Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Round 2, Pools 11&12~  (Read 3634 times)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Round 2, Pools 11&12~
« on: May 22, 2010, 06:52:22 AM »

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Round 2, Pools 11&12~
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 11:25:19 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Super Robot Wars Original Generations - Dark Prison VS. Tales of Legendia - To Deliver the Feelings
No More Heroes - No More No More Heroes VS. Etrian Odyssey - Labyrinth I - The Green Green Woodlands
Chrono Trigger - Secret of the Forest VS. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - The Tragic Prince
Advance Wars Days of Ruin - Hope Never Dies VS. Skies of Arcadia - Battle

Tales of the Abyss - The Imperial City - Grand Chokmah VS. Legend of Dragoon - If You Still Believe
Ar tonelico - EXEC_LINCA/. VS. Parasite Eve - Primal Eyes
Wild ARMs Alter Code: F - Puzzle VS. Luminous Arc 2 - The Ice Shadow Witch
White Knight Chronicles - White Knight Chronicles ~The Travelers~ VS. Persona 3 - Memories of You

ANIME
Beck - Slip Out -A Little More than Before- VS. Umineko no Naku Koro ni - One Winged Bird
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Sora Iro Days VS. Noir - Chloe

ARRANGED
Saga Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "γ" 2 VS. Radiata Stories - RADIATA STORIES Arrange Album - Sign ~Diffuse World~
Phoenix Wright: Trials & Tribulations - Gyakuten Saiban Jazz Album ~Gyakuten Meets Jazz Soul~ - Toranosuke Shibakuzou ~Swingin' Zenitora VS. Super Mario 64 - OCRemix - Super Mario 64 Devastation's Doorway

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 04:10:09 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Super Robot Wars Original Generations - Dark Prison VS. Tales of Legendia - To Deliver the Feelings
No More Heroes - No More No More Heroes VS. Etrian Odyssey - Labyrinth I - The Green Green Woodlands
Chrono Trigger - Secret of the Forest VS. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - The Tragic Prince

Tales of the Abyss - The Imperial City - Grand Chokmah VS. Legend of Dragoon - If You Still Believe
White Knight Chronicles - White Knight Chronicles ~The Travelers~ VS. Persona 3 - Memories of You

ANIME
Beck - Slip Out -A Little More than Before- VS. Umineko no Naku Koro ni - One Winged Bird

ARRANGED
Saga Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "γ" 2 VS. Radiata Stories - RADIATA STORIES Arrange Album - Sign ~Diffuse World~
Phoenix Wright: Trials & Tribulations - Gyakuten Saiban Jazz Album ~Gyakuten Meets Jazz Soul~ - Toranosuke Shibakuzou ~Swingin' Zenitora VS. Super Mario 64 - OCRemix - Super Mario 64 Devastation's Doorway
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 04:11:28 PM »
Chrono Trigger - Secret of the Forest VS. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - The Tragic Prince: Solid enough.
Tales of the Abyss - The Imperial City - Grand Chokmah VS. Legend of Dragoon - If You Still Believe: Hey look it's an RPG vocal that doesn't suck.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 04:39:10 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 03:58:49 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Chrono Trigger - Secret of the Forest VS. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - The Tragic Prince - Oh, hell. These are both awesome.

Tales of the Abyss - The Imperial City - Grand Chokmah VS. Legend of Dragoon - If You Still Believe - Is it too early to call a track "champ-powered"? Cuz, uh...I really like If You Still Believe. A lot.
White Knight Chronicles - White Knight Chronicles ~The Travelers~ VS. Persona 3 - Memories of You - Now here's a good match. This one could go either way, so nom power makes a good tiebreaker.

ANIME

ARRANGED
Saga Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "γ" 2 VS. Radiata Stories - RADIATA STORIES Arrange Album - Sign ~Diffuse World~ - You know, Diffuse World has really grown on me since the last round.
Phoenix Wright: Trials & Tribulations - Gyakuten Saiban Jazz Album ~Gyakuten Meets Jazz Soul~ - Toranosuke Shibakuzou ~Swingin' Zenitora VS. Super Mario 64 - OCRemix - Super Mario 64 Devastation's Doorway - Catchier.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 06:00:54 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 09:23:43 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME
Beck - Slip Out -A Little More than Before- VS. Umineko no Naku Koro ni - One Winged Bird -

ARRANGED
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 09:12:16 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 11:38:49 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Super Robot Wars Original Generations - Dark Prison VS. Tales of Legendia - To Deliver the Feelings - really tough call right off the bat.

Wild ARMs Alter Code: F - Puzzle VS. Luminous Arc 2 - The Ice Shadow Witch - wow, Puzzle really grows on you.
White Knight Chronicles - White Knight Chronicles ~The Travelers~ VS. Persona 3 - Memories of You - very similar in ways.  actually, a lot of similar matchups this round (like SRW and ToL, and CT and Castlevania, or so it seems to me).

ANIME

ARRANGED
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 02:36:04 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Super Robot Wars Original Generations - Dark Prison VS. Tales of Legendia - To Deliver the Feelings- ... I... think.  I'm not happy with voting either of these off and if I sat here long enough I'd probably change my mind two or three times.
Chrono Trigger - Secret of the Forest VS. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - The Tragic Prince- Sure why not.
Advance Wars Days of Ruin - Hope Never Dies VS. Skies of Arcadia - Battle- Sure.

White Knight Chronicles - White Knight Chronicles ~The Travelers~ VS. Persona 3 - Memories of You- Superior vocalist, mostly.

ANIME
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Sora Iro Days VS. Noir - Chloe- In case you haven't been paying attention, I'm going to vote for things Gurren Lagann over all but the best of the best musically.

ARRANGED
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 06:37:01 AM »
I voted for Silent Zone anyway.  Dark Prison is still very good but ToL.  I wonder what I'd do if they ran a music tournament that was just all Kajiura / ToL music.
No More No More No More Heroes?
Fantastic matchup of classics.  Going with one of the better epic rock tracks out there.
Hope should have died to Sweet Song but whatever.

Two very, very different pieces.  Eh, sure, will go for happy harvest music hype I guess, though they're both good in their own ways.
Fun fact: I said "still not really a Tor fan" last round, and Primal Eyes only won via tiebreak.  After that I was reminded that I still hadn't played Iji, and for whatever reason Tor finally clicked with me after hearing it in game.  I'd take back that vote now if I could and vote Tor over both of these, it's great.  That said Primal Eyes is still pretty great scene-setting music.
Easy.
The WKC track is still surprisingly great on a re-listen.

ANIME
Don't really like the Beck tune.
Kajiura.  Though Sora Iro is a worthy competitor.

ARRANGED
Gamma is one of the better SF2 Piano Pieces but Diffuse World is just plain fun.
Devastated.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 07:11:28 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 12:51:37 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Advance Wars Days of Ruin - Hope Never Dies VS. Skies of Arcadia - Battle - Awesome first four match-ups here.

ANIME

ARRANGED
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 11:34:00 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Super Robot Wars Original Generations - Dark Prison VS. Tales of Legendia - To Deliver the Feelings Orchestrastyle can win here, sure.
No More Heroes - No More No More Heroes VS. Etrian Odyssey - Labyrinth I - The Green Green Woodlands: More fun.
Chrono Trigger - Secret of the Forest VS. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - The Tragic Prince: Rawk presently beats atmosphere.
Advance Wars Days of Ruin - Hope Never Dies VS. Skies of Arcadia - Battle: Really wish the sound quality was better, but it's still pretty fun.

Tales of the Abyss - The Imperial City - Grand Chokmah VS. Legend of Dragoon - If You Still Believe: Yeah, this is a fair bit better than LoD deserved.
Ar tonelico - EXEC_LINCA/. VS. Parasite Eve - Primal Eyes: Bleh. Both of these stomp all their neighbors with ease.
Wild ARMs Alter Code: F - Puzzle VS. Luminous Arc 2 - The Ice Shadow Witch: I got real sick of Puzzle in-game.
White Knight Chronicles - White Knight Chronicles ~The Travelers~ VS. Persona 3 - Memories of You: Bleh, Persona vocal tracks.

ANIME
Beck - Slip Out -A Little More than Before- VS. Umineko no Naku Koro ni - One Winged Bird: Doesn't sound like Oasis.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Sora Iro Days VS. Noir - Chloe: Meh, Gurren Lagann music.

ARRANGED
Saga Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "γ" 2 VS. Radiata Stories - RADIATA STORIES Arrange Album - Sign ~Diffuse World~: Greek letters > silly nonsense.
Phoenix Wright: Trials & Tribulations - Gyakuten Saiban Jazz Album ~Gyakuten Meets Jazz Soul~ - Toranosuke Shibakuzou ~Swingin' Zenitora VS. Super Mario 64 - OCRemix - Super Mario 64 Devastation's Doorway: Something cool versus swing. Latter's never been my kind of music.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 12:54:44 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 06:11:51 AM »
This closes some time tomorrow.  Get your votes in now!

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2010, 04:41:28 AM »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2010, 06:15:19 AM »
No More No More No More Heroes

MAIN TOURNAMENT
9 - 3

6 - 8

3 - 12

9 - 5

3 - 12

9 - 4

5 - 8

8 - 5

ANIME
4 - 10

11 - 2

ARRANGED
4 - 7

5 - 6