imageRegister

Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Round 2, Pools 3&4~  (Read 3885 times)

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Round 2, Pools 3&4~
« on: April 14, 2009, 06:50:13 AM »
Round two continues with the winners of the preliminary matches of pools 3 and 4.  Which Silent Hill song will reign supreme?  Which Persona 3 song, for that matter?  Which Final Fantasy Failure is more of an embarrassment?  Is the Price too high for Freedom to overcome the Water Prison?  These questions and more can only be answered with your votes!  Since I'm only putting up one pool at a time for the time being, I am also reducing the voting time to five days, so this pool will close at midnight EST Saturday, April 18.  As usual, the username is "c863880@bsnow.net" and the password is "Password" if a song asks you to log in.

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Battlefield - The First Campaign (Etrian Odyssey 2) vs. Violent Storm (Baten Kaitos)
Water Prison (Ys Origin) vs. The Price of Freedom (FF7: Crisis Core)
True (Silent Hill 2) vs. Letter - From the Lost Days (Silent Hill 3)
Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) vs. STIGMATA (Mana Khemia)

The Bird Chirps, I Sing (Tales of Legendia) vs. Over the Wind (Wild ARMs 4)
Godsibb (Xenosaga 3) vs. Idola the Strange Fruits (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3)
Kimi no Kioku (Persona 3) vs. Battle Hymn of the Soul/Battle for Everyone's Souls (Persona 3)
Radical Dreamers - Without Taking the Jewel (Chrono Cross) vs. Twilight of the Anti-Hero (Wild ARMs XF)

FAILURE BRACKET
Hurry, Hurry! (Final Fantasy V) vs. Slam Shuffle (Final Fantasy VI)

ANIME
Ana (Clannad) vs. Mezame (Mai Hime)
Rinne no Hate Ni (Tsukihime) vs. Jounetsu (Tokyo Underground)

Full pool download can be downloaded from these links: http://www.mediafire.com/?kyxcytdkh4g and http://www.mediafire.com/?wjwjhjir1oy
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 07:11:22 AM by Yakumo »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Round 2, Pools 3&4~
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 08:16:53 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Battlefield - The First Campaign (Etrian Odyssey 2) vs. Violent Storm (Baten Kaitos) - I really don't see anything good in Violent Storm.  Doesn't really matter, though, as whichever wins here is going to be crushed by the winner of the match below.

Water Prison (Ys Origin) vs. The Price of Freedom (FF7: Crisis Core) - Awesome match, won't be sorry either way.

True (Silent Hill 2) vs. Letter - From the Lost Days (Silent Hill 3) - Doesn't suck.

Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) vs. STIGMATA (Mana Khemia) - Yep.

The Bird Chirps, I Sing (Tales of Legendia) vs. Over the Wind (Wild ARMs 4) - Sure.

Godsibb (Xenosaga 3) vs. Idola the Strange Fruits (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) - Mmmm, strange yet delicious fruits.

Kimi no Kioku (Persona 3) vs. Battle Hymn of the Soul/Battle for Everyone's Souls (Persona 3) - Yep.

Radical Dreamers - Without Taking the Jewel (Chrono Cross) vs. Twilight of the Anti-Hero (Wild ARMs XF) - Anti-Hero still does nothing for me.

FAILURE BRACKET
Hurry, Hurry! (Final Fantasy V) vs. Slam Shuffle (Final Fantasy VI) - Actually fails in some way, shape, or form.

ANIME
Ana (Clannad) vs. Mezame (Mai Hime) - Mezame is godlike

Rinne no Hate Ni (Tsukihime) vs. Jounetsu (Tokyo Underground) - Splat.

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 09:32:15 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Battlefield - The First Campaign (Etrian Odyssey 2) vs. Violent Storm (Baten Kaitos): Mrf. Just more pleasant to listen to, even if it's not memorable at all.
Water Prison (Ys Origin) vs. The Price of Freedom (FF7: Crisis Core): An excellent match. Feeling the vividity of Water Prison more, though.
True (Silent Hill 2) vs. Letter - From the Lost Days (Silent Hill 3): Oh, yay.

The Bird Chirps, I Sing (Tales of Legendia) vs. Over the Wind (Wild ARMs 4): Less Lion King association.
Godsibb (Xenosaga 3) vs. Idola the Strange Fruits (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3): Hot damn, this match is just as good as Prison/Freedom. These could very well have been the final four as far as I'm concerned.
Kimi no Kioku (Persona 3) vs. Battle Hymn of the Soul/Battle for Everyone's Souls (Persona 3): BfES vs other P3 music.
Radical Dreamers - Without Taking the Jewel (Chrono Cross) vs. Twilight of the Anti-Hero (Wild ARMs XF): Standard Mitose > standard WA

FAILURE BRACKET
Hurry, Hurry! (Final Fantasy V) vs. Slam Shuffle (Final Fantasy VI): I have a strong hate for Hurry! both in game and out of it.

ANIME
Ana (Clannad) vs. Mezame (Mai Hime): Kajiura goes 0-2. Tough pool. This isn't one of her best though, and Ana is very pretty.
Rinne no Hate Ni (Tsukihime) vs. Jounetsu (Tokyo Underground): Whatever.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 10:40:58 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Battlefield - The First Campaign (Etrian Odyssey 2) vs. Violent Storm (Baten Kaitos)

Godsibb (Xenosaga 3) vs. Idola the Strange Fruits (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3)
Kimi no Kioku (Persona 3) vs. Battle Hymn of the Soul/Battle for Everyone's Souls (Persona 3)
Radical Dreamers - Without Taking the Jewel (Chrono Cross) vs. Twilight of the Anti-Hero (Wild ARMs XF)

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 06:38:16 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Battlefield - The First Campaign (Etrian Odyssey 2) vs. Violent Storm (Baten Kaitos): Points off for stealing a riff FF6's boss theme. Still, Battlefield has synth issues.
Water Prison (Ys Origin) vs. The Price of Freedom (FF7: Crisis Core): Not really impressed by Price of Freedom.

Kimi no Kioku (Persona 3) vs. Battle Hymn of the Soul/Battle for Everyone's Souls (Persona 3): Unholy slaughter.

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 04:05:07 AM by El Cideon »

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 06:48:45 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 07:15:29 PM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 10:05:13 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Battlefield - The First Campaign (Etrian Odyssey 2) vs. Violent Storm (Baten Kaitos) - Close one, I'll admit a bit of EO fanism is coming into play for the final vote here.
Water Prison (Ys Origin) vs. The Price of Freedom (FF7: Crisis Core) - Ugh. Match of the pool here. Um, crap, dont' want to vote against either, but a relisten has Freedom edging out. Man.
True (Silent Hill 2) vs. Letter - From the Lost Days (Silent Hill 3) - I kinda like Letter. Not overly sure why, but eh.
Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) vs. STIGMATA (Mana Khemia) - Never been a huge fan of Gothic Neclord for reasons I can't quite figure out. Stigmata continues to be good.

The Bird Chirps, I Sing (Tales of Legendia) vs. Over the Wind (Wild ARMs 4) - Nothing much to say here.
Godsibb (Xenosaga 3) vs. Idola the Strange Fruits (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) - Another good one. Think I like Godsibb more on a relisten though.
Kimi no Kioku (Persona 3) vs. Battle Hymn of the Soul/Battle for Everyone's Souls (Persona 3) - Okay vs Godlike.
Radical Dreamers - Without Taking the Jewel (Chrono Cross) vs. Twilight of the Anti-Hero (Wild ARMs XF) - Uh, closish, not overly impressed by either.

FAILURE BRACKET
Hurry, Hurry! (Final Fantasy V) vs. Slam Shuffle (Final Fantasy VI) - Coinflip, whatever.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 11:11:14 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 12:11:38 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Battlefield - The First Campaign (Etrian Odyssey 2) vs. Violent Storm (Baten Kaitos) - Battlefield is nifty and all, but I do love BK's soundtrack.
Water Prison (Ys Origin) vs. The Price of Freedom (FF7: Crisis Core) - Mm-hm. Good match.
True (Silent Hill 2) vs. Letter - From the Lost Days (Silent Hill 3) - Huh. I thought there was a hole here....

Kimi no Kioku (Persona 3) vs. Battle Hymn of the Soul/Battle for Everyone's Souls (Persona 3) - Definitely the closest match of the pool. I really like both of these. Ah well.

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
Ana (Clannad) vs. Mezame (Mai Hime) - I kind of get the feeling that the singer in Ana is just making up the words as she goes along.
Rinne no Hate Ni (Tsukihime) vs. Jounetsu (Tokyo Underground) - More personality.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 12:24:55 AM »
Pools 3 and 4 are also still awesome.

Battlefield - The First Campaign (Etrian Odyssey 2) vs. Violent Storm (Baten Kaitos) - Battlefield is competent enough, but I'm definitely a fan of Storm.
Water Prison (Ys Origin) vs. The Price of Freedom (FF7: Crisis Core) - I voted for Dark Messenger over Water Prison, but Prison is still excellent.
True (Silent Hill 2) vs. Letter - From the Lost Days (Silent Hill 3) - True is pretty good.
Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) vs. STIGMATA (Mana Khemia) - I dunno.  Gothic Neclord is average Castlevania music, which is still good, but not really worthy of amazing hype like, say, The Tragic Prince.

The Bird Chirps, I Sing (Tales of Legendia) vs. Over the Wind (Wild ARMs 4) - Legendia vs. merely competent.
Godsibb (Xenosaga 3) vs. Idola the Strange Fruits (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) - Epic.  Promised Pain would win here, but godsibb not quite, I think.
Kimi no Kioku (Persona 3) vs. Battle Hymn of the Soul/Battle for Everyone's Souls (Persona 3) - Seems clear-cut.
Radical Dreamers - Without Taking the Jewel (Chrono Cross) vs. Twilight of the Anti-Hero (Wild ARMs XF) - Twilight goes squish.

FAILURE BRACKET
Hurry, Hurry! (Final Fantasy V) vs. Slam Shuffle (Final Fantasy VI) - Fails.

ANIME
Ana (Clannad) vs. Mezame (Mai Hime) - This is a pretty easy decision.
Rinne no Hate Ni (Tsukihime) vs. Jounetsu (Tokyo Underground) - Both these lose to either of the above anyway.

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 02:41:16 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME
Ana (Clannad) vs. Mezame (Mai Hime) - Ana is nice, but Mezame is awesome.
19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 02:57:12 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Battlefield - The First Campaign (Etrian Odyssey 2) vs. Violent Storm (Baten Kaitos) - Battlefield's good, especially for EO music (which is generally meh), but it's against the most memorable song from a good soundtrack.
Water Prison (Ys Origin) vs. The Price of Freedom (FF7: Crisis Core) - With the others on this - it's a good match, won't mind either way. Leaning Price of Freedom, though.
True (Silent Hill 2) vs. Letter - From the Lost Days (Silent Hill 3) - Don't like Letter at all. =/
Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) vs. STIGMATA (Mana Khemia) - Yeah, it wasn't gonna happen. Stigmata's winning this pool for me, methinks.

The Bird Chirps, I Sing (Tales of Legendia) vs. Over the Wind (Wild ARMs 4) - Tch, nothing special in either, Bird Chirps is marginally better.
Godsibb (Xenosaga 3) vs. Idola the Strange Fruits (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) - See, I think I prefer the Fanatic Viper. Still, Idola wins this match regardless.
Kimi no Kioku (Persona 3) vs. Battle Hymn of the Soul/Battle for Everyone's Souls (Persona 3) - Hmm, both are good, Kimi no Kioku is better.
Radical Dreamers - Without Taking the Jewel (Chrono Cross) vs. Twilight of the Anti-Hero (Wild ARMs XF) - Meh. Going with the one that's more my style, neither's particularly good.

FAILURE BRACKET
Hurry, Hurry! (Final Fantasy V) vs. Slam Shuffle (Final Fantasy VI) - Hurry's not bad, but I can see how it can be seen as such. Slam Shuffle... I still like. So yeah, like most of the failure bracket matches so far, I guess...

ANIME
Ana (Clannad) vs. Mezame (Mai Hime) - Mezame is more my style, but this is still an easy decision. Ana is a beautiful song, whereas Mezame is on par with and similar to average-DDS-music.
Rinne no Hate Ni (Tsukihime) vs. Jounetsu (Tokyo Underground) - Tough match. Both are brilliant, going with the one that's more my style.

Idun

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 07:05:37 PM »

WanderingMind

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 08:45:12 PM »

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 08:49:24 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Water Prison (Ys Origin) vs. The Price of Freedom (FF7: Crisis Core)- I'm still underwhelmed by price of freedom.

FAILURE BRACKET
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 08:51:55 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 03:48:13 AM »
This pool closes at midnight tomorrow!  Get your votes in now!

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 06:56:10 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Battlefield - The First Campaign (Etrian Odyssey 2) vs. Violent Storm (Baten Kaitos) - I think I like this one a bit more.
Water Prison (Ys Origin) vs. The Price of Freedom (FF7: Crisis Core) - Whereas this choice is obvious.
True (Silent Hill 2) vs. Letter - From the Lost Days (Silent Hill 3) - Atmosphere is what Silent Hill is best at, and True hits that far better.
Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) vs. STIGMATA (Mana Khemia) - This right here is the battle for this pool.  Gothic Neclord gets my nod, but, if Stigmata takes it, I'm fine with that.

The Bird Chirps, I Sing (Tales of Legendia) vs. Over the Wind (Wild ARMs 4) - Huh, here's a fairly large letdown in quality.  Well...  suppose they're on the same tier as the first 3 from Pool 3.  Either way, yeah, no real point commenting on the fodder.
Godsibb (Xenosaga 3) vs. Idola the Strange Fruits (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) - Hrm, overexposed to Idola?  Maybe, either way, still a good fight.  Winner here gets a pass next round.
Kimi no Kioku (Persona 3) vs. Battle Hymn of the Soul/Battle for Everyone's Souls (Persona 3) - Still very emotionally satisfying to listen to, and lacks the inferior guitar parts.
Radical Dreamers - Without Taking the Jewel (Chrono Cross) vs. Twilight of the Anti-Hero (Wild ARMs XF) - Also not especially close.

FAILURE BRACKET
Hurry, Hurry! (Final Fantasy V) vs. Slam Shuffle (Final Fantasy VI) - No comment.

ANIME
Ana (Clannad) vs. Mezame (Mai Hime) - Ana reminds me of Celine Dion.
Rinne no Hate Ni (Tsukihime) vs. Jounetsu (Tokyo Underground) - Another good vs. not good match.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2009, 01:39:05 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

FAILURE BRACKET

ANIME

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2009, 01:51:12 AM »

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2009, 01:56:24 PM »
Results!

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Battlefield - The First Campaign (Etrian Odyssey 2) [6] vs. Violent Storm (Baten Kaitos) [10]
Water Prison (Ys Origin) [10] vs. The Price of Freedom (FF7: Crisis Core) [6]
True (Silent Hill 2) [8] vs. Letter - From the Lost Days (Silent Hill 3) [6]
Gothic Neclord (Suikoden 2) [3] vs. STIGMATA (Mana Khemia) [13]

The Bird Chirps, I Sing (Tales of Legendia) [6] vs. Over the Wind (Wild ARMs 4) [10]
Godsibb (Xenosaga 3) [7] vs. Idola the Strange Fruits (Phantasy Star Online Episode 3) [9]
Kimi no Kioku (Persona 3) [3] vs. Battle Hymn of the Soul/Battle for Everyone's Souls (Persona 3) [13]
Radical Dreamers - Without Taking the Jewel (Chrono Cross) [11] vs. Twilight of the Anti-Hero (Wild ARMs XF) [5]

FAILURE BRACKET
Hurry, Hurry! (Final Fantasy V) [13] vs. Slam Shuffle (Final Fantasy VI) [2]

ANIME
Ana (Clannad) [3] vs. Mezame (Mai Hime) [10]
Rinne no Hate Ni (Tsukihime) [7] vs. Jounetsu (Tokyo Underground) [7, tiebreak by Ashe]