Author Topic: AGMT: R2, Pool 1  (Read 2603 times)

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: AGMT: R2, Pool 1
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 11:34:05 PM »

Cave Story Remix Project - Never Die (Cave Story) vs Best of Shape - Battle #5, Photoelectron Mix (Saga Frontier) - Not close

Sync's Art - Necrofantasia (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs Hydain - Figaro Castle (Final Fantasy 6) - Figaro sedate lounge rap needed to die in the first round.

Jildon - One Ringed Angel (Final Fantasy 7) vs Disciple of the Mix - In Mem'ry of Sir Anthony (Final Fantasy Tactics) - As did ORA.

Vurez - Basilisk Run (Ninja Gaiden) vs XL Project - Fragmented Floor -sense of 6th- (Final Fantasy VI) - This, on the other hand, is a good match.  However, if anything from the first pool deserves to champ, it's Basilisk Run.

Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia) - Not quite as apathy inducing.

The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4) vs Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - I don't really care for what was done with DMoB here. 

dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2) - Coinflipped

Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series) vs The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid) - Eh.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 12:50:05 AM »
Cave Story Remix Project - Never Die (Cave Story) vs Best of Shape - Battle #5, Photoelectron Mix (Saga Frontier) - Photoelectron is a good, catchy track...but Never Die just rocks way too much face to lose here.
Sync's Art - Necrofantasia (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs Hydain - Figaro Castle (Final Fantasy 6) - Like 'em both, won't be disappointed either way, etc.
Jildon - One Ringed Angel (Final Fantasy 7) vs Disciple of the Mix - In Mem'ry of Sir Anthony (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Awwww, that cute little joke track got a win. Isn't that just adorable. Now bend over and kiss your ass goodbye as Sir Anthony stomps a mudhole in it.
Vurez - Basilisk Run (Ninja Gaiden) vs XL Project - Fragmented Floor -sense of 6th- (Final Fantasy VI) - Mmmmm...Basilisk Run....

Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia) - I was incredibly tempted to vote for Fighting of the Spirit here, but I really dig Twilight of Ivory. Very close match.
The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4) vs Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - This one, though? Not so close.
dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2) - Neither is this one.
Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series) vs The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid) - That Metroid track is dreamy~

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 03:01:11 AM »
Gah, spaced out on doing the last pool.  Sorry.

Cave Story Remix Project - Never Die (Cave Story) vs Best of Shape - Battle #5, Photoelectron Mix (Saga Frontier) - Not close.

Sync's Art - Necrofantasia (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs Hydain - Figaro Castle (Final Fantasy 6) - Nor is this.

Jildon - One Ringed Angel (Final Fantasy 7) vs Disciple of the Mix - In Mem'ry of Sir Anthony (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Ditto.

Vurez - Basilisk Run (Ninja Gaiden) vs XL Project - Fragmented Floor -sense of 6th- (Final Fantasy VI) - Closer.

Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia) - Decent, still a clear winner.

The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4) vs Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - Don't really like Four Fiends.

dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2) - Ehh.

Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series) vs The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid) - Champ bait.

... that was quick.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 09:16:06 PM »
Cave Story Remix Project - Never Die (Cave Story) vs Best of Shape - Battle #5, Photoelectron Mix (Saga Frontier)
I think I'll second the not close for this one.

Sync's Art - Necrofantasia (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs Hydain - Figaro Castle (Final Fantasy 6)
Bad Hyadain vs. generic Touhou.  Yeah, not much of a match.

Jildon - One Ringed Angel (Final Fantasy 7) vs Disciple of the Mix - In Mem'ry of Sir Anthony (Final Fantasy Tactics)
One Ringed Angel was worth one vote, not two.

Vurez - Basilisk Run (Ninja Gaiden) vs XL Project - Fragmented Floor -sense of 6th- (Final Fantasy VI)
I like Fragmented Floor, but not that much.

Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia)
Yeah, I just don't like Twilight of Ivory.  Sadly, seems I'm alone enough on this that the track is going to be a thorn for a while.

The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4) vs Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom)
Hate that backbeat on DMoB

dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2)
May be too cluttered, but deserves not to go away voteless.

Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series) vs The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid)
I like my medlies to flow into each other.  This does not.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 04:27:30 AM »
Cave Story Remix Project - Never Die (Cave Story) vs Best of Shape - Battle #5, Photoelectron Mix (Saga Frontier)
Sync's Art - Necrofantasia (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs  Hydain - Figaro Castle (Final Fantasy 6)
Jildon - One Ringed Angel (Final Fantasy 7) vs Disciple of the Mix - In Mem'ry of Sir Anthony (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Vurez - Basilisk Run (Ninja Gaiden) vs XL Project - Fragmented Floor -sense of 6th- (Final Fantasy VI)
Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia)
The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4) vs Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom)
dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2)
Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series) vs The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid)

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 03:19:00 AM »
Cave Story Remix Project - Never Die (Cave Story) vs Best of Shape - Battle #5, Photoelectron Mix (Saga Frontier): Eh. Both are good.
Sync's Art - Necrofantasia (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs Hydain - Figaro Castle (Final Fantasy 6): The competition here, however, is atrocious.
Jildon - One Ringed Angel (Final Fantasy 7) vs Disciple of the Mix - In Mem'ry of Sir Anthony (Final Fantasy Tactics): Bye bye, joke tracks.
Vurez - Basilisk Run (Ninja Gaiden) vs XL Project - Fragmented Floor -sense of 6th- (Final Fantasy VI): The Cid does not know what the jazz is all about.
Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia): Nice mood piece beats out Another FotS Mix.
The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4) vs Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom): Never really liked what the Black Mages did with this track, but the Touhou song is so very dull.
dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2): Jo'ou versus Dr. Wily. This is tough, but...eh, I can never get tired of that MM2 song.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 05:10:16 AM »
Cave Story Remix Project - Never Die (Cave Story) vs Best of Shape - Battle #5, Photoelectron Mix (Saga Frontier) - I guess?  Neither really impresses me.
Sync's Art - Necrofantasia (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs Hydain - Figaro Castle (Final Fantasy 6)

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 06:21:45 AM »
Still don't like either.
Easy.
In Memr'y isn't THAT great, but yeah, joke tracks get one free ride.
Still not too huge on Basilisk Run, and I still like sense of 6th.
Twilight is still awesome, FotS remix is still not much of a remix.
I authentically like the first 30 seconds of Doll Maker a lot, but then it gets repetitive and meh.
Oddly I remember liking Doll Judgment before, but not really this time.
The Super Metroid piece is no great shakes?  The only flaw of the SD mix is that the transitions are kinda not really there, but that's in no way a dealbreaker.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 12:54:53 PM »
Never Die vs Battle #5, Photoelectron Mix - I like both of these, but Never Die just that bit more.
Necrofantasia vs Figaro Castle - Go away, Hyadain.
One Ringed Angel vs In Mem'ry of Sir Anthony - Failure versus boredom.
Basilisk Run vs Fragmented Floor -sense of 6th- - Less mehish.
Twilight of Ivory vs Fighting of the Spirit - Slight improvement over the last couple, but neither are special.
Battle with the Four Fiends vs Doll Maker of Buccuresti - 4F fails horribly and this version is worse than Hyadain's version.
Doll Judgement vs Wily Stage 1 - Freaking MM2 Wily 1, always showing up everywhere and never being any good. Making me vote for Toho twice in a row.
Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix vs One Girl in all the World - The transitions don't exist whatsoever, there is no question in this matter. And none of the disparate pieces are worth anything in any case.

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 06:10:27 PM »
Cave Story Remix Project - Never Die (Cave Story) vs Best of Shape - Battle #5, Photoelectron Mix (Saga Frontier): It has grown on me...slightly. Well enough for a pass against a weakish song.
Sync's Art - Necrofantasia (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs Hydain - Figaro Castle (Final Fantasy 6): Hey, Necro's better than I recalled even. Nice.
Jildon - One Ringed Angel (Final Fantasy 7) vs Disciple of the Mix - In Mem'ry of Sir Anthony (Final Fantasy Tactics): Yeeah.
Vurez - Basilisk Run (Ninja Gaiden) vs XL Project - Fragmented Floor -sense of 6th- (Final Fantasy VI): Easy.
Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia): Still seeing zero appeal in ivory.
The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4) vs Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom): I'm again left wondering why the heck anyone would do that to Doll-Maker.
dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) vs S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2): Both are middling-good...this one's less generic.
Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series) vs The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid): The prettiness.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 10:02:38 PM »
-- Not really feeling either today, though Never Die seems just a bit better.

-- Good vs. Hydain.  Get the fuck out.

-- Both of these are good.

-- Easy enough.

-- Both are solid.

-- Eh.

-- Mm, tough one.

-- Easy.

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 08:46:20 AM »
Results.

Cave Story Remix Project - Never Die (Cave Story) 8
Best of Shape - Battle #5, Photoelectron Mix (Saga Frontier) 3

Sync's Art - Necrofantasia (Perfect Cherry Blossom) 9
Hydain - Figaro Castle (Final Fantasy 6) 2

Jildon - One Ringed Angel (Final Fantasy 7) 0
Disciple of the Mix - In Mem'ry of Sir Anthony (Final Fantasy Tactics) 11

Vurez - Basilisk Run (Ninja Gaiden) 9
XL Project - Fragmented Floor -sense of 6th- (Final Fantasy VI) 2

Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) 7
Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia) 4

The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4) 7
Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom) 4

dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) 7
S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2) 4

Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series) 4
The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid) 7
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!