Author Topic: [Day 3] Candystore Mafia, formerly Generic Boring Mafia  (Read 16265 times)

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
[Day 3] Candystore Mafia, formerly Generic Boring Mafia
« on: August 12, 2009, 12:15:32 AM »
-Town Must Lynch; ties are resolved via sudden death.
-Scum Must Kill
-Serial Killers Must Kill
-Days will be 48 hours, subject to extension if desired by popular demand. Post ##Extension if you want one and if at least a third of you want it it will happen.
-Replacements will only be permitted on days one and two. Any hardcore lurkers or people who want to quit will simply be killed after that.
-Play to win
-Don't be lame
-Don't edit your posts
-If you're not sure, ask, especially if you want role clarifications.

Town (Town wins by killing all other factions, excluding any survivors.)
Doctor (May or may not be able to protect self. May or may not be able to protect the same person twice in a row.)
Cop (Sane, Insane, may or may not be guaranteed)
Roleblocker
Vigilante (Nightvig only, may be compulsive, may have limited shots)
Tracker
Watcher
Watcher/Tracker
Bomb (Kills anyone who hammers him; kills anyone attempting to kill him at night.)
Bulletproof
Vanilla
Miller (Special, may be attached to any of the above roles.)

Scum (One scum must go on the kill, they lose any powers they have that night if so. Scum can talk to each other out of the thread. Scum wins by killing everyone else, except any Survivors.)
Doctor (The scumdoc will only appear if an SK or another scumteam exists. You can't use the scumdoc to protect against your own scumkill.)
Framer
Hitman (May ignore protections of any kind if sent on the kill. May have limited uses.)
Rolecop
Roleblocker (Blocks passive roles for that night as well, i.e. bomb, bulletproof, miller)
Godfather
Vanilla

Third Party (None will exist in a game with less than 13 people in it, guaranteed.)
Serial Killer (May be bulletproof, may flip town to investigations.)
Survivor (Doesn't need to be eliminated by either side, may possess any other role.)

1. Bardiche
4. Yoshiken
6. DELTAAAAAAAAAAA
7. Laggy
9. SirAlex

Delicious Vanilla Center
2. Magetastic
5. Excal
8. Sopko

Combo Hotdog Deal
3. Tonfa the Watcher
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 12:42:03 PM by Carthrat »
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
Re: [Day 1] Generic Boring Mafia
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 12:16:10 AM »
Oh hey it's up.

##Vote: Delta

Jokevote phase over!
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 12:16:45 AM »
##Vote Delta
In on the ground floopreview edit DANGIT LAGGY

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 12:23:06 AM »
##Vote Excal

Sneaky bugger that one. Never know what cliche scheme he's got going through his head.
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 12:31:49 AM »
There is no Andy, so... ALEX!

##Vote: Alex

Bardiche

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 12:33:04 AM »
##Vote: Magetastic

Gentlemen, I present my case as follows:

We have all played among this individual, hiding behind the persona of 'Excal'. Now, we have all known him to have the uncanny ability to draw 'Vanilla Town' in each of his games. If there are twenty players and nineteen roles, Excal will be vanilla. If there are thirteen players and ten roles, Excal will be vanilla.

Therefore, from this empirical data, we can surmise that Excal will, in fact, be vanilla.

We can therefore assume that Magetastic is voting on someone who is quite obviously town, and I have no choice but to place a resounding vote on his name for justice, love, and magical girl Ghaleon.

Please do not take my argument serious. I honestly have nothing against you Magetastic. :(

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 12:39:14 AM »
##Unvote Excal

##Vote Bardiche

Truly, this villain has put too much flavor and used too big of words for such a bland game. Clearly he is trying to trick us into believing what is wrong!

No worries, Bardiche. There's no way to tell who's anything yet, anyways. I'm pretty certain these are still joke votes. I hope, anyways.

EDIT: Thanks for the tip.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 01:04:06 AM by Magetastic »
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

Bardiche

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 12:42:04 AM »
Pst: use ##unvote to unvote. :P

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 01:38:09 AM »
Votecount!

Delta (2): Alex, Laggy
Excal (0): Magetastic
SirAlex (1): Sopko
Magetastic (1): Bardiche
Bardiche (1): Magetastic

47 Hours Reamining!

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 02:15:04 AM »
Pst: don't edit posts either.

##Vote: Bardiche

Dutch. Can't be trusted.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 02:36:09 AM »
Cliche, me?  Unforgiveable!    ##Vote: Magetastic

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 08:00:04 AM »

Ah, Bardiche. Yet again your statements are faulty enough that even the old judge would pick up on them. I submit Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia into evidence. This is the very first DL game Excal played, and 'lo, even there he has a very special role indeed, which makes your case against Magetastic crumble!

And then you backpedal and say your case should not be taken seriously, after you have made a horrible false accusation against this possibly innocent man, clouding the hearts of the jury!

I say, lynch all liars. Explain yourself, DEMON, if you can.

##Vote: Bardiche
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 08:37:56 AM »
Ooo. A train is developing! Let's see where this leads!

Bard's case wouldn't be too bad as a starting point, even as a joke platform, but as Tonfa points out, he totally backpedals on it by saying it shouldn't be taken seriously. DL MAFIA IS SERIOUS BUSINESS! He's at three votes now! Let's see how he responds to pressure!

DELTA NEEDS TO POST SOMETHINGANYTHINGOGOGOGOGO

Laggy and Alex need to get back in the game.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 08:52:11 AM »
People are still in jokevote phase. I stated clearly jokevote phase was over for me, and my vote on Delta is quite serious.

I have nothing else productive to contribute until Delta responds or people prod specifically for feedback.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 08:54:33 AM »
Good prompt response! But that says nothing, Laggy, except that you made an arbitrary decision yourself and are hiding behind it.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 08:58:26 AM »
All decisions are arbitrary when you break it down like that.

I'm not really seeing what to "hide" behind here, I find that the jokevote phase of Day 1 to be nearly meaningless, not terribly productive for town and had no wish to participate in it. This discussion in fact is proving to be more productive. I am curious why you are critiquing me for that and not for the actual reason I voted Delta.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 09:06:08 AM »
It's day 1.  I have my vote on the person I currently consider most harmful to town, due to past experiences and the fact that he hasn't posted anything yet.  Kind of funny that Laggy's doing the same thing, slightly town him, slightly scum Sopko due to cheerleader style and then dragging Laggy into an argument but seriously everything is minor right now.  Need some time to develop thoughts. 

Bardiche

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 11:30:57 AM »
OHGODTHETERRIBLEPRESSUREI--wait, what, Sopko? They're jotevotes, excepting maybe Tonfa's who has a GRUDGEVOTE (oh silly woman, learn to let things go), and I see no real reason to provide any commentary whatsoever re: voting me.

Sopko, why would my case be 'not too bad, even for a joke platform'? Honestly even I myself cannot find it to be any good. >_>

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 12:25:13 PM »
Silly Bardiche, how many times do I have to say I bear no grudges, you're just halfway amusing to play with. Gonna leave the vote where it stands because I don't like the "heh it's nothing" tone regardless, jokevote or not.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 01:15:54 PM »
Votecount!

Delta (2): Alex, Laggy
Excal (0): Magetastic
SirAlex (1): Sopko
Magetastic (2): Bardiche, Excal
Bardiche (3): Magetastic, Yoshiken, Tonfa

35 Hours Reamining!

Bardiche

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 03:38:39 PM »
You're absolutely right, I should somehow formulate an eloquent defense against people making me the butt of their jokes.

Re: putting too much flavour and grand words, I'm very sorry I sometimes try to be a bit more eloquent than a bear. I mean oh darn, maybe you're even OMGUS'ing me, clearly that can be derived from this phase.

Re: being Dutch. Yes, you're absolutely right, guilty as charged. I'm Dutch. Damn, I guess that really does justify Yoshiken's vote. I should take this serious to the utmost and succumb to the pressure this brings.

Re: your joke argument is flawed. Well, uh, damn, yes, it is. How surprising. Good of you to point this out, I'm... wait, what, I should explain my joke argument? Okay... I made the argument because we're in the general jokevote phase (disregarding Laggy for a moment) and I thought it was at least fairly ridiculous and that it'd deserve the same interest as regular jokevotes based on nationality, jokevotes and names.

Now, have I given the jokevote pressure on me sufficient attention, Tonfa? Do I satisfy your lust for taking your jokes as absolute srs bsns? If you're turning your jokevote into a serious vote, please inform me so I can put on my srs face and treat this as srs bsns because at the moment I just can't imagine taking it too serious.

I'm going to suppose everyone'll find this srs as well and probably for a while discussion will revolve around me and someone will go keikaku doori, etc etc. Man, I knew I should've been concise with the jokevote.

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 04:29:31 PM »
Good good. No need to breakdown just yet though, save it for a later day for extra drama points!*

##Unvote

*only if you're scum to make finding you easier

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 04:31:41 PM »
Re: other people. Talk with us. :( Especially Delta who has not posted at all yet!

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 05:07:33 PM »
*wakes up*

It is day 1, day 1 sucks, etc.

Default instinct is to go with LAL (with Lurkers and Liars being used interchangeably there). Delta still has not posted, problematic. Forming pressuretrains on people and watching them talk is the way to go like with Bard here. I don't like how wordy his posts are, defensive or not, but that's a minor gripe, no real leaning of town or scum either way. If it isn't being made plain obvious I am taking pains to be brief and to the point.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 05:31:27 PM »
Because as far as I see it, you had no reason for voting Delta to critique. I guess in all honesty thats what I should be calling you on, since if you're seriously sticking to that at this point I'd question why you'd know he wouldn't be here for all this time, Laggy. I'm on the fence about pressing you on this, mind, because it just leads down bad roads of WIFOMyness, but I do want a reponse. You can't take credit for pressing Delta in the first post when whether or not he'd be around is a complete unknown.

My kneejerk response on Bard was that he was overreacting, but after a re-read or two I can see that he is seriously responding to the stuff put against him, just being snarky. Which doesn't help town! But it does abate my suspicion for day one.