Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM 2017- Round 1, Topic 5  (Read 1491 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM 2017- Round 1, Topic 5
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 01:41:22 PM »
Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark vs .hack//Link- Carl’s Theme - Both way more low key than I expected for these two games.  I'm not sure if I'm totally sold on Carl's Theme, but kinda wanna see how it stacks up against other songs later.
Final Fantasy XV- Veiled in Black vs Terranigma- The Way Home -  Oh my, it's the KH Extra Boss mode.  That's always fun.  I feel like the Terranigma theme started out promising but the shift to "drifting along the clouds" mode makes me think this song works infinitely better in context, for all it's solid. 
True Love- Ending Theme vs Dark Souls 2- Majula - Atmosphere is just kinda working on this one,
Xenosaga Jenseits von Gut und Bose- Fatal Fight vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign - The electronic opening bit of Fatal Fight goes on sooooo long, at least in this version (I seem to recall XS3 has like five variants on Fatal Fight).  Holy Demon War's solid enough.

Suikoden- Island Fortress vs Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus -  Loop on Island Fortress is just too short.  I feel like it's begging for a Suikoden 1 remake that takes it as a base, adds a second movement, that sorta thing.  Battle with Magus is Battle with Magus.
Suikoden II- The Chase vs Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire- Battle! Zinnia - Man, tempted to vote Zinnia just because it's so dramatically unPokémon.  Feels more like a Mitsuda or maybe even Shimomura bit.  Gotta say though, The Chase so utterly captures the marathon against Luca it's hard to vote against it so early as well.  I think I lean veeerrrryyyy slightly towards Zinnia as a pure song but damn do I wanna replay Suikoden II now.
NieR- The Wretched Automatons vs Xenoblade Chronicles- You Will Know Our Names-  I'm listening to You Will Know Our Names and getting little tingles from the change in intensity through the different instrument switches.  I'm listening to Wretched Automatons and suddenly thinking... in NieR's world, the only lasting remnant of human civilization, after the events of the game, are uniformly the tools of war.  A living weapon, a race of sentient simulacra, who knows how many automated drones in other abandoned ... okay yeah NieR wins but holy shit this is a brutal pool for the first round.
Final Fantasy X-2 – 1000 Words Orchestral vs Disgaea: Hour of Darkness- Planet X - Kneejerk.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 05:42:21 PM »
Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark vs .hack//Link- Carl’s Theme - while Love-Colored Master Spark is something I like arrangements of, the actual track itself not so much.  That said it's more fun than the other thing so sure.
Final Fantasy XV- Veiled in Black vs Terranigma- The Way Home - I heard Shimomura hype.  Other track is decent though.
True Love- Ending Theme vs Dark Souls 2- Majula - Both of these exist I guess?  Gonna give it to Sakuraba not being a hot mess.
Xenosaga Jenseits von Gut und Bose- Fatal Fight vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign - More ok.

Suikoden- Island Fortress vs Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus - I guess?  I'm gonna be heretical and say Battle with Magus is actually pretty meh but it's good enough to beat the other thing.
Suikoden II- The Chase vs Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire- Battle! Zinnia - Man, the pokemon track is not what I expected at all.  It's good but the percussion kind of tries to drown out the parts that actually make it good.  Meanwhile I gotta second the "man I kind of want to replay Suiko2 now" sentiment.
NieR- The Wretched Automatons vs Xenoblade Chronicles- You Will Know Our Names - The XBC track kind of feels like FF6's boss music into knocked up some other thing's OP or something and I'm not sure I care for it all that much.  Meanwhile The Wretched Automatons is The Wretched Automatons.
Final Fantasy X-2 – 1000 Words Orchestral vs Disgaea: Hour of Darkness- Planet X - Then again, the XBC track also crushes either of these handily as well.  Going the one that doesn't venture into ear bleed territory.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 10:40:57 PM by Random Consonant »

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 10:12:45 PM »
Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark vs .hack//Link- Carl’s Theme
Final Fantasy XV- Veiled in Black vs Terranigma- The Way Home
True Love- Ending Theme vs Dark Souls 2- Majula
Xenosaga Jenseits von Gut und Bose- Fatal Fight vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign

Suikoden- Island Fortress vs Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus
Suikoden II- The Chase vs Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire- Battle! Zinnia
NieR- The Wretched Automatons vs Xenoblade Chronicles- You Will Know Our Names
Final Fantasy X-2 – 1000 Words Orchestral vs Disgaea: Hour of Darkness- Planet X

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 12:15:07 AM »
Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark vs .hack//Link- Carl’s Theme - Neither of these are much in my opinion, but at least Love-Colored Master Spark is less aggressively tiresome.
Final Fantasy XV- Veiled in Black vs Terranigma- The Way Home - Not familiar with either, but I enjoy the mellowness of the The Way Home.
True Love- Ending Theme vs Dark Souls 2- Majula - I'll take an okay piano piece over more Dark Souls mehness. I've not been impressed of what I've heard of the OSTs in this tournament.
Xenosaga Jenseits von Gut und Bose- Fatal Fight vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign - No comment.

Suikoden- Island Fortress vs Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus Just a really tough draw for Island Fortress.
Suikoden II- The Chase vs Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire- Battle! Zinnia - That's the best Pokemon music I've ever heard, but sadly that's not a high bar for me. The Chase takes it by a mile.
Final Fantasy X-2 – 1000 Words Orchestral vs Disgaea: Hour of Darkness- Planet X - Own nom bias plus not being on board with the whole pop song vibe right off.
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

LordDirtyBrit

• The British Whiner
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Twitter account
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 01:47:33 AM »
Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark vs .hack//Link- Carl’s Theme - Both were pretty solid, though I felt that the harmony between the instruments and vocals in the latter won me over.
Final Fantasy XV- Veiled in Black vs Terranigma- The Way Home - I like the tone created by The Way Home, but damn is Shimomura a goddess with that violin and piano combination.
True Love- Ending Theme vs Dark Souls 2- Majula - I'm not a big fan of ending themes in any game really. I admired the atmosphere which was created by Majula, though I'm not sure how it would compare to other songs in the tournament.
Xenosaga Jenseits von Gut und Bose- Fatal Fight vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign - Okay, having the intro footage to back the song up gave it an easy win.

Suikoden- Island Fortress vs Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus - The instruments in Island Fortress are nice, but I don't feel that the song goes anywhere. Having Battle with Magus as your competition is also a huge blow against the track in my eyes, it captures the atmosphere of the stadium perfectly and it has aged extremely well despite the SNES soundfont.
Suikoden II- The Chase vs Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire- Battle! Zinnia - Zinnia's battle theme is one of ORAS' stronger pieces, though the harmony between instruments in The Chase sounds way more consistent.
NieR- The Wretched Automatons vs Xenoblade Chronicles- You Will Know Our Names - Both are pretty excellent pieces, though You Will Know Our Names screams modern classic to me. It manages to work both in-game and as a stand-alone song.
Final Fantasy X-2 – 1000 Words Orchestral vs Disgaea: Hour of Darkness- Planet X - Neither were great, but 1000 Words was way too cheesy for my liking.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 05:20:00 AM »
Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark  vs  .hack//Link- Carl’s Theme - Touhou music kinda works okay in the abstract for me, but putting it up against anything, let alone a song I like, doesn't work.
 Final Fantasy XV- Veiled in Black  vs  Terranigma- The Way Home - Liking the atmosphere set by this one. FF15 one doesn't really stand out against any similar kind of song.
 True Love- Ending Theme vs  Dark Souls 2- Majula - On the other hand, Majula is okay but probably works better in game. Just TOO mellow standalone. And wait... True Love? The 90's erogame? Ha. Nice.
 Xenosaga Jenseits von Gut und Bose- Fatal Fight  vs  Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign - Susumu Hirasawa is a god. It does suck though, cause I do like Fatal Fight.

Suikoden- Island Fortress  vs  Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus  
 Suikoden II- The Chase  vs  Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire- Battle! Zinnia - I'm not overflowing with sentimentality for The Chase even though I <3 S2. Zinnia wins even though I want to yell SLOW DOWN because it might be an amazing track if it didn't rush itself.
 NieR- The Wretched Automatons  vs  Xenoblade Chronicles- You Will Know Our Names - This is unfair, I really like both of these. Love XBC track's effective transitions, but man, Nier/Drakengard vocal tracks are too stronk.
 Final Fantasy X-2 – 1000 Words Orchestral  vs  Disgaea: Hour of Darkness- Planet X - No vote, apathy.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 05:23:06 AM by Hunter Sopko »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 05:23:25 AM »
I've been far too busy/lazy to spend time listening to new songs like they deserve, but wait, here's a half-pool I can vote on already!

Suikoden- Island Fortress vs Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus: Pretty easy for me. Battle with Magus was a song I got very obsessed over for a time in the mid 90's. I played Suikoden within a few months of Chrono Trigger and nothing from that soundtrack had anywhere near that effect on me.
Suikoden II- The Chase vs Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire- Battle! Zinnia: Y'know, I like S2. I like S2's music. I like the Luca sequence. But... The Chase doesn't really do much for me. It's fine, but it doesn't make or really capture the scene for me, it's pretty much just the Highland Army theme turned into a battle theme. Which is fine, but nothing special. Zinnia is pretty memorably unusually good for Pokemon music to me, so it gets my vote.
NieR- The Wretched Automatons vs Xenoblade Chronicles- You Will Know Our Names: The Xenoblade boss themes are decent but I don't really dig them. Something about their style just doesn't quite get my excited enough (though maybe that's just my low opinion of Xenoblade's actual boss fights bleeding through). On the other hand, this is just another extremely effective setting piece for Nier. Like XB I often find Nier doens't particularly play to my biases, it's just so damn effective anyway that it doesn't matter.
Final Fantasy X-2 – 1000 Words Orchestral vs Disgaea: Hour of Darkness- Planet X: Don't care for the X-2 track, whereas the electronic angel battle theme worked shockingly well for me. Not an all-time favourite, but still effective. And like Xenoblade I have no fond memories of Disgaea's actual combat, so the fact that this song succeeds so well in my mind says something good about it I think.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

MasterLemon

• N. Sane
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Discord where me and my brother whine about movies!
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 01:29:33 AM »
Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark vs .hack//Link- Carl’s Theme: Both are solid, although I believe that the vocals used in the latter make the song very relaxing. Meaning it gets the point from me.
Final Fantasy XV- Veiled in Black vs Terranigma- The Way Home: I believe that Veiled in Black does a better job at being an energetic piece than The Way Home does at being a mood piece.
True Love- Ending Theme vs Dark Souls 2- Majula: True Love's ending theme doesn't do much for me. Majula does a good job both at being atmospheric and making me giggle due to a video on YouTube which used it.
Xenosaga Jenseits von Gut und Bose- Fatal Fight vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign: Neither song really does it for me. The Berserk one takes less time to get going though.

Suikoden- Island Fortress vs Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus: I think merely saying Battle with Magus ends the competition already. Island Fortress is short and rather generic. Battle with Magus was a masterpiece both in 1995 and 2017.
Suikoden II- The Chase vs Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire- Battle! Zinnia: Both songs are solid. Zinnia's battle theme is rather unconventional for Pokemon music, which is a plus, I'd like The Chase more if it got going quicker.
NieR- The Wretched Automatons vs Xenoblade Chronicles- You Will Know Our Names: I like the minimalistic approach going for the NieR song, even though You Will Know Our Name is one of my favourite songs from any game. Sadly, the latter is the one which wins for me.
Final Fantasy X-2 – 1000 Words Orchestral vs Disgaea: Hour of Darkness- Planet X: I'm not big on either, but Planet X isn't crappy karaoke.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 06:59:02 PM »
Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark vs .hack//Link- Carl’s Theme  - hmm...no real reason, I just like Master Spark more.
Final Fantasy XV- Veiled in Black vs Terranigma- The Way Home - own nom support, though the competition is hardly bad
True Love- Ending Theme vs Dark Souls 2- Majula  - I tend to like piano pieces
Xenosaga Jenseits von Gut und Bose- Fatal Fight vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign  - they feel kinda similar as pieces to me. The XS one grabbed me more.

Suikoden- Island Fortress vs Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus - The buildup alone to Battle with Magus is a better song than Island Fortress. This isn't a knock on Island Fortress, Magus's Theme is just THAT well composed.
Suikoden II- The Chase vs Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire- Battle! Zinnia - This is rough. I like The Chase a lot, but Zinnia's battle is just great at keeping the energy going.
NieR- The Wretched Automatons vs Xenoblade Chronicles- You Will Know Our Names - the Nier track starts weaker but finishes stronger. Normally the start is more important to me, but this time the ending is stronger enough.
Final Fantasy X-2 – 1000 Words Orchestral vs Disgaea: Hour of Darkness- Planet X - in a techno mood today apparently
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 07:48:33 PM »
Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark vs .hack//Link- Carl’s Theme  I like the cute, playful, feel of this one.  I'm also highly biased.  Taste the Love.
Final Fantasy XV- Veiled in Black vs Terranigma- The Way Home  Like the mood of this more.  Other track has quality too.
True Love- Ending Theme vs Dark Souls 2- Majula  Both are decent in their own ways.  Close.  Tiebreaking for variety in the next round, I think there's already going to be a Dark Souls track in round two.  Also, I enjoy well done synth.
Xenosaga Jenseits von Gut und Bose- Fatal Fight vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign  Xenosaga made the more favorable first impression since it brought to mind Sanctuary from Metroid Prime 2.  Giving vote to Berserk because I feel it's more cohesive throughout.

Suikoden- Island Fortress vs Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus  I find Island Fortress likeable even if it is generic.  Tough draw: Magus theme still brings a smile to me when I hear it somewhere.
Suikoden II- The Chase vs Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire- Battle! Zinnia  The Chase translates OK to FF6 soundfont.  Like other track a bit better.
NieR- The Wretched Automatons vs Xenoblade Chronicles- You Will Know Our Names  I suppose I'll go along with NieR hype.  Other track I'm not sure what it's trying to do.
Final Fantasy X-2 – 1000 Words Orchestral vs Disgaea: Hour of Darkness- Planet X   Surprise.  Vocals tend to be really hit or miss with me.  I was wanting 1000 Words to be over (it is miles better than Eyes on Me though).

Favorite "new" piece: The Way Home  (shrug)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 02:17:22 AM by DragonKnight Zero »

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2017, 10:08:50 PM »
Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark vs .hack//Link- Carl’s Theme: Not one of my favorites from Imperishable Night, but still an easy win.
Final Fantasy XV- Veiled in Black vs Terranigma- The Way Home: I like this mood better right now.
True Love- Ending Theme vs Dark Souls 2- Majula: Sure, I can go with something different here. Majula never made much impression on me in-game either.
Xenosaga Jenseits von Gut und Bose- Fatal Fight vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign: Hatebot would make me choose between Kajiura and Hirasawa round one. His anime Berserk work would probably take this, but I don't think this track does.

Suikoden- Island Fortress vs Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus: It's rare that Suikoden music stands out to me. This is not one of those occasions. Also, it's vs. one of the all-time great boss themes.
Suikoden II- The Chase vs Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire- Battle! Zinnia: Sure.
NieR- The Wretched Automatons vs Xenoblade Chronicles- You Will Know Our Names: Is Wretched Automatons. I dig the guitar, though.
Final Fantasy X-2 – 1000 Words Orchestral vs Disgaea: Hour of Darkness- Planet X: I haven't heard 1000 Words before, but I wouldn't be inclined to call it among Square's best vocal pieces.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2017, 11:37:46 PM »
Pretty good pool this time, some of the losers here are better than winners in Pool 4.

Don't have strong feelings on either.
I love both of these, and considered nom'ing The Way Home myself.  On one hand, while The Way Home is very good in context, I don't want to vote just for the context being good (lest it become a "favorite scenes" tourney not a "favorite music" tourney).  On the other hand, Veiled in Black has a shorter loop, which is a good tiebreaker in general since keeping interest over a long period of time is harder - although I never got tired of Veiled in Black in-game.  Eh, abstain, I like both a ton.
Sure.
Xenosaga Jenseits von Gut und Bose- Fatal Fight vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign
Kajiura.  (Sign is cool though.)

Island Fortress has a pretty nice vibe, though.
As per others, Zinnia *is* cool and unexpected for Pokemon music.
XBC music is pretty cool, though.
Final Fantasy X-2 – 1000 Words Orchestral vs Disgaea: Hour of Darkness- Planet X
Full list of music from FFX-2 worth caring about: Eternity.

Technetium43

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2017, 06:01:19 PM »

Too lazy to actually comment on any of them. @_@

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2017, 04:00:20 AM »
Final Fantasy XV- Veiled in Black vs Terranigma- The Way Home - Super tough choice here. My second most favorite track from Terranigma vs. quality Shimomura.
 I'll give this to The Way Home for the nostalgia factor.
True Love- Ending Theme vs Dark Souls 2- Majula -Ohhh the ambience!
Xenosaga Jenseits von Gut und Bose- Fatal Fight vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign - Fatal Fight could have won this if a better version is picked.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 04:06:44 AM »
Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark vs .hack//Link- Carl’s Theme - Carl's theme is nice but I love Master Spark so this was an easy choice.
Final Fantasy XV- Veiled in Black vs Terranigma- The Way Home - I think? though choice.
True Love- Ending Theme vs Dark Souls 2- Majula - Majula's subtlety wins out here.

Suikoden II- The Chase vs Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire- Battle! Zinnia - not familiar with this one. it was a pleasant surprise.
NieR- The Wretched Automatons vs Xenoblade Chronicles- You Will Know Our Names - the buildup to the trumpet solo the guitar riff after the trumpet solo is SO good.  I'm a sucker for long intros and this one delivers bigtime.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 10:32:59 PM »
Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark vs .hack//Link- Carl’s Theme - Two very different songs.  I'd take Carl's Theme over most of the songs in the last couple weeks, but I prefer Marisa :)
Final Fantasy XV- Veiled in Black vs Terranigma- The Way Home - Like them both.  Like above, the one I didn't vote for would beat a lot of stuff previously...
True Love- Ending Theme vs Dark Souls 2- Majula - Man, what is it with this week.  See the last 2!
Xenosaga Jenseits von Gut und Bose- Fatal Fight vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign - One of the few really rockin' songs from XS3.  Berserk is still good though

Suikoden- Island Fortress vs Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus - Ok, this isn't a close one
Suikoden II- The Chase vs Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire- Battle! Zinnia  - In the minority here, but never a huge fan of most Suikoden music (other than 4), and the Luca Blight stuff works, but doesn't inspire me like others
NieR- The Wretched Automatons vs Xenoblade Chronicles- You Will Know Our Names - Neither inspires me much
Final Fantasy X-2 – 1000 Words Orchestral vs Disgaea: Hour of Darkness- Planet X - Never a fan of Planet X, just...too cacophony-ish for me
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2017, 03:01:56 AM »
Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark  vs  .hack//Link- Carl’s Theme
Final Fantasy XV- Veiled in Black  vs  Terranigma- The Way Home
True Love- Ending Theme  vs  Dark Souls 2- Majula
Xenosaga Jenseits von Gut und Bose- Fatal Fight  vs  Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign

Suikoden- Island Fortress  vs  Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus
Suikoden II- The Chase  vs  Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire- Battle! Zinnia
NieR- The Wretched Automatons  vs  Xenoblade Chronicles- You Will Know Our Names
Final Fantasy X-2 – 1000 Words Orchestral  vs  Disgaea: Hour of Darkness- Planet X

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2017, 07:24:53 AM »
- Hmm, this one is actually pretty close...
- Also pretty close.
- Solid pool continues...
- Still good.

- These are both good too.
- It keeps happening.
- Probably the least close match so far but only because The Wretched Automatons is genius.  You Will Know Our Names is also really good and would probably win against most other stuff here.
- I actually like both of these too...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 10:23:39 PM by Talaysen »

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2017, 03:51:21 PM »
Imperishable Night- Love-Colored Master Spark- iiiiiiiiii vs .hack//Link- Carl’s Theme - iiiiii
Final Fantasy XV- Veiled in Black- iiiiii vs Terranigma- The Way Home - iiiiiiiiii
True Love- Ending Theme- iiiiiiii vs Dark Souls 2- Majula - iiiiiiiii
Xenosaga Jenseits von Gut und Bose- Fatal Fight- iiiiii vs Berserk Millennium Empire Arc: Chapter of the Holy Demon War- Sign - iiiiiiiiiii

Suikoden- Island Fortress- i vs Chrono Trigger- Battle with Magus - iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Suikoden II- The Chase- iiiiiiii vs Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire- Battle! Zinnia - iiiiiiiiii
NieR- The Wretched Automatons- iiiiiiiiiiiiii vs Xenoblade Chronicles- You Will Know Our Names - iiii
Final Fantasy X-2 – 1000 Words Orchestral- iiiiii vs Disgaea: Hour of Darkness- Planet X - iiiiiiiiiii
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.