imageRegister

Author Topic: Futurama 2015 Mk. 1 Week 2  (Read 1383 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2015 Mk. 1 Week 2
« on: February 02, 2015, 11:55:23 PM »
Godlike

Holly (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Mewtwo (Pokémon)
Ranger (Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift) vs Heat (Digital Devil Saga 2)
Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier)
Yveltal (Pokémon X/Y) vs Claude C. Kenni (Star Ocean: The Second Story)

Heavy

Ceodore Harvey (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria)
Maya Amano (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) vs Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3)
Myuria Tionysus (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Elena (Grandia 2)
Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the a yellow Brick Road) vs Sumia (Fire Emblem: Awakening)

Middle

Descendant of Heroes (Dragon Quest) vs Yuki (Grandia III)
Calista Arganan (The Last Story) vs Robin (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Ursula (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Empoleon (Pokémon)
Serperior (Pokémon) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

Light

Vivillion (Pokémon X/Y) vs Red Mage (Bravely Default)
Randolph (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Nara (Dragon Quest IV)
Rebecca Streisand (Wild ARMs 5) vs Chiepoo (Suikoden IV)
Aegil (Rondo of Swords) vs Gordon ( Disgaea: Hour of Darkness)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 01:21:16 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2015 Mk. 1 Week 2
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 01:02:07 AM »
Sage (Dragon Quest III) vs Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)

This match happened already last week, CK.

Hero (Dragon Quest) vs Yuki (Grandia III)
WTF.  I probably spot Yuki his shaky status immunity necklace which barely bumps him into Low Heavy but I think he still loses here against a Light/Middle borderliner?  If Yuki goes for damage, Hero heals it off with better resources.  If he goes for Flash, he'll win except the stat topic hypes HURTMORE weirdly more than I expected, and Hero should easily 2HKO with it which is an effective 3HKO by the endgame accuracy given, and Hero is faster than Yuki.  Okay then.
Uhhh.  Calista's damage probably gets around counters...  although Robin should 2HKO her here which would be enough.  Even if it's not quite enough, Calista kills too slowly here and probably gets Ignis'd out.
This came up before in Serperior vs. Nowi: even though Serperior fails forever at dealing with Resistance tanks remotely quickly, Leech Seed OP and barely keeps him afloat or something.  Although...  huh, Coil doesn't buff Special Defense, and attempting Giga Drain will just eat another Nosferatu counter, and blessed Nosferatu never runs out of charges while Serperior will eventually fall back to Struggles.  Okay, maybe Leech Seed does lose for once? Could be argued.

Light

My voting on both of these games is real shaky but this is a slaughter, Gordon runs out of resources way sooner than Aegil in trying to enforce a heal lock, then gets Laser'd.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 01:22:06 AM »
Woop, forgot I changed a match order.  That should be Dorothy vs Sumia

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 03:20:13 AM »
Godlike

Holly (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Mewtwo (Pokémon) - Durability gap at worst.  SDef buffing is kind of useless in light of Magic Thunder and the speed difference isn't big enough to make up for Holly doubleacting.
Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier) - If anything my respect for Garm is lower than elfboy's so if he sees it working out this way I'm not about to disagree.
Yveltal (Pokémon X/Y) vs Claude C. Kenni (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - Well I'm not sold on Light = Fairy but probably doesn't matter.

Heavy

Maya Amano (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) vs Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3) - uh.  Calamity Jane is bad news here and I'm not sure enough can be done to keep it from heal locking.  Likely flips if you're more lenient with persona options than I'm being here.
Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the a yellow Brick Road) vs Sumia (Fire Emblem: Awakening) - uh.  Okay, Dorothy needs to dodge one brave lance swing since Dream Land needs two attempts to land here to me, but she only has 25% evade and Sumia has above average hit rate so uh welp.

Middle

Serperior (Pokémon) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - Leaf Blade isn't particularly close to 2HKOing through Nos counters (likely requires at least 2 Coils for this to happen, Seperior does not have a 3-2 and is 3HKO'd) and Smugsnake's SDef is not special enough to hamper Nos well enough for Leech Seed to win out (though maybe if Smugsnake had a 4-3, which I'm pretty sure it doesn't).  Giga Drain meanwhile rams into 40 FE10 RES and as such fails miserably.

Light

Vivillion (Pokémon X/Y) vs Red Mage (Bravely Default) - e: nvm
Randolph (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Nara (Dragon Quest IV) - uh I hope sleep is good enough here because she has no way to avoid giving Randolph something nasty to work with to me otherwise.  Doesn't sound like it is.
Rebecca Streisand (Wild ARMs 5) vs Chiepoo (Suikoden IV) - e: ugh evade
Aegil (Rondo of Swords) vs Gordon ( Disgaea: Hour of Darkness) - Notably deeper resources here.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 09:24:43 PM by Random Consonant »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 03:24:24 AM »
Godlike

Ranger (Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift) vs Heat (Digital Devil Saga 2)- Strong kneejerk. Heat deals with ST damage well enough.
Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier)- Abstain, zero memory of Garm.

Heavy

Ceodore Harvey (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria)- Runs Ceo out of resources.

Middle

Descendant of Heroes (Dragon Quest) vs Yuki (Grandia III)- But Thou Must (Die)!

Light

Randolph (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Nara (Dragon Quest IV)- Goes second but OHKOs and isn't one rounded
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 03:44:00 AM »
Godlike
Ranger (Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift) vs Heat (Digital Devil Saga 2)
Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier)- Garm is decently durable, has either high 2HKO or low OHKO damage (depending if PWS goes off, part of it is ITE), can counter...and has Heal. It may take a while for Garm to kill. Heal isn't normally great in Godlike, but it's great against someone with long term resource issues

Heavy
Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the a yellow Brick Road) vs Sumia (Fire Emblem: Awakening)- At some point something bad is going to happen.

Light
Randolph (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Nara (Dragon Quest IV)- Gut reaction. Nara barely 2HKOs, but Randolph comes with a starting HP equip that badly outstrips anything else you can get in game...so Nara likely just misses the 2HKOs, which is not good against Randloph
Rebecca Streisand (Wild ARMs 5) vs Chiepoo (Suikoden IV)-  Chiepoo 4HKOs. Rebecca 3HKOs, but one of those miss. So Chiepoo.
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 05:30:56 AM »
Godlike

Holly (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Mewtwo (Pokémon): Mewtwo's not actually much faster, and all buffs are out due to Magic Thunder, and Holly can either 2-round or use turn-2 status. So Mewtwo pretty much needs to 2HKO... maaaybe 3HKO would be enough if he can sneak in a double but I doubt he can, and I doubt 3HKO is possible anyway.
Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier): Will doubleturn with Starlight Shower (and 2HKO with it) before running out of V-MAX time. Garm durability's not really an exact science, so I'm not bothered if someone sees her surviving ~1.44 PCHP damage, but I do not.
Yveltal (Pokémon X/Y) vs Claude C. Kenni (Star Ocean: The Second Story): Silvance completely wrecks Yveltal. Null dark, and I'm certainly inclined to see anything Fairy-weak as light-weak.

Heavy

Ceodore Harvey (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria): Haste, heal up, Awaken, 2HKO. Ceodore has just enough turns to pull this off as Alicia can heal after the first of his hasted/awakened turns, but he'll get two more before she can again.
Myuria Tionysus (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Elena (Grandia 2): Comes down to how you feel about Elena and freeze immunity. If she immunes it, then Myuria can't immune both sleep and silence and she pretty much has to. Of course, if freeze works then Elena isn't seeing a turn. Leaning Myuria since there's nothing especially freeze-like on Elena's status immunity list (I'd want to see something like stop there) but I could perhaps see a sleep=freeze equality here so I'll think about it. EDIT: Nah, sleep=freeze is too much of a stretch. There's a holistic argument about full status immunity but I'm not terribly inclined to buy it in her case (or many cases), especially given that she loses the match if she didn't have status herself.
Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the a yellow Brick Road) vs Sumia (Fire Emblem: Awakening): Dream Land then Melt Down should work just fine. Unless... well, Dream Land is down to "action 2" here and Dorothy durability is bad so actually Sumia may just one-round Dorothy first? It depends when Dorothy's actions come. And that always gives me a headache.

Middle

Calista Arganan (The Last Story) vs Robin (Fire Emblem: Awakening): Doubling headaches. Calista is slow when casting Shining but fast when casting healing? Well... yeah sure. Robin just misses one-rounding Calista before she can get a heal circle off... but she does, and heals back to full. The issue is Calista needs to put out offence at some point, and every time she does I think it's fair to say that Robin will be able to double her again? And Ignis activating is pretty much fatal. Spoiled by above average FE speed, apparently.
Ursula (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Empoleon (Pokémon): Weak to Fighting. Ursula's both 2HKOing and 3-2ing here, it's not pretty.
Serperior (Pokémon) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Serperior's pretty close to one-rounding, even... except Nosferatu. One Coil is needed to start meaningfully overpowering Nos, but he doesn't have time for that. Coil, Leaf Blade, Micaiah kills before his third turn. Serperior wishes the gen 5 speed average wasn't so high; he'd win with a 4-3, I think?

Light

Vivillion (Pokémon X/Y) vs Red Mage (Bravely Default): I don't think
Red Mage can win this without blocking sleep... although the bonus BP he'll have upon waking up means maybe he can? Quiver Dance is very problematic, since it wins a dispel race and I can't say I respect RM landing a turn 1 status through it (and whatever, sleep blocker exists at worst). So yeah, with that in the mix, sleep can be fatal. Red Mage can block that, and try to status on turn 2 then? Sure. Sleep/poison will work at some point, and I don't think Supersonic is capable of tilting things back Vivillion's way, especially with the bonus BP it grants. So Vivillion's only chance is to use Safeguard, which... kinda means it can't actually kill Red Mage ever, any further buffing gets dispelled and Supersonic/etc. just isn't that scary. Have to think Red Mage can hold out indefinitely which means his deeper resources carry the day.
Rebecca Streisand (Wild ARMs 5) vs Chiepoo (Suikoden IV): Lazy, stealing Dhyer votes.

What an awful week for Pokemon, wow.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:26:11 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 02:04:01 AM »
Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the a yellow Brick Road) vs Sumia (Fire Emblem: Awakening): Dream Land then Melt Down should work just fine. Unless... well, Dream Land is down to "action 2" here and Dorothy durability is bad so actually Sumia may just one-round Dorothy first? It depends when Dorothy's actions come. And that always gives me a headache.

I always mean to test this, but given how Scarecrow's 2nd goes after Dorothy and Dorothy's second goes after Lion, I would say that maybe -1SD per extra turn (Also, I would only count the 1st action of the last turn in the damage averages unless the speed average was prorated a little).
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 02:08:18 AM »
The game rigs PC actions to go in that order, though, I think, even when the raw speed would have it be different. I seem to recall if you do Strawman x4 his second turn is much faster than if you do Strawman-Lion-Strawman, at the very least. But yeah, it does need testing, and some fair way of reflecting it in the averages.

Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 07:30:52 AM »
Hmm, just because this conceptually interesting: thinking about Garm.

Garm's claim to higher durability than the other VP 2 bosses rests on one thing: in order to effectively attack you and not get slaughtered wholesale, you have to completely alter the tactics you use (as well as avoid the tactic that racks up the most damage). While you can maximize the damage against her, it's a good way to get murdered very quickly with massive AoE pain. As such, Garm is a special case where I would not apply the best damage methods against her. The DL average without Soul Charges is around 2K. I seem to remember that you won't have as good weapons on Garm's path, but skills/accessories should about make the difference. She has 75,000 HP, so 2Kx4x2.5 is 20,000 (so lots of durability for Garm; accessories may make the averages higher, but the bangles were like a 30% damage increase (So not truly amazing)). So yeah, guessing by the way I would calculate, Garm takes it pretty cleanly. Using the more standard calculation is a different matter, but I would also say that it badly unrepresents the threat she poses in game.
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 12:18:12 AM »
Garm takes it pretty cleanly. Using the more standard calculation is a different matter, but I would also say that it badly unrepresents the threat she poses in game.

Well, I would say that taking her durability as >2.5 greatly overrepresents it, on the other hand. I didn't find Heal as a particularly notable obstacle in-game, taking her durability as super-high makes it insane (three shots of 2PCHP healing, plus one more every 3 turns, on someone with counters = wow). Her nasty counters are reflected in the fact that she has nasty counters, and while you can say the DL doesn't fully reflect how scary they are due to being MT, the same is true of many other MT attacks (and hey this way they spoil Belial, that's something).

Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 01:14:28 AM »
This is true, but as I noted, these counters make it impossible to use your normal strategies (I guess except right at the end, so she shouldn't get full credit). I'm trying to think of a comparable scenario where another boss just has a non-defensive trick strategy that shuts down the whole system the game used (Of course, thinking on it, the way Garm works, you can't even attack with multiple people in a round, so using solo damage but still assuming 4 people attack a round is actually a technical underrating). I would think that limiting Heal probably makes more sense to me (OPB or turn usage limitation). I don't actually have a problem with this as...it's rare and I have already set precedent before it something is too rare (See: Jade). Alternately, I would not be surprised if there was an HP limit for obvious reasons. Definitely ways to keep Heal in check while still reflecting how much more durable she is effectively.
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2015, 01:50:19 AM »
Godlike

Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier) - Was the part of Garm's attack that was ITE ITD as well? Otherwise I don't really think T2 fears Garm's damage that much.

Heavy

Ceodore Harvey (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria)
Maya Amano (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) vs Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3) - I let Maya start with Maia Custom, but I'm not sure it matters...?
Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the a yellow Brick Road) vs Sumia (Fire Emblem: Awakening)

Middle

Light

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 06:30:33 AM »
Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs T260G (SaGa Frontier) - Was the part of Garm's attack that was ITE ITD as well? Otherwise I don't really think T2 fears Garm's damage that much.

40% of Garm's damage is ITD (so solid 2HKO of ITD when Soul Strike goes off). I'm not sure any of it is ITE. VP:DS just really doesn't have much evasion.
...into the nightfall.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 08:30:42 PM »
Godlike

Yveltal (Pokémon X/Y)vs Claude C. Kenni (Star Ocean: The Second Story)

Heavy

Middle

Light

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2015, 03:55:40 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 06:14:52 AM »
Godlike

Holly (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)- iiiii vs Mewtwo (Pokémon)
Ranger (Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift) vs Heat (Digital Devil Saga 2)- iiii
Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume)- ii vs T260G (SaGa Frontier)- iii
Yveltal (Pokémon X/Y) vs Claude C. Kenni (Star Ocean: The Second Story)- iiii

Heavy

Ceodore Harvey (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)- iiii vs Alicia (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria)- i
Maya Amano (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) vs Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3)- iiii
Myuria Tionysus (Star Ocean: The Last Hope)- i  vs Elena (Grandia 2)- i (late elfvote)
Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the a yellow Brick Road)- i vs Sumia (Fire Emblem: Awakening)- ii

Middle

Descendant of Heroes (Dragon Quest)- iiii vs Yuki (Grandia III)
Calista Arganan (The Last Story) vs Robin (Fire Emblem: Awakening)- iiii
Ursula (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)- iiii vs Empoleon (Pokémon)
Serperior (Pokémon) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- iiiii

Light

Vivillion (Pokémon X/Y) vs Red Mage (Bravely Default)- iiii
Randolph (Lufia: The Legend Returns)- iiii vs Nara (Dragon Quest IV)
Rebecca Streisand (Wild ARMs 5) vs Chiepoo (Suikoden IV)- iiiii
Aegil (Rondo of Swords)- iii vs Gordon ( Disgaea: Hour of Darkness)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:29:06 AM by Cmdr_King »