Register

Author Topic: Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Pool 11~  (Read 5254 times)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Pool 11~
« on: April 25, 2010, 05:30:19 AM »
I think you know the drill by now. Copy the match ups below and bold which song you like better. The names are links to a stream of the song.

If there are any mistakes, please let me know ASAP so we can fix them.

I will put up a new pool every half week and they will all be open for a week as well. If enough people don't like this pace, I am willing to change the schedule, but let's roll with this and see how it goes.

MAIN TOURNAMENT
Super Robot Wars Original Generations - Dark Prison VS. Phantasy Star generation:2 - Silent Zone
Persona 4 - Your Affection VS. Tales of Legendia - To Deliver the Feelings
Gate 88 - Disco Past the Floating Clouds VS. No More Heroes - No More No More Heroes
MapleStory - Pink Bean Battle VS. Etrian Odyssey - Labyrinth I - The Green Green Woodlands

Chrono Trigger - Secret of the Forest VS. Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle) - Metal Harbour
Final Fantasy XIII - Cocoon de Chocobo VS. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - The Tragic Prince
Xenosaga II - Sweet Song VS. Advance Wars Days of Ruin - Hope Never Dies
Skies of Arcadia - Battle VS. Journey to Silius - Stage 1

ANIME
Record of Lodoss War 2 - Sakasama no Niji VS. Beck - Slip Out -A Little More than Before-
Umineko no Naku Koro ni - One Winged Bird VS. Hokuto no Ken - Ai Wo Torimodose

ARRANGED
Saga Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "γ" 2 VS. Mega Man 9 - by Random - Splash Woman Rap
Breath of Fire IV - Breath of Fire IV Original Soundtrack - A Raging Emperors Banquet ~Remix~ VS. Radiata Stories - RADIATA STORIES Arrange Album - Sign ~Diffuse World~

Full pool download
http://www.mediafire.com/?mgicmnmijt2

Voting closes in one week after the time of this post.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 06:06:34 AM by Talaysen »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Pool 11~
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 05:37:55 AM »
Full pool download link is up.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 06:41:16 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Super Robot Wars Original Generations - Dark Prison VS. Phantasy Star generation:2 - Silent Zone - Dark Prison isn't what I'd call a favorite, but it's enough here.
Persona 4 - Your Affection VS. Tales of Legendia - To Deliver the Feelings - Slaughterriffic.
Gate 88 - Disco Past the Floating Clouds VS. No More Heroes - No More No More Heroes - Considerably less lame.
MapleStory - Pink Bean Battle VS. Etrian Odyssey - Labyrinth I - The Green Green Woodlands - Pink Bean was much better than I was expecting and I won't mind if it wins, but nom solidarity.

Chrono Trigger - Secret of the Forest VS. Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle) - Metal Harbour - Not a fan of CT music on the whole.
Final Fantasy XIII - Cocoon de Chocobo VS. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - The Tragic Prince - Ugh... that is one of the worst chocobo themes I have heard.
Xenosaga II - Sweet Song VS. Advance Wars Days of Ruin - Hope Never Dies - Well I fully expect this to get stomped by Kajiura hype but eh, nom solidarity.  Sweet Song struck me as rather unspecial, at any rate.
Skies of Arcadia - Battle VS. Journey to Silius - Stage 1 - Both are meh.

ANIME
Record of Lodoss War 2 - Sakasama no Niji VS. Beck - Slip Out -A Little More than Before- - *shrug*
Umineko no Naku Koro ni - One Winged Bird VS. Hokuto no Ken - Ai Wo Torimodose - Okay, I have to vote for YOU WA SHOCK

ARRANGED
Saga Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "γ" 2 VS. Mega Man 9 - by Random - Splash Woman Rap - lolwut
Breath of Fire IV - Breath of Fire IV Original Soundtrack - A Raging Emperors Banquet ~Remix~ VS. Radiata Stories - RADIATA STORIES Arrange Album - Sign ~Diffuse World~ - lolwut Mk2

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 08:23:42 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Super Robot Wars Original Generations - Dark Prison VS. Phantasy Star generation:2 - Silent Zone: Sure, solid quality.
Persona 4 - Your Affection VS. Tales of Legendia - To Deliver the Feelings: A nice track, which is like 10 times more than is needed to beat the opposition.
Gate 88 - Disco Past the Floating Clouds VS. No More Heroes - No More No More Heroes: Not much to comment on in here.
MapleStory - Pink Bean Battle VS. Etrian Odyssey - Labyrinth I - The Green Green Woodlands: Maple has certain tracks that deliver oddly well and this is one of them. EO meanwhile has to fight sound quality, and not much beside Cherry Tree Valley overcomes it enough to make it to the great tier.

Chrono Trigger - Secret of the Forest VS. Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle) - Metal Harbour: Hmm. Sure, CT atmosphere piece over Sonic rock, though lack of Sonic vocals makes latter better than usual.
Final Fantasy XIII - Cocoon de Chocobo VS. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - The Tragic Prince: That is not a good chocobo theme.
Xenosaga II - Sweet Song VS. Advance Wars Days of Ruin - Hope Never Dies: Could go either way really. I'll tiebreak in favor of Hope for managing that despite sound quality.
Skies of Arcadia - Battle VS. Journey to Silius - Stage 1: Meh is right.

ANIME
Record of Lodoss War 2 - Sakasama no Niji VS. Beck - Slip Out -A Little More than Before-: Akino Arai, meanwhile, is awesome.
Umineko no Naku Koro ni - One Winged Bird VS. Hokuto no Ken - Ai Wo Torimodose: YOU WA SHOCK is hilarious but it's up against legit goodness.

ARRANGED
Saga Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "γ" 2 VS. Mega Man 9 - by Random - Splash Woman Rap: what
Breath of Fire IV - Breath of Fire IV Original Soundtrack - A Raging Emperors Banquet ~Remix~ VS. Radiata Stories - RADIATA STORIES Arrange Album - Sign ~Diffuse World~: What is that awful remix doing in here
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 09:47:39 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Super Robot Wars Original Generations - Dark Prison VS. Phantasy Star generation:2 - Silent Zone
Gate 88 - Disco Past the Floating Clouds VS. No More Heroes - No More No More Heroes
MapleStory - Pink Bean Battle VS. Etrian Odyssey - Labyrinth I - The Green Green Woodlands

Chrono Trigger - Secret of the Forest VS. Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle) - Metal Harbour
Final Fantasy XIII - Cocoon de Chocobo VS. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - The Tragic Prince

ANIME
Record of Lodoss War 2 - Sakasama no Niji VS. Beck - Slip Out -A Little More than Before-

ARRANGED
Saga Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "γ" 2 VS. Mega Man 9 - by Random - Splash Woman Rap
Breath of Fire IV - Breath of Fire IV Original Soundtrack - A Raging Emperors Banquet ~Remix~ VS. Radiata Stories - RADIATA STORIES Arrange Album - Sign ~Diffuse World~

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 02:39:36 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME
Umineko no Naku Koro ni - One Winged Bird VS. Hokuto no Ken - Ai Wo Torimodose-YOU WA SHOCK is silly but it's up against what sounds like a really good Ar Tonelico track.

ARRANGED
Breath of Fire IV - Breath of Fire IV Original Soundtrack - A Raging Emperors Banquet ~Remix~ VS. Radiata Stories - RADIATA STORIES Arrange Album - Sign ~Diffuse World~ Rather boring pool overall.

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 04:00:24 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 09:50:45 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Persona 4 - Your Affection VS. Tales of Legendia - To Deliver the Feelings- Your Affection is one of those things that only works in context.  And by contrast to the same stuff from Persona 3.  ToL is ToL.
Gate 88 - Disco Past the Floating Clouds VS. No More Heroes - No More No More Heroes- THere were about 15 seconds, at the start of Disco, that sounded like it might be cool.  It was not to be.  15 seconds however is more than No More Heroes had.
MapleStory - Pink Bean Battle VS. Etrian Odyssey - Labyrinth I - The Green Green Woodlands- Green Green Woodlands is quite pleasant, but Pink Bean Battle is fun.  Very super heroic vibe.  Hate you hatbot.

Chrono Trigger - Secret of the Forest VS. Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle) - Metal Harbour- Eh sure whatever.
Final Fantasy XIII - Cocoon de Chocobo VS. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - The Tragic Prince- And somehow this is one of the better tracks in the pool.  Cripes.
Xenosaga II - Sweet Song VS. Advance Wars Days of Ruin - Hope Never Dies- I feel like the music and vocal for Sweet Song don't go together.  Hope Never Dies is okayish, repetitive but otherwise likable.

ANIME

ARRANGED
Breath of Fire IV - Breath of Fire IV Original Soundtrack - A Raging Emperors Banquet ~Remix~ VS. 0Radiata Stories - RADIATA STORIES Arrange Album - Sign ~Diffuse World~
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 10:30:09 PM »
These are both quite good.  Slight nod to Phantasy Star music actually being done well, since lots of it tends to be kinda meh.
Your Affection is good but not a contest.
I guess.  Disco Clouds gets better as it goes on.
Pink Bean is decent, but standard epic fighty stuff.  Labyrinth I is interesting AND good.

Secret is great.  Metal Harbor's all right but a bit repetitive.
Cocoon de Chocobo is fine, but again not a contest.
Hope Never Dies is actually pretty good, and Sweet Song isn't my favorite variation on that theme in XS2, but yeah.  Still definitely the winner here for me.
Sure, SoA Battle was pretty decent.

ANIME
Yup.
Yeah.

ARRANGED
Yeah, now this is one of the better SF2 Piano pieces.  Not really a fan of most rap unless it's unusually awesome.
I rage like an emperor at that remix.  Diffuse World is great.

Taishyr

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 11:54:53 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Persona 4 - Your Affection VS. Tales of Legendia - To Deliver the Feelings - ... nnnnyeeeh I can see the ToL music hype but it just doesn't sit well with me.

Chrono Trigger - Secret of the Forest VS. Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle) - Metal Harbour - Not my favorite Chrono Trigger track vs. a pretty nice Sonic track.
Final Fantasy XIII - Cocoon de Chocobo VS. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - The Tragic Prince - ... kay

ANIME

ARRANGED
Breath of Fire IV - Breath of Fire IV Original Soundtrack - A Raging Emperors Banquet ~Remix~ VS. Radiata Stories - RADIATA STORIES Arrange Album - Sign ~Diffuse World~ - At first I listened to them and voted for the second track because I couldn't remember the first one! And then I listened again, paused, and decided it was because the first one was a good mellow/tripping/Asian Indian style track while the second was a weird... not!jazz track. And switched votes.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 08:13:13 PM by Taitoro »

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 01:00:25 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Super Robot Wars Original Generations - Dark Prison VS. Phantasy Star Generation:2 - Silent Zone
Gate 88 - Disco Past the Floating Clouds VS. No More Heroes - No More No More Heroes - Close fight. Disco is interesting at certain points, but NMNMH is consistently good.
MapleStory - Pink Bean Battle VS. Etrian Odyssey - Labyrinth I - The Green Green Woodlands - Green Green Woodlands? Kirby would like to speak to you about copyright infringement.

Final Fantasy XIII - Cocoon de Chocobo VS. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - The Tragic Prince - Argh. What the balls, Chocobo. Easy win for Tragic Prince.
Xenosaga II - Sweet Song VS. Advance Wars Days of Ruin - Hope Never Dies - Argh. What the balls, Sweet Song. Easy win for Hope Never Dies.

ANIME
Record of Lodoss War 2 - Sakasama no Niji VS. Beck - Slip Out -A Little More than Before- - Argh. Beck. Bad singing is bad. This pool is steadily going downhill.
Umineko no Naku Koro ni - One Winged Bird VS. Hokuto no Ken - Ai Wo Torimodose - ARRRRGH.

ARRANGED
Saga Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "γ" 2 VS. Mega Man 9 - by Random - Splash Woman Rap - Gah, finally, two good tracks. I don't even like rap music, but Splash Woman Rap gets bonus points for creativity. Rhapsody might have a chance if it wasn't so dang short.
Breath of Fire IV - Breath of Fire IV Original Soundtrack - A Raging Emperors Banquet ~Remix~ VS. Radiata Stories - RADIATA STORIES Arrange Album - Sign ~Diffuse World~ - Ooooh, trippy. I like it.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 01:30:45 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Super Robot Wars Original Generations - Dark Prison VS. Phantasy Star generation:2 - Silent Zone: Okay vs. meh.
Persona 4 - Your Affection VS. Tales of Legendia - To Deliver the Feelings: Don't really like it much, but it does leave more of an impression.
Gate 88 - Disco Past the Floating Clouds VS. No More Heroes - No More No More Heroes: Sounds like it was written for a Wily castle stage or something. So that's kinda cool.
MapleStory - Pink Bean Battle VS. Etrian Odyssey - Labyrinth I - The Green Green Woodlands: I am Jack's total lack of caring.

Chrono Trigger - Secret of the Forest VS. Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle) - Metal Harbour: Sonic music is usually autofail. This one doesn't have vocals, so it's merely unremarkable. CT is generally hard to beat, anyway.
Final Fantasy XIII - Cocoon de Chocobo VS. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - The Tragic Prince: Something good vs. oh god what is this noise. This has to be a Nitori nom.
Xenosaga II - Sweet Song VS. Advance Wars Days of Ruin - Hope Never Dies: Sound quality on this track isn't great. Still, I'm in more of a rock mood and Sweet Song is fairly weak anyway.
Skies of Arcadia - Battle VS. Journey to Silius - Stage 1: Sure.

ANIME
Record of Lodoss War 2 - Sakasama no Niji VS. Beck - Slip Out -A Little More than Before-: I dunno, they're both pretty lethargic. This one makes me think less of Oasis, though.
Umineko no Naku Koro ni - One Winged Bird VS. Hokuto no Ken - Ai Wo Torimodose: Is this by one of the regular Gust performers? Sure as hell sounds like AT music. Anyway, preferable shade of melodrama, for me.

ARRANGED
Saga Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "γ" 2 VS. Mega Man 9 - by Random - Splash Woman Rap: It was funny. Surely I would appreciate rap more if it was all about Mega Man.
Breath of Fire IV - Breath of Fire IV Original Soundtrack - A Raging Emperors Banquet ~Remix~ VS. Radiata Stories - RADIATA STORIES Arrange Album - Sign ~Diffuse World~: Straight trippin'.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 02:38:22 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Super Robot Wars Original Generations - Dark Prison VS. Phantasy Star generation:2 - Silent Zone - Okay vs. Meh.
Persona 4 - Your Affection VS. Tales of Legendia - To Deliver the Feelings - Okay vs. Actively Boring.
Gate 88 - Disco Past the Floating Clouds VS. No More Heroes - No More No More Heroes - No more comments, too braindead.

ANIME

ARRANGED

Hey Tal, the full pool download versions of the Lodoss War track and the Splash Woman Rap are doing that "pretend to be half an hour long" thing again.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 05:56:27 PM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 05:41:52 AM »
Saga Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "γ" 2 VS. Mega Man 9 - by Random - Splash Woman Rap: Haha this is hilarious I wasn't going to vote this week until I saw this name and was like "lolwut" except for me it's very much a good thing.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 06:07:32 AM »
Hey Tal, the full pool download versions of the Lodoss War track and the Splash Woman Rap are doing that "pretend to be half an hour long" thing again.

Should be fixed now.  Thanks.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 09:01:25 PM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Super Robot Wars Original Generations - Dark Prison VS. Phantasy Star generation:2 - Silent Zone - Very easy match. Good song vs. kinda meh.
Persona 4 - Your Affection VS. Tales of Legendia - To Deliver the Feelings - Ohhhhhh so that's what the P4 song was saying! I always heard it in-game and always thought it was saying your -reflection-. Anyways. Decent Persona song vs. generic FFXII-esque "probably suits the atmosphere but is not memorable at all otherwise" song. Easy choice.
Gate 88 - Disco Past the Floating Clouds VS. No More Heroes - No More No More Heroes - Meh vs. quite awesome. Man this pool is so easy to decide so far.
MapleStory - Pink Bean Battle VS. Etrian Odyssey - Labyrinth I - The Green Green Woodlands - Both are good, though.

Chrono Trigger - Secret of the Forest VS. Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle) - Metal Harbour - Yeah, not seeing the hype for Secret. Metal Harbour's fun and awesome and my nom.
Final Fantasy XIII - Cocoon de Chocobo VS. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - The Tragic Prince - ...the hell? Cocoon started off being weird and vaguely annoying, and became... total crap. Do not like at all. Prince was good enough to win here, although I'll have to actually listen to it properly next round. >_>
Xenosaga II - Sweet Song VS. Advance Wars Days of Ruin - Hope Never Dies - Man, Sweet Song was not sweet at all. That was bloody irritating. Hope Never Dies is... yeah, pretty typical for Advance Wars. But, damn, this is just reminding me how much I should have nominated Lash's Or Jake's Themes from AW2/DS respectively. Yeah, I love AW music, and it's up against lolwut, so this is no contest.
Skies of Arcadia - Battle VS. Journey to Silius - Stage 1 - Heh, this song reminds me of Gurug Volcano from FF1. Anyways, generic vs. good, easy choice. Man, you guys made this pool so easy to decide.

ANIME
Record of Lodoss War 2 - Sakasama no Niji VS. Beck - Slip Out -A Little More than Before- - Sakasama sounds like it's being sung by Yuna's voice actress from FFX, in that it sounds like she's breathing in every time she says anything. This is a pretty bad match on the whole, but the Beck one doesn't make me want to punch the singer as much, so it gets my vote. (Also, totally seconding the Oasis thing, I could clearly hear the chorus of Wonderwall in there.)
Umineko no Naku Koro ni - One Winged Bird VS. Hokuto no Ken - Ai Wo Torimodose - Bird is a damn nice song. Nothing particularly unique or amazing, but just... good music. Torimodose is SO DBZ IT'S NOT FUNNY. I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse. I'll just settle on average, which means One Winged Bird takes this pretty easily.

ARRANGED
Saga Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "γ" 2 VS. Mega Man 9 - by Random - Splash Woman Rap - ...wut. Not a rap fan, generally, and this is no different. >_>
Breath of Fire IV - Breath of Fire IV Original Soundtrack - A Raging Emperors Banquet ~Remix~ VS. Radiata Stories - RADIATA STORIES Arrange Album - Sign ~Diffuse World~ - What. No, seriously, what? 5 seconds of Sign was enough for me to vote it, and the song didn't get any worse. Banquet's amongst the worst songs I've seen so far in this tournament.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 12:58:11 PM by Yoshiken »

EternalLurker

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 09:10:10 PM »
Ohhhhhh so that's what the P4 song was saying! I always heard it in-game and always thought it was saying your -reflection-.
You say it's unintelligible and still call it "decent". I don't get it.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 09:35:23 PM »
Oh, that's easy.  most songs have such terrible lyrics that an inability to understand them enhances the song by allowing you to focus purely on the sound, rather than the supposed meaning.  Though to be sure one of the key differences between a good song and a great song is lyrics that enhance the experience.  Great songs are just rare (in general, not just in video games)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 10:37:38 PM »
Ohhhhhh so that's what the P4 song was saying! I always heard it in-game and always thought it was saying your -reflection-.
You say it's unintelligible and still call it "decent". I don't get it.

Haven't you ever heard of classics like "There's a bathroom on the right", EternalLurker?  When two words sound really similar it's not necessarily that the song is unintelligible.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2010, 03:48:00 AM »
Oh, that's easy.  most songs have such terrible lyrics that an inability to understand them enhances the song by allowing you to focus purely on the sound, rather than the supposed meaning.  Though to be sure one of the key differences between a good song and a great song is lyrics that enhance the experience.  Great songs are just rare (in general, not just in video games)

Oh, you really believe in that? Then quickly look up a dissertation on the meaning of EXEC_Z/.
The lyric literally breaks or makes the song depends on how you look at it.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 08:37:16 PM »
To EL: What Yakko said, basically. Although also sort of what CK said. I always found myself humming along to the song in-game, and it's a damn nice tune, if nothing else. As it is, knowing what it's really saying changes nothing about the song, as it's not a major change.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 07:00:51 AM »
ANIME

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 07:01:58 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED
Saga Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "γ" 2 VS. Mega Man 9 - by Random - Splash Woman Rap - Splash Woman Rap is nice, but gamma 2 soothes my soul.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 07:34:25 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT
Super Robot Wars Original Generations - Dark Prison VS. Phantasy Star generation:2 - Silent Zone - Dark Prison builds but never delivers, Silent Zone is pretty good overall.
Persona 4 - Your Affection VS. Tales of Legendia - To Deliver the Feelings - Deliver the Feelings is suitably epic, but does not call down to you from something something parking lot.
Gate 88 - Disco Past the Floating Clouds VS. No More Heroes - No More No More Heroes - I really dug Gate 88, even if the middle is a bit meh. The NMH track just kind of runs together.
MapleStory - Pink Bean Battle VS. Etrian Odyssey - Labyrinth I - The Green Green Woodlands - Yep.

Chrono Trigger - Secret of the Forest VS. Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle) - Metal Harbour - SONIC SKA! Seriously, it's like early 90's punk.
Final Fantasy XIII - Cocoon de Chocobo VS. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - The Tragic Prince - Meh. Coinflip.
Xenosaga II - Sweet Song VS. Advance Wars Days of Ruin - Hope Never Dies - I appreciate what Sweet Song does a lot, but it never quite clicks? Still good enough to pass this round.
Skies of Arcadia - Battle VS. Journey to Silius - Stage 1 - Meh. Stage 1 is at least catchy.

ANIME
Record of Lodoss War 2 - Sakasama no Niji VS. Beck - Slip Out -A Little More than Before- - Akino Arai has good songs, this is not one of them. Slip Out meanwhile is one of my top 5 favorite songs of all time. The Engrish is meh, but the singer has a good voice and puts a lot of feeling into the song, the lyrics are great and the instrumentals are fantastic.
Umineko no Naku Koro ni - One Winged Bird VS. Hokuto no Ken - Ai Wo Torimodose - Hmm... quality vs camp... I'll have to come back to this one.

ARRANGED
Saga Frontier 2 - Piano Pieces "SF2" ~ Rhapsody on a Theme of SaGa FRONTIER 2 - "γ" 2 VS. Mega Man 9 - by Random - Splash Woman Rap - Cause fuck you thats why.
Breath of Fire IV - Breath of Fire IV Original Soundtrack - A Raging Emperors Banquet ~Remix~ VS. Radiata Stories - RADIATA STORIES Arrange Album - Sign ~Diffuse World~ - Enough to beat that.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2010, 12:04:54 AM »
MAIN TOURNAMENT

ANIME

ARRANGED