Author Topic: Record Keeping Final Fantasy Record Keeper  (Read 148697 times)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: Record Keeping Final Fantasy Record Keeper
« Reply #3325 on: October 02, 2016, 12:06:11 AM »
I kinda like Ninja's Stitch in Time, though not sure if I like it enough to hone it to R2 (I at least have enough relevant Ninja SBs to make it a potential option, but uh a lot of those are -also- Thieves...). I considered Snowspell Strike at R2, but I'm not sure if honing it is a great idea when I have Runic for the main character who'd use it (Celes). GRANTED, it also competes with her BSB. I'm also saving crystals for Valigarmanda, but that should be well within reach by the time we get it.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: October 04, 2016, 04:30:28 AM »
I have now cleared basically most of the anniversary content except for Level???? Nemesis (name in japanese: The One Who Surpasses Everything) and that has no rewards so I'm not gonna sweat it too hard.

got enough mythril for one pull on Banner 4, got Ramza's, Zidane, and OK's SSBs. That makes for my... 4th Ramza SB? That makes him tied with Bartz for most-SBified character in my roster. Terra, sadly, is at 3rd with only 3. >_>

Cleared all the Nightmare dungeons except for the last one, and then went and cleared all the Nightmare dungeons except the last one.

Not much to say for the 6* skill guardians. Each one took me a loss to figure out the gimmick, a couple took more than two goes.

For the superdungeons confusingly called Nightmare Dungeons, I beat both FF5 and FFX's Cid Missions, and the Lv250 versions afterwards. Attempted the CM on FF7's but my FF7 relics are all too outdated to meet the challenge.

The fights were actually really fun! I couldn't have beaten them before now since in every party at least one of the relics I got during the anniversary.

FF5 3 little piggies, Cids Mission party:

Bartz (R1 Snowstorm Strike, R5 Indoor Spell), Sword->Damagex30%, OSB and BSB
Krile (R1 Vilagarmanda, R4 Meteo), Magic +20%, BSB
Exdeath (R5 Haste, R3 Chain Blizzaga), Ace Striker, Power of the Void (ST damage, Mag+30% and MDef+20%) and Neo Almagest (MT Damage, M. Blink) SSBs
Dorgan (R4 Indoor Spell, R4 Magic Breakdown), Battleforged, ATK and MAG +30% SSB
Lenna (R3 Shellga, R5 Curaja), Dualcast White, shared Cura-level medica SB.
RW: SG

All characters had fire-resistance accessories, Lenna and I think Krile blocked more than one relevant element.

Took me two uses of stamina to tweak the party. First time I tried using Y'Shtola's BSB as my RW but I did not have enough mitigation for even the instacast Curaga to keep up. Luckily, the piggies don't have any ITD so SG shines again.

The 4 rounds of mobs beforehand make a few neat tweaks to the standard boss setup. For one, Dr. Mog's and Mako Might are huuuuugely devalued compared to Battleforged and Ace Striker, since you have time to have even your mage characters waste a turn plinking to build SB. It also means that you want your heavy hitters to boost their damage in lieu of boosting SB gain. Additionally, having a hastega or Medica didn't feel as necessary as it usually does. Exdeath spent the whole buildup to the boss hasting everybody, skipping the part of the battle that makes Haste usually not feasible. Neat! As for Medica, up until the fight, if you use the defend command liberally, the trash, while way more durable than we're used to, can't really do more than scratch defending synergy characters, and if there's a lot of them they usually get wiped in 2 Meteo castings. ALSO, if you time it right, you can get SG to line up perfectly with the last attack of the 4th round, lessening the need for that early medica to wipe up the pre-mitigation damage.

Anyway, the fight itself. Standard piggie fight, if any one of them are dead for too long they'll regenerate, blah blah blah.

Started with Dorgan, then Exdeath SSBs, then Krile's and Bartz's BSBs. Krile's Enfired + Doubleboosted BSB commands chewed threw Nereid's HP, to the point where I barely attacked him with anything else except for that and her MT BSB command. Bartz unloads everything on Triton, except for his OSB, which he always hit Phobos (earth-weak) guy with, and always used it while under the buffs from the BSB. Exdeath mostly kept people hasted and MBarriered. Since I had fire resist gear, I had Dorgan alternate between breaking Nereid and Phobos since Triton could barely deal damage to me through Wall.

There was a bit of neat strategy here, in that you really didn't want all three in their Weak Phase, so I let Nereid's HP bar be the timer. I whittled him down to about 20% HP, then got the other two to just above half, saved up 3 of Bartz's OSBs, then went into hardcore damage mode. EZPZ

The 250 Version of the fight was basically the same, but no cid mission. Party was

OK (R2 Full Charge, R4 Full Breakdown), Dr. Mog's, BSB
Krile (R1 Viligarmanda, R4 Meteo), Mako Might
Rinoa (R5 Valefor, R3 Chain Blizzaga), Magic+20%
Tyro (R2 Allegro Con Moto, R4 Hi-Unfaith dance), Battleforged, BSB
Y'Shtola (R5 Rage, R5 Curaja), Ace Striker,
SG RW

The main differences here were in the lead up. 6 Trash rounds, not 4, and they're way more durable and way more damaging. For that reason, I put Mako might on Krile in order to have her use her BSB commands to blast through them. As for the fight itself, same basic strat as last time, except I used Rinoa's BSB a lot more than I used Bartz's, and only used her OSB in a final barrage against Phobos. OK saved all his full strike charges for the same race past the weak phase, and it synergizes amaaaaaazingly with his BSB commands.

That said, my mages were STILL outdamaging that combo,
And it is really all thanks to a skill called Allegro Con Moto.

That thing is awesome. Easily my favorite 6* ability, and the sole reason these days to run a Bard.

Anyway, I'll write up the Geosangeo and Gi Nattak posts later. After I wrap those up, I'll have basically finished the game and only have events to do. Weird feeling.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3327 on: October 04, 2016, 06:11:47 AM »
So I'm getting kind of bored playing two versions of the same game. Anyone want my Global account? I feel I got my money's worth out of it and it is pretty stacked with gear. 8 Bursts and about triple that in SSBs and SBs plus all the noteworthy super relics and all characters and current content cleared.

Might be nice for someone to jump in and start Global just before multiplayer hits, like Zenny or NEB or anyone who is interested. I'm gonna keep playin JP because my BF is playing it and wants me to keep playing it with him but I'm worn out having two accounts. But it seems a shame not to hand it off to someone I know.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: October 04, 2016, 02:00:55 PM »
Pull on this banner and if you get kains spear, I'll take it. Ha!
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3329 on: October 05, 2016, 12:03:24 AM »
Well there's some pulls saved up on this account, wouldn't you rather wait until Kain's actual banner?

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3330 on: October 05, 2016, 01:01:30 AM »
I would.

Was hoping you'd reply and be like, "oh. I got his ssb already."

In which case I'd cyber mug you for that account.

Ha!

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3331 on: October 05, 2016, 04:58:44 AM »
Well, since you asked. I went ahead did my last 11-pull on the banner.

So I guess it was meant to be! All the dragoon you could ever want!  Contact me on fb messenger it's faster.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: October 05, 2016, 08:35:34 AM »
...And here I thought it'd be bragging to say I got Penelo's SSB on Banner 5 on my 100-Gem draw.

CMs done for Selphie's ultimates, 5D completed, Realms completed...  Only thing left for me is Dailies.  Kinda boring now.

What do I do now?

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: October 05, 2016, 11:07:47 PM »
quit

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: October 05, 2016, 11:29:19 PM »
Post about how there is nothing to do on Reddit.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: October 06, 2016, 02:11:22 PM »
The body swap has been completed.

Time to do some spring cleaning in DJ's old carcass.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: October 06, 2016, 04:02:48 PM »
Whaled on the last Triple burst banner, got Penelo's SSB, Terra's BSB, and Ignus' SSB.  I wasted money but damn it I'm find with it!

Also Cid Mission'd Ruby Dragon.  Stupid fight, glad it's over with.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: October 06, 2016, 09:44:46 PM »
Cm ff8 mastery

This one's for you dj!

Used:
Seifer
Irvine
Selphie
Rinoa
Squall

Seifer was hitting holy weakness and removing walls.
Irving was debuffing.
Sephie healed
Rinoa was dishing ice damage like a boss
And squall was too.

Messed up and brought power breakdown instead of magic, but full break got me the medal.

Two characters died. Lost two medals.

Weeeeeeee

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3338 on: October 07, 2016, 03:28:07 AM »
FINALLY! Thanks, Scar. Glad to see you're having fun with it!

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: October 10, 2016, 07:02:52 AM »
Woo, 100-Gem gave me Reno's Light Rod.

...At least it's an FF7 Mage stick.  I've been needing that forever.

EDIT: And it came at a perfect time.  It was pretty much central to me Mastering the U++ CM.

Ultimate Midgar Zolom:
Cloud L80 - Aerora Strike R4/Lifesiphon R4 - Ace Striker - Fenrir Overdrive
Cid L65 - Blood of the Wyvern R3/Dragoon Jump R3 - Pulse Warrior - Hyper Jump
Aeris L71 - Curaja R5/Shellga R2 - Cetra's Destiny - Healing Moment
Tifa L69 - Meteor Crush R2/Piercing Strike R4 - Dr. Mog's Teachings - Burning Arrow -> Dolphin Blow
Red XIII L72 - Full Break R3/Magic Breakdown R3 - Mako Might - Lunatic High
RW: Stoneskin II

Academic.  At this point, isn't even a challenge, despite the Counter Betas flying everywhere.  Granted, I also had Fire Resist on everyone.

Ultimate + Dragon Zombie:
Cloud L80 - Firaga Strike R1/Power Break R4 - Ace Striker - Fenrir Overdrive
Cid L65 - Blood of the Wyvern R3/Dragoon Jump R3 - Pulse Warrior - Hyper Jump
Aeris L71 - Curaja R5/Shellga R2 - Cetra's Destiny - Healing Moment
Tifa L69 - Meteor Crush R2/Lifesiphon R4 - Dr. Mog's Teachings - Burning Arrow -> Dolphin Blow
Red XIII L72 - Full Break R3/Magic Breakdown R3 - Mako Might - Lunatic High
RW: Stoneskin II

A bit harder than Zolom, and I had to come back to this fight a few times to restrategize.  Still, hardest part was making sure I was timing the wall RW right.

Ultimate++ Diamond Weapon:
Vincent L70 - Drainga R3/Thundaja R4 - Vow of Vengeance
Reno L69 - Firaga R4/Dismissal R4 - Devotion - Turk Bombshell (never used)
Aeris L71 - Faith R3/Curaga R5 - Cetra's Destiny - Healing Moment (Generic Cure Medica)
Red XIII L72 - Mental Breakdown R3/Wrath R3 - Mako Might - Lunatic High
Cait Sith L66 - Curaja R5/Multi Break R2 - Knight's Charge - Healing Magic (Generic Cura + 30% MAG)
RW: Hope's Divine Judgment

So, this fight took me a bunch of resets until it went JUST right, but the physical immunity meant that Shout strategies were not attractive to me.  So, it eventually got to the point where Reno took his new stick, and used only the RW and Purification Burst...  Thinking back on it, that would've been better served on Vincent due to Momento Mori shenanigans, but I already finished it, so whatever.  Reno was doing ~25K-28K a turn, though that number was higher at the start because Mental Breakdown got to go off.  Once the Core was closed, Red was dedicated to using Wrath to keep the Hastega and Protectga up - I didn't bother with Shellga, since most of his dangerous stuff also ignored RES.  To deal with that, I just equipped a bunch of Fire Resist accessories.  Cait Sith rocked a dance since that went through the Physical immunity when the core closed.

...Kinda funny how this fight went down basically the same as Fragment Ifrit for me, just a different element and a tiny fraction of the time.  Reno also hadn't had time to master his SSB, so that's 10 points less MAG he had to work with.

Also, what really got me was how freaking rare Divine Judgment RWs are.  I had to look up three different lists online to find other people running this guy enough to where I would get to this set-up and win.

Oh, and here's a "Good News, Everyone" moment: I'm still running my Divine Judgment RW.  477 MAG after Synergy, but that's less important than the En-Holy and Purification anyway.  ttuj if anyone needs it.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 12:54:22 PM by Magic Fanatic »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: October 10, 2016, 06:04:30 PM »
Well, this set of Ultimates was actually pretty solid.

Ultimate Midgar Zolom

L80 Terra (Wrath R4/Maduin R5, Battleforged)
L80 Celes (Snowspell Strike R1/Aerora Strike R4, Dr. Mog's Teachings)
L80 Quistis (Chain Blizzaga R3/Meltdown R1, Mako Might)
L80 Cait Sith (Multibreak R3/Heathen Frolic Sarabande R4, Ace Striker)
L80 Vanille (Curaja R5/Protectga R2, Master In White)

RW: Krile's Sheepsong

So, Wrath + mage BSB makes for an actually compelling setup. Once all the stacking buffs and Burst Mode go off, Terra runs off a whopping 2.02x MAG boost, which entails utterly ridiculous damage. She was nearly breaking 30k damage with her BSB commands without hitting weakness, which says everything you kids need to know. Meltdown also meant two shots of 30k damage under weakness, which was pretty peachy. The Zolom's offense's even solid enough, but it just can't really withstand the kind of damage mages can deal with stacked Faithgas up the wazoo.

U+ Zombie Dragon

L80 Terra (Wrath R4/Firaja R4, Battleforged)
L80 Celes (Same as Midgar Zolom)
L80 Faris (Full Break R3/Magic Breakdown R4, Ace Striker)
L80 Selphie (Curaja R5/Shellga R2, Cetra's Destiny)
L80 Krile (Maduin R5/Alexander R5, Mako Might)

RW: Y'shtola's Stoneskin II

Zombie Dragon's actually fairly tricky due to his multiple Pandora's Box parting shots and, of course, trying and reviving three times before finally folding for good. The forms are individually very fragile (Chaos Fira under Sheepsong and Maria's Song scores a borderline 2HKO on ZD...), but that doesn't help all that much when he's getting a lot of guaranteed ITD damage. You want to at least hold off a bit on your damage to land both breaks before the called shots. Oh, and you can't use fire on his second form because target medal scores say so. His damage also just keeps going up as he gets killed and revived, so you likely want to time buff refreshes on earlier forms instead of zergrushing his ass.

U++ Diamond Weapon - Cid Mission

L80 Cait Sith (Heathen Frolic Sarabande R4/Multibreak R3, Ace Striker)
L80 Red XIII (Blizzaja R4/Thundaja R4, Dr. Mog's Teachings)
L80 Vincent (Alexander R5/Ixion R5, Mako Might)
L80 Reno (Meltdown R1/Firaja R4, Devotion)
L80 Aerith (Curaja R5/Shellga R2, Battleforged)

RW: Selphie's Strange Vision

Strange Vision's actually a really nice RW for Diamond Weapon if you have the mage synergy to rock it off. I had Reno cast it and Moonstone + Prayer For Home worked respectively as five-digit damage filler and backup healing to ease up on Aerith's schedule until she has the gauge to plop a Medica. Red XIII was the funny surprise, making Silver Barrette actually -useful-. Running a physical support is a bad idea given Diamond's core gimmick (it walls the next eight physical attacks and raise its defense and RES, but gives it fire and thunder weaknesses), so running him as a mage gave him more offense and also boosted his gauge building to recast Lunatic High. Vincent's Faithga was good enough in conjunction with Strange Vision's stacking goodness as well and, of course, Meltdown makes for a nice 30k damage burst damage button with that weakness to hit. Diamond deals rather absurd damage without mitigation, but it's actually doable if you can stack the likes of Toy Soldier here. Fun stuff. I had a reset because of trying to run physical Red even against the gimmick, which obviously ended poorly. Letting Diamond Weapon run that offense without breakdowns sucks ass.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 06:10:29 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: October 12, 2016, 02:21:02 AM »
It's realm lucky draw time! I came away with an evenly balanced set of SSBs - Ingus' Break Blade, a second Peacemaker, and Agrias' Defender.
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
-Ponder Stibbons

[23:02] <Veryslightlymad> CK dreams about me starring in porno?
[23:02] <CmdrKing> Pretty sure.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #3343 on: October 12, 2016, 02:53:58 AM »
Arc's Elder Wandx2, and Ramza's Iga Blade.

Could use some up-to-date FFXIII relics, but damn, can't complain about that.  Also means I can probably skip out on drawing on the FFIII banners if I want.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: October 12, 2016, 05:46:19 AM »
Agrias's Kaiser Shield
Sazh's Vega 42s
Vanille's Physician's Rod

One SSB, one of the best normal SBs in the game, and a Hastega for CM content.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3345 on: October 12, 2016, 08:14:43 AM »
Strange Vision is probably going to be your best Mage Meta RW for a while. I include her in all of my parties I know I don't need to super-optimize for because it's so cool. +30%x2 MAG bonus justifies me equipping Tyro and/or Onion Knight with ATK/MAG weapons like Vinny's Shotgun so that they can use support breakdowns and then bust out Allegro Con Moto on Tyro and OK's magic BSB command when I want them to deal damage.

Most surprisingly, OK's BSB and SSB Staff synergize amazingly when you toss Strange Vision into the mix, if you throw Indoor Spell or something on him.

It also helps that I run Y'shtola with her BSB so Selphie can act as a backup battle medic. Her with her BSB commands also fills the perfect niche use for Maraise: a skill used basically only immediately before a Medicaga and Wall renewal go off. Finally, you can raise people and they don't just die immediately!

Strange Vision is among one of my favorite relics to have because it opened up my party options so much.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: October 12, 2016, 06:55:01 PM »
I'm getting really fond of dual-stat buffs in general. Getting Maria's Song on the Opera event bust my party setup options wide open, both in terms of characters and RWs. Strange Vision is really cool, too, though it'll serve me better as a RW for now (IF I get it, though, I have a very compelling case to run both her and Y'shtola together).

Right, DU Lucky Draw. Got Snow's Paladin, Hope's Hawkeye and Desch's Sword. Nothing amazing, but all at least useful.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: October 12, 2016, 08:36:47 PM »
Drew on the lucky draw, got Hope's OSB. Welp, there's my fourth OSB and third useful FF13 relic (the other two being Raines' Coat and Vega). Cid mission may be possible with some egging and how the fight goes when I do it for mastery.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: October 13, 2016, 12:16:50 PM »
Mage Meta'd the Ultimates, when back and did the "twink the **** out of Vincent w/ Hope BSB RW" strat for the Cid Mission since I didn't see any other strategy working, and pulled it off.  On hindsight probably could have made life easier if I gave Garnet's BSB Knife to Red XIII and had him cast Thundaja after the core was closed, just to get that extra DPS in since he was useless after that., giving more breathing room, but ultimately didn't matter

Lucky Draw gave me Snow's Winged Saint, Raines' Gloves and Mustadio's Romanda Gun.  I just stopped using Mustadio after finally getting his RW and now I need to use him again?  Jerks!  Raines' Gloves gives me my first Mage Fist, and it's another Mage option that I can work with at least since Raines has variety (Vivi's SSB by contrast is still one I struggle to find use for, by contrast), and Snow's winged Saint...well, it's better than what I got on the LAST Lucky Draw (aka Wild Bear, the boobie prize of the banner outside of maybe Lightning's Corps. Uniform)
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: October 13, 2016, 02:45:45 PM »
U++ mastered and cm'd

Used the mage meta method.

Worked like a charm.

I had to run it twice because I didn't have strange vision as a roaming warrior.  1st attempt I tried clouds osb and it didn't impress. Plus I got wrecked early.

2nd one went much smoother after I found a selphie pal.

I'd like Beatrix's lightbringer, but I'm going to hold off on the next few banners.