4, Jump 2/3
Atk 267, Mag 148, Def 220, MDef 198
Str 97, Vit 94, Dex 96, Agl 83, Avd 86, Int 73, Mind 84, Res 81

Gildas modifies incoming damage by roughly as follows:
-61% from physicals (130% durability)
-29% from magic (72% durability)
+34% from physical damage from Baldur weapons (38% durability) (see below)

Skills:
Swords (2H) lv4, Fearful Impact, Berserk, Knockback II, Rampart Aura II, Counterattack II, Steadfast, Charmproof

Immune to Knockback & Charm.  Does NOT sport the usual TO boss immunities, although his Resistance stat is okay.

Actions:
Attack: RT+ 32, ~80 slashing damage.  50% chance of knockback (which will negate melee counters).  Can counterattack melee attacks with this for half damage.  95% speed next turn.
Berserk: 40 TP, RT+18.  Attacks hit all three squares in front of him.  (Does NOT negate counterattacks.)
Fearful Impact: 40 TP, RT+18.  Next attack inflicts "Frightened" debuff slightly decreasing attack and defense, and has 100% hit rate.

Sonic Blade - RT+ 15, 100 TP, consumes all. ?120? slashing damage.  Damage rises with TP.  Untested.
Lightning Strike - RT +20, 100 TP, consumes all.  ?120? crushing lightning damage.  Accuracy rises with TP.  Untested.
(AI Gildas likes to blow his TP on Berserk / Fearful Impact, so it's very hard to give him enough TP to see these moves without killing him.)

Comments:
Nybeth has an optional C1 form that is perhaps more memorable, but is also extremely swingy based on when you do it - basically impossible if you rush it, but gets easier the longer you wait in C1.  He also has a boss form in Chaos route C4 that I imagine is fairly similar to this Neutral C3 one.  (No idea about his PotD superboss form, though.)

Anyway, Nybeth doesn't translate well.  You can *quite reasonably* argue that he gets to summon his own undead army at initiative even in the DL considering how it's portrayed in-game, and even throwing that out for sanity's sake, Summon Darkness is totally OP in the DL (yes, I have seen a Summon Darkness for +6 allies, albeit in a different fight.).  He also likes to hang out on top of forts with allies blocking the narrow ledges up which isn't something that translates to the DL.  But despite having access to a broken spell of broken, he's horrible in the DL.  Light if given a turn of MP: he'll still be dead by the time his Summon Darkness creatures spring into action on turn 2.  He's outright Puny if not given that turn of MP - oh boy, Wait turn 1 -> Summon creatures on turn 2 that might act on Turn 3 when he dies to a physical sneeze.  Not gonna grab detailed stats on his summons, just assume that if he survives that long in Puny he's surely winning.

Gildas is similar to Dievold: he is undead by plot, but doesn't have Zombie status, so no mechanical implications: Healing has the usual effect on him, he won't auto-revive after death, etc.  He does count as an "Umbra" creature of darkness, though, so Baldur weapons get a giant damage bonus on him (as they do on the undead - like +60 damage or something crazy), and as it happens, Baldur is the most recent & best weapon type at the time anyway, so you are very likely to have it equipped.  So yeah, he's a super-tank in theory, but not in practice; YMMV about how much to penalize him for this.  (I'd definitely see your average undead / demon / monster weakness hitting effect from other games work on him, e.g. FE8 Sacred Twins.)  Assuming you see this form as legal at all, it's mostly useful for getting Gildas slightly better status resistance than his PC form, but he still doesn't have immunity, so don't count on it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 03:18:40 AM by SnowFire »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2015, 03:53:16 AM »
Some quick PC comments not mentioned directly in Elf's stat topic: Denam is immune to Stun off his Azure Necklace, and Catiua is immune to Silence off the Crimson Necklace.  Additionally, Wizard's Hats grant Silenceproof, so a nice perk for the mages, and now Catiua is doubly immune to Silence. 

Elf mentioned possibly granting Bayin spells of other schools.  I don't think I'd do that myself but if you do, he gets Shackle off both Lightning & Dark which is pretty back-breaking.  Should have a 100% hit rate when not resisted.  See below for more fun status options from Dark Magic.  Speaking of status infliction rates, I ignored the enemies with Resist X skills in my hit percentages below; I suspect Elf included them if you're curious why Bayin's Petrifog appears worse than Sherri's.

I'm not sure whether characters have different join skillsets on different routes, or TO randomly rolls up the skillset on game start, or some other madness, but Olivya & Cerya were slightly different for me.  Olivya joined with Expand Mind as a starting skill for a small boost to her long-term MP gain.  Cerya was a more major difference: she joined with Spears instead of 1H Swords!  It doesn't seem to randomize it on character join, as I tried this 3 times, and it was always that.  Here's her starting join skills:

Neutral Cerya: Spears L3, Parry L2 (DL-illegal), HP Infusion, Strengthen/SpellCraft L2, Anatomy L2 (DL-illegal), Augment Fire L2

So yeah, this makes Cerya a lot more like Cistina.  Might be useful as an alternate form if she needs to avoid range-1 counterattacks like a Sword or Axe?!  Otherwise probably worse due to no shield.  And the fact that Neutral Cerya by all rights should be dead.

--

Anyway.  Neutral path PCs!  No I don't really expect them to be used, but useful for the averages at least, the DL usually includes all routes.  Although I don't actually suspect we need to update the averages just yet anyway; Neutral should largely drag them down somewhat (+1 Cleric), but Law will likely drag it up an equal amount (better PCs w/ no Cleric), so probably safe to wait for Law PCs if anyone ever feels brave.  I've also tossed in Sherri (all-path PC Elf skipped) and…  a certain noble interp headache.

As another note, Elf (rightly) ignored the "named generics" in his topic: characters who have an entry in the Warren Report and slightly buffed stats, but are nearly plotless and have generic sprites.  C1 has Sara (Archer), Voltare (Knight), & Felicia (Cleric, but only joins if Donnalto dies).  For whatever reason, the rest of the "named generics" got dumped on the Neutral route; I guess they ran out of time to polish that part or something, or were intended for if you failed to recruit Cistina's squad?  Anyway, I'm ignoring 'em.  Phaesta is a Valkyrie w/ Lightning magic, Tamuz is a Knight, Chamos is a slow Fire Wizard, Ehrlig is a Cleric with weirdly good physical base stats.  There's little reason to use them over Cistina/Folcurt/Bayin/Oelias, but they exist.  And yes, you get FOUR CLERICS Neutral path, fear.  (Also Ehrlig has a totally optional crazy overleveled boss form if you choose to fight him rather than recruit him.)

I've used Elf's assumptions, so no basic stat-boosting skills nearly every class can learn, except for Strengthen / Spellcraft / Truestrike / Trueflight / Spellstrike, which are assumed for everyone.  Other skills allowed & scaled up if started with (e.g. Counterattack, Expand Mind).

Oelias Obdilord (Cleric)

Magus Staff, Baldur Shield, Sorcerer's Robe, Wizard's Hat, Defender's Ring
Cudgels Lv2, Divine Magic, Sanctuary I, Anatomy lv 1, Augment Light Lv2, Reflect Damage I, Mother's Blessing

HP: 186, RT: 95
Atk 210, Mag 218, Def 226, MDef 270
Str 84, Vit 90, Dex 90, Agl 82, Avd 88, Int 116, Mind 119, Res 107
Eff Def 0.74, Eff MDef 1.76
PDur 0.63, MDur 1.50

-Undead can not end their move adjacent to Oelias
-Physical attackers hitting Oelias take 10% of the damage they deal
-Oelias is immune to Silence via her Wizard's Hat

Attack: RT +20. 5 blunt, about ~50% accuracy.

Wrathful Strike: 100 TP (consumes all), RT +15. 25 blunt/light, ~75% accuracy @ 100 TP.  Accuracy increases with TP.

(Divine Magic)
*Heal III: 45 MP, RT +19. 85 healing.
Major Heal: 25 MP, RT +15. 45 healing, AoE.
Exorcism II: 68 MP, RT +23. Permanently kill lots of downed undead targets.
Silent Light: 20 MP, RT +14. 85% chance of Silence (no magic for 2-3 turns).
Ease: 40MP, RT+18.  Removes a debuff.
*Dispel: 30 MP, RT+16.  Removes a buff.

* Learned at level 21

Comments: Behold the Tactics Ogre cleric.  Again.  She's a tad slower, but otherwise almost identical to Olivya: still slowly outstalls some Light mages without tricks, still loses to everyone with something resembling physical damage who can kill her before Reflect Damage does its messy work.

Dievold Obdilord (Terror Knight)

Spiked Flail, Heater Shield, Brigandine, Overguards, Warrior's Ring
Swords (2H) Lv3, Dark Magic, Fearful Impact, Counterattack II, Augment Darkness Lv2, Lament of the Dead, Reflect Magic I, Squash, Shadowbreak

-Magical attacks on Dievold reflect 10% of damage dealt to the caster
-Squash & Shadowbreak are 100% useless in-game and in-DL, ignore.

Alternate equips: Falx in place of Spiked Flail & Heater Shield.  Trades durability for accuracy, damage, & a finisher is what I'd like to say, but the 2-H Sword inexplicably did less to enemies despite having a level 3 skill than an unskilled 1-H hammer, so actually it's just the accuracy & finisher.  Your guess is as good as mine.  (Can also equip a Baldur Blade for undead-killing.)

(Stats, with 1H hammer)
HP: 249, RT: 113
Atk 370, Mag 171, Def 260, MDef 239
Str 103, Vit 109, Dex 94, Agl 88, Avd 99, Int 89, Mind 92, Res 94
Eff Def 1.15, Eff MDef 0.79
PDur 1.30, MDur 0.89

(Stats, with 2H sword)
HP: 242, RT: 109
Atk 377, Mag 172, Def 241, MDef 220
Str 103, Vit 106, Dex 91, Agl 88, Avd 97, Int 91, Mind 90, Res 94
Eff Def 0.91, Eff MDef 0.60
PDur 1.00, MDur 0.66

Attack, 1H hammer: RT +29. 55 bludgeoning.  ~95% accuracy
[Attack, 2H sword: RT +35. 50 slashing.]
Fearful Impact: 40 TP, RT +18. Free action.  Causes next attack to hit with 100% accuracy and inflict "Frightened" status.  (Frightened lasts 2-4 turns and is a ~+25% damage taken and ~-25% damage dealt debuff.)
Lament of the Dead: 30 TP, RT+16.  Free action.  Attempt to inflict "Frightened" on all enemy units within 2 tiles with 12% accuracy.

Sonic Blade: 100 TP (consumes all), RT +15. 83 slashing. Damage rises linearly with TP. Requires 2H sword.

(Dark Magic)
Drain Heart: 30 MP, RT+16.  Steals 1 HP.
Drain Mind: 30 MP, RT+16.  Steals 45 MP.
Drain Power: 30 MP, RT+16.  Steals 45 TP.  (YMMV on what counts as TO TP in the DL.  Every single character in TO has TP to steal.)
Instill Shadow: 15 MP, RT +13.  Grant Dark-Touched for a ~25% damage boost to attacks for 3-4 turns.
Shadow Guard: 10 MP, RT+12.  Grant Dark-attuned to reduce Dark damage by ~20-25% for 3-4 turns to a huge area.
Paralytic Wave: 10 MP, RT+12.  Inflict Stun to an area with 80% accuracy.  Stun lasts 1-5 turns and causes ~1/3 turn skip and disables counters.
Sleep: 20 MP, RT+14.  Inflict Sleep on a target with 62% accuracy.  Sleep lasts 2-4 turns and is broken by HP damage.
Gravity Flux: 30 MP, RT+16.  Inflict Leaden to a target with who-cares accuracy.

Notes:
*Lament of the Dead, Paralytic Wave, Drain Power, & Drain Mind do NOT break Sleep.
*Frightened is to my knowledge only immuned by some bosses in-game, nothing else - you can frighten golems, frighten the undead, frighten petrified enemies, etc.
*Similar to FFX Auron or VP2 Alicia, Dievold is undead by plot/flavor reasons, but isn't undead mechanically; he's human typed.  Your call on if certain other game's undead-slayer type effects might work, as TO's don't.

Comments: Not that great, for all that Frightened can be pretty useful in-game (it's unusually potent vs. high-Def supertanks like dragons & golems; also other PCs inexplicably seem to benefit more from it. I've seen Arycelle doing double damage to Frightened targets).  At his best, he's getting free counterattacks on short-range physical slugfesters and quickly Frightening them with his nearly-a-2HKO smash.  And against those with poor magic resist, he possibly can land a semi-consistent Sleep, giving him time to layer Stun & buff his damage a little.  On the downside, his speed is cast-worst by a lot, he gets even slower when Fearful Impacting, he gets crushed by mages, and the Sleep/Stun strategy isn't exactly reliable.  High Light.

Sherri Phoraena (Witch)

Magus Staff, Baldur Shield, Sorcerer's Robe, Wizard's Hat, Ring of Vitality
Cudgels Lv2, Earth Magic, Dark Magic, Augment Earth lv2, Augment Darkness lv2, Expand Mind II, Draconic Magic, Control Golem, Empower Golem, Golemsbane, Gordian Key

HP: 185, RT: 91
Atk 214, Mag 337, Def 233, MDef 259
Str 87, Vit 96, Dex 92, Agl 82, Avd 90, Int 132, Mind 108, Res 106
Eff Def 0.79, Eff MDef 1.35
PDur 0.66, MDur 1.13

-Gains 2 MP every 14 clockticks, instead of the usual 18
-Sherri is immune to Silence via her Wizard's Hat
-Skills in italics are all basically useless in the DL.
-Witch can *set* other magic schools, Reflect Damage, and Meditate, but can't learn them without a trip to Enchantress.  (Earth & Dark are pre-learnt for Sherri.)  Classmarks for Witch/Warlock are annoyingly rare as well.  Tactics Ogre!

Wrathful Strike: 100 TP (consumes all), RT +15.  Untested but probably really bad.

(Earth Magic)
Vulcan Lance: 15 MP, RT +13. 43 earth magic, inflicts Earth Averse.
Vulcan Lance II: 30 MP, RT +16. 60 earth magic, inflicts Earth Averse.
Vulcan Lance III: 45 MP, RT +19. 76 earth magic, inflicts Earth Averse.
Cragfall: 22 MP, RT +14. 38 earth magic, inflicts Earth Averse.
Cragfall II: 46 MP, RT +19. 43 earth magic, inflicts Earth Averse, AoE.
Duststorm: 20 MP, RT +14. 100% chance of Slow (80% speed for about 3 turns), AoE.
Petrifog: 30 MP, RT +16. 100% chance of Petrify (no action, but magic immune, for about 3 turns), AoE. 
Other Earth spells are basically worthless.  Petrifog would be good but it's flat worse than Petriburst in a duel due to 30 MP vs. 20 MP.

(Dark Magic)
Word of Pain I/II/III, Meteor Strike I/II: See Earth attack spells, different element.
Drain Heart: 30 MP, RT+16.  Steals 42 HP.
Drain Mind: 30 MP, RT+16.  Steals 50 MP.
Drain Power: 30 MP, RT+16.  Steals 47 TP.  (YMMV on what counts as TO TP in the DL.  Every single character in TO has TP to steal.)
Paralytic Wave: 10 MP, RT+12.  Inflict Stun to an area with 100% accuracy.  Stun lasts 1-5 turns.
Sleep: 20 MP, RT+14.  Inflict Sleep on a target with 100% accuracy.  Sleep lasts 2-4 turns and is broken by HP damage.
Charm: 25 MP, RT+15.  Inflict Charm on a target with 100% accuracy.  Charm lasts 2-4 turns and is broken by HP damage.  Charmed targets won't/can't attack themselves in TO.
Petriburst: RT+14, 20 MP.  Petrify target with 100% accuracy (no action, but magic immune).  Petrify lasts 2-4 turns.
Shackle: 30 MP, RT+16.  Shackle target with 100% accuracy.  Shackle lasts 2-4 turns and denies action (= FFT Don't Act).
Fixate: 30 MP, RT+16.  Bind target with 100% accuracy.  Bind lasts 2-4 turns and denies movement.
Torpor, Gravity Flux, Paradigm Shift, Spellcharge, Poison Cloud: Mostly useless.

Comments: Bayin remix.  Sherri is notably faster...  but misses out on Meditate, which is actually pretty key in the DL.  Has a wacky status game that costs too much MP to matter usually though - Sleep/Charm opponent, get to 30 MP, then steal their MP which won't break the status, I guess, while layering on more statuses?  Maybe?  High Light.

--
I've listed both the Chaos averages here, and Chaos+Neutral averages that take into account the new characters.  I have NOT recalc'd durability, everyone is a bit tougher due to Dievold being average & Sherri/Oelias being frail.

Chaos 1st-turn RT: 95
Chaos later-turn RT: 121.33
Chaos clockticks at which average turns occur: 95, 216, 338, 459, 580...

C+N 1st-turn RT: 96
C+N later-turn RT: 121.33
C+N clockticks at which average turns occur: 96, 217, 339, 460, 581...

3-turn damage average:
[no items]
{no items, 1x turn of MP/TP}

Dievold: Attack x3: 55/165 (539 ticks)
Chaos average: 45/135, killpoint 113, 459 ticks
Chaos+Neutral average: 43/128, killpoint 107, 460 ticks
{Sherri: Vulcan Lance I x3: 43/129 (403 ticks)}
Sherri: Magic Herb, Vulcan Lance II, Vulcan Lance II: 40/120 (407 ticks)
[Sherri: Wait, Vulcan Lance I, Vulcan Lance I: 28/86 (390 ticks)]
Oelias: Attack x3: 2/7 (440 ticks)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 09:48:19 PM by SnowFire »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2015, 03:56:19 AM »
One more character from this playthrough.  He gets his own post though.  Warning: These stats are with tarot card pickups. 

Denam Morne (Lord)

Kidney Spike, Kidney Spike, Brigandine, Overguards, Azure Necklace
Daggers lv6, Double Attack, Phalanx, Divine Magic, Lightning Magic, Wind Magic, Truestrike II/Strengthen II / Spellstrike II / Spellcraft II

Alternate setups: Denam can slot in other schools of magic (notably Dark).  He can swap Double Attack for Mighty Impact if he wants a Heater Shield in place of a dagger.  He can grab basically any weapon type he wants if it matters, excluding only fusils; notably he can do a Bows / Trueflight / Tremendous Shot setup if super-long range matters (e.g. avoiding counters or abusing Bind vs. short range).

[With 2x Dagger]
HP: 267, RT: 89
Atk 413/413, Mag 267, Def 245, MDef 235
Str 106, Vit 110, Dex 103, Agl 97, Avd 103, Int 92, Mind 96, Res 104
Eff Def 1.00, Eff MDef 0.79
PDur 1.21, MDur 0.96

[With Dagger & Shield]
HP: 267, RT: 91
Atk 416, Mag 267, Def 265, MDef 253
Str 106, Vit 109, Dex 103, Agl 97, Avd 103, Int 92, Mind 96, Res 104
Eff Def 1.32, Eff MDef 1.03
PDur 1.60, MDur 1.24

-Denam immunes Stun thanks to Azure Necklace.

Attack: RT +16. 65 piercing.
Double Attack: RT +32. 131 piercing.  [Over 2 hits, only with 2x Dagger setup.]
Phalanx: 50 TP, RT +20. Free action. Reduces all damage received by 90% until next turn.
Mighty Impact: 40 TP, RT +18. Free action, next normal attack does +50% damage, ignores evade/counters, and pushes the target back.  [Only useful with the shield setup, as with the Double Attack setup, the first attack will push the target out of the way of the second attack.]

Heart Crusher: 100 TP (consumes all), RT +15. 70 slashing/air.
Shadowpin: 100 TP (consumes all), RT +20. 70 piercing, inflicts Bind (target can't move).
Double Fang: 100 TP (consumes all), RT+25.  114 slashing (over 2 hits of 57). 

(Divine Magic)
Spiritsurge: 15 MP, RT +13. 1 light magic, inflicts Light Averse.
Spiritsurge II: 30 MP, RT +16. 5 light magic, inflicts Light Averse.
Spiritsurge III: 45 MP, RT +19.  10 light magic, inflicts Light Averse.
Judgement: 22 MP, RT +14. 1 light magic, inflicts Light Averse.
Judgement II: 46 MP, RT +19. 1 light magic, inflicts Light Averse, AoE.

**Heal III: 45 MP, RT +19. 82 healing.
Major Heal: 25 MP, RT +15. 42 healing, AoE.
Exorcism II: 68 MP, RT +23. Permanently kill lots of downed undead targets.
Instill Light: 15 MP, RT +13.  Grant Light-Touched for a ~15% damage boost for 3-4 turns.
Lightguard: 10 MP, RT+12.  Grant Light-attuned to reduce Light damage by 20-25% for 3-4 turns to a huge area.
Silent Light: 20 MP, RT +14. 85% chance of Silence (no magic for 2-3 turns).
* Ease: 40MP, RT+18.  Removes a debuff.
**Dispel: 30 MP, RT+16.  Removes a buff.

* Learned at level 21
** Learned at level 22

All other elements have Spiritsurge / Judgement equivalents for scrubby magic damage, a element-touched buff, & an attuned resistance buff.  Notable status options:

(Lightning Magic)
Stormspark: 30 MP, RT+16.  Shackle target with 92% accuracy.  Shackle lasts 2-4 turns and denies action (= FFT Don't Act).

(Wind Magic)
Black Wiliwaw: 30 MP, RT+16.  Binds targets with 92% accuracy, AoE.  Bind lasts 2-4 turns and denies movement.
Balmy Breeze: 20 MP, RT+14.  Sleeps targets with 72% accuracy, AoE.  Sleep lasts 2-4 turns is broken by HP damage.

(Dark Magic)
Drain Heart: 30 MP, RT+16.  Steals 1 HP.
Drain Mind: 30 MP, RT+16.  Untested but probably steals ~45 MP.
Drain Power: 30 MP, RT+16.  Steals 45 TP.  (YMMV on what counts as TO TP in the DL.  Every single character in TO has TP to steal.)
Paralytic Wave: 10 MP, RT+12.  Inflict Stun to an area with 100% accuracy.  Stun lasts 1-5 turns.
Sleep: 20 MP, RT+14.  Inflict Sleep on a target with 72% accuracy.  Sleep lasts 2-4 turns and is broken by HP damage.
Petriburst: RT+14, 20 MP.  Petrify target with 94% accuracy (no action, but magic immune).  Petrify lasts 2-4 turns.
Charm: 25 MP, RT+15.  Inflict Charm on a target with 72% accuracy.  Charm lasts 2-4 turns and is broken by HP damage.
*Shackle: 30 MP, RT+16.  Shackle target with 94% accuracy.  Shackle lasts 2-4 turns and denies action (= FFT Don't Act).
Fixate: 30 MP, RT+16.  Bind target with 94% accuracy.  Bind lasts 2-4 turns and denies movement.

* Learned at level 21

Recommended damage average: 87
Recommended 2.5 killpoint: 217
(see below for details)

Comments: Denam's pretty good.  Phalanx cheese wrecks in slugfests, this is known.  He's also a bit of a status whore if the fight lasts to turn 2 or turn 3, sporting very high accuracy statuses that will gain him more turns & TP (Petrify, notably), although he sometimes has to waste turn 1 on a Magic Herb (if allowed) to do this due to no Meditate.  Varies based on damage average held against / starting TP / items, but some shade of Heavy most likely.

For the viability of the Phalanx spam strategy, note that a double-attack against 'average' defense generates ~33 TP per round, and 141 RT (89+32+20) lets Denam generate 14 TP by the time his next turn rolls around.  So in general Denam is getting 47 TP per turn ignoring any he gets from damage, which is not QUITE enough for indefinite Phalanxes, but is close enough.  (You could also be nice and grant him the Tactician skill, learnt by Knights / Rogues / Monsters, to increase his natural TP-generation rate, but eh.)

Interp stuff:

Lord Denam's Skills
Trainwreck!

Lord can *set* almost any skill but can learn only one, the nearly useless First Aid.  I'm assuming he can import unique or nearly-unique skills from other classes - although this means that Lord's draw of skills will be affected by what classes you leveled.  I'm assuming that Elf's base skills are legal and all magic are legal as well.  As it happens, the only "unique enough" skills to really matter are Phalanx & Double Attack.  (Denam would like Meditate, but it's one of the skills he *can't* set, along with Ninjutsu.)  Phalanx is basically only Knight (Paladin does not count for anything), and Double Attack is only Ninja + 2 other unique classes (Ranger & Knight Commander).  I'm willing to say "only 1 generic class gets it" is unique enough here.

Note: You can't set both Divine & Dark Magic at the same time. :(  However it doesn't matter much, it's fairly rare Denam needs both Divine healing AND some status that isn't covered by another element.

Lord Denam's scaling

Right.  Source of much headaches.

tl;dr: Just use the Chaos HP & defense values, but scale Denam against an amped up damage average.  That's my recommendation.

Long & boring version:
So, first things first: hinode was right, Lord is in fact much more sane to catch up than other late-joining classes, mostly because the TO experience algorithm is…  f*cked.  In terms of player-time-to-XP ratios, it is far more impressed with Denam soloing a few level 5 guys in a quick battle than participating in an epic struggle against level 16 enemies.  Solo'ing a few maps also has the nice attribute of not making everyone else overlevel, you can catch up just Lord.  Which is not to say it IS sane, spending roughly an hour to catch a class up is super lame, but it's somehow less lame than deploying an empty slot for ~5 hours while the class slowly catches up, the fate of other late acquired classes that lack Phalanx and thus can't solo maps.  And if all you cared about was getting to level 20 in time for the end (rather than immediately equalizing levels), you could possibly skimp to just 30 minutes of catch-up, especially if you end up in a longer route through the Hanging Gardens.

Okay, so for me at least (YMMV) the level penalty is milder than it is for other late-joiners (e.g. Catiua).  However there's a larger problem: Lord's unique thing is being able to set nearly any skill learnt from other classes, something very unusual in TO where most skills don't carry over to other classes.  I would ban such cross-class skills normally, but this defeats the entire point of Lord.  So…  fine, I'll allow it for Lord, but to be fair, that means going against a damage average where such shenanigans are allowed for everyone.  While, as noted, being able to set cross-class skills is irrelevant for most characters, I think I'd be fine with just allowing straight-up class shifting.  Certainly if we're allocating each of these characters 30 minutes to screw around & grind, they can catch up the weapon / augment skills some.  One notable class that a lot of characters would switch to if they could is ninja: it's strong in the DL thanks to high damage, and it covers its defensive weakness with Steelstance & a decent block rate.  Ninja is allergic to magic (pre-Steelstance at least) and isn't super-tanky on turn 1, so I'll leave some full tanks in the damage average to keep the defenses roughly the same (they can heal-> Rending Gale instead).

Here's Kunoichi Cerya's damage with 2 Sais: 131, same as Denam actually.  (Cerya also ate a bunch of Tarot cards so it's keeping that element fair.)  So, if we assume that all tanks are roughly like Mirdyn, all the magey-types switch to Wizard/Enchantress for Meditate goodness and are roughly like Bayin, and everyone else becomes a Ninja roughly like Cerya, we have this rough damage average:

3-turn damage average, with class shifting:
[no items]
{no items, 1x turn of MP/TP}

Lord x1: 3x Double attack: 131/393 (452 ticks)
Ninjas x6: 3x Double attack: 131/393 (448 ticks)
Class-shifting average: 87/261 (462 ticks) / {88/265, (461 ticks)} / [83/248, (456 ticks)]
{Wizards x6: Meditate+Vulcan Lance II x2, Vulcan Lance I: 57/172 (459 ticks)}
Wizards x6: Magic Herb, Meditate+Vulcan Lance III x2 = 54/162 (463 ticks)
Tanks x3: 3x attack: 51/153 (493 ticks)
[Wizards x6: Wait, Meditate+Vulcan Lance II x2 = 42/126 (446 ticks)]

Lords: Denam
Tanks: Mirdyn, Gildas, Folcurt
Ninjas: Cerya, Arycelle, Hobyrim, Cistina, Canopus, Dievold
Wizards: Bayin, Catiua, Donnalto, Olivya, Oelias, Sherri

2.5 killpoint: 217 / {221} / [207]
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 06:43:03 AM by SnowFire »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2017, 05:58:54 PM »
Well, someone seems to have figured out the damage formula (with damage calculator) so might as well throw it up here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7_jqIx4zJa5T0EtSmlDVDgxRHM/view

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have any information on finishers and the damage calculator itself seems to calculate the variables in a way that don't fit any of the projections I'm getting but the variables largely seem to fit with my own observations (I suspect the offense constants applied to weapon groups are BS, since melee weapons are underperforming and ranged are overperforming what the calc says they should be, but I'm not exactly sure -how-) so I'm pretty comfortable with sharing it here.  Shoutouts to the crazy bastard who figured all this out, though.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 08:12:49 AM by Random Consonant »