Register

Author Topic: Disquiet (Working Title) - Currently Assumed Plot Information  (Read 6358 times)

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
Re: Disquiet (Working Title) - Currently Assumed Plot Information
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 04:31:32 AM »
Brought to you by being bored at dinner-

Preliminary voice casting for the main characters! (Clips forthcoming when I have time)

Noemi: Jennifer Lawerence
Erastus: Hugh Laurie
Mirek: J. Michael Tatum
Bart: Bruce Campbell
Katarine: Felicia Day
Eirwen: Christina Vee
Kasia: Gwendolyn Lau
Isolde: Colleen Clinkenbeard

Thank you and have a good night.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2012, 07:28:50 PM »
Hm. Brainstorming.

9th PC.

Let us go with... Dai (I need to rattle out another Welsh name or two anyway).

Dai came from a poor family living out in the boonies. He was initially sent to the Imperial Academy but, after a short time learning the arts of magic, he didn't feel right doing it. Despite his talents, he requested an opportunity to test with the Guardians. He proved to be an ideal candidate.

The work of the Guardians felt right to him. The way of Dissonance would continue improving life for people, so long as there were those willing to sacrifice for it.

Then the Betrayal came, and the Guardians betrayed the ideals that Dai held dear. Dai was intelligent, though. Knowing there would be little he could do on his own aside from die. He worked hard to sabatoge the Guardians from within. Once the Guardians were defeated, however, he lost contact with his comrades and was forced to go into hiding.

Recently, the Guardians have begun to operate again and he attempts to find a way to inform the government while not losing his own life.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 03:17:18 AM »
I totally suggest we name him Djai. Or even Djainn.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2012, 08:52:52 PM »
Sorry, haven't updated this because I've been hashing things out as well as practicing some raw writing.

Anyhow, been thinking on plot flow a bit and think it needs to be adjusted, since it follows two major plot lines (Noemi's quest to end the Disquiet, the political stuff which ends up focusing on Mirek).

So I'm sort of thinking plot needs to go like this.

Noemi decides to explore the Throne -> Recruits helps -> On the island, they discover a seal that Noemi can't break -> Deduces echo sigils exist that keep it sealed around the world -> The sigils are broken (rise of the Guardians and the second Betrayal starts about here) -> As the group prepares to head back to the Throne, they are apprehended by the government -> The Empress decides to allow it, but under government attention -> Upon returning, the Guardians reveal that they have managed to infiltrate the ranks of the government -> The Artefact is unveiled and taken by the Guardians -> A coup is performed and the Empress is slain, but the Argall family is prepared to step up as need be and "defeat" the Guardians -> The power of the Artefact is abused to secure their power -> The party opposes them to protect the Empire and reclaim the Artefact

I think the Artefact itself may need some degree of consciousness to provide insight into the past, as well as make connections to the views of the Second and the views of the Argall family, Noemi, and Erastus.

Our primary villains!

Tiercek: The leader of the Guardians, having acquired the position by reuniting the surviving Guardians in the wake of the Betrayal. He has always loathed practitioners and the art of Dissonance for creating the Disquiet and wants to see it ended forever. As the former liasion between the Guardians and the Argall family, he is able to reconnect and help them plot to finish what the Betrayal started. Despite working with them, he distrusts the Argall family and only follows them so far as it furthers his own ends.

TBN Argall: Scion of the Argall family.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 11:33:49 PM by AndrewRogue »