Author Topic: Politics 2019- Impeach the daughter-fu-  (Read 7964 times)

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
Re: Politics 2019- Impeach the daughter-fu-
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2019, 05:43:24 PM »
I think that's mostly bullshit but on the subject of boundary-pushing, Gen Xers sure do have a lot to answer for, don't we?  Mark Zuckerburg, Jack Dorsey, the worst of the tech boom, the ultimate degradation of privacy and individuality, the disgusting surveillance state that the world lives in.  That's mostly us, and we do precious little to stop it.  We'll tell our grandkids that we only used Facebook and Twitter out of necessity, that it was too big for us to do anything about, that the evil Gen Xers aren't us, don't represent us.  Do you think they'll buy that?  That'll be a bunch of #NotAllGenXers to them.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2019, 06:46:13 PM »

If it isn't obvious: I echo everything Ashley said in her post re: trying to reach a dialogue.

Trying to adhere to some supposed "notallx" makes sense when there is some reasonable semblance of hope the other side will give ground or make room to consider your views. This is decisively not the case. The generational bashing has been unequivocal and gone on forever. We got here because we have no other choice. I feel the same way about American politics after a decade of roughshod being run over by the other side and every attempt at moderation/middle groundism was flagrantly ignored or taken advantage of.

At some point you stand and fight, because it's the only recourse left to you.

EDIT: When I say the general sentiment that "men are dangerous and the main perpetrators of rape culture/misogyny/the patriarchy", my male friends don't assume I'm talking about them or singling them out or trying to make them feel bad for their gender. This is why we rightfully mock #NotAllMen. The people who understand the pertinent issues at hand that plague us and need progress know that it is a broad issue that requires broad declarations and statements for it to have actual meaningful impact. I don't need to go out of my way and hold every man's hand to reassure them that, no, you're not one of the bad ones. I really don't see how this is much of a stretch of logic for Boomers. The Boomers that understand the dynamics that exist now that make generational values so at conflict with each other don't need to be reassured that when we lambast them not to take it personally. The ones who don't get this, at this point, aren't worth the energy trying to talk about it. Because we tried for a long time. That is the point being made.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 07:02:44 PM by Laggy »
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2019, 07:56:31 PM »
I think that's mostly bullshit but on the subject of boundary-pushing, Gen Xers sure do have a lot to answer for, don't we?  Mark Zuckerburg, Jack Dorsey, the worst of the tech boom, the ultimate degradation of privacy and individuality, the disgusting surveillance state that the world lives in.  That's mostly us, and we do precious little to stop it.  We'll tell our grandkids that we only used Facebook and Twitter out of necessity, that it was too big for us to do anything about, that the evil Gen Xers aren't us, don't represent us.  Do you think they'll buy that?  That'll be a bunch of #NotAllGenXers to them.

Nah, Zuckerberg, like the vast majority of the DL, is a millennial.

In that light, some of what he has done does reflect on the quirks of millennials as a generation. There is a mercenary cynicism in everything he does, and a lot of what’s wrong with Facebook as a thing stems to its very beginnings, because Zuckerberg is basically an incel stalker who conned everyone into giving him the information.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2019, 01:27:24 AM »

memes for d a y s.
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2019, 02:17:43 PM »

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2019, 04:25:32 PM »
Ah, now that Hillary has given her blessing, it’s masks off for anti-trans liberals I see.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/11/15/virginia-should-reject-era/

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2019, 04:24:47 PM »
Are you implying that everything WaPo publishes is secretly the opinion of liberals?  Cause this guy is clearly a conservative - his other wapo piece is defending george mason naming its law school for scalia, and he's got work published in the daily caller, plus fox news speaking gigs.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2019, 05:48:20 PM »
Do I believe that WaPo editorial endorses the position “enshrining women’s rights in law is dangerous if they also support trans rights”?  Not especially.

Do I take WaPo editorial publishing said bigotry as advancing a “legitimate concerns” narrative so obviously that it’s hard to believe WaPo editorial does not believe said narrative?  Extremely yes.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2019, 01:53:05 PM »
Building on previous “Brexit is a scam by billionaires to privatize British assets” comments: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/nov/27/jeremy-corbyn-reveals-dossier-proving-nhs-up-for-sale

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile