Author Topic: Disquiet (Working Title) - Currently Assumed Assets (Art, Music, SE, etc) Info  (Read 3573 times)

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
Character Designs

Portraits (* means full emotion set needed, # means partial set, determine emotion set stupid Andrew)
-Noemi*:
-Kasia*:
-Erastus*:
-Bartol*:
-Mirek*:
-Eirwen*:
-Isolde#:
-Katarine#:
-Empress Emiliana#:
-Millicent#:
-Renate#:
-Orienna#:
-Others?

Sprites (* means full 9-move + extra sprite set needed, # means partial set, determine extra stupid Andrew)
-Noemi*:
-Kasia*:
-Erastus*:
-Bartol*:
-Mirek*:
-Eirwen*:
-Isolde#:
-Katarine#:
-Empress Emiliana#:
-Millicent#:
-Renate#:
-Orienna#:

-Generic Townspeople (need to determine, also palatte swap options?)
-Generic Nobles (same)
-Imperial Agents
-Thugs, etc

Monsters
-The Corpulent
-
-
-Bandit Thug
-
-
-Would Be Assassin
-Legion
-
-
-
-
-Giant Enemy Crab
-
-
-
-Guardian??
-
-
-
-The Black Noise
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 03:53:56 AM by AndrewRogue »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Found the Facemaker program. I lost all the old elements I custom-made for the characters, but they can mostly be redone without too much effort.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Reposting the designs for characters who are being reused.

Main Trio:

Erastus

Noemi

Noemi & Kasia

Isolde

Katarine

Mirek

Eirwen

Djai

Bartej

« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 07:11:24 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
If anyone has any suggestions or problems with the current designs, voice them now or forever hold your peace.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
Designs themselves are fine, but comments on costuming...

Kasia: No mini-skirt, plz. But that's just me.

Isolde: Good, but should be wearing some type of light armor at least in her shot.

Kat: Torn on this, because it looks good and it still fits her, but the dress may also need to become pants. Also, is that her hair wrapped around her wrist?

Mirek: That top is terrible for the setting. He's asking for sun poisoning.

Eirwen: This may be the only major change needed. Since her role has changed, the costume may need to fit a more combat butler/in-close dex fighter vibe.

Dai: Totes works.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Kasia: No mini-skirt, plz. But that's just me.
>>I like the mini-skirt. They are fun to draw. Let me have my one mini-skirt.

Isolde: Good, but should be wearing some type of light armor at least in her shot.
>>Armor is a large piece to design around. Adding a chestplate of any sort to her outfit is a total redesign for her street clothes. I can try just adding something to her current design, but it probably won't look great.

Kat: Torn on this, because it looks good and it still fits her, but the dress may also need to become pants. Also, is that her hair wrapped around her wrist?
>>Pants is doable, though I'd probably give her a short wrap to keep some fluidity in the design. And yes, that is hair, but no, it is not wrapped around her wrist.

Mirek: That top is terrible for the setting. He's asking for sun poisoning.
>>Well, I've pretty much decided that a cloak is now a standard-issue addition to the Guardians, but I suppose I could just give him a tight top instead of complete bare-chested-ness, though seriously, what a double-standard for fanservice~

Eirwen: This may be the only major change needed. Since her role has changed, the costume may need to fit a more combat butler/in-close dex fighter vibe.
>>Y'know, that was my first thought too. But then the more I looked at this design, the more I thought it still felt a bit like a combat maid. Not sure exactly what I'd change here, but I'm open to suggestions.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
Adding a chestplate of any sort to her outfit is a total redesign for her street clothes

Are these supposed to be street-clothes only or something that will eventually become character portraits? If the latter, I'd rather go with something that amounts to what you'd most commonly find them in.

Kasia: Fair enough. It does fit her, anyway. Might want to at least redesign the skirt she's wearing. Looks kinda silly.

Isolde: Not anything huge. Just a small leather half-plate to cover the chest area at least. I'm willing to bend on it because I do like the design, just... she's still a close in fighter and a commander. Seems weird to have her with no armor.

Kat: Since she's a ranged character it would work. My one concern is that especially with Isolde's group they travel on boats a LOT. Just keep in mind practicality for travel. I love everything from the waist up.

Mirek: Works. But if you notice, I'm covering up most of the women too.

Eirwen: Something a little more conservative in the chest area. She is in a servant position and Mirek doesn't seem the type to make her dress in anything with cleavage. The bodice totally works though. Also, those flaps are a universal lie for character designers. They're just asking to be wrapped around a leg and tripped over. Possibly long pants AND a short skirt? Something just short of knee-length, slits in front and back. Sort of like a shorter version of the one in Kat's. That way she isn't showing anything off or tripping over anything in combat, and she still sort of fits the part? Also maybe a braid in the back instead of having her hair loose.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
Will get full commentary in on this this week.

untunasandwich

• New User
  • Derp derp derp
    • View Profile
Dump from my sketchbook. Mostly interested in the armor feedback. Sorry they're giant ...doing this fast... before I head to Seattle...

Also. Hi.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 05:59:24 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

untunasandwich

• New User
  • Derp derp derp
    • View Profile
ART DUMP - Prelim designs

untunasandwich

• New User
  • Derp derp derp
    • View Profile
MORE DUMP

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Your images for the 8/28/2012 post are overinflated again.

That aside, out of the current pictures on the most recent post, the big thing that currently sticks out to me is a minor issue with Bartol's weapon--looks like the head's suited for a two-handed weapon (assuming standard leeways in fantasy weapon design), but the haft is for a one-handed one. 

Also yeah, a belt would probably break up the wall of crabmeat a bit.  I'd also say to put something else on top (some sort of vest or coat), but that may just be my current tastes.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

untunasandwich

• New User
  • Derp derp derp
    • View Profile
I feel like a vest or a coat might be a bit bulkky? Maybe make the thing that is obviously not crab armor drop down where a vest would be? it would wind up looking kinda robe like and I was kinda trying to stay away from a more paladin-y feel. I wasn't really feeling that hammer either... We'll have to work on my weapon drawing skills. Do we think big belt? medium belt? Wonderwoman belt? ( I think wonderwoman belt!)

untunasandwich

• New User
  • Derp derp derp
    • View Profile
Also, I'm in Hawaii and will unlikely be sitting on IRC or Skype this week but will be checking the forums... I will have steady internet next week while I'm at my Aunt's.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
Ahem. Sorry for the belated commentary.

Anyhow, Mirek design is great. Could probably afford to pull the sleeve cuffs up above his hand a bit, but no real complaints.

Eirwen should probably be armored down a bit (looks a little too close to "medium" armor in general). Not sure of an immediate fix suggestion, though.

Crab armor is epic and glorious. That said, the top of the chestplate (above the crab bit) looks a little too much like overalls.