Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool Finals, Pools 9-16~  (Read 2695 times)

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM Vol. 2 ~Pool Finals, Pools 9-16~
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 06:00:29 PM »

MAIN TOURNAMENT

Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV)
vs. Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI)
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Tow-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) -
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia)
EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) vs. A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song)

Terrible-Monster Attacking Crew! (Wild ARMs 5) vs. Main Theme (Orchestral) (Parasite Eve)
Into the Wilderness (Wild ARMs) vs. Promised Pain (Xenosaga 3)
Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World (Chrono Cross) vs. Bridge of Jade (May Sky) - plz go away dream of the shore kay thanks
Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII (Final Fantasy VII) vs. Song of Mana (Legend of Mana)
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 06:34:42 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI)

Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Tow-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters)

Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia)

EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) vs. A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song)

Terrible-Monster Attacking Crew! (Wild ARMs 5) vs. Main Theme (Orchestral) (Parasite Eve)

Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World (Chrono Cross) vs. Bridge of Jade (May Sky)

Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII (Final Fantasy VII) vs. Song of Mana (Legend of Mana)

ANIME
Madlax (Madlax) vs. Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21)

Aura (.hack//SIGN) vs. Salva Nos (Noir)

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 06:51:52 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI)
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Tow-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters)

Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World (Chrono Cross) vs. Bridge of Jade (May Sky)

ANIME

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 10:54:58 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 12:37:41 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) - Tough choice here. Could go either way, really.
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Tow-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) - Meh
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) - Meh
EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) vs. A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song) - Okay, finally, a match I care about. Both are pretty good. A Challenge to God isn't quite as good as the other major RSMS battle tracks, but it can definitely hold its own against most of the other tracks entered this season. Sphilia just barely edges it out, I think.

Terrible-Monster Attacking Crew! (Wild ARMs 5) vs. Main Theme (Orchestral) (Parasite Eve) - ...how did Main Theme beat Mountain of No Return?
Into the Wilderness (Wild ARMs) vs. Promised Pain (Xenosaga 3) - ...how did Promised Pain beat Cosmos?
Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World (Chrono Cross) vs. Bridge of Jade (May Sky) - ...how did Bridge of Jade beat Idola?
Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII (Final Fantasy VII) vs. Song of Mana (Legend of Mana) - ...how did Main Theme of FF7 beat Antipyretic? Jesus Christ, the Pool 13-16 results were screwy.

ANIME
Madlax (Madlax) vs. Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21) - Madlax is starting to wear out its welcome.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 12:55:41 AM »
Four Kings - Yay, one of my favourite tracks left vs. one of my least favourite.
Terrible Monster Attacking Crew - Awesome, varied boss theme vs. something I don't care for.
Into the Wilderness - lol XS3 music

I'm ambivalent on the other two I can vote on. May edit later.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 01:49:49 AM »

Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World (Chrono Cross)
vs. Bridge of Jade (May Sky)

ANIME

Aura (.hack//SIGN)
vs. Salva Nos (Noir)
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 02:24:16 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI): It's a coinflip in the case of the originals. Tiebreaking for FF4DS version.
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Tow-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters): Hype for Tow-Colored Necklace, of all the SN battle tracks? I'm somewhat baffled.
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia): Pretty simple, Sorceror probably shouldn't be this far.
EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) vs. A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song): SPHILIA is wonderfultastic and beats the weakest of RSMS Big Four, yup.

Terrible-Monster Attacking Crew! (Wild ARMs 5) vs. Main Theme (Orchestral) (Parasite Eve): Excellent match.
Into the Wilderness (Wild ARMs) vs. Promised Pain (Xenosaga 3): Mm. Cannot resist delicious violins.
Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World (Chrono Cross) vs. Bridge of Jade (May Sky): Bridge of Jade is out of its element this deep into the tournament.
Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII (Final Fantasy VII) vs. Song of Mana (Legend of Mana): Main Theme would need the orchestral version to stand a ghost of a chance here.

ANIME

Madlax (Madlax) vs. Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21): 3/4 Kajiura again? Geez. Going for a Kajiura sweep this time I guess.
Aura (.hack//SIGN) vs. Salva Nos (Noir): Aura is delightfully creepy and creates an unique atmosphere. Salva Nos is similar to a fair number of Kajiura tracks. It's still very good, but going with uniqueness here.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 06:21:37 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 11:15:37 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

Madlax (Madlax) vs. Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21): Voting against my own nom! But yeah, this is pretty much my pick for bracket champ by this point.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 05:48:31 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) - Good match. Gotta give it to Dancing Mad, though.
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Tow-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) - I have to vote for one of these? Bleh.
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) - Easy enough.
EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) vs. A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song) - ...I have to vote against one of these? ;_;

Terrible-Monster Attacking Crew! (Wild ARMs 5) vs. Main Theme (Orchestral) (Parasite Eve) - Easy enough.
Into the Wilderness (Wild ARMs) vs. Promised Pain (Xenosaga 3) - The SPLAT is strong with this one.
Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World (Chrono Cross) vs. Bridge of Jade (May Sky) - Either will get crushed by the below.
Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII (Final Fantasy VII) vs. Song of Mana (Legend of Mana) - One sided.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

WanderingMind

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 07:00:37 PM »

MAIN TOURNAMENT

Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV)
vs. Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI)

ANIME

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 07:08:37 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia)- It's... different.  I dunno, Faith kinda just goes along its way, pleasant and upbeat.  Legendary Sorceror command attention.
EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) vs. A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song)- I think.

Terrible-Monster Attacking Crew! (Wild ARMs 5) vs. Main Theme (Orchestral) (Parasite Eve)- Very hard match to judge.  Main Theme's sheer length tends to cause it to suffer from 'fades into background at points'.  So loss, right?  Well... no.  Even when it does that, it has a way of changing sections and demanding attention again.  Terrible-Monster Attacking Crew!, for it's excellent blend of energy, catchiness, and so forth, I'm finding I only like for one loop.  Maybe it's just mood?  But definitely enjoying Main Theme much more right now.
Into the Wilderness (Wild ARMs) vs. Promised Pain (Xenosaga 3)- Iconic vs alright.
Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World (Chrono Cross) vs. Bridge of Jade (May Sky)- As above.

ANIME

CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 01:54:32 AM »
Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) vs. Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) - Coinflip.
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) vs. Tow-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) - Easy.
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) vs. The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) - Legendia.  Though somewhat surprising that this piece of all of 'em went so far.
EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) vs. A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song) - Better.

Terrible-Monster Attacking Crew! (Wild ARMs 5) vs. Main Theme (Orchestral) (Parasite Eve) - Cute vs. good.
Into the Wilderness (Wild ARMs) vs. Promised Pain (Xenosaga 3) - Yeah, I'm a big fan of this one, though Wilderness is certainly good.
Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World (Chrono Cross) vs. Bridge of Jade (May Sky) - Not close.
Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII (Final Fantasy VII) vs. Song of Mana (Legend of Mana) - Another coinflip.

ANIME

Madlax (Madlax) vs. Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21) - Me voting against Kajiura?!  Destiny is awesome, though.
Aura (.hack//SIGN) vs. Salva Nos (Noir) - See Tonfa?  Aura is good anytime and keeps the listener off-balance.  Salva Nos is single-minded and relentless, which is great, but perhaps ever so slightly limiting.

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 09:25:26 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

Aura (.hack//SIGN) vs. Salva Nos (Noir) - Screw Aura.
19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 08:51:39 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 08:52:01 PM »
This pool will close tomorrow!  Get your votes in now!

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 06:28:55 AM »
Results!

MAIN TOURNAMENT

Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy IV) [11] vs. Dancing Mad 4 (Final Fantasy VI) [4]
Prisoners of Fate (Chrono Cross) [9] vs. Tow-Colored Necklace (Soul Nomad and the World Eaters) [6]
Faith is for the Transient People (Mountain of Faith) [10] vs. The Legendary Sorceror (Tales of Legendia) [4]
EXEC_SPHILIA/. (Ar Tonelico 2) [8] vs. A Challenge to God - Four Kings Battle (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song) [7]

Terrible-Monster Attacking Crew! (Wild ARMs 5) [6] vs. Main Theme (Orchestral) (Parasite Eve) [10]
Into the Wilderness (Wild ARMs) [9] vs. Promised Pain (Xenosaga 3) [6]
Dream of the Shore Bordering Another World (Chrono Cross) [8] vs. Bridge of Jade (May Sky) [6]
Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII (Final Fantasy VII) [2] vs. Song of Mana (Legend of Mana) [13]

ANIME

Madlax (Madlax) [4] vs. Destiny ~Taiyou no Hana (Black Jack 21) [7]
Aura (.hack//SIGN) [3] vs. Salva Nos (Noir) [7]