Author Topic: Random Questions: OCTOBER IS SCARY MONTH  (Read 3860 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Random Questions: OCTOBER IS SCARY MONTH
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2015, 10:24:53 AM »
1. Dawn of the Dead remake? I donno. I don't like horror films a ton, too violent.

2. Inception? Let's go with Inception.

3. Thunder storms. Don't like being outside at all during them.

4. Needles. (Not calling out the Ciddy here, just never been afraid of them and find the response silly)

5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST2H8FWDvEA The only really good part of those films. Just a fantastic mood piece.

6.  Donno.

7. Nicodemus and the Knights of the Blackened Denarius. Norman Daniels was a lot of fun as well.

8.  Zombies and Vampires are both staples for a reason.

9.  A ghost that could be exorcised.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
Re: Random Questions take 11043 or whatever
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2015, 12:02:29 PM »
  • What is your favorite horror film
: Alien. Glad I'm far from alone on this one.
  • Now For your favorite thriller. Cue endless arguments about the difference!
: Se7en. The original inspiration to doing another set of questions was a discussion of this film.
  • What is the most ridiculous or irrational thing you, personally, are afraid of
: Snipers. I'm irrationally terrified of being shot in the head, despite no one I hang out with owning firearms, and being statistically unlikely to be shot. Before I had anxiety medication, I used to be freaked out by cats. They could be on the ground, and they'd be nice, but if a cat got on me, it was just a fleshy bag of loose bones that felt weird and it needed to be OFF of me, like, RIGHT NOW.
  • How about the most ridiculous thing someone else that you know is afraid of. No DL Callouts.
: My roommate is afraid of white noise. And cardboard. I am not kidding.

• Is there any music that legitimately kind of freaks you out? Post samples.
: Original Shadowgate OST freaks me out to THIS DAY. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL46BF8396C28B382F
  • What is your favorite "they're not so evil" monster?
: I think the Cookie Monster is probably not secretly a serial killer.
  • What is your favorite "that is definitely evil" monster. (No real humans):
Beastmaster Xellos.
  • What is your favorite ridiculous monster TYPE? Like myth, D&D, random encounters, etc
: I always had a softspot for oozes. Not like, the Japanese style slimes, where they have a big friendly face. No. Just classics like "Ochre Jelly" or "Grey Ooze". No faces or frills. Just a pile of slime. TERRIFYING SLIME. Major props for the king of them all, the Gelatinous Cube. Just a roaming, perfectly transparent cube of murder Jell-O, complete with goodies inside, like dead adventurers, chimera bones, gold coins, or whatever.

• You are permanently "haunted" by someone's ghost. What is the least worst scenario you can think of
: If haunting doesn't have to be scary, I wouldn't mind having some of my old dogs back. If haunting DOES have to be scary, maybe someone like Carl Sagan or the like. A guy who would spend most of his time trying desperately to prove that he doesn't exist.
  • You have tragically died and get to permanently haunt anyone of your choosing. Go get 'em, tiger
: Russel Brand. After a lot of thought, I think this is objectively the correct answer. 1)He's probably used to seeing weird shit, so won't question that you're there too hard, and would largely be chill with it. 2)He probably gets up to some really crazy shit, and hey, if you're gonna be a ghost, may as well have fun.
[/list]

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2015, 10:30:25 PM »
What is your favorite horror film
Don't do favorite media.

Now For your favorite thriller. Cue endless arguments about the difference!
Still don't do favorite media.

What is the most ridiculous or irrational thing you, personally, are afraid of
Vents/air ducts. I blame watching an adaptation of Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Speckled Band, when I was 8.

How about the most ridiculous thing someone else that you know is afraid of. No DL Callouts.
Cotton balls. High school friend, who now has toured the world and hunted lionfish, is viscerally terrified of cotton balls.

Is there any music that legitimately kind of freaks you out? Post samples.
Same category as "favorite media," but the Hitchcockian subtle wrongness = unease thing works well with music, too. So: subtle, dischordant strings.

What is your favorite "they're not so evil" monster?
Androids. They don't have to be calculating, cold, and pragmatically anti-human.

What is your favorite "that is definitely evil" monster. (No real humans)
The Pale Man from Pan's Labyrinth.

What is your favorite ridiculous monster TYPE? Like myth, D&D, random encounters, etc
Flail snails.

You are permanently "haunted" by someone's ghost. What is the least worst scenario you can think of
Someone who can be quiet. Don't really care who so long as the haunting does not require my attention.

You have tragically died and get to permanently haunt anyone of your choosing. Go get 'em, tiger
I cannot imagine a more hellacious scenario than being tied to someone as a voyeur and trying to make them miseable. But then, I'm anti-social.
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Re: Random Questions take 11043 or whatever
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2015, 12:14:05 AM »
  • How about the most ridiculous thing someone else that you know is afraid of. No DL Callouts.

Did you purposefully look for someone with even more neuroses than yourself?
...into the nightfall.

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2015, 03:07:25 AM »

Did you purposefully look for someone with even more neuroses than yourself?

No, but I'm pretty sure my cousin/her boyfriend did. It would explain a lot.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2015, 07:36:37 AM »
You are scared of cardboard and soft noises?  I know someone that will be great for you.  He even explains jokes to you twice when not getting the joke was another joke.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.