Author Topic: RPGDL 2014 Season 2, Week 4  (Read 1414 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
RPGDL 2014 Season 2, Week 4
« on: July 01, 2014, 07:37:58 AM »
Godlike

Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X)
Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Rika (Phantasy Star IV)

Heavy

Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) vs Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)
Emelia(SaGa Frontier) vs Mesarthim (SaGa Frontier)

Middle

Mystic Knight (Final Fantasy V) vs Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)
Bronzong (Pokémon) vs Anastasia Romanov (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)

Light

Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series) vs Irenes (Chrono Cross)
Draggy (Chrono Cross) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3)

Additionally, please suggest games for Data Mining. 
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL 2014 Season 2, Week 4
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 01:25:22 PM »
Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X) - 4D Pocket. Alternatively, Agony Effect+Tank Drop should drop Yuna on average (since Belial's quite accurate).
Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Rika (Phantasy Star IV) - This is a very strong kneejerk. Katrina -barely- lands a 2HKO on Rika and eventually she surpasses her speed even post-Saner, and by a significant margin, which means she'll start eating into Rika's resources pretty fast eventually and land a double well before death (especially with the ST spoiling). Rika has a shot (and a pretty good one at that!) if you see Katrina as vulnerable to Illusion, but even though she's vulnerable to stat downs in her own game, I have problems swallowing Rika doing that to a boss given what happens if you try that in PS4. I'm just not sure.

Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) vs Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) - Uh I don't think trying to cancelspam two targets is going to work out too swell here, Levin.
Emelia (SaGa Frontier) vs Mesarthim (SaGa Frontier) - Well, Emelia 2HKOs Mes with Trick Shot (or crit BoundShot+non-crit BoundShot) and is significantly faster to begin with. Mes can try to HideRune, but that meets whatever the name of that awful MT gun skill is (YES). Mes also could go for GlassShield, but Emelia just equips one of those guns with like 30 bullets to prevent untimely low-speed recharges and troll the hell out of it. VitalityRune is pretty damn risky as a bet to avoid a 2HKO due to Emelia's spiky damage (giving her two turns out in the open on average means death for Mes)... so, her best shot is landing Cockatrice. Which probably already isn't turn one on average. Against Emelia's above average status resist. Iunno, guys. I'm not going to be -too- inclined to make judgment calls for the mermaid this week, considering how her win against Cthulhu was already pretty uncertain (even though I -voted- for her and the way I take a few systemic calls gives her an advantage in that particular fight).

Mystic Knight (Final Fantasy V) vs Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) - Lives to see a second turn. Blocker is a nice thought, but it ain't enough.
Bronzong (Pokémon) vs Anastasia Romanov (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - Uh, HP-1 means Bronzong can't really let Ana see a second turn ever. I think this is kinda sketchy a proposition.

Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series) vs Irenes (Chrono Cross) - Probably Irénes. Ilyana getting doubled off that pdur is baaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
Draggy (Chrono Cross) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) - eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew Draggy offense and poison vulnerability against Melody.

For data mining: Pokémon XY, even if just for number checking (we don't even have a stat topic, so...).
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 02:11:26 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 02:19:48 PM »
Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X) - 4D Pocket. Alternatively, Agony Effect+Tank Drop should drop Yuna on average (since Belial's quite accurate).

Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) vs Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) - Uh I don't think trying to cancelspam two targets is going to work out too swell here, Levin.
Emelia (SaGa Frontier) vs Mesarthim (SaGa Frontier) - Well, Emelia 2HKOs Mes with Trick Shot (or crit BoundShot+non-crit BoundShot) and is significantly faster to begin with. Mes can try to HideRune, but that meets whatever the name of that awful MT gun skill is (YES). Mes also could go for GlassShield, but Emelia just equips one of those guns with like 30 bullets to prevent untimely low-speed recharges and troll the hell out of it. VitalityRune is pretty damn risky as a bet to avoid a 2HKO due to Emelia's spiky damage (giving her two turns out in the open on average means death for Mes)... so, her best shot is landing Cockatrice. Which probably already isn't turn one on average. Against Emelia's above average status resist. Iunno, guys. I'm not going to be -too- inclined to make judgment calls for the mermaid this week, considering how her win against Cthulhu was already pretty uncertain (even though I -voted- for her and the way I take a few systemic calls gives her an advantage in that particular fight).

Mystic Knight (Final Fantasy V) vs Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)
Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series) vs Irenes (Chrono Cross) -
Draggy (Chrono Cross) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) - eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew Draggy offense and poison vulnerability against Melody.

Looks right. Data mine: BD.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 05:54:25 PM »
Godlike
Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X) - Yeah even without 4D Pocket this really isn't Yuna's fight.
Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Rika (Phantasy Star IV) - Yeah I have my doubts about this one but balance of interps favors fearburger.

Heavy

Emelia(SaGa Frontier) vs Mesarthim (SaGa Frontier) - See Snow, really.

Middle

Mystic Knight (Final Fantasy V) vs Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) - The usual MK getting multiple turns.
Bronzong (Pokémon) vs Anastasia Romanov (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - The usual Ana getting to doing things to people.

Light

Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series) vs Irenes (Chrono Cross) - Ilyana9 likely dies horribly, 10... may have a shot?  Nah probably not, she still gets effectively two-rounded and goes second.
Draggy (Chrono Cross) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) - CC against the distortion, that'll work.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 07:59:49 PM by Random Consonant »

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 09:47:13 PM »

Godlike

Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X) - Belial is the hero Godlike deserves.

Middle

Bronzong (Pokémon) vs Anastasia Romanov (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)  And yet another euthanized.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 02:21:06 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Mystic Knight (Final Fantasy V)
vs Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)

Light

Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series) vs Irenes (Chrono Cross)- Too bad a cool mage like Serra isn't here instead.
...into the nightfall.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 02:47:34 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

All really straightforward matches this week.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 06:17:19 AM »

Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X): Straightforward.
Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Rika (Phantasy Star IV): She 2HKOs, so Rika's only hope for victory requires Illusion... but there are a lot of problems there. (1) Illusion doesn't work on bosses in its home game. (2) PS4 debuffs are overwritten by buffs, and Katrina buffs her speed constantly. And hell towards the end of the fight, Illusion may not be enough anyway.

Heavy

Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) vs Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga): Yep.
Emelia(SaGa Frontier) vs Mesarthim (SaGa Frontier): I think Snow outlines this pretty well.

Middle

Mystic Knight (Final Fantasy V) vs Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis): Break Sword rides again.
Bronzong (Pokémon) vs Anastasia Romanov (Shadow Hearts: Covenant): Status hell, version faster.

Light

Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series) vs Irenes (Chrono Cross): Actually very close, as Ilyana hits a slight weakness with forged Fire and allllmost 2HKOs. Just misses, though, so Irenes can double then win on her second turn.
Draggy (Chrono Cross) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3): Draggy needs 4 turns to win this, and is short of a 4-3, and can't block poison.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 07:51:11 AM »
Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X) - Not really a fan of the speed hype the stat topic gives Belial (certainly doesn't pan out that well in-game!) and she needs to insta-double a pretty fast character to win.  That said I never pinned down any consistent numbers myself so meh.

Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series) vs Irenes (Chrono Cross) I'll trust Elf's claim.

Data mining: Since nobody else is proposing anything...  in the "never ever going to get ranked but kinda interesting to know playership numbers for how evil it is to nominate for Futurama" category...

Sands of Destruction
Luminous Arc
Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 02:01:38 PM »
Quote from: SnowFire
Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X) - Not really a fan of the speed hype the stat topic gives Belial (certainly doesn't pan out that well in-game!) and she needs to insta-double a pretty fast character to win.  That said I never pinned down any consistent numbers myself so meh.

This is generally because nobody in their sane mind ever lets her stick around all day without Slow Down slapped on her neck. Look at the turn gauge as soon as the fight begins, she trades turns with -the party-. The best that can happen is her not instantly doubling Jude at the start (by the numbers, she's on the borderline of doubling him. Off my memories on the turn gauge, she constantly 3-2s him at worst. Oh, and Jude is -considerably- faster than Yuna, especially turn one - 138% against 119% average). Doubling Arnaud instantly is almost a given (I've had that happen to me! That cost me a reset once). Double-penalizing bosses for facing debuffs is about as egregious to me as double-factoring elemental weakness into boss durability.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 03:54:01 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 03:48:43 PM »
Godlike

Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X) - I don't really think I allow 4D Pocket, but I'm not sure it matters? Well, I guess it does because if Yuna can summon the Magus Sisters Belial is probably fucked.
Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Rika (Phantasy Star IV) - No vote, but hopefully Katrina beats Belial!

Heavy

Emelia(SaGa Frontier) vs Mesarthim (SaGa Frontier) - Wedding Dress Hype

Middle

Bronzong (Pokémon) vs Anastasia Romanov (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - Middle Champ imo

Light

Additionally, please suggest games for Data Mining.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2014, 08:29:08 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) vs Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)- In theory I guess Levin could manage (has magic, as a kneejerk I suspect Cancel Strike's secondary effect would still kick in?) but that's a lot of completely tying down his opponents with no margin for error.

Middle

Light

Data Mine

Final Fantasy Dimensions
Romancing SaGa
Child of Light

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2014, 02:27:03 AM »
In fairness, Belial probably isn't as fast turn 1 (well, she may be. Scythe certainly isn't!).
...into the nightfall.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 11:03:04 PM »
Scythe is hurt by having that weird PC initiative thing where Jude always gets the first turn. It's not -terribly- relevant in-game (since that first turn's often being used to smash furniture and open way to Scythe), but it's horrible for him in the DL.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2014, 11:21:24 PM »
Godlike

Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X) - So...realizing that, under my uniqueness clause, first-strike staves are unique to Yuna, she gets one.  Now, do I see Aeons immune to 4D pocket or not?  Probably not, since they can be banished in-game.  Mmmm...probably giving it to Belial, since she'll get in a EXA at some point...although I suppose it would be funny to see half her Aeon...wait, Magus Sisters.  Nevermind. 
Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Rika (Phantasy Star IV) - Rika can't break the shield

Heavy

Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) vs Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) - Boss
Emelia(SaGa Frontier) vs Mesarthim (SaGa Frontier) - Uh...boss?

Middle

Mystic Knight (Final Fantasy V) vs Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) - I...mmm...Aroma material actually probably isn't enough? 
Bronzong (Pokémon) vs Anastasia Romanov (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) - Sings, and summons the might of Christopher Lloyd.

Light

Data Mining: Sword of Vermillion, Last Scenario, Diablo 2, Exit Fate
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 06:36:19 AM »
Godlike

Belial (Wild ARMs 4)- iiiiiiii vs Yuna (Final Fantasy X)- i
Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF)- iiiiiii vs Rika (Phantasy Star IV)

Heavy

Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) vs Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)- iiiiiiii
Emelia(SaGa Frontier)- iiiiiiiii vs Mesarthim (SaGa Frontier)

Middle

Mystic Knight (Final Fantasy V)- iiiiiiii vs Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)- i
Bronzong (Pokémon) vs Anastasia Romanov (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)- iiiiiiiiii

Light

Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series) vs Irenes (Chrono Cross)- iiiiiiiii
Draggy (Chrono Cross) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3)- iiiiiiiii

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 03:36:14 AM »
Late of course, but... The entire party gets first strike against Scythe (though he also gets a RFX UP status which ensures he gets like four turns in a row after that... I ignored both of these facts when I made the stat topic at the time though likely wouldn't now? Wooo interpretations of the DL shifting to be more and more literal). This is not true of Belial whose speed is entirely literal (she'll doubleturn Arnaud immediately in virtually any party*, and Jude is possible depending on his level/class level.

I don't think it makes much sense to punish Belial's speed over the first two turns when Arnaud can't even influence those in-game...

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.