Register

Poll

Match of dancy doom?

Meru
2 (33.3%)
Peppita
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Meru vs Peppita: Match of dancy doom  (Read 1138 times)

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
Meru vs Peppita: Match of dancy doom
« on: May 22, 2009, 05:30:22 PM »
Theme. DL dancers~

One's a downgraded Heavy, one's an upgraded Light. Now they meet on the even playing field of Middle, respect could go either way. Which one will prove they have what it takes to take central stage? To dance their way to a higher plain? Dance on.
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Re: Meru vs Peppita: Match of dancy doom
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 07:27:46 PM »
Peppita's supposed to be able to string lots of physical damage together, no? I don't know how much exactly, but you don't need that much to OHKO Meru.
...into the nightfall.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 08:33:08 PM »
*nods*

What I'm trying to figure out ... is if Meru OHKOs or 2HKOs Peppita and whether or not she doubles/triples. Peppita's not the slowest if one doesn't hold her to ARPG average speed (that's Maria) but still speed is one of her issues if one doesn't. Don't know if Blue Sea Dragon would manage an OHKO anyway though.
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 08:48:04 PM »
Well, Meru just misses 2HKO against average to me, so she probably does 2HKO Peppita. But...I would think there are so many things Peppita could do to throw a wrench in that. Meru has 51% Pdur to start with, so Peppita only needs to deal that much damage. Peppita can kill some of Meru's MP and make it so that she can't use BSD, or she can try to status out Meru. And did Peppita have healing+damage? Meru may very well get the 3-2 though, and 3 physical strings may do it (Of course, Peppita also has the counters, and then Meru has to survive 1 Peppita attack+2 counters). I'm not solid enough on Peppita to say that she definetely wins, but that's a lot of ways to potentially mess someone up.
...into the nightfall.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 09:34:06 PM »
Well, Meru just misses 2HKO against average to me, so she probably does 2HKO Peppita.

*nods*

Yeah, Peppita has average magic defence as with all SO3 characters but below average HP. Oddly enough, so does Nel. Hmmm.

But...I would think there are so many things Peppita could do to throw a wrench in that. Meru has 51% Pdur to start with, so Peppita only needs to deal that much damage. Peppita can kill some of Meru's MP and make it so that she can't use BSD,

Oh yeah, so she can. I forgot Peppita had that option if Meru didn't open with BSD. Depends on if Meru starts with SP or not I guess.

or she can try to status out Meru.

Well ... Peppita has chaos (good success rates), Frozen Daggers for freeze + shatter killing (good success rates) and ID (low success rates) Meru can block chaos with a status blocker I think and Blue Sea Armour gives her immunity to Peppita's element, don't think the status goes through 0 damage. Which leaves Peppita with the ID. With healing though ...

And did Peppita have healing+damage?

Yes. I see it as full healing from Healing Dance myself (full MP recovery from Magical Dance as well) to her DL HP though some people see the recovery dances as regen type moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5yiYov1F1Q&feature=channel_page

(w/o chaining - can go up to over a 1000 per tick with)

Meh she probably gets back a fair amount of HP anyway even if one does take it as teh regens.

Meru may very well get the 3-2 though, and 3 physical strings may do it (Of course, Peppita also has the counters, and then Meru has to survive 1 Peppita attack+2 counters).

Yeah Peppita is invincible to some damage during counters (depending on the animation of the attack vs the invincibility frames)and they have a chance of knocking enemies out of attacks too. Though Meru also has that weird LoD counter counter thing.

I'm not solid enough on Peppita to say that she definetely wins, but that's a lot of ways to potentially mess someone up.

*nods*(

Thanks for the replies Dhyer.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 10:03:45 PM by Clear Tranquil »

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 07:42:18 AM »
Allowing Meru to start with SP would swing the match the other way (Well, assuming half-SP filled bars at least. 1 starting turn of Dragoon probably would not do it).

LoD characters can't actually counter or null legitimate counters (Or else Lloyd would cry more in game).
...into the nightfall.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 09:19:13 AM »
That's good to know. It'll save me headaches in the future >_>

Yeah, one shot of BSD + Freezing Ring would be scarier to Peppita than physicals, if Meru doubles she's dead. Meru wants to use up her dragoon right away though as if Peppita does get a turn she can drain any further MP away. Hrhmm I'd hold Peppita as faster than Sophia, Adray, Maria myself (Adray gets faster over time but he does not start off quick) but typically just hold ARPG characters at average speed, less psyducks that way. I'm generous enough to let Meru start with 200 SP but I'm also one of those rare/weird people that allow people elemental blockers (Peppita can craft an Aqua Ring herself so yeah) since I don't see them as broken.

Good match!

I'm relatively pleased with the way this topic has gone. Thanks voters/peeps ~
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 09:21:02 AM by Clear Tranquil »