Author Topic: PokeDL! Nominations!  (Read 573 times)

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
PokeDL! Nominations!
« on: October 31, 2016, 03:38:32 AM »
Hopefully just a quick tournament to run before or with Futurama, but the time seems now what with Meeple updating the Gen6 topic & Gen7 shortly to be released.

Similar to FEDL, this is a tourney of only Pokemon conducted under Gen 6 Pokemon battle system rules.  These will be straight-up duels, not team fights, though.

Nominations must include a specific moveset, a passive skill, and a held item.  We'll skip Natures, EVs, & IVs and assume neutral ones.  Also, assume L50 a la GBU / Meeple's topic, not L100 a la Smogon.  For this tourney, assume all possible moves are legal rather than level-up moves only, although keeping to level-up moves is nice since Meeple's topic includes damage figures for them.  (TM/HMs are sorta fine, breeding moves are a bit more obscure and unlikely, but whatever, up to you.)

Example: Magikarp @ Focus Sash, Swift Swim
[Hydro Pump  / Bounce / Flail  / Splash]
(you can also just export Pokemon Showdown text format too if you use that to mess around with ideas.)

If you don't want to bother and just nominate a Pokemon, then the default skillset / passive from Meeple's topic will be assumed + a Lum Berry.  Lum Berries are always good.

3 divisions for this tournament:

Ubers: DL decent Heavies & better.  Can include awesome Pokes that aren't technically Uber by Game Freak's definition.  Kyogre, Xerneas, Aegislash, Mega Charizard, etc.

Rivals: The vast majority of Pokemon.  In DL terms, High Light - Low Heavy.  Torterra, Staraptor, Eeveelutions, etc.

Magikarp: superaielman fanservice.  Light & below.  This is reserved for Pokemon who really struggle even when they have type superiority, or for really dopey movesets on normally average Pokes.  Regigigas, Luvdisc, Far'fetchd, Male Combee, etc.

Oddities (and Pokemon experts should feel free to chip in any more of them):
* Self-destruct moves are banned.  Recoil moves aren't.  (In the Pokemon battle system, if you blow up the other guy with Explosion, you win, except in Gen5 allegedly.  Same with deadly recoil off the likes of Brave Bird, it's a double KO but victory goes to who dealt the damage first.)
* No Choice Band or Choice Scarf in Rivals or Magikarp division.  These items are balanced around a teamfight and seem kinda stupid in a duel where the proper attacking move isn't really gonna change.  (Yeah, a lot of other items balance is weird in a straight-up duel like Sitrus Berry too, but oh well.)

I'll try and take most/all of the nominations, so throw 'em out there!  The only asterisk is that if a division ends up ludicrously type-slanted, I might throw in some random Gen6 mons of unrepresented types.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: PokeDL! Nominations!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 03:47:17 AM »
Just to get the ball rolling, here's a few noms of my own…  I might add some more later.

Uber

Klefki, Terror of Smogon @Leftovers, Prankster
[Swagger, Thunder Wave, Substitute, Foul Play]

Cresselia @ Leftovers, Levitate
[Psychic, Moonblast, Calm Mind, Moonlight]

Pls don't poison me bro.  Went with Calm Mind over Double Team for the slow stally victory option.

Rivals

Umbreon @ Leftovers, Synchronize
[Confuse Ray, Feint Attack, Moonlight, Charm]

Chesnaught @ Rocky Helmet, Overgrow
[Hammer Arm, Wood Hammer, Bulk Up, Leech Seed]

Both are pretty close to the stat topic versions but with a useful item, although Charm rather than defense de-buffing & Seed Bomb over Wood Hammer.

Magikarp

Might as well get this one out of the way, since it's kinda obligatory.  We'll skip the Hydro Pump obscura for maximum fail, too.

Magikarp @ Eviolite, Swift Swim
[Bounce / Flail  / Tackle / Splash]

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 12:30:44 AM »
Rivals

Jumpluff @ Sitrus Berry, Infiltrator
[ Acrobatics / Leech Seed / Sleep Powder / Substitute ]

hi

Magikarp

Farfetch'd @ Focus Sash, Defiant
[ Agility, Brave Bird, Flail, Swords Dance ]

Gamefreak, I know you hate me

If you elect me for evolution, I promise I will lock myself in the UU meta for 4 years

But if you don't, I will keep running for evolution until the day I die

And I

will never die
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 12:51:03 AM by Laggy »
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

MC50

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 04:26:44 AM »
Not sure if this is going to happen, but here's a few nominations for fun if you need them.

Ubers

- Mega Rayquaza@Choice Band
  - Dragon Ascent
  - Outrage
  - V-Create
  - Waterfall

- Mega Rayquaza >_>

Rivals
 - Vanilluxe@Assault Vest (Weak Armor)
   - Ice Beam
   - Freeze Dry
   - Flash Cannon