Author Topic: Futurama 2015 Mk.1 Week 3: Perhaps this is a good week to fly  (Read 1082 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2015 Mk.1 Week 3: Perhaps this is a good week to fly
« on: February 10, 2015, 06:32:32 AM »
Godlike

Piercer of Boundries (Bravely Default) vs Primal Groudon (Pokémon Omega Ruby)
Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) vs Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)
Holly (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Heat (Digital Devil Saga 2)
T260G (SaGa Frontier) vs Claude C. Kenni (Star Ocean: The Second Story)

Heavy

Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Starmie (Pokémon) vs Ness (Earthbound)
Ceodore Harvey (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3)
Myuria Tionysus (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Sumia (Fire Emblem: Awakening)

Middle

Arche Klain (Tales of Phantasia) vs Jiro (Blue Dragon)
Sharon (Suikoden III) vs Tatjana (Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits)
Descendant of Heroes (Dragon Quest) vs Robin (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Ursula (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

Light

Mack the Knife (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Jeanne (Jeanne D'Arc)
Robert (Child of Light) vs Vivian (Eternal Poison)
Red Mage (Bravely Default) vs Randolph (Lufia: The Legend Returns)
Chiepoo (Suikoden IV) vs Aegil (Rondo of Swords)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2015 Mk.1 Week 3: Perhaps this is a good week to fly
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 06:57:21 AM »
Middle

Yellow Scarf + her own status tricks presumably.
Hero (Dragon Quest) vs Robin (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Hmm.  Hero probably goes first due to Robin's meh movement, takes a shot of Sleep.  Robin's Res is +1 on average which is okay but not amazing, but Sleep accuracy is pretty cruddy by endgame DQ1.  (Although, unlike Hurtmore, it's also available earlier when it is useful...  huh.)  Robin 3HKOs, but can 2HKO if Ignis kicks in, which it's more likely to do thanks to 2x attacks...  so, Sleep, eat damage, then heal if Ignis kicked in.  If it didn't, try Sleep again then hope Ignis doesn't kick in, otherwise heal back up, and repeat, only doing Sleep attempts when Ignis didn't fire.  Even if Sleep has real cruddy accuracy, when combined with the fact Hero has first go, this seems problematic...  the stat topic is slightly off, *enemy* Sleep there's a 50/50 chance of waking up every turn, but PC Sleep is only a 1/3 chance of waking up + 1 guaranteed turn lost.  And while it may not cancel evasion, FE precedent is asleep characters don't counter.  So Sleep landing is pretty fatal here.  Hmm...  odds of Sleep hitting over 2 attempts is ~.64, odds of at least one Ignis firing in a single Brave string is 49%.  So it is close at least.  Let Robin go first and I'd definitely vote their way!  Cursed low move range...

Light
No votes but commentary anyway!

Mack the Knife (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Jeanne (Jeanne D'Arc)
Side note: I didn't see Jeanne transforming as particularly relevant last week, since it was Jeanne 2HKOing that mattered!  (At least assuming Paula can 3HKO Jeanne.)  Anyway, same dealie here based on the stat topic, Mack sounds faster than average speed so he should just 3HKO Jeanne with magic first and win.  Or if summoning is allowed, summon -> set on fire.  No vote since no SMRPG, but seems like Mack's match.  EDIT: Never mind, Mack is apparently slower than average, so who knows.  Depends on Mack durability then & summoning & stuff.
4HKO vs. a healer, good plan.  Not even sure if Chiepoo even kills on physical + crit, and his crit rate is way too low.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 11:11:08 PM by SnowFire »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 07:34:40 AM »
Godlike

Piercer of Boundries (Bravely Default) vs Primal Groudon (Pokémon Omega Ruby): Well on the plus side the fire weakness doesn't overly matter? Yeah Primal Groudon has nothing against strong magical damage.
Holly (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Heat (Digital Devil Saga 2): Holly has double actions and natural doubles but ugh, she needs four attacks to hack through the tentacles. This isn't a horribly bad fight even so (Heat's debuffs are out due to Magic Thunder, and Holly does win the straight slugfest before tentacles are considered) but I'd be stunned if Holly can take it. EDIT: Yeah, mathing things out further, Heat should be able to win before his tentacles are destroyed a third time (Inferno Roar + Tentacles, double Agidyne + swipe). Even with doubleturns and such falling her way, Holly should only be able to get 8 attacks at most (initial two, then three every time she breaks the tentacles), and that's a bit shy of what I see as enough.
T260G (SaGa Frontier) vs Claude C. Kenni (Star Ocean: The Second Story): Magnify.

Heavy

Ceodore Harvey (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3): Blitz her out on a Haste/Awaken double.
Myuria Tionysus (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Sumia (Fire Emblem: Awakening): So Myuria's status just fails to be turn 1 against 37 evade (mathed it out, assuming 2.5% freeze per hit on Ice Needles and 7.5% on Deep Freeze, which fits my figures). Sumia can one-round Myuria back with accuracy factored in, but misses if it isn't. Alternatively, Javelin counter... Myuria can avoid it by just going straight for Deep Freeze but then she doesn't go first, and even with a faster combo on turn 2 doesn't beat out Sumia's second turn. EDIT: Actually, Deep Freeze x3 has a 73% chance to land freeze here, good enough (though it does give Sumia the first turn). So Sumia does need to one-round. Saying that she does, for now; might as well respect that accuracy somehow. I could be argued.

Middle

Ursula (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Micaiah 3HKOs, Ursula 2HKOs. Ursula doubles, Micaiah counters. This favours Micaiah. Well... actually, Ursula wants to wait for Micaiah to act, then kill her on a natural CTB double. Micaiah wants Ursula to attack first, so that she can counter, then heal off the double with her own turn and be safe from any further nonsense. So tie? Tiebreak seems to go for Micaiah, though... if we force both to attack and randomly determine who goes first (neither wants to obviously), Micaiah can still win if Corona activates on the two attacks she does get. Ursula has no corresponding chance, except Tenketsu, but she can't use that here (it's telegraphed AND is slow enough that it can't be used as part of a CTB double anyway).
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 07:10:53 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 09:24:02 AM »
Godlike

Piercer of Boundries (Bravely Default) vs Primal Groudon (Pokémon Omega Ruby) - Groudon you got beat by a bug, what are you doing go home you're drunk.

Heavy

Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Sleep to the rescue, I guess.  Peach winning this does need 83 FP (two sleepy times, five psych bombs, and a physical) and my SMRPG FP views are fairly lenient so I can understand if people vote differently here.  (actually Aima mdef may actually be poor enough that Peach would only need 4 Psych Bombs?  But Aima having nearly Ness-level HP is a thing and if she gets a turn with 50 IP well you know what happens, so erring on the side of caution there.)
Starmie (Pokémon) vs Ness (Earthbound) - So Confuse doesn't really work out that well thanks to :ebmechanics: and Gen4 Starmie isn't 2HKOing, so Ness can pretty much do whatever.

Middle

what

Light

Red Mage (Bravely Default) vs Randolph (Lufia: The Legend Returns) - Randolph can't really kill RM unless he gets a turn with 100 IP and that's really not happening given how RM plays.
Chiepoo (Suikoden IV) vs Aegil (Rondo of Swords) - Think Chiepoo only takes this on a double with a crit.  Don't think that happens soon enough.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 08:19:46 PM by Random Consonant »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 09:13:09 PM »
Godlike

Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) vs Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)- Well...well...well...well, this is like...the same dueller kind of. Either will OHKO each other, both are in a similar system where they feel similar speeds. Wait to see if anyone has any arguments.

Heavy

Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- 83 FP is so much more than I would allow.

Middle
Sharon (Suikoden III) vs Tatjana (Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits)- The one who is not a Middle.

Light
Mack the Knife (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Jeanne (Jeanne D'Arc)- Mack is slower than average. Mack would 3HKO, but Blood Sword stops that. As such, Jeanne gets 2 Blood Swords, then a Flash Strike, then transforms->two uses of Visiting Goddess, and probably gets in a 6th move and then dies (and might double once in that period given Mack's speed). Assuming no doubles, this is 2.47 PC HP. Mack's PDur saves him...if she doesn't double. But...she probably does double since he's slower than your slowest PC. Now, where the double comes really matters. She wants it on a transformed turn, to lessen the Mdef penalty. Depending, she might also eek out an extra turn. Still...with Mack's Mdef, leaning his way for now. Granted, since I see the HP curve flattened, Jeanne may do with only one Blood Sword, potentially ballooning her number of attacks. Let's see...her Mdef to me should be...80.2%. Yeah, she only needs 1 Blood Sword. So...Blood Sword, FS x 2, VG x 2. That's 2.61 PC HP. Throw in a likely double, and that's 2.94. Hmmm...yeah, this is quite close to me, I think. Going with Jeanne for now due to speed.
Robert (Child of Light) vs Vivian (Eternal Poison)- Yeah, goes first, her tricks work here.
Red Mage (Bravely Default) vs Randolph (Lufia: The Legend Returns)-...LOL.
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 10:38:51 PM »
Godlike

Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) vs Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)- More kneejerk speed respect.
T260G (SaGa Frontier) vs Claude C. Kenni (Star Ocean: The Second Story)- Defense.

Heavy

Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Ceodore Harvey (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3)

Middle

Sharon (Suikoden III) vs Tatjana (Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits)- Strong kneejerk.
Descendant of Heroes (Dragon Quest) vs Robin (Fire Emblem: Awakening)- Snowfire's analysis works for me.
Ursula (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

Light

Red Mage (Bravely Default) vs Randolph (Lufia: The Legend- Not seeing RM avoid a limit of smashy pain, ever. E: N/M Randolph worse than expected. Sleep/poison strats work well enough. What the fuck.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 10:52:18 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 02:52:57 AM »
Godlike

Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) vs Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia): In a fight with two ARPGers, we'll use Yuri's Glory as a deciding factor, no?
Holly (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Heat (Digital Devil Saga 2)

Heavy

Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars): Sleep never wears off? Guess that is that.

Middle

Arche Klain (Tales of Phantasia) vs Jiro (Blue Dragon): Jiro wants to win with physicals and healing. Arche could spam Meteor Storm and hope to kill on a double. But she'd need to do so twice. She has the ID too but that lets Jiro cast the re-rez. Though if she catches him flat-footed with that she can polish him off.

Light

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 04:25:57 PM by Pyro »

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2015, 05:58:24 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- According to the stat topic Peach's sleep works different than enemy sleep and cancels on damage?  If so Peach will be facing a 50 IP-induced death well before she can kill Aima.
e: Aima's at 1.68 HP.  She can only 3hko at basse.  She's about 100 below average Reg, and Lufia 3 defense seems subtractive but with some modifier a la dragon quest, not sure what it is.  Against Peach we'll say this causes Psych Bomb to deal equal damage to her physical.  For now I'm spotting the Lufia 3 cast their first turn of automatic IP gain (11), so Peach opening with damage would give Aima a turn one Pause Palm ( +11 for damage rounding down, +10 regen, just enough), so she wants to sleep turn one.  Sleep can never lapse, so with these assumptions that's still 4 psych bombs and a finishing physical to kill, needing two sleepy times, 68 FP total.  I'm not sure how much I ding the cast for shared FP but I don't think it's that much.
Myuria Tionysus (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Sumia (Fire Emblem: Awakening)- Well if Elfboy's voting that way.

Middle

Arche Klain (Tales of Phantasia) vs Jiro (Blue Dragon)- I think?  Arche lacks a decisive way to put him down.
Descendant of Heroes (Dragon Quest) vs Robin (Fire Emblem: Awakening)- Erdrick's Descendant going on a run amuses the shit outta me.  Granted if Ursula has a sleep blocker either opponent next week ends that but anyway.

Light

Mack the Knife (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Jeanne (Jeanne D'Arc)- No vote.
Robert (Child of Light) vs Vivian (Eternal Poison)- No vote.
Red Mage (Bravely Default) vs Randolph (Lufia: The Legend Returns)- If super's voting this way I'll trust Randolph is just boned.
Chiepoo (Suikoden IV) vs Aegil (Rondo of Swords)- No vote.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:12:07 PM by Cmdr_King »

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2015, 08:14:27 PM »
The info regarding SMRPG sleep is -false-. It does -not- function differently from enemy sleep.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2015, 08:22:49 PM »
Finally updated the stat topic to reflect this, years after it was first noted in one of these threads. <.<

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 02:09:52 PM »
Oogie Boogie (Bravely Default) vs Primal Groudon (Pokémon Omega Ruby) - Big bad bug beating big bad Groudon.
Holly (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Heat (Digital Devil Saga 2) - Yeah, Holly's physicals don't even individually OHKO a tentacle, which just makes this horrendously ugly. The fire reliance bites her ass here.
T260G (SaGa Frontier) vs Claude C. Kenni (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - Trashcan.

Starmie (Pokémon) vs Ness (Earthbound) - Not even gen 1 Starmie's particularly close to 2HKOing Ness and Confuse Ray's right out.

Descendant of Heroes (Dragon Quest) vs Robin (Fire Emblem: Awakening) - sures

Robert (Child of Light) vs Vivian (Eternal Poison) - Yeah, Robert can't really deal with Confuse and Vivian even blocks Slow to make this all the more insulting.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 09:48:19 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Arche Klain (Tales of Phantasia) vs Jiro (Blue Dragon)

Light

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2015, 10:48:50 PM »
Godlike

Piercer of Boundries (Bravely Default)- iiiii vs Primal Groudon (Pokémon Omega Ruby)
Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) vs Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)- iii
Holly (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Heat (Digital Devil Saga 2)- iii
T260G (SaGa Frontier)- iiiiiii vs Claude C. Kenni (Star Ocean: The Second Story)

Heavy

Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns)- ii vs Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- iii
Starmie (Pokémon) vs Ness (Earthbound)- iiiii
Ceodore Harvey (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)- iiii vs Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3)
Myuria Tionysus (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Sumia (Fire Emblem: Awakening)- iii

Middle

Arche Klain (Tales of Phantasia) vs Jiro (Blue Dragon)- i
Sharon (Suikoden III)- iiiiii vs Tatjana (Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits)
Descendant of Heroes (Dragon Quest)- iiii vs Robin (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Ursula (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)- ii vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- iii

Light

Mack the Knife (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs Jeanne (Jeanne D'Arc)- i
Robert (Child of Light) vs Vivian (Eternal Poison)- ii
Red Mage (Bravely Default)- iii vs Randolph (Lufia: The Legend Returns)- i
Chiepoo (Suikoden IV) vs Aegil (Rondo of Swords)- i

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2015, 01:10:32 AM »
Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars): Sleep never wears off? Guess that is that.

A bit late, but Sleep still naturally wears off. Snowfire's analysis of Toadstool needing 83 FP is still valid, I think, since Peach can only use super expensive damage here.
...into the nightfall.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2015, 01:34:08 AM »
Assuming you let Aima start with enough IP for a Pause Palm (or 50 for a turn one kill of course), meaning she has to apply sleep at all times, her minimum FP consumption would be 68.  Needs 5 attacks to kill, one can be her finishing physical, so 4x Psych Bombs for 60 FP and two applications of sleep at 4 a piece.  83 would assume she needs 6 attacks and thus a fifth Psych Bomb.  Psych bomb does 30% to average and Peach's physical 40%, so if Aima's mdef brings Psyche bomb up to 32% damage or better the 68 figure is correct, else it's 83.