Author Topic: Bravely Second: End Layer  (Read 2108 times)

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
Bravely Second: End Layer
« on: September 15, 2018, 03:20:29 PM »
JOBS TOPIC IS BELOW

I am looking at a Bravely Second topic and wanted some input real quick:

- Does Level 75 sound good?
- Does Job Level 11 for a jobs topic sound right? You need Yokai's Awakening to reach it but it's unique to each job and once you get it you no longer need the Awakening skill.
- Is there any interest in bosses? If so, which ones and at what point? There are... issues... with bosses past a certain point where the forecast calls for excessive meteor showers.
- Is there any interest in a "Characters get the jobs they are the advertisement for" topic ala what Snowfire did for Bravely Default? This game doesn't divvy up the jobs equally so it isn't quite as clean.
- It is fairly standard to gauge the effectiveness of defensive stats against enemy offense stats in subtraction systems. In Bravely Second on Normal, this is an issue because enemy M.Atk is so pathetic as to make even default storebought equipment nearly null it out, and a little buffing results in virtual magic immunity on Normal. Some classes can even pull this off with physicals (330-350 enemy P.Atk AND magic (140 enemy M.Atk + 100 spell power assumed). Are there any thoughts on an efficient way to handle this? It really is the case that in Normal defensive buffing (or debuffing enemy Offense) is incredibly effective, and that some classes laugh off magic damage when so equipped.

Shoutout to this battle mechanics guide.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fORs07Ri92c4lUYQoLZN46hBSjs1qGnoNVI61nkCYzQ/edit

Spreadsheet below. The entries are in the Asterisks tab, a little to the bottom and right.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ec0R90CJgwSTsDvDOY1rLtVYSWQhuIXI
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 02:28:26 AM by Pyro »

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Bravely Second: End Layer
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 05:01:23 PM »
(warning: minor spoilers for this post since it talks about bosses)

First of all, yay! I've wanted to see a Bravely Second stat topic myself for a while but was too lazy to do it myself, so thanks.

75 sounds good, pretty sure I was close to that; the exact level chosen shouldn't impact much.

I'm.. a bit leery about JL11, it's so late/optional. Objectively I can't see a good reason not to allow it but I'll probably grumble if someone gets something which changes them utterly there (I forget most of the JL11 skills at the moment).

I think you overstate the issues of any lategame bosses, not the first game where PCs have extremely high potential damage (see also: virtually every Final Fantasy after 4). People can take durability how they want as usual. Denys only has one valid form that I recall so he's obvious; for most of the others I'd probably go with their last form myself but I suspect I'm not quite as hard on their durability as you are so you could also go with the C1-4 form. I'd like to see most of the new asterisk folks (not the BD cameos, I wouldn't vote on those), but in particular Denys, Janne, Nikolai, and Anne since they've got the most plot relevance.

As far as an "advertisement" jobs thread... you can do it if you want, I'd certainly say it's lower priority than the above though. Snowfire's one only ever got into rare bonus tournaments, people obviously prefer voting on the jobs individually. And if the jobs are unevenly distributed the whole concept gets a bit skeevy.

Why not use the magic damage of enemy mages who are relevant and actually consistently hurt you? I can't speak to Normal but on Hard I definitely remember e.g. final Anne's multitarget magic hurting like hell even against my high-MDef folks, so I'd scale MDef based on that if randoms aren't up to snuff. If even boss damage gets nulled out by equipment or simple debuffing, then Normal Mode is broken and you should just use Hard.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 06:53:36 PM »
This is more of a Cosmic Star Heroine comment than a Bravely Second comment, but re low enemy magic damage - yeah, see Elf.  If enemy damage is bad, then amp up the assumed incoming damage even if it requires assuming Hard mode.  I mention this since I'm definitely less sure of the Finn & Alyssa & Psybe are TOTALLY INVULNERABLE once they buff up hype in your topic there...  sure, on turn 1 vs. low-style enemies everything gets reduced to 1, but in boss fights that drag, enemies will get badass enough damage to break through and murder them, even on Heroine, and definitely on Super-Spy.

Note that even assuming a pretty badass magic attack in the Bravely Default MDef chart I made, buff'd White Mage still nearly shrugs it off, so there may yet be nigh-invulnerable hype to be had, just make 'em earn it.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 09:03:28 PM »
Normal Mode M.Atk (including enemy Spell Power) is 240, whereas Hard Mode is ~285.

Normal Mode P.Atk (including enemy spell power) is ~330, whereas Hard Mode is ~500

Something inbetween those two might work even though it'd be a bit of a bastardization. Usually we just include Normal mode stats.

In CSH, I assumed an attack that did like 40% IIRC.

The JLvl 11 abilities that matter most are...

Fencer: A significant attack buff move (1.75x P.Atk instead of the usual 1.25x)
Astrologian: A status-immunity move.
Catmancer: A 1.5x damage buff for Catmancy (questionable skill in general)
Red Mage: Double damage through Chainspell which is pretty dang significant.
Summoner: +50% 10-turn Stat buffs
Patissier: A P/M Def/Atk debuff of 25% to a target
Ninja: An MT dispel
Exorcist: Auto-Undo, basically making Exorcist impossible to kill without OHKOing...
Pirate: a 10% boost to damage against stat-debuffed targets.
Performer: 25% P/M Def buff
*K-spoiler* : A skill that makes all attacks on the field that can critical, critical. Only useful for blitzing.

Thats pretty much it. I think Red Mage, Fencer, Exorcist and Summoner benefit the most. Especially Exorcist.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 01:34:53 AM »
First, yay! Glad to see this coming.

No comment on levels because I tended to focus on moon battles and then often turned random encounters off when I felt I was getting overlevelled.

I did have L11s, but I also set out to break the game. Maybe just asterisk L11 moves/effects, and if needed, just have two different damage averages? I think I may have had two PCs with Auto-Undo.

Bosses would be cool. I would generally say the new class bosses.

For defensives, I'm a fan of at least listing what the subtractive effect is (that way users can decide how they would like to take that, whether it's applying it to a 40% average damage attack, keeping the subtractive part in tact...etc).
...into the nightfall.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 02:23:04 AM »
Bravely Second:
-Starting with individual Jobs. Bosses later.
- Level taken as 75. Individual job levels taken as 11 (Legendary). This is... somewhat debatable as it requires the Yokai skill 'Awakening' to go from 10 to 11, but doesn't require one to keep Awakening equipped once JLVL 11 is reached.
- Enemies of the final dungeon taken for the purposes of Defenses/Attack stats... Note that on Normal a lot of jobs can negate every enemy's magic with standard equipment, and some can get close to pulling it off with physicals.
Normal: 330 P.Atk, 240 M.Atk (factoring in spell power)
Best enemies in Normal: 350 P.Atk, ~280 M.Atk
Hard: 500 P.Atk, 285 M.Atk (factoring in spell power).

I included physical and magical durability based on 350 enemy P.Atk and 280 enemy M.Atk (incl spell power). I dindn't include numbers for buffs/other options. I may go back to do so at a later date, if everyone agrees with 350/280.

In general,  cast members can opt to optimize P.Def or M.Def by using the Circlet/Magus Robe or the Protector/Tricorne hat (or Armet/Dragonscale Armor for armor users). I'll list both builds, as well as a variety of alternate builds that may be interesting/valid.
As with Bravely Default, Bravely Second features a Brave/Default system where PCs can defend and store a BP with 'Default' and 'Brave' to consume BP and multi-act. The cast can also go to -4BP, just like in the original. The damage average is a 3-turn where it is assumed the cast quadra-acts on their third turn. This may be a little unfair as it renders the cast incapable of acting for 3 turns after that, but the ability to quadra-act and blitz things, along with Default/Brave being an effective action combo, kind of makes up for it.

I'll list physical and magical durabilities as percentages, where 200% is capable of taking 2x the physical damage of a standard PC before being KO'd.
Stats:
HP/MP: You know em.
STR: This + Weapon power is physical attack, used to determine physical damage.
VIT: This + equipment defense is P.Def, where (P.Atk-P.Def) x Mult is damage.
INT: This + equipment Magic attack is M.Atk, used to determine magic damage.
MND: This + equipment M.Def is total M.Def, used to reduce magic damage which goes as (M.Atk - M.Def + Spell Power)*Mult = damage
DEX: A stat used for accuracy and crit very weakly. This takes the place of STR for guns/bows.
AGI: Turn based speed. This is also used in determing how many physical Hits a PC has (1+Job Bonus + AGI/10) = Hit count
P.Atk: Physical attack. Again (P.Atk - P.Def)x #hits x Mult = damage
P.Def: As above
M.Atk: Magic attack. Again (M.Atk +Spellpower - M.Def)*Mults = damage
Crit: Critical hit rate as a %.
Aim: Hit rate for basic physicals only. Physical skills all ignore evade. Accuracy in % terms is this number - 20 (avg enemy Eva)
EVA: evade rate for physical attacks (as noted, skills in this game ignore it all around)

I included

Storebought stuff of interest

Rune Blade: 44 Atk, 15 M Atk, 9 Aim
Cross Axe: 53 Atk, 85 Aim, -3 Crit
Roncone (spear): 41 Atk, 90 Aim
Wonder Rod: 24 Atk, 25 M. Atk, 90 Aim
Hammer Mace: 40 Atk, 90 Aim
Rod of Ice: 21 Atk, 19 M.Atk, 90 Aim, +10% Ice/Water damage
Rod of Fire: 18 Atk, 17 M.Atk, 90 Aim, +10% Fire Damage
Sages Staff: 23 Atk, 90 Aim, 7 Mind
Simian Staff: 36 Atk, 90 Aim
Falcon Knife: 33 Atk, 95 Aim, 3 Crit, 5 Agi
Main-Gauche: 19 Atk, 95 Aim, 3 Crit, 20 Evade
Elven Bow: 84 Atk, 95 Aim, 25% chance to confuse
Mutsu No Kami (Katana): 42 Atk, 90 Aim, 15 Crit
Hammer Knuckles: 94 Atk, 90 Aim, 3 Crit
Flamberge (Greatsword): 49 Atk, 85 Aim,
M2348 (Gun): 88 Atk, 95 Aim

Shield:
Pentacle: 36 Def, 30 Mdef, 25 Evade

Basic Headgear (everyone has an S):
Circlet: 10 Pdef, 20 Mdef, 10 Matk
Harena Shemagh: 6 Pdef, 3 Mdef, Blindness Immunity
Tricorne: 16 Pdef, 8 Mdef, Halves Water

Heavy Helm:
Armet: 21 Pdef, 10 Mdef

Basic armor (everyone has an S):
Protector: 41 Pdef, 9 Mdef
Ninja Garb: 25 Pdef, 5 Mdef, +2 Agi
Caravan Coat: 15 Pdef, 3 Mdef, Halves Light damage
Viking Coat: 38 Pdef, 8 Mdef, Halves Water
Magus's Robe: 30 Pdef, 30 Mdef, 10 Matk, +10 Int/Mind
Flame Robe: 15 Pdef, 15 Mdef, 5 Matk, Halves fire damage

Heavy Armor:
Dragonscale Armor: 50 Pdef, 10 Mdef

Accessories:
Adamant Gauntlets: 8 Pdef, 1 Mdef
Immunable Status accessories: Ghost, Dread, Instant Death, Charm, Confuse, Paralysis, Sleep, Silence, Blind, Poison,

Averages up Top:      
HP:   5058
P.Def:   197.4
M.Def:   215.2
Agi:    60.24   
(Stdev): 12.57   
Damage:   5057.6344827586   
(KO Point): 11387 (11683 if Catnips are allowed)

Freelancer                                                               
HP:   4687   (PCHP:)   92.67%   MP:   469                                                
STR:    56   VIT:   56   INT:   76   MND:   76   DEX:   56                                    
AGI:    55   Stdev:   -0.4168258291                                                      
P.Atk:   140   #Hits:   8                                                      
P.Def:   251                                                            
M.Atk:   226   Mult:   2.875                                                      
M.Def:   226                                                            
Aim:   96   Eva%:   24                                                      
Physical Durability:   142.83%                                                            
Magical Durability:   111.14%                                                            
Base Attack Damage:   360                                                            

Equipment:   Cross Axe, Pentacle, Circlet, Magus Robe, Adamant Gauntlets                                                            

Attack:   273.6                                                            

Skills:                                                               
Examine: Show enemy stats/HP/weaknesses                                                               
Halfsies: Use an item on the whole party, 50% potency                                                               
Square One: Cancel the support effects Regen, Stop, Reraise, any that nullify status ailments, raise/lower stats, abate/nullify/enweaken elements. For everyone on the field.                                                               
Mimic: Repeat the last action with no cost in items/BP/MP/pg/HP.                                                               

Passives:                                                               
Stand Ground (2): 75% chance to survive with 1 HP any attack that would result in KO. Will not activate at 1 HP.                                                               
P. Def 20% up (1): Raise P.Def by 20% (Factored in)                                                               
Waste Not (1): Grant 50% chance to use items in battle without consuming them.                                                               
Late Bloomer (1): HP/MP/P.Atk/M.Atk/P.Def each rise by 1% for every job at Level 10 or higher                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Def Focus:   292 Pdef, 140 Mdef                                                            
2-H Weapon Damage:   676.512                                                            
2-H Weapon Mdef Focus:   182 Pdef, 178 Mdef                                                            
2-H Weapon Def Focus:   223 Pdef, 92 Mdef                                                            

3-Turn damage:   1641.6                                                            

Comments: Twink for the appropriate defense and use Halfsies X-Potion and Mimic to heal up as needed. If you give credit for Waste Not then X-Potion 1500 Healing and Mimic make for decent enough healing. No damage.                                                               

Wizard                                                               
HP:   4687   (PCHP:)   92.67%   MP:   597                                                
STR:    35   VIT:   35   INT:   96   MND:   86   DEX:   56                                    
P.Atk:   35   #Hits:   8                                                      
P.Def:   167                                                            
M.Atk:   218   Mult:   3.5                                                      
M.Def:   218                                                            
Aim:   11   Eva%:   -1                                                      
Physical Durability:   77.27%                                                            
Magical Durability:   96.80%                                                            

Equipment:   Ice Rod, Pentacle, Circlet, Magus Robe, Adamant Gauntlets                                                            

Skills:                                                               
Spirit Magic (5MP): Can use any element (Fire/Ice/Lightning/Wind/Earth/Light/Dark/Non-Elemental) as an MT spell with (10+Int) power and 1.5x Mult                                                               
Spellcraft: Use an action to modify a spell (Black, White, Time, Spirit, Summoning, Astral, Holy, Diabolism). So “Spirit Dart” would take two actions (out of a total possible 4 in a brave chain) and 2 BP instead of 1.                                                               
Dart (5MP): 1.5x Damage (3x if the base spell is MT by default) and target a single enemy. This gives the spell initiative.                                                               
Needle (10 MP): 1.5x Damage (3x if the base spell is MT) and affects one target. If there are duplicates of that target, it affects them all.                                                               
Hammer (10 MP): 2x Spell damage to one target, checks physical damage. It deals hits instead of having a (3.5x) magic multiplier (4 hits). Doesn't check evasion.                                                               
Mist (30 MP): Makes a spell trigger once on all foes or allies at the end of the turn for 3 turns (the one it is cast on, then the end of the next 2 turns). Only one Mist can be active on a group at a time... Recasting it refreshes duration to 3 turns.                                                               
Wall (10 MP): Makes a spell trigger on an attacker whenever the recipient of the wall is hit with a physical attack. [Acts as if wall recipient was casting spell]                                                               
Blast (15 MP): Makes a spell hit all enemies. If the spell is MT to start with, it does 2x damage instead.                                                               
Rain (40 MP): Modifies a spell to deal 4 ST hits at random against the enemy party, 0.6x damage per hit for ST spells, 1.2x per hit for MT spells...                                                               
Arrow (20 MP): Deals 2x damage to one target, or a slightly lower modifier to a selectable subset of enemies (down to 0.6x for 6 enemies). 4X to 1.2x if the base spell is MT                                                               
Nova (50 MP): Deals 2x damage (4x if base spell is MT) to all combatants on the field.                                                                

Abilities:                                                               
Damage Dispersion (1) : Redstribute 15% of damage taken to each surviving ally and sustain the rest. If 3 allies, they take 15% each and user takes 55%, for example                                                               
*Spellcraft (2): Allows for Spellcraft                                                               
Absorb M. Damage (1): Heals 25% of magic damage taken after the damage is done. Doesn't trigger if the damage is fatal.                                                               
Full Charge (1): Offensive spells do 1.5x Damage if at full MP (Note the game lies and says this is 2x)                                                               
Ventriloquism (3): When using any Spellcraft, apply that spellcraft to ALL spells cast by the Ventriloquist's team that round (including the Ventriloquist herself). This skill does not grant Spellcraft by itself.                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Fire Rod magic damage is -2% damage                                                               
Other elemental magic damage is -4% damage with Wonder Rod                                                               
2-rod Defenses are: 131 Pdef, 188 Mdef                                                               

3-Turn damage:                                                               
Default → Ice Rain → Ice Rainx3:   20656.944                                                            

Blitzing:                                                               
Ice-Rainx3 Blitz, 1 Rod:   16066.512                                                            
Ice Rainx3 Blitz, 2 Rod:   20432.412                                                            
Ice Dartx3 Blitz, 2-Rod:   12770.2575                                                            

Comments: Use Ventriloquism and Full Charge to get off 3 Rain spells boosted by the Ice Rod for a fair amount of damage. Or else use Dart to get off initiative damage. Outside of that... nothing but the rain blitz is pretty good.                                                               

Charioteer                                                               
HP:   5540   (PCHP:)   109.54%   MP:   341                                                
STR:    71   VIT:   66   INT:   60   MND:   65   DEX:   66                                    
AGI:    62   Stdev:   0.1398560347                                                      
P.Atk:   140   #Hits:   11                                                      
P.Def:   226                                                            
M.Atk:   221   Mult:   2.6666666667                                                      
M.Def:   221                                                            
Aim:   98   Eva%:   25                                                      
Physical Durability:   134.79%                                                            
Magical Durability:   120.23%                                                            
Base Attack Damage:   495   Base Crit:   6.00%                                                      

Equipment:   M. Def Optimized                                                            

Abilities:                                                               
Trample: Deals damage between 0.75-1.5x based on HP, 0.75x Mult at ~0 HP, 1.5x mult at ~100% HP                                                               
Weapon Toss: Toss a 1-handed bladed weapon. The weapon is regained at the end of the combat (even inbetween chain battles). Damage is 7*Weapon Power * #hits. Ignores target defense. Note the crit rate on this is based on Charioteers EQUIPPED weapons... 4 Katanas gives a 69% Crit rate.                                                               
Retrieve Weapon (8 MP): Retrieve all thrown weapons.                                                               
Wild Toss: Toss weapons at all foes, damage is 4x Weapon power*#hits... Note that it takes an instance of the weapon per enemy attacked.                                                               
Master-at-arms (8 MP): Raise arms proficiency to max for the current battle.                                                               
Wanton Destruction (1 BP): 6-16 hits of 0.25x damage... 6 hits at E rank on weapon, 16 hits with an S rank.                                                               

Passives:                                                               
P.Attack 20% Up (1): Raises P. Atk by 20%                                                                
Triple Wield (1): Able to equip a 1-H weapon in the head slot at half power.                                                               
*Born Warrior (2): Every time a standard attack is executed, Weapon proficiency goes up by 1. Dual weiding or more increases it by that much.                                                               
Quad Wield (4): Able to equip a 1-H weapon in the head and body slots at half power.                                                               
Achilles Heel (2): If an attack hits a target's species weakness it will also automatically critical. (Throw can't hit species weakness)                                                               

Note: Desirable Weapons: Katanas for +15 Crit per Katan, Main Gauches for +20 Evade, +3 Crit/weapon, Falcon Knife for +7 Agi ,+3 Crit/Knife ( Agi → More Hits → More throw dmg)                                                               

Best thrown weapon is Cross Axe for 3339 damage                                                               

Notes: 1 Weapon, P.Def Optimized: 276 Pdef (281 w/ Defender), 137 M.Def, 27 Eva                                                               
Notes: 1 Weapon, M.Def Optimized: 226 Pdef, 221 Mdef, 27 Evade                                                               
Notes: 2 Weapons, P.Def Optimized: 236 Pdef, 119 Mdef                                                               
Notes: 2 Weapons, M.Def Optimized: 206 Pdef, 161 Mdef                                                               
Notes: 3 Weapons, P.Def Optimized: 82 Pdef, 65 Mdef                                                               
Notes: 3 Weapons, M.Def Optimized: 142 Pdef, 127 Mdef                                                               
Notes: 4 Weapons: 82 Pdef, 45 Mdef                                                               
Notes: Evade Twink: 146 Pdef, 99 Mdef, 87% Evade                                                               

DL Damage:   22037.4                                                            
6 Cross Axe throws                                                               

Cross Axe Throw:   3339                                                            
Cross Axe Throw Blitz   13356                                                            
Cross Axe Throw Blitz, 1 Katana   16561.44                                                            
Cross Axe Throw Blitz, 4 Katanas   22571.64                                                            
Cross Axe Throw Blitz, 3 Katanas   20167.56                                                            
Cross Axe Throw Blitz, 4 Falcon Kn (83 Agi!)   17362.8                                                            

Comments: Quad wield gives Charioteer ridiculous stat flexibility, while Weapon Toss gives Charioteer the ability to mostly ignore her stats (besides Crit/Agi) when dealing damage. The result is a fighter who can adjust durability, speed, crit rate, and so on as needed to score a kill. Most likely some mix of Falcon Knives and Katanas to get optimium Speed/Damage. If ST counters are a concern for some reason, Wanton Destruction is classified MT and can reach 9999 damage if a knuckle (counts as 2 weapons) is used, so 20,000 damage on round 2 after Master At Arms.                                                               

Fencer                                                               
HP:   5114   (PCHP:)   101.11%   MP:   427                                                
STR:    61   VIT:   61   INT:   71   MND:   76   DEX:   66                                    
AGI:    65   Stdev:   0.3784339764                                                      
P.Atk:   186   #Hits:   12                                                      
P.Def:   221                                                            
M.Atk:   232   Mult:   2.875                                                      
M.Def:   232                                                            
Aim:   103   Eva%:   25                                                      
Physical Durability:   119.60%                                                            
Magical Durability:   136.42%                                                            
Base Attack Damage:   1036.8                                                            

Equipment:   M. Def Optimized                                                            

Abilities:                                                               
Blazing Wolf: Assumes a stance that raises P.Atk and M.Atk by 25% while in it.                                                               
Stalward Aurochs: Assumes a stance that raises P.Def and M.Def by 25% while in it.                                                               
Wolf Fang (5MP): If in Wolf stance, strke a single enemy for 1.3x damage, and transition to Aurochs stance.                                                               
Goring Aurochs (10MP): If in Aurochs stance, strike a single enemy for 1.5x damage and transition to Wolf Stance.                                                               
Soaring Falcon: Assume the falcon stance, where speed is increased by 50%.                                                               
Falcon Claw (1 BP): If in Falcon stance, do 4 strikes of 0.8x damage at random to enemy team.                                                               
Bloody Wolf: Assumes the Wolf stance, AND gives +50% P.Atk (bringing P.Atk up to +75%!) [77.3% boost to damage compared to just Wolf Stance's +25%]                                                               

Passives:                                                               
Stampede (1): When in Aurochs stance, have a 75% chance of countering a single-target physical with an ITE 1x counter.                                                               
*Muscle Memory (1): Effects of any stance will persist for 10 turns after leaving it.                                                               
Eye of the Wolf (1): Start battle in Wolf Stance. Does not take effect after the first battle in a chain. (Assumed in P.Atk)                                                               
Sword Lore (1): Gives an “S” rank in swords.                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Pdef Optimized Aurochs Stance: 318 Pdef, 182 Mdef                                                                
Mdef Optimized Auroch stance: 276 Def, 290 Mdef                                                               
An 'S' in Knives allows for +10 Agi, but 84% damage in Bloody Wolf                                                               
Two Falcon Knives gives +20 Agi and 1% more damage in Bloody Wolf, but either 157Pdef/178Mdef, or 191Pdef/90Mdef                                                               

3-Turn damage:   12674                                                            
Bloody Wolf, Wolf Fang,  Goring Aurochs → WF → GA → WF                                                               

Blitzing:                                                               
Turn 1: BW/WF/GA/WF   7545.312                                                            
Turn 2: BW, WF/GA/WF/GA   10305.792                                                            

Comments: Can get good defensive stats through Aurochs stance, and can hurt things well enough to take advantage of her own excellent durability.                                                               

Bishop                                                               
STR:    56   VIT:   40   INT:   86   MND:   91   DEX:   56                                    
P.Atk:   122   #Hits:   9                                                      
P.Def:   172                                                            
M.Atk:   267   Mult:   3.1428571429                                                      
M.Def:   267                                                            
Aim:   101   Eva%:   24                                                      
Physical Durability:   79.44%                                                            
Magical Durability:   461.64%                                                            
Base Attack Damage:   259.2                                                            

Equipment:   Simian Staff, Pentacle, Circlet, Magus Robe, Adamant Gauntlets                                                            

Attack:   209.952                                                            

Abilities:                                                               
Heal (5MP): Restores 30% HP to target                                                               
Antidote (4MP): Cures poison                                                               
Open Eyes (4MP): Cures Blind                                                               
Holy Night (8MP): Target an ally, that ally regains 30% of max HP after any attacks sustained while Defaulting. Lasts 10 turns.                                                               
Blessing (16 MP): Revive ally with 15% HP                                                               
Vivify (16 MP): Restore 50% of target HP.                                                               
Benevolence (4 MP): Transfer 20% of max MP (capped at 100 MP) to a target.                                                               
Innocence: Cures one target of Poison/Blindness/Silence/Sleep/Paralysis/Dread/Berserk/Confusion/Charm.                                                               
Benediction (24MP): Target recovers 100% Of max MP.                                                               
Ressurect (32 MP): Revives target with full HP.                                                               
Sacrifice (44 MP): KO self to deal a magical light attack on foes (150 Power, 5x Mult) [~2545 damage with Mdef setup]                                                               
Calm (1BP): Triggers at start of turn. For that turn, all HPMP/BP damage will be reduced to 0. Usable while silenced. Status effects do take place.                                                               
Fate (48MP): Make an ally fall in love with caster. In-Love unit will copy whatever action caster takes, and take whatever damage caster takes. They can not take actions themselves.                                                               

Passives:                                                                
M.Def 20% Up (1): Raise Mdef by 20%                                                               
*Good Measure (2): Cast a spell twice in a row and it will act as one spell with a 2.5x Mult.                                                               
Staff Lore (1): Gives an “S” in staves                                                               
Brevity (3): 50% of the time, a spell will get the “Good Measure” bonus (2.5x mult) even though it is cast by itself. (If two spells cast in a row, Brevity is checked first before Good Measure triggers)                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Def-Optimized:   206 Pdef, 164 Mdef                                                            
Hammer Knuckle 2-H weapon:   393 damage physicals                                                            
Hammer Knuckle, Mdef Optimized:   136 Pdef, 231 Mdef                                                            
Hammer Knuckle, Def Optimized   170 Pdef, 128 Mdef                                                            

Comments: Hopes she fights someone reliant on magic. There is a lot of healing (24 shots of full, more if partial) but the damage is pitiful. Too bad Koing a foe with Sacrifice doesn't work to win a battle.                                                               

Astrologian                                                               
STR:    51   VIT:   45   INT:   86   MND:   86   DEX:   56                                    
AGI:    45   Stdev:   -1.2120856345                                                      
P.Atk:   131   #Hits:   7                                                      
P.Def:   177                                                            
Physical Durability:   81.74%                                                            
Base Attack Damage:   258.3                                                            

Equipment:   Hammer Mace, Pentacle, Circlet, Magus Robes, Adamant Gauntlet                                                            

Physical Whack: 209                                                               
+100% P.Atk Whack: 877                                                               

Abilities:                                                               
Physical Boon (6MP): Increase P.Atk by 30% for 4 (8) turns                                                               
Mystic Boon (6MP): Increase M.Atk by 30% for 4 (8) turns                                                               
Evade Boon (6 MP): Raise evade rate by 30% for 4 (8) turns [That's a multiplier to base evade rate]                                                               
Elemental Ward (3 MP): Halve a selected element for 4 (8) turns.                                                               
Speed Boon (12 MP): Raise speed by 30% for 4 (8) turns.                                                               
Magic Mirror: Errect a magic reflecting barrier that reflects magic Iincluding astral magic!) for 4 (8) turns.                                                               
Physical Ward (8 MP): Raise P.Def by 30% for 4 (8) turns.                                                               
Mystic Ward (8 MP): Raise M.Def by 30% for 4 (8) turns.                                                               
Lucky Day (5 MP): Increase success rates for moves that may fail, as well as status moves (note, doesn't improve odds of an ability TRIGGERING)                                                               
Elemental Mirror (12 MP): Reflects elemental physicals of a selected element for 4 (8) turns.                                                               
Elemental Boon (24 MP): Increases damage done with an element by 50%. for 5 (10) turns                                                               
Status Barrier (48MP): Protects single target from all status attacks for 4 (8) turns.                                                               

Passives:                                                               
Precognition (1): Prevent foes from gaining first-strike initiative or a Brave Attack                                                               
*Prescience (1): Buffing spells/abilities have initiative.                                                               
Prolong Support (1): Double duration of stat-raising effects received by user AND allies, whether cast by this user or another                                                               
Limit Breaker (1): Raise max stat boost values from 150% to 200% for entire party, no matter where the buffs come from.                                                               

Physical: 209 (with accuracy factored in) [+199/casting of physical Boon, 877 at +100%]                                                               

Notes: Optimized for Pdef: 211 Pdef, 132 Mdef.                                                               

Comments: Open with four initiative defense buffs (3x def buffs, 1x Mdef) , then follow it up with offensive and go to town, refreshing once every 10 turns. The defensive buffing is good enough to wall enemy damage on Normal mode.                                                               

Catmancer                                                               
HP:   5624.4   (PCHP:)   111.21%   MP:   555                                                
STR:    66   VIT:   56   INT:   86   MND:   76   DEX:   45                                    
P.Atk:   172   #Hits:   11                                                      
P.Def:   216                                                            
M.Atk:   232   Mult:   3.1428571429                                                      
M.Def:   232                                                            
Aim:   94   Eva%:   25                                                      
Physical Durability:   126.63%                                                            
Magical Durability:   150.03%                                                            
Base Attack Damage:   811.8                                                            

Equipment:   Cross Axe, Pentacle, Circlet, Magus Robe, Adamant Gauntlets                                                            

Abilities:                                                               
Catnap: 50% chance to put all foes to sleep.                                                               
Dig: Get a random (depending on area) catmancy item                                                               
Mislead: Reduce chance of being targeted to the lowest level possible (Only useful in a team)                                                               
Purrrfect Stance (8 MP): Maxes out P.Def and M.Def for 10 turns (+50% to both)                                                               
Meow to the Max (22MP): Increases damage done with Catmancy and Cat Mastery by 50% for 10 turns.                                                               

Catmancy:                                                               
Blood Leech (Beast Flesh): Deals 1x damage to target and absorbs it as HP.                                                               
Spirit Leech (Roc Filet): Deals 0.1x damage as MP damage and absorbs it.                                                                
Chomp (Beast Flesh): 50% chance to reduce target HP to 1 (Doesn't do more than 9999)                                                               
Perforator (Cat Feather): Deals 8 hits of 0.15x damage (1.2x total). Reduces target Def by 25% for 4 turns                                                               
Mass Attack (Roc Filet): User and all allies with 20% HP or less perform an basic attack on a target. They can still act normally.                                                               
Wing Scales (Leviathin Sashimi): A 0.5x physical attack with a 75% chance to confuse target                                                               
White Wind (Cat Feather): Restores all allies' HP by an amount equal to their current HP.                                                               
Panzerlied (Dragon Steak): Increase all allies' P.Atk by 25% for 4 turns.                                                               
Book Burning (Rare Cheese): Deal fire damage with a 50% Silence effect to all enemies.                                                               
Spray (Dried Remora): Does a 1x Water physical to one target. Pierces Default.                                                               
Sonic Boom (Monoceros Flakes): Does a 1x physical attack that ignores Defense                                                               
Rock Storm (Tender Victuals): Does a 1x earth physical attack to all enemies.                                                               
Stardust (Catnip): Attack all enemies with a Light magic spell (100 power, 3x mult) [1103 damage]                                                               

Cat Mastery:                                                               
Vigor Tonic (Beast Flesh/Catnip): Increase an ally's BP by 1.                                                               
R.I.P. (Roc Fillet/Catnip): Instant Death to all allies and foes with Sleep status                                                               
Slugger (Leviathin Sashimi/Catnip): 50% chance to eject target enemy. Does not give rewards.                                                               
Death Spiral (Cat Feather/Catnip): Deal 4 hits of 0.4x phys damage to random foes, each hit having a 50% chance to inflict ID                                                               
Battle Royale (Dragon Steak/Catnip): Inflicts Berserk on all allies and enemies with a 75% rate.                                                               
Dragonlord Strike (Rare Cheese/Catnip): Deals a 4x physical attack to one foe.                                                               
Bone Crush (Dried Remora/Catnip): Attack all enemies for damage equal to their missing HP (MHP – CHP). Doesn't work on bosses.                                                               

Passives:                                                               
Attack Item Amp (1): Increases damage dealt by attack items by 50%                                                               
*Learning (1): Enables learning catmancy/Cat mastery moves                                                               
Whisker Sense (1): Increases chance of First Strike or Brave Attack by 5%                                                               
HP 20% Up (1): Increases max HP by 20%                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Cross Axe, Mdef/overall optimized: 811 base damage, 216 Pdef, 232 Mdef (324 Pdef, 348 Mdef after buffing)                                                               
Cross Axe, Pdef Optimized: 811 base damage, 266 Pdef, 164 Mdef (399 Pdef, 246 Mdef after buffing)                                                               
Hammer Knuckle, Mdef optimized: 1623 (2x) base damage, 152 Pdef, 158 Mdef (228Pdef, 237 Mdef after buffing)                                                               
Hammer Knuckle, Pdef optimized: 1623  (2x) base damage, 199 Pdef, 92 Mdef (298 Pdef, 138 Mdef after buffing)                                                               

3-Turn damage:                                                               
With Catnips:                                                               
Axe MttM → Dragonlord Strikex5:   24354                                                            
Fist MttM → Dragonlord Strikex5:   48708                                                            
Without Catnips:                                                               
Fist MttM → Sonic Boomx5:   12771                                                            
Axe MttM → Sonic Boomx5:   18859.5                                                            

Ideal Blitz:                                                               
With Catnips:                                                               
Fist MttM → Dragonlord Strikex3:   29214                                                            
Axe MttM → Dragonlord Strikex3:   14598                                                            

Without Catnips:                                                               
Fist MttM → Sonic Boomx3:   11313                                                            
Axe MttM → Sonic Boomx3:   7659                                                            

Comments: How good she is depends on what you allow! Well, except for the “ Use Purrfect Stance, become nearly invincible” bit. That's pretty hard to overcome. Otherwise there is status, Instant Death, ITD, good damage, Silence, Confusion, healing, HP-1... She's the cat's meow.                                                               

Red Mage                                                               
HP:   5114   (PCHP:)   101.11%   MP:   555                                                
STR:    56   VIT:   51   INT:   86   MND:   86   DEX:   56                                    
AGI:    60   Stdev:   -0.0191959263                                                      
P.Atk:   99   #Hits:   11                                                      
P.Def:   197                                                            
M.Atk:   230   Mult:   3.5                                                      
M.Def:   230                                                            
Aim:   101   Eva%:   25                                                      
Physical Durability:   100.84%                                                            
Magical Durability:   130.96%                                                            
Base Attack Damage:   89.1                                                            

Equipment:   Wonder Rod, Pentacle, Circlet, Magus Robe, Adamant Gauntlets                                                            

Abilities:                                                               
Cure (10MP): Recover 10xMnd HP.                                                               
Aero (10MP): Wind damage, 20 Power, 3x Mult                                                               
Esuna (18MP): Cures Poison, Blindness, Silence, Sleep, Paralyze, dread, berserk, confuse, and charm.                                                               
Raise (18MP): Revives with minimal HP                                                               
Cura (20MP): Restore 20*Mind HP                                                               
Aerora (25MP): 1637 Wind damage,  (55 Power, 4x mult)                                                                
Curada (30MP): Heals 2580 (30xMind) HP                                                               
Esunaga (36MP): Casts Esuna on all (can't be reflected                                                               
Fire (10MP):  Fire damage, 20 power, 3x mult                                                               
Blizzard (10MP):  Ice damage, 20 power, 3x mult                                                               
Thunder (10MP):  Thunder damage, 20 power, 3x mult                                                               
Aspir (1MP): 39 MP drain, 50 power, 0.1x mult                                                               
Fira (25MP): 1433 fire damage, 55 power, 3.5x mult                                                               
Blizzara (25MP): 1433 Ice damage, 55 power, 3.5x mult                                                               
Thundara (25MP): 1433 Thunder damage, 55 power, 3.5x mult                                                               
Drain: Absorbs 945 HP, 25 power, 3x mult                                                               

Passives:                                                               
Turn Tables (1): Gain a BP when an attack is evaded                                                               
BP recovery (1): Gain a BP when inflicted with a status ailment                                                               
*Revenge (2): Have a 25% chance to gain 1 BP when taking damage (Not poison/freeze)                                                               
Revival (1): Have a 75% chance to raise BP by 2 when HP falls below 20%                                                               
MP Free In a Pinch (1): MP costs are zero when HP is < 20% [This does apply to the second healing spell in a chainspell]                                                               
In the Red (1): Gain a damage bonus when at negative BP (-1 = +20%, +10% for each BP lower than that)                                                               
Chainspell (3): Spells will trigger twice (and cost 2x MP)                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Two Rods:   34.6% more magic damage, 147 Pdef, 188 Mdef                                                             
Def-Optimized:   233 Pdef, 144 Mdef, 54% magic damage                                                            
Rune-Blade:   361 physical damage, 86% magic damage                                                            

3-turn Damage: Aerorax6 (x12)   22604.4                                                            

Blitzing:                                                               
Aerorax4 (x8):   16052.4                                                            
Fira/Blizzara/Thundarax4 (x8):   14045.85                                                            
Two-Rods Aerorax4 (x8):   21609                                                            
Two-Rods Fira/Blizzara/Thundara x4 (x8):   18907.875                                                            

Comments: Unlike the Bravely Default incarnation, this incarnation of Red mage actually has damage courtesy of Chainspell.... But the healing is MP intensive and no status. Still the damage blitz is quite good!                                                               

Thief                                                               
STR:    51   VIT:   56   INT:   55   MND:   55   DEX:   81                                    
AGI:    95   Stdev:   2.7642133927                                                      
P.Atk:   84   #Hits:   16                                                      
P.Def:   152                                                            
M.Atk:   157   Mult:   2.875                                                      
M.Def:   157                                                            
Aim:   111   Eva%:   1                                                      
Physical Durability:   71.42%                                                            
Magical Durability:   48.79%                                                            

Equipment:   Falcon Knifex2, Circlet, Magus Robe, Adamant Gauntlets                                                            

Abilities:                                                               
Steal: 50% chance to steal an item (2 with Rob Blind)                                                               
Steal Breath (8MP): 1x physical damage that is absorbed as HP.                                                               
Mug (16MP): 1x physical damage that also steals an item 50% of the time (2 items)                                                               
Steal Mind: 0.1x physical MP damage, absorbed as MP.                                                               
Godspeed Strike (1BP): 8208 ITD damage. 5X physical attack using Speed instead of P.Atk. ITD.                                                               
Shake Down (1BP): Steal an item from all enemies with a 50% chance                                                               
Pirnce of thieves: Steal a rare item (typically unstealable) with a 25% chance.                                                               

Passives:                                                               
Speed 20% Up (1): RaisesSpeed by 20% (note this has no effect on Agility outright, so doesn't affect Hit Count but DOES impact Godspeed Strike and turn-order speed)                                                               
Dagger Lore (1): Gives an “S” in daggers                                                               
Big Bad Burglar (1): Raise P.Atk by 25% for 4 turns when stealing or draining.                                                               
*Rob Blind (2): Get 2 items instead of one with a successful steal                                                               

Notes:                                                               
With a Pentacle shield:   -10 Agi, 188 Pdef, 187 Mdef, -16% Godspeed Strike damage.                                                            
With a Bow:   1789 base physical damage (2520 after 1 Burgle&Buff, 3250 after 2), -30% Godspeed Strike damage                                                            
Bow, Mdef optimized:   152 Pdef, 157 Mdef                                                            
Bow, Def Optimized:   186 Pdef, 71 Mdef                                                            

3-Turn damage:   24624                                                            
Default->Default-> Godspeed Strike x3                                                               
Blitz: 2x Godspeed Strike:   16416                                                            

Comments: Thief has two gameplans: Kill with God Speed Strikex2 or rely on bow-based parasitic healing and insane Turn-based speed to stay alive...                                                                

Swordmaster                                                               
STR:    66   VIT:   66   INT:   60   MND:   65   DEX:   66                                    
P.Atk:   150   #Hits:   10                                                      
M.Atk:   221   Mult:   2.875                                                      
M.Def:   221                                                            
Aim:   103   Eva%:   24                                                      
Physical Durability:   124.42%                                                            
Magical Durability:   110.98%                                                            
Base Attack Damage:   540   Crit%:   24                                                      

Equipment:   Mutsu-no-Kami, Pentacle, Circlet, Magus Robe, Adamant                                                             

Attack:   448.2                                                            

Abilities:                                                               
Nothing Ventured: If hit by a physical attack the turn this is used, damage is halved and a counter of 2x physical damage is triggered.. Greatly increases chances of being targetted                                                               
Squeaky Wheel (1BP): Lowers target BP by 1. For bosses, success rate is just 30%                                                               
Before Swine: If hit by a magic attack, halve damage sustained and counterattack for a 3x damage physical. Greatly increases chances of being targetted                                                               
The Worm Turns: If hit by an attack while HP is below 20%, counter for a 7.5x damage attack. Greatly increases chances of being targetted                                                               
Free Lunch: Spells cast will consume no MP for two turns.                                                               
Eye for an Eye: Whenever an ally takes damage, counterattack with a 4x damage physical attack.                                                               

Passives:                                                               
Katana Lore (1): Gives an “S” in Katanas                                                               
Multitask (1): Gives a 33% chance to attack again with a basic physical when performing a basic physical                                                               
*Counter (2): Gives a 60% chance to counter any damage with a basic attack.                                                               
Counter Amp (1): Raise damage dealt by counters by 50%                                                               
Redoubled Effort (1): Raises damage the higher BP is (1.1x at 1 BP, 1.21x at 2 BP, 1.33x at 3BP, 1.46x at 4 BP)                                                               

3-Turn damage:                                                               
Default → Attackx2 → Attackx6 (x1.33 x 1.24 for RE/Crits:   4519.1163384                                                            

Note: Optimized for Pdef:   274 Pdef, 137 Mdef                                                            

Comments: Well... not much good to say in a duel. The damage is atrocious. The counters are pretty weak with having a hole to either magic or physicals. Eye for an Eye is cool but useless in a duel.                                                                

Summoner                                                               
HP:   4687   (PCHP:)   92.67%   MP:   640                                                
STR:    35   VIT:   40   INT:   91   MND:   86   DEX:   51                                    
P.Atk:   83   #Hits:   7                                                      
P.Def:   170                                                            
Aim:   100   Eva%:   24                                                      
Physical Durability:   78.56%                                                            

Abilities:                                                               
Hresvelgr (40MP): 1536 Wind magic damage, MT. 110 power, 2.5x mult Wind damage to all enemies                                                               
Deus Ex (40MP): 1536 MT lightning. 110 power, 2.5x mult Lightning damage to all enemies                                                               
Ziusudra's Sin (40MP): 1536 MT Water. 110 power, 2.5x mult Water/Ice damage to all enemies                                                               
Promethean Fire (40MP): 1536 MT Fire. 110 power, 2.5x mult Fire damage to all enemies                                                               
Girtablulu (40MP): 1536 MT Earth. 110 Power, 2.5x mult Earth damage to all enemies.                                                               
Charybdis (60MP): Lowers all enemy P.Atk and M.Atk by 50% for 4 turns (low cap on P.Atk and M.Atk is -25%)                                                               
Susano-o (60MP): 1843 MT Dark damage. 110 power, 3x Mult dark damage to all enemies                                                               
Amaterasu (60MP): Restores 8600 HP for all targets, 300 power, 100*Mnd healing (full)                                                               

Invoke: 90 MP to increase one of the following stats: These don't trigger summoning Surge.                                                               
Hresvelgr: +50% Speed and Eva for 10 turns                                                               
Deus Ex: +50% M.Atk for 10 turns                                                               
Ziusudra's Sin: +50% M.Def for 10 turns                                                               
Promethean Fire: +50% P.Atk for 10 turns                                                               
Girtablulu: +50% P.Def for 10 turns                                                               
Charybdis: +100% Hit Count for 10 turns                                                               
Susano-o: Crit Rate x5 for 10 turns                                                               
Amaterasu : +100% Healing magic potency for 10 turns                                                               

Passives:                                                               
Summon Substitute (1): Summons a random Summon spell when KO'd. (Does not give a victory if that summon kills enemies)                                                               
MP 20% Up (1): Raises max MP by 20%                                                               
Convert MP (1): Recovers 5% of damage taken as MP.                                                               
Summon in a Pinch (1): Automatically calls a summon (no MP cost) when brought to <20% HP                                                               
Summoning Amp (2): Raise MP cost for summons by 25% and damage by 25%                                                               
Summoning Surge (2): Each time summon magic is used in combat, damage dealt is increased by 10%                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Invoke Girtablulu and Charybdis combine to give significant durability enhancement.                                                               
Taking 1200 damage restores enough MP to use Amaterasu again, so Summoner can heal indefinitely if hit for that much. Amaterasu triggers Summoning Surge...                                                               
Max Evade with Main Gauche/Pentacle is 70%.                                                               
Two rods is 26% more damage, but 136 Pdef/188 Mdef                                                               
Magic damage after buffing is +47% damage. (so +85% with both two rods + Buff)                                                               

3-Turn damage:   20234.8125                                                            
Invoke Deus Ex, Susano-ox5                                                               

Blitzing turn 1 with Susano-o is : 11029 (1 wonder rod) and 14052 (2 wonder rods)                                                               

Comments: The “Nearly negate enemy damage with buffing/debuffing” is a sweet trick! Haste/healing forever with some defensive buffing is a neat trick. Having horrible speed and poor durability isn't such a neat trick.                                                               

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 02:24:02 AM »

Hawkeye:                                                               
HP:   5114   (PCHP:)   101.11%   MP:   469                                                
STR:    61   VIT:   61   INT:   76   MND:   76   DEX:   76                                    
P.Atk:   252   #Hits:   10                                                      
P.Def:   157                                                            
M.Atk:   178   Mult:   2.875                                                      
M.Def:   178                                                            
Aim:   210   Eva%:   -1                                                      
Physical Durability:   79.94%                                                            
Magical Durability:   64.20%                                                            
Base Attack Damage:   1458                                                            

Equipment:   M328, Circlet, Magus' Robes, Adamant Gauntlet                                                            

Abilities:                                                               
Sidewinder (1BP): Select a number of enemies of your choice, This does 2x basic physical damage to one, scaling down as more targets are added.                                                               
Warhead (16MP): Increase physical damage by ~200 and add an element of your choice.                                                               
Harpoon (16MP): Attacks ignore physical defense for 5 turns. (raises damage to 2268 w/gun , 1404 w/axe)                                                               
Maverick (8MP): Unleash a 1.25x physical attack against enemy with the lowest HP at the end of the turn.                                                               
Condor (8MP): Buff that makes physical attacks pierce Default state (and deal 1.5x damage to defaulting enemies)                                                               
Sparrow (8MP): Deal a 2650 damage (1656 w/Axe) magic attack based on right hand P.Atk. 100 power, 4x mult.                                                                

Passives:                                                               
Barrage (1): For each successful damage-dealing action performed, damage from subsequent actions in the same turn will be multiplied by 1.1                                                               
*Eagle Eye (2): Increase accuracy by 100%                                                               
Rifle Lore (1): Increase gun rank to 'S'                                                               
Crossfire (1): 25% chance of following up with an attack when an ally inflicts damage upon an enemy.                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Gun, Pdef Optimized:   204 Pdef, 94 Mdef                                                            
Base phys damage w/ Axe:   594                                                            
Axe, Mdef Optimized:   221 Pdef, 232 Mdef                                                            
Axe, Pdef Optimized:   269 Pdef, 148 Mdef                                                            

3-turn Damage:   17752.32                                                            
Default->Sparrowx2->Sparrowx4                                                               

Turn 1 sparrow blitz: 12188 gun, 7617 Axe                                                               

Comments: For all the neat physical gimmicks with ITD and default ignoring damage and elemental damage and damage at the end of a round... Sparrow is just better at damaging things than any of that. So that's what the game is, try to kill with Sparrow and probably fail.                                                               

Patissier                                                               
HP:   4687   (PCHP:)   92.67%   MP:   512                                                
STR:    56   VIT:   51   INT:   86   MND:   86   DEX:   71                                    
AGI:    75   Stdev:   1.1736937818                                                      
P.Atk:   122   #Hits:   12                                                      
P.Def:   183                                                            
M.Atk:   218   Mult:   2.875                                                      
Aim:   109   Eva%:   25                                                      
Physical Durability:   84.67%                                                            
Base Attack Damage:   345.6                                                            

Equipment:   Falcon Knife, Pentacle, Circlet, Magus Robe, Adamant Gauntlets                                                            

Attack:   307.584   (523 after Debuffing Def)                                                         

Abilities:                                                               
Harvest: Get an item used in Bon Appetit                                                               
Flambe: 442 Fire physical on all enemies (564 after debuffing def), 50 power, 0.5x mult at 0 enemy BP, 1x at 1, 1.5x at 2, 2x at 3.                                                               
Decoration: Raises likelihood of being targetted by foe to the max for a selected ally (not self)                                                               
Digestion (8): Removes ghost status and any attribute bonuses (not penalties) from whole team.                                                               
Piestorm: Throw four pies that hit random foes and inflicts debuffs for 4 (8) turns. Always goes P.Atk -25%, M.Atk -25%, P.Def -25%, and M.Def -25%                                                               

Bon Apetit:                                                               
Use two desert items to throw a desert at an enemy or ally that has the following effects:                                                               

Status: Choose one of Poison/Blind/Silence/Sleep/Paralysis/Dread/Berserk(100%)/Confuse/Charm/Instant Death(50%)/Ghost (50%). Accuracy is 75% unless otherwise noted. BEFORE Status amp adds 25%.                                                               
Enweaken: Choose one of Fire/Ice/Thunder/Wind/Earth/Light/Dark to make enemy weak to (1.5x) for 4 turns                                                               
Debuff: Choose one of P.Atk/M.Atk/P.Def/M.Def/Speed to lower on target by 50% for 4 (8) turns. Note this won't drop foe below 75% of their normal stat.                                                               

Passives:                                                               
Status Ailment Amp (1): Increase chance of landing a status ailment by 25%                                                               
Glace (1): Double HP and MP restored by consumable items                                                               
Prolong Enfeeble (1): Status afflictions last twice as long when inflicted by user                                                               
Items for All (1): Consumable items and Bon Appetit abilities will affect all allies or enemies                                                               
Critical Hitter (1): 25% chance of scoring critical hits with spells or attack items (2x damage). Useless for Patissier itself.                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Pdef Optimized:   217 Pdef, 132 Mdef                                                            
Gun Physical:   757 (955 after debuffing Def)                                                            
Gun Flambe:   673 (784 after Debuffing Def)                                                            
Gun, Mdef Optimized:   147 Pdef, 188 Mdef, 65 Agi                                                            
Gun, Pdef Optimized:   181 Pdef, 102 Mdef, 65 Agi                                                            
Dual Falcon Knives speed:   85 Agi, (+1.97 stdev)                                                            

3-Turn damage:   2656.8                                                            
Flambex6                                                               

Comments: Did someone order status to go? Good question, it depends on what food items you allow Patissier. The debuffing off Piestorm is impressive regardless, but without status Patissier is quite pitiful. That 'S' in Knives works magic for speed.                                                               

White Mage                                                               
STR:    40   VIT:   35   INT:   86   MND:   91   DEX:   45                                    
P.Atk:   78   #Hits:   8                                                      
M.Atk:   223   Mult:   3.1428571429                                                      
M.Def:   223                                                            
Aim:   99   Eva%:   24                                                      
Magical Durability:   105.29%                                                            

Abilities:                                                               
Cure (10MP): Recover 10xMnd HP.                                                               
Aero (10MP): Wind damage, 20 Power, 3x Mult                                                               
Esuna (18MP): Cures Poison, Blindness, Silence, Sleep, Paralyze, dread, berserk, confuse, and charm.                                                               
Raise (18MP): Revives with minimal HP                                                               
Cura (20MP): Restore 20*Mind HP                                                               
Aerora (25MP): 1414 Wind damage,  (55 Power, 4x mult)                                                                
Curada (30MP): Heals 2730 (30xMind) HP                                                               
Esunaga (36MP): Casts Esuna on all (can't be reflected                                                               
Curaga (40MP): Restores 4550 (50*Mnd) HP                                                               
Aeroga (45MP): 2036 Wind damage (90 power, 4.5x mult)                                                               
Arise (50MP): Revive ally with full HP                                                               
Holy (80MP): 3055 Holy damage (110 power, 6x mult)                                                               
Raise All (60MP): Revive all allies with minimal HP                                                               

Passives:                                                               
Angelic Ward (1): 50% chance to reduce any damage taken by 50%.                                                               
Silence Immunity (1): Immune to silence.                                                               
Group-Cast Master (2): Multi-targetting spells won't reduce their potency at all.                                                               
Circle of Life (2): When KO'd, revive any other dead allies with full HP. Once per battle, but no effect on user.                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Pdef Optimized: -33% magic damage, 201 Pdef, 137 Mdef                                                               
Dual Wonder Rods: +22% magic damage, 131 Pdef, 193 Mdef                                                               

3-turn Damage:   18329.1428571429                                                            
Holyx6:                                                               
Blitzing:                                                               
Holyx4 Blitz: 12219 Holy magic damage (14935 with 2 rods)                                                               
Aerogax4 Blitz: 8144 Wind magic damage (10180 with 2 rod)                                                               

Comments: Can put out some damage in a hurry or heal/chip a bit. The high cost of healing is a downer for any strategy other than “Kill with Holy ASAP”, as is the cruddy durability/speed combo.                                                               

Merchant                                                               
STR:    56   VIT:   45   INT:   81   MND:   76   DEX:   56                                    
P.Atk:   122   #Hits:   9                                                      
P.Def:   177                                                            
M.Atk:   208   Mult:   2.875                                                      
M.Def:   208                                                            
Aim:   106   Eva%:   25                                                      
Physical Durability:   81.74%                                                            
Magical Durability:   83.35%                                                            

Equipment:   Falcon Knife, Pentacle, Circlet, Magus Robe, Adamant Gauntlets                                                            

Abilities:                                                               
Pay to Play: Spend 50*Level (3750) to raise critical hit rate by 300% (max crit rate is +500%)                                                               
Pharmacy: Spend pg to purchase a recovery item and use it on a single target. Best is X Potion for 1500 HP and pg.                                                               
Salesman: Force enemy to buy a consumable at 2.5x regular selling price                                                               
Hedge Risk: Halve damage suffered for 5 turns by spending money equal to half the damage.                                                               
Takeover: Spend Level * 50 (~3750) pg to do that much damage to one target.                                                               
BP Drink: Spend Pg to gain BP: 1000 = 1BP, 10,000 = 2BP, 100,000 = 3BP.                                                               
Big Pharma: Restore one enmy HP and make target pay pg equal to HP recovered.                                                               
Payoff: Pay2win. Seems like the demand is about 10x what you'd win in battle (before chain is considered) Pricy                                                               

Passives:                                                               
White Knight (1): Ally with most HP protects user from single-target physical attacks when below 20% HP                                                               
More Money (2): Multiplies money earned by 1.5x. Does not stack with other instances of More Money (nerf!)                                                               
Insurance (2): When damaged, receive pg equal to half the damage received.                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Pdef Optimized:   211 Pdef, 122 Mdef                                                            
Falcon Knifex2 Mdef Optimized:   75 Agi, 141 Pdef, 178 Mdef                                                            
Falcon Knifex2 Pdef Optimized:   75 Agi, 175 Pdef, 92 Mdef                                                            

3-turn Damage:   22500                                                            
Takeoverx6                                                               

Takeoverx4 Blitz:   15000                                                            

Comments: No more High/Low Leverage! Tries to kill with Takeover, with Falcon Knife/Shield options being selected as applicable.                                                               

Black Mage                                                               
STR:    35   VIT:   35   INT:   91   MND:   86   DEX:   45                                    
P.Atk:   83   #Hits:   8                                                      
Aim:   99   Eva%:   24                                                      

Abilities:                                                               
Fire (10MP): 1899 Fire damage, 20 power, 3x mult                                                               
Blizzard (10MP): 1899 Ice damage, 20 power, 3x mult                                                               
Thunder (10MP): 1899 Thunder damage, 20 power, 3x mult                                                               
Aspir (1MP): MP drain, 50 power, 0.1x mult                                                               
Fira (25MP): 2602 fire damage, 55 power, 3.5x mult                                                               
Blizzara (25MP): 2602 Ice damage, 55 power, 3.5x mult                                                               
Thundara (25MP): 2602 Thunder damage, 55 power, 3.5x mult                                                               
Drain (8MP): Absorbs 1946 HP, 25 power, 3x mult                                                               
Firaga (45MP): 3841 Fire damage, 90 power, 4.5x mult                                                               
Blizzaga (45MP): 3841 Ice damage, 90 power, 4.5x mult                                                               
Thundaga (45MP): 3841 Thunder damage, 90 power, 4.5x mult                                                               
Dark (80MP): 4426 Dark damage, 100 power, 5x mult                                                               
Flare (80MP): 2607 Fire damage to all, 120 power, 2.75x mult                                                               

Passives:                                                               
Rod Lore (1): Raises Rod proficiency to S rank                                                               
*Black Resonance (1): Black magic damage rises with amount of this skill set amongst the party (1 PC: 0%, 2 PCs: 10%, 3: 15%, 4: 20%)                                                               
Pierce M.Def (3): Ignore enemy M.Def when calculating damage.                                                               
Group-Cast All (2): Group-cast spells even when they wouldn't normally be group-cast.                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Two-Rods:   +18% damage, 131 Pdef, 188 Mdef                                                            
Pdef Optimized:   -24% damage, 201 Pdef, 132 Mdef                                                            

3-turn Damage:                                                               

'Aga' spellx4 Blitz:   15364                                                            
Darkx4 Blitz:   17703                                                            
Comments: Well Black Mage can KO in a blitz, but otherwise... No more status! Like with White Mage, they moved status to one of the new jobs and nerfed BM. Has a 'C' in Daggers so could get +7 Speed per Falcon Knife, but at a significant hit to durability or damage or both.                                                               

Ranger                                                               
STR:    66   VIT:   56   INT:   65   MND:   65   DEX:   76                                    
P.Atk:   244   #Hits:   12                                                      
P.Def:   152                                                            
M.Atk:   167   Mult:   2.875                                                      
M.Def:   167                                                            
Aim:   110   Eva%:   0                                                      
Physical Durability:   71.42%                                                            
Magical Durability:   53.11%               1.4257608868                                             
Base Attack Damage:   1663.2                                                            

Equipment:   Elven Bow, Circlet, Magus Robe, Adamant Gauntlets                                                            

Attack:   1496.88   (28% chance of doing 42.6% more damage, 9% crit chance)                                                         

Abilities:                                                               
Berserk: Enter Berserk mode for 6 turns, P.Atk increased 50% and perform conventional attacks repeatedly. Does not use Brave.                                                               
Targeting (1BP): A 1x physical attack that is an automatic critical hit.                                                               
Bug/Plant/Beast/Aquatic/Dragon Slayer (6MP): 1x physical attack that does 1.5x against relevant type of target.                                                               
Multiburst (1BP): Deal 4 hits of 0.6x damage (2.4x damage total).                                                               
Passives:                                                               
*Precision (2): If and only if all hits land on a conventional attack, deal (1.03^#hits (12) =1.426) times the damage. Without an accuracy boost all 12 hits (90% accuracy) connecting is only a 28% chance                                                               
Bow lore (1): Gives an “S” in Bows                                                               
Savage Beast (1): When in Berserk mode, have an 80% chance of using a random physical skill that costs no BP or MP. Unfortunately the list of usable abilities includes all of the “Slayer” abilities.                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Pdef Optimized: 186 Pdef, 81 Mdef                                                               

3-turn Damage:   11975.04                                                            
Default, Default, Multiburstx3                                                               

Blitzing: Multiburstx2:   7983                                                            

Comments: Pretty sad. Nerfed from the original on account of no longer having an accuracy boost to pair with Precision. Multiburst is the best consistent damage and the abilities are not useful in a duel.                                                                

[bKnight[/b]                                                               
HP:   5540   (PCHP:)   109.54%   MP:   384                                                
STR:    66   VIT:   76   INT:   40   MND:   61   DEX:   45                                    
P.Atk:   66   #Hits:   9                                                      
P.Def:   346                                                            
M.Atk:   241   Mult:   2.875                                                      
M.Def:   241                                                            
Aim:   9   Eva%:   49                                                      
Physical Durability:   4178.47%                                                            
Magical Durability:   181.88%                                                            

Equipment:   Pentaclex2, Circlet, Dragonscale Armor                                                            

Abilities:                                                               
Stomp (Deal a 1.25x physical attack, but reduce P.Def and M.Def by 25% for 2 turns                                                               
Ironclad (5MP): Initiative, Raise P.Def to max (150%) for the turn used.                                                               
Shield Strike (8MP): 1x physical attack, raise P.Def by 25% for 2 turns. (only if shield equipped)                                                               
Full Cover: Initiative, Take all single-target physical attacks for a selected ally. Take only half damage.                                                               
Super Charge (1BP): 4876 damage, 1x physical attack that uses 2x P.Def instead of P.Atk for the calculation                                                               
Iron Wall: Initiative, Take any single-target physical attacks directed at any party member, halves physical damage.                                                               

Passives:                                                               
Two-Handed (1): Use a 1-handed weapon in two hands to double its attack power                                                               
Protect Ally (1): Take any single-target physical attacks directed at allies with < 20% HP                                                               
Shield Lore (1): Grants an “S” in shields                                                               
Dual Shields (1): Able to equip two shields at once                                                               
Chivalrous Spirit (1): Each time Knight takes a physical hit for an ally, P.Def raises by 25% for 5 turns                                                               

Notes:                                                               
2-H gives Knight at best a paltry 995 damage physical, so 2-shields is always the way to go.                                                               
Mdef-Optimized: 306 Pdef, 303 Mdef, 4180 S-Charge.                                                               
Pdef Optimized: 363 Pdef, 219 Mdef, 5152 S-Charge                                                               
Mdef/Pdef split: 333 Pdef, 281 Mdef.                                                               

Comments: Like Bravely Default Knight, only with less damage and ridiculous Mdef to go with that Pdef.                                                               

Ninja                                                               
STR:    61   VIT:   45   INT:   71   MND:   71   DEX:   71                                    
AGI:    95   Stdev:   2.7642133927                                                      
P.Atk:   127   #Hits:   16                                                      
P.Def:   141                                                            
M.Atk:   173   Mult:   3.1428571429                                                      
M.Def:   173                                                            
Aim:   109   Eva%:   1                                                      
Physical Durability:   67.66%                                                            
Magical Durability:   56.09%                                                            
Base Attack Damage:   1065.6                                                            
Equipment:   Falcon Knifex2, Circlet, Magus Robe, Adamant Gauntlets                                                            

Attack:   948                                                            

Abilities:                                                               
Shippujinrai (12MP): 1066 damage with initiative. 1X physical attack with initiative                                                               
Shunshin: Raise evade to max (1.5x normal) for 6 turns                                                               
Utsumemi: Evade the next physical attack (Even if it is normally ITE)                                                               
Ikkikasei (12MP): For this turn only, double hit count.                                                               
Kairai: Initiative, redirect all single-target attacks by enemies to a selected ally.                                                               
Impermanence (24MP): Reverse effect of attribute bonuses and penalties for an ally or enemy team. 4 turns. Stacking this will refresh duration of this 'swap' status.                                                               

Passives:                                                               
*Dual Wield (2): No attack penalty for using a weapon in each hand.                                                               
Confuse Immunity (1): Immunity to Confuse                                                               
Transience (1): Anytime a physical attack is evaded a 1x ITE counter will trigger                                                               
Comeback Kid (1): Anytime a physical attack is evaded, +25% P.Atk and M.Atk for 3 turns (+86% damage for one, +172% for two)                                                               
Frentic Fighting (1): Double the number of max hits from 16 to 32                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Mdef Optimized: 444 damage, 177 Pdef, 203 Mdef                                                               

3-turn Damage:                                                               
Shippujinraix2, Ikkikasei,Physicalx3   8994.7296                                                            

Blitzing: Ikkikasei, Physicalx3:   5690                                                            

Comments: Speedy and can laugh off physical attacks via Utsumemi. Mages will tear Ninja apart because of a) Lack of durability and b) Lack of damage. Really only suitable to taking out physical-only foes. I guess the weird dispel trick could be useful maybe?                                                               

Exorcist                                                               
STR:    45   VIT:   51   INT:   86   MND:   91   DEX:   56                                    
P.Atk:   133   #Hits:   8                                                      
P.Def:   183                                                            
M.Atk:   223   Mult:   3.1428571429                                                      
M.Def:   223                                                            
Physical Durability:   84.67%                                                            
Magical Durability:   105.29%                                                            

Equipment:   Rune Blade, Pentacle, Circlet, Magus' Robe, Adamant Gauntlets                                                            

Physical:    251                                                            

Abilities:                                                               
Undo HP (20MP): Revert target HP to value at beginning of previous turn. Can also revive target from KO                                                               
Undo Action (16MP): Grants immunity to the next single action an enemy takes against a target.                                                               
Purgation (8MP): Cancels Regen, Stop, Reraise, as well as anything effecting elemental/status resistance and status buffs/debuffs. Single-target                                                               
Undo MP (1BP): Reverts target MP to what it was at beginning of previous turn                                                               
Undo BP (3BP): Reverts target BP to what it was at the beginning of the previous turn.                                                               
Eradication (32MP): 33% flat chance of resistance-ignoring instant death, MT. (checks each foe individually)                                                               

Tongues: Able to use any magic in friends summon list... Random but frequently good!                                                               

Passives:                                                               
Steady MP Recover (1): Recover 30MP at the end of every turn                                                               
* Undo Trois (1): Instead of just reverting to the previous turn 'Undo” skills allow the selection of one of the previous 3 turns.                                                               
Ectoplasm (1): Upon death, instead of entering KO state enter the “Ghost” State, which allows the use of magic but counts as a game-over if everyone has it.                                                               
Glossolalia (1): Enables the Tongues command                                                               
Auto-Undo (3): At the end of every turn, revert HP/MP to what it was at the beginning of that turn. Does not trigger if it would reduce HP/MP or if it KO'd                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Falcon Knife instead of Rune Blade:   +8 Agi, 43 damage attack instead of 251...                                                            
Def-Optimized:   217 Pdef, 157 Mdef                                                            
Two Falcon Knives, Mdef Optimized:   +16 Agi, 147 Pdef, 193 Mdef, can only kill with Eradicate                                                            
Falcon Knifex2, Pdef Optimized   +16 Agi, 181 Pdef, 107 Mdef, can only kill with Eradicate                                                            

3-turn Damage:   1857.6                                                            
Physicalx6                                                               

Comments: Eradication is a turn 1 KO, Auto-Undo ensures that you must either fatally status out Exorcist or else OHKO. Purgation frustrates buff-> KO strategies. Honestly a frustrating foe to fight. I am unsure how doubles should interact with Auto-Undo, since they are based on the turn-based system and not Exorcist's own. The Agi buff from a Falcon Knife may be preferable to the better sword damage but such low damage begs for even a 1% high-variance critical hit from a foe before the end of a fight.                                                               

Monk                                                               
HP:   5966   (PCHP:)   117.96%   MP:   341                                                
STR:    71   VIT:   66   INT:   35   MND:   45   DEX:   56                                    
P.Atk:   442   #Hits:   11                                                      
P.Def:   66                                                            
M.Atk:   45   Mult:   2.6666666667                                                      
M.Def:   45                                                            
Aim:   101   Eva%:   0                                                      
Physical Durability:   63.38%                                                            
Magical Durability:   32.51%                                                            
Base Attack Damage:   3484.8                                                            
Equipment:   Naked                                                            

Strong Strike: a 2x physical attack with a 50% chance of missing.                                                               
Inner Alchemy (5MP): Cure user of poison, blindness, silence, dread, and confusion                                                               
Invigorate: Raise P.Atk by 25% for two turns, 25% chance of failing and instead causing 20% Max HP damage to self.                                                               
Hidden Dragon:  4356 damage at the end of a turn.1.25x physical that executes at the end of the turn                                                               
Qigong Wave (12MP): 4356 damage. 1.25x physical that ignores Default                                                               
Pressure Point (1BP): 8752 ITD damage. 2X physical attack that ignores defense                                                               
Phoenix Flight (Reduce HP to 1 and convert HP sacrificed to damage on a single target.                                                               
Crouching Tiger: Reduce all allies BP by 1 and deal a 4x MT physical (Does not work with dead party members, DOES work and consumes nothing if no other PCs in party... but only applicable in a low-level area in NG+                                                               

Passives:                                                               
Paralyze Immunity (1): Immunity to paralysis                                                               
*Knuckle Lore (1): S in Knuckle proficiency, and when no weapons equipped a fist of P.Atk = Level is assumed                                                               
Natural Talent: Raise P.Atk by 100% when nothing is equipped in any slots.                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Damage w/ Hammer Knuckles: 2091 Quigong Wave, 5091 Pressure Points                                                               
Hammer Knuckle, Pdef Optimized:   196 Pdef,  81 Mdef                                                            
Hammer Knuckle, Mdef Optimized:   162 Pdef, 167 Mdef                                                            

3-turn Damage:   26254.8                                                            
Default->Default->Pressure Pointx3                                                               

Blitzing:                                                               
Naked Physical damage turn 1 (Qwx4):   17424                                                            
Naked ITD damage turn 1:   17504                                                            
Naked with Phoenix flight turn 1 (PF->QW->PP)   19073                                                            
Hammer Knuckle turn 1: (Ppx2):   10182                                                            

Comments: Go naked, smash stuff. It is a valid strategy! Trying to have durability halves the damage so it probably isn't worth it unless an OHKO is avoided. Phoenix Flight is best used in conjunction with naked damage to KO. Really all about Koing as soon as possible, and is likely to die to a magic poke unless sacrificing that damage. I advise ignoring Crouching Tiger.                                                               

Valkyrie                                                               
STR:    66   VIT:   61   INT:   60   MND:   60   DEX:   56                                    
P.Atk:   148   #Hits:   11                                                      
P.Def:   221                                                            
M.Atk:   216   Mult:   2.875                                                      
M.Def:   216                                                            
Physical Durability:   119.60%                                                            
Magical Durability:   102.31%                                                            

Equipment:   Roncone, Pentacle, Circlet, Magus's Robe, Adamant Gauntlets                                                            

Abilities:                                                               
Crescent Moon (1BP): A 1x physical attack to all enemies                                                               
Jump (1BP): At the end of the turn, jump up. Come down during normal turn order the next turn and deal 1723 (2x damage,3x if a spear is equipped)                                                               
Spirit Barrier (10 MP): For 10 turns, Sacirifce 10% of damage taken as MP and that will negate HP damage. (effectively a 4170 HP buffer)                                                               
Soul Crush (16MP): Do a 0.1x physical attack that hits target MP.                                                               
High Jump (2BP): Jump off the screen at normal turn order. The next turn, deal 2584 (3x the damage of a normal attack, 4.5x if a spear is equipped)                                                               
Super Jump (3 BP): Jump off the screen and come down two turns later to deal 1723 (2x damage to all enemies, 3x if a spear is equipped).                                                                

Passives:                                                               
Spear Lore (1): Grants an S in spears                                                               
*Soul Mates (1): Anytime an ally is KO'd, P.Atk and M.Atk rise by 25% for 5 turns                                                               
Pierce Default (1): Attacks ignore Default                                                               
BP Skill Amp (1): skills that cost BP deal 50% more damage and cost 1BP more.                                                               
Quickening (1): Time delay between jumping and coming down is reduced by 1 turn.... but BP cost is unaffected. WTF. A skill that INCREASED time in the air would have been good!                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Pdef Optimized:                                                               

3-turn Damage:   4340.952                                                            
Attack, Super Jump                                                               

Comments: Worst top-tier skill by far. Fairly durable but damage is terrible. Jump may be preferable to High Jump if slower than an enemy, as it gives enemies 1 action on the ground/Jump instead of 2.                                                               

Pirate                                                               
STR:    81   VIT:   66   INT:   55   MND:   55   DEX:   35                                    
P.Atk:   187   #Hits:   8                                                      
M.Atk:   211   Mult:   2.6666666667                                                      
M.Def:   211                                                            
Aim:   92   Eva%:   24                                                      
Magical Durability:   102.80%                                                            

Equipment:   Cross Axe, Pentacle, Circlet, Magus' Robe, Adamant Gauntlet                                                            

Physical:   503                                                            

Abilities:                                                               
Double Damage (50MP): Attack that does 1396 (2x base damage)                                                               
Provoke: Raise chance of being attacked to the highest level possible                                                               
Shell Split (9MP): 692 (1x) physical attack, and for 4 turns lower target P.Def by 25% (a 23% increase in damage, not accounting for Bully)                                                               
Scale Strip (9MP): 692 (1x) physical attack, and for 4 turns lower target M.Def by 25%                                                               
Shin Smash (9MP): 692 (1x) physical attack and for 4 turns lower target Spd by 25%                                                               
Defang (9MP): 692 (1x) physical attack and for 4 turns lower target P.Atk by 25%                                                               
Skull Bash (9MP): 692 (1x) physical attack and for 4 turns lower target M.Atk by 25%                                                               
Amped Strike (150MP): 2768 (4x) physical attack to one.                                                               

Passives:                                                               
*Adrenaline Rush (1): For 5 turns, P.Atk and P.Def rise by 50% when HP falls below 20%                                                               
Axe Lore (1): Gives an 'S' in axes                                                               
Bully (1): Increases damage dealt by 10% for every status affliction (including debuffs) a target currently suffers from.                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Def-Optimized:   260 Pdef, 125 Mdef                                                            
Damage post Shell Split:   860 Base damage (x1.232)                                                            
Damage post Adrenaline Rush:   1372 Base damage (x1.964) [1534 post Shell Split or x2.2]                                                            
Durability post Defang:   (Depends on enemy Atk)                                                            
Durability post Skull Bash:   (Depends on enemy M.Atk)                                                            

3-turn Damage (not including debuffs):   9079.2                                                            
Amped Strike, Amped Strike, Double Damage->Physicalx3                                                               

Blitzing: (including Bully & Shell Split def debuff)                                                               
Shell Split → Amped Strikex2 → Double Damage   10070                                                            

Comments: Debuffing enemy attack is a very effective strategy that can make Pirate virtually indestructible to Def or Mdef subject attacks. Beyond that, Applying some debuffs and blitzing is a good idea but Amped Strikes are really really expensive                                                               

Performer                                                               
STR:    45   VIT:   45   INT:   81   MND:   76   DEX:   56                                    
P.Atk:   125   #Hits:   9                                                      
P.Def:   184                                                            
M.Atk:   214   Mult:   2.875                                                      
M.Def:   214                                                            
Physical Durability:   85.18%                                                            
Magical Durability:   90.93%                                                            

Equipment:   Hammer Mace, Pentacle, Circlet, Magus' Robe, Adamant G                                                            

Attack:   230                                                            

Abilities:                                                               
Love Power (30MP): Raise all targets' P.Atk by 20% for 4 turns                                                               
One More for You (26MP): Raise target's BP by one. Can't self-target                                                               
Got Your Back (24MP): Raise all targets' P.Def by 20% for 4 turns                                                               
Key to Your Heart (24MP): Raise all targets' M.Def by 20% for 4 turns                                                               
Little Devil (24MP): Raise all targets' M.Atk by 20% for 4 turns                                                               
Zero Sum (30MP): Reduce BP to zero for all targets with one or more BP                                                               
My Hero (2BP): Raise all allies' BP by 1                                                               
Hearts On Fire (45MP): Raise all targets' P.Atk and M.Atk by 25% for 5 turns                                                               
The Grand Ship (45MP): Raise all targets' P.Def and M.Def by 25% for 5 turns                                                               

Passives:                                                               
Encore (1): 25% chance of instantly following up any song with another random song at no BP/MP cost. BP songs don't count.                                                               
Power Up (2): P.Atk/M.Atk/P.Def/M.Def all raise 5% for 5 turns at the end of each turn (Since it triggers every turn and both increases the amount and refreshes duration, this is permanent)                                                               

Notes:                                                               
1.5x Buffed Attack: 640 w/ Hammer Mace                                                               
Pdef Optimized: 218 Pdef, 128 Mdef                                                               
Hammer Knuckle damage: 564 damage (1142 after 1.5x attack)                                                               
Hammer Knuckle, Mdef Optimized: 141 Pdef, 178 Mdef                                                               
Hammer Knuckle, Pdef Optimized: 175 Pdef, 92 Mdef                                                               

3-turn Damage:                                                               
Hearts on Firex2, Physicalx4                                                               

Comments: Can actually get up to some really good defensive stats in this game (especially Mdef). Damage is lackluster but buffed can add up over time to something resembling decent, unlike the previous game. A massively improved encore for Performer.                                                               

Time Mage                                                               
STR:    35   VIT:   35   INT:   91   MND:   81   DEX:   56                                    
P.Atk:   78   #Hits:   8                                                      
M.Atk:   213   Mult:   3.5                                                      
M.Def:   213                                                            
Magical Durability:   89.57%                                                            

Abilities:                                                               
Haste (8MP): Raise target's speed by 50% for 4 turns                                                               
Quake (5MP): 20 Power, 3x mult earth magic                                                               
Regen (5MP): Restores 3% Max HP at the end of each turn. Doesn't wear off.                                                               
Quick (20MP): Raise one target's hit count by 50% for 4 turns.                                                               
Quara (15MP): 55 power, 4x mult earth magic damage.                                                               
Gravity (12MP): 50% chance (very high in practice) to deal 50% of target's max HP (capped at 9999)                                                               
Comet (25MP): 4 shots of 50% accurate damage to one target, each shot is 30 power/4x mult                                                               
Hastega (32MP): Raise allies' speed by 50% for 4 turns                                                               
Stop (10MP): 75% (higher in practice) chance to inflict Stop on target.                                                               
Quakga (45MP): 3229 earth damage. 90 Power, 5x mult earth magic damage                                                               
Reraise (80MP): Enable one ally to automatically recover from K.O. With minimal HP                                                               
Meteor (99 MP): 5670 damage. Four hits of magic damage, each hit is 110 power, 2x mult. (110 power, 8x mult overall)                                                               
Quickga (40MP): Raise all allies' Hit count by 100% for 5 turns.                                                               

Passives:                                                               
Stop Immunity (1): Immunity to Stop                                                               
Slow Parry (1): 60% chance to lower attacker's speed by 50% when taking a single target physical attack.                                                               
*Time Slip (1): Return to the start of a battle if the entire party is wiped out, rather than getting a game over. Only triggers once.                                                               
M.Atk 20% Up (1): Increase M.Atk by 20%                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Dual Wonder Rod magic: 7031 damage meteors, 131 Pdef, 183 Mdef                                                               
Pdef Optimized: 3856 damage meteors, 201 Pdef, 127 Mdef                                                               

3-turn Damage:   34020                                                            
Meteor x 6                                                               

Blitzing: 4x Meteor: 22680 (28123 w/ 2 rods) [15422 def optimized]                                                               

Comments: Drop the meteors of doom, rar. Time Slip can help tilt the odds in Time Mage's favor, and Stop exists (although it's value against faster foes is questionable), but mostly battles are on or lost in whether that Meteor Swarm comes out and whether it's fatal.                                                               

Dark Knight                                                               
STR:    71   VIT:   56   INT:   65   MND:   55   DEX:   56                                    
P.Atk:   159   #Hits:   11                                                      
P.Def:   216                                                            
M.Atk:   211   Mult:   3.1428571429                                                      
M.Def:   211                                                            
Physical Durability:   115.14%                                                            
Magical Durability:   94.90%                                                            
Base Attack Damage:   683                                                            
Equipment:   Rune Blade, Pentacle, Circlet, Magus' Robe, Adamant Gauntlets                                                            

Physical:   0                                                            

Abilities:                                                               
Dark Bane: Sacrifice 20% MHP to deal 854 (1.25x) dark physical damage to a target                                                               
Minus Strike (16MP): Damage one target by difference between CHP and MHP                                                               
Black Bane: Sacrifice 30% MHP to deal 1025 (1.5x) dark physical damage to all enemies                                                               
Absorb Magic: Triggers at start of turn and nullifies magic against Dark Knight. Instead, Dark Knight's MP is restored by whatever the MP cost of the spell he is hit with.                                                               
Dark Nebula: Sacrifice 20% Max HP to deal 2732 (4x) dark damage to all COMBATANTS (Dark Knight takes 0 as Pdef > Patk                                                               
Life or Death: Buffs own P.Atk/M.Atk/P.Def/M.Def by 50% for 5 turns but also inflicts 5 turn Doom.                                                               
Rage (2BP): Unleash Dark Bane against random targets up to 5 times or until HP falls to 1.                                                               
Funeral Pyre: Sacrifice 20% HP to deal a dark physical that does has a 1.25*(Target BP+1) multiplier                                                               

Passives:                                                               
Blind Immunity (1): Immunity to Blind                                                               
*Adversity (1): When accumulating damage equal to 25% HP, raise P.Atk/M.Atk/P.Def/M.Def by 10% for 3 turns. Won't trigger twice if taking > 50% damage.                                                               
Blaze of Glory (1): When KO'd, do a 4x damage physical to all enemies (can't win with this if last PC to fall)                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Damage w/ Katana: 644 base damage, 24% Crit)                                                               
Pdef-Optimized: 268 Pdef, 129 Mdef                                                               
Pdef/Mdef Mixed: 238 Pdef, 191 Mdef                                                               
Double Katana: 455 base damage, 39% crit rate. 152 Pdef, 157 Mdef [or 203 Pdef, 64 Mdef]                                                               
Life & Death Damage: 1470 base damage Rune Blade, 1574 double Katana. [Dark Nebula does 4x this]                                                               

3-turn Damage:   22244.4                                                            
Life&Death, Dark Nebulax3, Minus Strike (assume 10% HP)                                                               

Blitzing:                                                               
Life & Death, Dark Nebula x3   17340                                                            
Minus Strikex4 overtakes this below 15% HP. Below 60% Minus Strike prevents the damage from dropping much.                                                               
Double Katana L&D → Dark Nebulax3 (one crit):   25186                                                            
(This falls off if not above 60% HP as a 39% crit chance may not be good enough to score a crit out of 2 attacks)                                                               

Comments: The P.Def and M.Def are quite good, and with a little buffing get ridiculous. A Katana and Life&Death->Dark Nebulax3 is ideal. Since after Life&Death Dark Knight will laugh off most defense/Mdef-subject attacks, it gives some wiggle room to play with Dark Nebula and Minus Strike. (i.e. get to 1 HP, unleash as many Minus Strikes as possible). Absorb Magic → Life & Death is a valid strategy to prevent extreme magic OHKOs that fail before the boosted Mdef. Against Dark resistance, getting into a fatal Minus Strike HP range is the gameplan.                                                               

Guardian                                                               
HP:   6392   (PCHP:)   126.38%   MP:   299                                                
STR:    66   VIT:   76   INT:   55   MND:   96   DEX:   35                                    
AGI:    35   Stdev:   -2.0073454399                                                      
P.Atk:   148   #Hits:   8                                                      
P.Def:   266                                                            
M.Atk:   238   Mult:   2.875                                                      
M.Def:   238                                                            
Aim:   97   Eva%:   23                                                      
Physical Durability:   229.58%                                                            
Magical Durability:   194.87%                                                            

Equipment:   Roncone, Pentacle, Armet, Magus' Robe, Adamant Gauntlet                                                            

Attack:   321                                                            

Abilities:                                                               
Possession (8MP): Transfer P.Atk/M.Atk/HP/MP and soul power to target and take control of them. Max HP/MP will be increased. While possessing a target Guardian will be unable to take any actions. Note that the PCs automatically lose if this is used by the sole remaining PCs, so useless in a duel.                                                               
Soul Smash : Consume 20% soul power and deal a physical strike with 50 extra power and a 1.5x mult (1166 damage)                                                               
Soul Blaster: Consume 50% Soul Power and deal Soul Smash to all enemies (1166 damage)                                                               
Soul Link (16MP): Use Soul power of chosen ally for abilities. They will gain soul power after this is used even if they wouldn't normally.                                                               
Soul Mirror (36MP): Creates a barrier that reflects physical attacks for 3 turns. Note that reflecting an attack won't let Guardian get any Soul Power from it.                                                               
Posessed (8MP): Transfer target's P.Atk/M.Atk/HP/MP and soul power to Guardian and prevent that target from performing actions. Enemies targetted are automatically killed. Note that if the last PC/s are in this state, they lose, so this is again useless in a duel.                                                               
Soul Cannon: Consume 100% Soul Power to deal a physical strike with 50 extra power and an 8x mult (6221 damage)                                                               

Passives:                                                               
Soul Boost (1): Start battle with 50% Soul Power                                                               
*Guardian Spirit (1): Can accumulate Soul Power. Will rise by 25% for every attack sustained up to  a maximum of 100%                                                               
Armor Lore (1): Gives an S in Heavy Armor and Helm proficiency.                                                               
Twin Souls (1): When possessing or being possesed, grants the ability to access both PC's skillsets.                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Pdef Optimized: 306 Pdef, 178 Mdef                                                               

3-turn Damage:   7828.56                                                            
Physial, Physical, Physicalx3->Soul Cannon                                                               

Comments: Set up for excellent M.Def and use Soul Mirror to mock physicals. This will generally give Guardian enough time to kill a foe, even though it is slow. Too bad about it's gimmick being worthless.                                                               

Kaiser                                                               
HP:   5540   (PCHP:)   109.54%   MP:   555                                                
STR:    71   VIT:   66   INT:   91   MND:   86   DEX:   66                                    
P.Atk:   169   #Hits:   11                                                      
M.Atk:   242   Mult:   3.1428571429                                                      
M.Def:   242                                                            
Aim:   98   Eva%:   25                                                      
Magical Durability:   186.67%                                                            

Equipment:   Flamberge, Pentacle, Circlet, Magus' Robes, Adamant Gauntlet                                                            

Attack:   610                                                            

Abilities:                                                               
Blinding Light (1BP): Deal damage equal to Half current HP to all enemies (Damage equal to current HP to one enemy with Centurion)                                                               
Sonneblume (16MP): Initiative will be reversed for all combatants for 5 turns (Lowest speed first, This goes for initiative moves too).                                                               
Spring Awakening (24MP): All combatants will be healed for 9999 HP at the end of every turn for 5 turns.(Note this occurs at the end of turn even under Sonneblume)                                                               
Westwind (16MP): P.Def and M.Def values will be switched for 5 turns for all allies and enemies.                                                               
Winter Storm (16MP): Nullify all HP/MP/BP recovery for all enemies and allies for 3 turns.                                                               
Nobe Eagle (16MP): Increase P.Atk and M.Atk for all enemies and allies to 200% for 5 turns. (Note an enemy attacking while under this buff will clobber Kaiser 8 ways from Sunday)                                                               
Overlord (24MP): All attacks will hit for critical damage for 5 turns for all allies and enemies. (unless attack can't normally crit, ala spells)                                                               

Passives:                                                                
Centurion (1): Converts certain multi-target attacks into single-target attacks that deal double damage.                                                               
Citadel (1): Once every two turns, all enemies and allies lose 1 BP                                                               
Cerberus (2): After every battle, HP/MP/Status are restored to pre-battle conditions (KO and other status potentially leading to game over will also return, if applicable)                                                               
Dawn of Odyssey (1): Once every 4 turns, all enemies and allies gain 1BP.                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Pdef Optimized:                                                               
Gun: 1011 damage (2805 after Noble Eagle), 162 Pdef, 188 Mdef (alternatively 209 Pdef, 104 Mdef)                                                               

3-turn Damage:                                                               
Blinding Lightx2 (80% HP assumed):                                                               

Blitzing:                                                               
Noble Eagle->Overlord → Physicalx2:   7660 (11221 w/Gun)                                                            
Spring Awakening/Sonneblume combo into 3 Blinding Lights:   16620                                                            

Comments:While Overlord and Noble Eagle are normally the go-to for blitzing damage for Kaiser (Especially with a gun), Using Spring Awakening and if needed Sonneblume to build BP and unleash 3x Blinding Lights is probably the better option, especially if the 3 Blinding Lights can be followed up with a Noble Eagle/Overlord/physicalx2.A really neat trick except against status. Has good Mdef, and Overlord is free auto-crits vs. mages with bad physicals.                                                               

Templar                                                               
STR:    66   VIT:   71   INT:   55   MND:   86   DEX:   56                                    
AGI:    40   Stdev:   -1.6097155372                                                      
P.Atk:   164   #Hits:   9                                                      
P.Def:   231                                                            
M.Atk:   242   Mult:   3.1428571429                                                      
M.Def:   242                                                            
Aim:   96   Eva%:   24                                                      
Physical Durability:   140.45%                                                            
Magical Durability:   186.67%                                                            

Equipment:   Flamberge, Pentacle, Circlet, Magus' Robes, Adamant Gauntlet                                                            

Attack:   456                                                            

Abilities:                                                               
Rampart (2BP): Grants a shield to all allies that will negate the next physical attack                                                               
Giant Slayer (1BP): 1198 Physical (2x) Physical attack, Mult goes up by 1 (599 damage) for every BP the foe has.                                                               
Radiant Blast (40MP): 1048 (1.75x) physical attack Light damage. Ignores Default                                                               
Desperation: A 3200 damage physical attack that adds P.Def ot P.Atk and ignores enemy Defense. But after using it P.Def drops to 75% for the remainder of that turn. (2732 damage on subsequent uses in one turn)                                                               
Heaven's Gate (3 BP): A physical light attack that varies in number of hits with how much BP the user has... At max BP it has a mult of only 5x (2995 damage).                                                               

Passives:                                                               
Charm Immunity (1): Immune to charm                                                               
*BP Limit Up (1): Makes max BP 4 instead of 3                                                               
Greatsword Lore (1): Gives an 'S' in Greatswords                                                               
Fortitude (1): Gain 1 BP for every attack sustained while Defaulting                                                               
Default Guard (1): Reduce damage taken when defaulting to 25% instead of the usual 50%                                                               
Weapon Guard (1): If attacking with a physical attack with a weapon equipped that turn, reduce damage taken by 25%                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Pdef/Mdef Mix: 249 Pdef, 220 Mdef (3345 Desperation, 2841 followup @ 75% Pdef)                                                               
Pdef Optimized: 289 Pdef, 160 Mdef (3669 Desperations, 3084 followup @ 75% Pdef)                                                               

3-turn Damage:                                                               
Desperation, Desperation, Desperationx4                                                               

Blitzing:                                                               
Desperation x4:    11395 (12922 if pdef optimized)                                                            

Comments: Desperation Desperation Desperation. That along with fantastic defenses can win many a match. Defaulting can help increase longevity too, since Templar will gain 2BP if the foe is attacking. Which can be used for more Desperations! The penalty isn't going to hurt Templar much because few will be slower than her to take advantage of that.                                                               

Yokai:                                                               
HP:   5540   (PCHP:)   109.54%   MP:   597                                                
STR:    61   VIT:   56   INT:   91   MND:   91   DEX:   66                                    
P.Atk:   104   #Hits:   11                                                      
P.Def:   209                                                            
M.Atk:   241   Mult:   3.5                                                      
M.Def:   241                                                            
Aim:   103   Eva%:   25                                                      
Physical Durability:   118.54%                                                            
Magical Durability:   181.88%                                                            

Equipment:   Ice Rod, Pentacle, Circlet, Magus Robe, Adamant Gauntlets                                                            

Attack:   (451 with Katana, 1011 with Gun)                                                            

Abilities:                                                               
Lust (20MP): 50% chance (higher in practice) to charm all enemies.                                                               
Gluttony (20MP): All allies enter Gluttony state. While in Gluttony state, damage taken becomes HP recovery, but exceeding max HP will result in KO                                                               
Avarice (3BP): Absorb 1BP from all foes                                                               
Sloth (99MP): Full MT dispel on foes and they become weak to all elements.                                                               
Wrath (20MP): Has a 75% chance (higher in practice) of inflicting Berserk on all enemies.                                                               
Envy (99MP): Full MT dispel on foes and lowers their P/M.Atk and P/M.Def by 25%                                                               
Pride (99MP): Full MT Dispel on foes and raises P/M.Atk and P/M.Def by 25%                                                               
Thundaja (99MP): 2685 damage, 120 power, 3.6x mult thunder magic attack on all foes.                                                               
Blizzaja (99MP): 2769 damage, 120 power, 3.6x mult Ice magic attack on all foes.                                                               
Firaja (99MP): 2702 damage. 120 power, 3.6x mult fire magic attack on all foes.                                                               
Aeroja (99MP): 2685 damage. 120 power, 3.6x mult wind magic attack on all foes.                                                               
Acid Breath (2BP): (1090 Damage w/ Katana) 2x physical attack on all foes that lowers P/M.Def by 25%                                                               
Three Blades (2BP): Attack on all foes that has a 50% (higher in practice) of doing one-half of targets max HP in damage.                                                               
Consume Life (2BP): (2180 damage w Katana) Unleash 4 attacks against random foes (each has a 1x mult). Each hit also has a 50% chance of inflicting Instant Death                                                               
Disguise (8MP): Assume job of chosen target, including access to all job commands (IF the Disguised PC has sufficient job level in the class in question). Can exit at any time with Reveal Self.                                                               

Passives:                                                               
Obliteration (1): Instantly inflict Instant-Death on enemies 20 or more levels below user at the beginning of combat (before actions are input)                                                               
Echo (2): 25% chance to follow up a spell with an additional duplicated spell at no cost... an Echo CAN trigger off itself, making it effectively a 36% instead of 25% damage boost on average                                                               
Awakening (1): Allows user to gain BP towards job level 11 when equipped (I assumed everyone used this)                                                               

Notes:                                                               
Pdef Optimized: 243 Pdef, 155 Mdef                                                               
Katana: 545 base damage physicals, +15% crit (24% crit chance)                                                               
Dual rods: 3442 “Ja” spells, 152 Pdef, 193 Mdef [Or 186 Pdef, 107 Mdef]                                                               
Dual Falcon Knives: 81 Agi, Either 152 Pdef/193 Mdef [Or 186 Pdef/107 Mdef]                                                               
M2380 Gun weapon: 1148 damage, Either 152 Pdef/193 Mdef [Or 186 Pdef/107 Mdef]                                                               
Magic damage buffs: Envy adds 299 damage per spell, Pride adds 617 damage per spell.                                                               
Katana Attack buffs: Envy Adds 223 base damage with Katana, Pride adds 359.                                                               
Gun Attack Buffs: Envy adds 223 base damage, Pride adds 510 per Pride                                                               

3-turn Damage:                                                               

Blitzing:                                                               
4 (5 with Echo) x  Ja spells: 13846 magic damage (17214 with two rods)                                                               
Sloth, 3 (4 with Echo) x Ja-spells: 16615 magic damage (20657 with two rods)                                                               

Comments: Yokai's best strategy is spamming Blizzajas or Firajas. If elemental resistance is in play, using Sloth to overwrite them (and boost Yokai's damage!) is the way to go. Otherwise if magic won't cut it, Falcon Knife speed boosted Instant Death might. Failing THAT, use a Katana or gun and Envy to boost durability/damage, Consume Life to deal physical damage, and Gluttony as a sort of one-shot pseudo-healing.                                                               

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 05:12:15 AM »
Pyro, about what Attack/Magic did bosses have in BS? For basing defense/magic defense on in-game effect, I could see given them some weight.
...into the nightfall.