Author Topic: AGMT: R2, Pool 8  (Read 2371 times)

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
Re: AGMT: R2, Pool 8
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 09:10:34 PM »
ZTS - Hoshi bakari miteita -someday from here- (December without an Angel) vs La Pucelle ~Legend of the Holy Maiden of Light~ Arrange Soundtrack - Crazy Pianist (La Pucelle)
UI-70 - Snow or Cherry Petal (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs Mizunoe Works - Battle 1 (FFX)
Chrono Trigger: Brink of Time - Secret of Forest (Chrono Trigger) vs The Wingless - The Guardian Legend Rosenthorne (Guardian Legend)
The Black Mages - The Rocking Grounds (FF3) vs Atelier Iris ETERNAL MANA 2 Arranged Tracks RED LUCIFER RISING - Carmine (Atelier Iris 2)

The Songs of Zemeth ~Ys VI Vocal Version~ - MIGHTY OBSTACLE ~The Wind of Zemeth (Ys VI) vs Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Silver Will (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki 1st)
kLuTzMusic - 600 A.D. Piano Arrangement (Chrono Trigger) vs Ys Origin Super Arrange Version - YSY -Shiho no Hoko- (Ys Origin)
Cave Story Remix Project - Grass Stains (Cave Story) vs Trenthian - HisFirstGoodDeed (Breath of Fire)
The Black Mages - Those Who Fight Further (FFVII) vs The Black Mages - Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy 6)

No smartass comments this time.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 10:07:05 PM »
ZTS - Hoshi bakari miteita -someday from here- (December without an Angel) vs La Pucelle ~Legend of the Holy Maiden of Light~ Arrange Soundtrack - Crazy Pianist (La Pucelle) - The ZTS track is borderline fail.  Crazy Pianist works, I guess, though it's not exactly what I'd call outstanding.

UI-70 - Snow or Cherry Petal (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs Mizunoe Works - Battle 1 (FFX) - The first half of the PCB track needs to be lopped off on principle.  The opposition, however, is lame enough for me to autovote against it.

Chrono Trigger: Brink of Time - Secret of Forest (Chrono Trigger) vs The Wingless - The Guardian Legend Rosenthorne (Guardian Legend) - Yep.

The Black Mages - The Rocking Grounds (FF3) vs Atelier Iris ETERNAL MANA 2 Arranged Tracks RED LUCIFER RISING - Carmine (Atelier Iris 2) - More yep.

The Songs of Zemeth ~Ys VI Vocal Version~ - MIGHTY OBSTACLE ~The Wind of Zemeth (Ys VI) vs Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Silver Will (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki 1st) - Slaughteriffic.

kLuTzMusic - 600 A.D. Piano Arrangement (Chrono Trigger) vs Ys Origin Super Arrange Version - YSY -Shiho no Hoko- (Ys Origin) - Poor piano arrangement, it never stood a chance.

Cave Story Remix Project - Grass Stains (Cave Story) vs Trenthian - HisFirstGoodDeed (Breath of Fire) - Don't really care for either, honestly.

The Black Mages - Those Who Fight Further (FFVII) vs The Black Mages - Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy 6) - EDIT: Ah, there we go.  Not too terribly different from the original, but it's something I like, whereas I'm not a huge fan of TWFF or what it's based on.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 07:42:09 AM by Random Consonant »

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 06:55:08 AM »
Dancing Mad has been replaced with a 100% more working new upload.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 08:07:06 AM »
ZTS - Hoshi bakari miteita -someday from here- (December without an Angel) vs La Pucelle ~Legend of the Holy Maiden of Light~ Arrange Soundtrack - Crazy Pianist (La Pucelle): It runs too long before hitting the higher gear, but overall a nice relaxing track. Crazy Pianist arrange is a terribly butchered version of the original.
UI-70 - Snow or Cherry Petal (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs Mizunoe Works - Battle 1 (FFX): No clue what to think of Snow and Cherry Petal, but it's something I'd rather listen to once more.
Chrono Trigger: Brink of Time - Secret of Forest (Chrono Trigger) vs The Wingless - The Guardian Legend Rosenthorne (Guardian Legend): No strong feelings on either.
The Black Mages - The Rocking Grounds (FF3) vs Atelier Iris ETERNAL MANA 2 Arranged Tracks RED LUCIFER RISING - Carmine (Atelier Iris 2): Excellent match. Rocks out just a bit better.
The Songs of Zemeth ~Ys VI Vocal Version~ - MIGHTY OBSTACLE ~The Wind of Zemeth (Ys VI) vs Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Silver Will (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki 1st): Both are noms, one is not half comedy option.
kLuTzMusic - 600 A.D. Piano Arrangement (Chrono Trigger) vs Ys Origin Super Arrange Version - YSY -Shiho no Hoko- (Ys Origin): Pretty.
Cave Story Remix Project - Grass Stains (Cave Story) vs Trenthian - HisFirstGoodDeed (Breath of Fire): Grass Stains rises above mediocre at least.
The Black Mages - Those Who Fight Further (FFVII) vs The Black Mages - Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy 6): For any renditions of these two tracks, TWFF wins.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 06:24:48 AM »
ZTS - Hoshi bakari miteita -someday from here- (December without an Angel) vs La Pucelle ~Legend of the Holy Maiden of Light~ Arrange Soundtrack - Crazy Pianist (La Pucelle)

UI-70 - Snow or Cherry Petal (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs Mizunoe Works - Battle 1 (FFX)

Chrono Trigger: Brink of Time - Secret of Forest (Chrono Trigger) vs The Wingless - The Guardian Legend Rosenthorne (Guardian Legend)

The Black Mages - The Rocking Grounds (FF3) vs Atelier Iris ETERNAL MANA 2 Arranged Tracks RED LUCIFER RISING - Carmine (Atelier Iris 2)

The Songs of Zemeth ~Ys VI Vocal Version~ - MIGHTY OBSTACLE ~The Wind of Zemeth (Ys VI) vs Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Silver Will (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki 1st)

kLuTzMusic - 600 A.D. Piano Arrangement (Chrono Trigger) vs Ys Origin Super Arrange Version - YSY -Shiho no Hoko- (Ys Origin)

Cave Story Remix Project - Grass Stains (Cave Story)
vs Trenthian - HisFirstGoodDeed (Breath of Fire)

The Black Mages - Those Who Fight Further (FFVII) vs The Black Mages - Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy 6)

Can't seem to come up with anything interesting to say on these matches, or on pool 6.  Ah well.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 02:57:36 AM »
Cave Story Remix Project - Grass Stains (Cave Story) vs Trenthian - HisFirstGoodDeed (Breath of Fire)

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 03:47:46 AM »
ZTS - Hoshi bakari miteita -someday from here- (December without an Angel) vs La Pucelle ~Legend of the Holy Maiden of Light~ Arrange Soundtrack - Crazy Pianist (La Pucelle) - I like this song a lot more than I ought to given my usual taste in music.
The Black Mages - Those Who Fight Further (FFVII) vs The Black Mages - Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy 6) - Dancing Mad has sections where it's the better song, but as a whole I think it just loses out.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 07:21:45 AM »
Crazy Pianist isn't special or anything.  But this is still a blowout of the worst kind.

I like that Battle 1 groove.  Also, not hampered by being overly long.

No strong feelings on this one either.

Rocking Grounds is consistantly good.

Mmmm, Cheese

Guys, Ys isn't an auto-win button.

Yeesh.  Match of failure.  At least I get to see the winner get royally stomped next round.

Epic Guitar solo vs. something that's just great the whole way.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 10:11:29 AM »

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 03:08:49 PM »
Hoshi bakari miteita -someday from here- vs Crazy Pianist - Someday would be great if it didn't have that horrible squeakiness running throughout it. I don't care for Crazy but I can't stand that stuff.
Snow or Cherry Petal vs Battle 1 - Flagrant cutoffs are worse than having been redone in GBO style.
Secret of Forest vs Rosenthorne - I don't like either of these. I suppose this one is the lesser of two evils.
The Rocking Grounds vs Carmine - Decent versus nice.
MIGHTY OBSTACLE ~The Wind of Zemeth vs Silver Will - Zemeth is horrible.
600 A.D. Piano Arrangement vs YSY -Shihou no Houkou- - Good versus awesome.
Grass Stains vs His First Good Deed - Better plot.
Those Who Fight Further vs Dancing Mad - More variety.

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 04:19:35 AM »
Results.

ZTS - Hoshi bakari miteita -someday from here- (December without an Angel) 3
La Pucelle ~Legend of the Holy Maiden of Light~ Arrange Soundtrack - Crazy Pianist (La Pucelle) 6

UI-70 - Snow or Cherry Petal (Perfect Cherry Blossom) 4
Mizunoe Works - Battle 1 (FFX) 5

Chrono Trigger: Brink of Time - Secret of Forest (Chrono Trigger) 4
The Wingless - The Guardian Legend Rosenthorne (Guardian Legend) 5

The Black Mages - The Rocking Grounds (FF3) 3
Atelier Iris ETERNAL MANA 2 Arranged Tracks RED LUCIFER RISING - Carmine (Atelier Iris 2) 6

The Songs of Zemeth ~Ys VI Vocal Version~ - MIGHTY OBSTACLE ~The Wind of Zemeth (Ys VI) 1
Falcom jdk Band 2008 Spring - Silver Will (The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki 1st) 8

kLuTzMusic - 600 A.D. Piano Arrangement (Chrono Trigger) 2
Ys Origin Super Arrange Version - YSY -Shiho no Hoko- (Ys Origin) 7

Cave Story Remix Project - Grass Stains (Cave Story) 5
Trenthian - HisFirstGoodDeed (Breath of Fire) 4

The Black Mages - Those Who Fight Further (FFVII) 4
The Black Mages - Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy 6) 5