Register

Author Topic: "Who am I?" Personality Test, mainly visual based  (Read 3505 times)

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
Re: "Who am I?" Personality Test, mainly visual based
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2013, 06:21:07 AM »
 My favorite thing about personality tests is reading other people's results, primarily because I then start thinking that those other options also sound a lot like me...

And then the whole illusion is shattered, and I remember these things are no better than fortune telling: vague platitudes and the occasional bit of common-as-dirt "bad traits" to be believable, applicable to just about everyone. Because people try to see themselves in things they're told about them. We do all the work ourselves!
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2013, 06:59:48 AM »
Or it means that your personality is built up of all the complex components we define as a set of attributes and all they are merely showing trends in your personality than it in its entirety.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2013, 04:05:38 AM »
My favorite thing about personality tests is reading other people's results, primarily because I then start thinking that those other options also sound a lot like me...

And then the whole illusion is shattered, and I remember these things are no better than fortune telling: vague platitudes and the occasional bit of common-as-dirt "bad traits" to be believable, applicable to just about everyone. Because people try to see themselves in things they're told about them. We do all the work ourselves!

Well, that IS actually the case of Meyer's Briggs, which has literally zero science behind it, and uses fortune telling techniques to get people to say "wow, that sounds just like me."

This test seems like it's based partially on the big five, though, which does have some research behind it.  And...while it has some categories that are pretty nebulous, it has others that are pretty unambiguous.  (Do you prefer fantasy or realism?  Do you expect people around you to backstab you?  Are you prone to anger?)

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2013, 08:32:09 AM »
Realism, yes, yes.

It could clearly be a little more robust, but I know not everyone enjoys filling out 100+ questions on these kinds of things to see their method.  What I would really like to see on this one is cultural bias (like pretty much every one ever).  I would take any results from it with a grain of salt as any results based on pictures is going to be based on an average interpretations of a picture (or one persons interpretation lololol).

Like I said though, interesting presentation.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.