Author Topic: Standardised Write-ups  (Read 2223 times)

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Standardised Write-ups
« on: August 25, 2010, 02:27:24 AM »
Guidelines: Standardised Write-ups should be somewhat similar to the current writeup format. The current character count is 400-800 characters, but since these writeups are more generalized, a more ideal number would be between 600-1000 characters.

Content should be primarily about a character's duelling ability in general. For characters with significantly less to write there, more flavor details are permissible. A small amount of flavor/background info on the character is suggested. Information and text from the character's bio -can- be copy/pasted so long as it fits these criteria.

If you feel like writing some up right now, feel free to post them in this topic until we get things organized into the writing boards. Editors are welcome to post here, too, once more writeups have been submitted.

First new Standardised Writeup!

By DarkHolyElf
(909 characters, some fluff but mostly content.)

Yuna, the High Summoner hailing from Besaid, is one of the most decorated Godlikes in the history of the RPGDL. A quick look at her skillset and it's easy to see why: she's an accomplished white mage with damage-halving buffs, full healing, and Auto-Life... all for 1 MP! And she's got excellent speed and an amazing evade rate, although she does have to watch out for physical attacks that actually hit her, since she's a bit frail. But her real power comes from her ability to summon aeons. The strongest ones, such as Anima and the Magus Sisters, do enough damage to down many opponents in a single hit, are extremely durable, and best of all, protect Yuna from all damage until they die. And even if die they do, Yuna's opponents can't rest easy... after all, she can just summon another. Only opponents who can quickly kill the High Summoner stand a chance against the young lady and her ten deadly pets.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 02:29:59 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
Re: Standardised Write-ups
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 02:55:35 AM »
Cielo (DDS)
Cielo is here, mon, bringing some jammin' Latin rhythm to the realms of the Duelling League! He may not have the best record going around, but he brings some fierce tricks to the table. His main damage is some decent lightning magic, but he can back that up with some accurate instant death, a variety of status, some buffs and debuffs the ability to remove any buffs from opponents and debuffs from himself, as well as decent evasion! Alternatively, he can use his other form and access full healing and some physical attacks. All of that, combined with a resistance to Lightning damage in both forms, and the blue-dreadlocked demon has little to worry about, just as long as he can stay away from that pesky status he hates so much!

734 characters. And did anyone expect me to pick somebody who wasn't Cielo to start with? ;)

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 01:50:14 PM »
Peppita (SO3)

Peppita Rossetti, Rossetti troupe's finest is perhaps one of the RPGDL's most surprising stars. Now a respectable Heavy she started relatively unknown as a Light. Others held the spotlights, it would be a while before Peppita rose to fame. However in her debute season Peppita surprised everyone and made her duelling ability known. With dances that boast solid healing, MP regeneration, highly accurate confusion and a tremendous boost to strength the art of dancing is not to be underestimated, resulting in a dueller with survivability, status and offence. Dances aside Peppita also boasts the debilatating Freeze status with Frozen Daggers, a status that few opponents resist. Rarely does she need Kaboom's Instant Death skills but Healing Dance can often keep her healthy until the status hits. That's right, three statuses to abuse. Facing complete status resistance in comes sheer offence. Faerie Friend, which is brutal enough on it's own but when buffed by Power Dance destroys worlds.

1000 characters >.> <.< >.> I had to do a lot of editing, not sure if it's possible to get it down further. I wanted to add in something about her counter attacks and invincibility too but oh well. With Peppita I started out refering to her background and a bit more about the start of her DL career but even a little bit was too much and took up the space needed for near everything about her duelling ability >.> So I removed it. I'm also not sure how to get something about weaknesses in there either yikes.

I still like the bio we already have for Peppita though. Dunno who did it but yeah! :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 01:59:15 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 05:09:53 PM »
Peppita (SO3)

Rossetti troupe's finest is one of the DL's most surprising stars. Now a respectable Heavy she started as a relative unknown in Light. It took a while before Peppita rose to fame. In her debut season, she surprised everyone and made her duelling ability known. With dances that boast solid healing, MP regeneration, highly accurate confusion and a tremendous strength buff, the art of dancing is not to be underestimated. Dances aside, Peppita also boasts the debilitating Freeze status with Frozen Daggers, a status that few opponents resist. She even has Kaboom's Instant Death for backup! That's right, three statuses to abuse. And Healing Dance can often keep her healthy until the status hits.  Against the status-immune, she'll rely on sheer offense in Faerie Friend, which when buffed by Power Dance destroys worlds.

I tried to make it a little shorter.

But honestly if you wanted to make it like 1100 characters, it's probably fine.

alanna82

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 04:27:50 AM »
I can probably write some for various Suikoden scrubs and or Chrono Cross Scrubs. I have all there stats in various notebooks, so I know who is good at what stat.  (yes I keep STAT NOTEBOOKS, granted half of them have other stuff like my ANTM stuff and old stuff from when I was in college)

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 06:10:08 PM »
Thanks Djinn <(^^)> I'll probably do Roger's next if nobody has an objection, should be an easy one to do. When I get my laptop some time this fall/winter I'd be happy to do all of the SO3 cast unless OK wants to do Maria or Ciddy Nel =-) I could also do Meru's, other DL dancers and others of the LoD cast unless someone else has a specific character they want to bag there too~
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 06:12:19 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 02:41:43 PM »
Adray Lasbard

The man, the myth, the legend. He used his own bare hands to conquer the great shark Nikson and he soared across the skies to fight the Dragon Brigade. Or so the stories go. Legends may not always live up to their hype but here at the RPGDL Adray has more than proved his mettle. Battling his way to first a Light then a Middle Championship he's one of the most decorated duellers from his world. With an incredible varied arsenal of spells and battle skills of many elements Adray comes equipped for striking the weaknesses of many of a terrain. The skilled symbologist not only has has the elements at his disposal but boasts a wide range of support, healing and status abilities. Most notably Ice Needles with it's lethal freeze status and Chaos Tide with it's disabling chaos effect. Wind masters especially post no challenge to Adray as he absorbs their power with the Elven Cloak. Adray's final word for other duellers. Frustrated? Get stronger.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 04:25:49 PM »
This hasn't quite gotten off the ground as much as expected. Not sure why, partly to blame myself. We're at only 6/32 for this week so far. Even when I finish mine though it'll be only 10/32. I think what we might have to do is keep up with the old style writeups in conjunction with the generalized ones. That way things can still get done, and we can substitute in the general ones later in the season once they're written.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 06:27:37 PM by Hunter Sopko »

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 06:13:39 PM »
Once I get Internet back at home I will start working on this. >:(
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 05:11:46 AM »
Should I be posting the Standardized ones in here still, or are things organized more elsewhere? I'm afraid I've been out of the DL loop most of September, so I'm not quite sure.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 11:49:38 AM »
Gah, had no time at all. I really wish I could say "Yeah, I'll happily help" but I doubt I'll have much time any time soon either. =/ I'll probably start writing stuff again in a month or two. ^^;

alanna82

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 07:55:43 PM »
I've been pretty busy with work and stuff. I might have to help you guys later this week. I dont work tues-thurs.