Register

Author Topic: Rate this game in the DL: FFX and PS4  (Read 5568 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Rate this game in the DL: FFX and PS4
« on: January 17, 2008, 09:25:38 PM »
DQ8 and DDS
DDS and SO2

We've had various incarnations of this topic over the years, measuring how much you like a game's cast/what'd you rank from the game/how much you respect the duellers, etc. Well, we haven't had one of these in a while so I figured I'd restart the topic to give us something to talk about during the downtime. Archived topics are listed above.

Final Fantasy X and Phantasy Star 4 are both extremely popular games in every sense of the word. Good draws and with lots of successes behind them, they've been a part of the DL's core since the beginning.

Final Fantasy X

Favorite dueller:
Least favorite dueller:

Strongest dueller:
Weakest dueller:

Favorite moment in the DL with this game:
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game:

A character you'd like to see added to the game:
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game:

Any other notes/thoughts about the game?

Phantasy Star 4

Favorite dueller:
Least favorite dueller:

Strongest dueller:
Weakest dueller:

A character you'd like to see added to the game:
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game:

---

Also, suggest ideas for what to use in the next round.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Rate this game in the DL: FFX and PS4
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 09:34:35 PM »
Final Fantasy X

Favorite dueller:  Wakka.
Least favorite dueller: Oh christ. Either Auron or pure FFX Rikku or Yunalesca. Mmm. Yeah, leaning Yunalesca. Absorb arguments are always good extra hate.

Strongest dueller: Yuna
Weakest dueller: Blue 13

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Luca beating Yunalesca.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Any time Auron wins.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: NA
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Nothing. Game's well ranked.

Don't care for the cast at all, as noted above. Wakka and Tidus are decent and I tolerate Yuna, but I pretty much loathe the rest across the board.

Phantasy Star 4

Favorite dueller: Zio. Is cool, even if he turned into a Godlike jobber.
Least favorite dueller: Rika.

Strongest dueller: Profound Darkness.
Weakest dueller: Raja. Pathetic.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Rune writeups.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Rika beating Rashidi. Blatant rob from a dueller I really didn't care for to start with. Yeah.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: NA.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Dark Force. Not a fan of him in the DL.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game: This game's always been all over the place as far as drawing goes.It and Grandia both do that, and I can never figure out the reason besides randomness.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 09:37:58 PM »
Final Fantasy X

Favorite dueller: Yuna! Awesome PC Godlike who translates well.
Least favorite dueller: Jecht. I like the character, but my levels for fighting him vary significantly from his loudest supporters'.

Strongest dueller: Yuna.
Weakest dueller: Rikku, I think. I'm still pretty harsh on Use.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Yuna's first title run was something really special to me. Auron's championship was also a lot of fun.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Jecht beating Surt.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: I really can't see who you could add. Sin doesn't work, Yu Yevon is no, and the game is light on plot bosses otherwise.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Really can't argue with anyone ranked, either.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? Love this cast. Yuna, Auron, Tidus, Wakka, Lulu are all a lot of fun. Loads of tricks that are effective translations of in-game, too.

Phantasy Star 4

Favorite dueller: Rika. Swiss army knife godlike who ends up way better in practice than you might expect at first, despite a lack of cheesy equipment to fall back on.
Least favorite dueller: I'm honestly not sure I dislike anyone from this cast. Dark Force might take it for giving me headaches with his forms, but even him I don't really mind, since he's a good enough fight and I like the type. (Spoilable but powerful boss slugger.)

Strongest dueller: Profound Darkness. Yeah.
Weakest dueller: Raja. 2.33 pdur + 75% average speed ftw! He actually ended up much worse in practice than I expected.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Season 13. Rika and Rune's simultaneous championships. Nothing else need be said.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Demi yet to have a single DL loss I agree with. Malik is all hindsight, Magus and Liete I argued for at the time and lost. Oh well.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: IGGLANOVA. No, nobody. <_<
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Dark Force? Just a weird case since PS4 states that all Dark Forces are distinct entities.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? Looking at the game's original rankings is always good for a laugh. Besides Raja and Hahn, THE ENTIRE PC CAST IS A DIVISION HIGHER. And Hahn could yet upgrade, too. <_< Reranking the cast downwards because Alys and Kyra and Gryz were overranked now seems hilarious.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 11:14:51 PM »
Final Fantasy X

Favorite dueller: Rikku.  Just love her cuteness, and she's got a unique and sexy set of skills to use.  Items are fun.
Least favorite dueller: Blue13.  Complete pile of shit as a character, and just not an interesting fighter by any means.

Strongest dueller: Mmm...Yuna's pretty good, even though I restrict her Aeons to just Anima, Yojimbo and the Sisters.  Still probably beats the rest.
Weakest dueller: Blue13.  Stats are shit, and doesn't really have options besides his Evade and Counter stuff.  Also frail as hell with no damage.  Slow, etc.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Uh...really don't know.  None come to mind.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Same thing.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: None in particular.  Theoretically we could rank, say Yenke and Biran, Yu Yevon, etc...but...no.  Though Yu Yevon would be a delightfully fun thing to rank.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: None.  Ranked fine.

I like the game a good deal, outside of Blue13.  Fun overall.  Nothing I really dislike much.  I can't think of any outstanding moment, but it's still a good game.  7.5/10

Phantasy Star 4

Favorite dueller: Raja.  He is love.
Least favorite dueller: Uh...mmm...can't think of one I actively hate. 

Strongest dueller: Profound Darkness.  Duh.
Weakest dueller: Raja.  Sadly.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: The upgrades.  I was hyping these characters before NEB even played the game, and I remember Pipedreamer telling me that Kyra in Heavy was impossible >_>  So yes, Schadenfreude is awesome.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Um...mmm...can't think of one.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Uh...well, we could add Juza and some of those other bosses (RE-FAZE), but I'm not worried about them.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Mmm...well, we didn't rank Seth, so...yeah, fine again.

I loved the game when I first played it, and still do.  One of my favourites.  Just lots of stuff the cast can do.  10/10

Next games: FE7 or FE8 and XS1/2
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 05:53:15 PM by OblivionKnight »
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 12:08:39 AM »
Final Fantasy X

Favorite dueller: Rikku. I'm a sucker, and speedy + versatile is fun.
Least favorite dueller: Yunalesca. Absorb hype.

Strongest dueller: Yuna, pretty decisively.
Weakest dueller: Blue13, again pretty decisive.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Hm. Wakka's championship? Really a scary as hell heavy who was bound to champ. Though Auron beating the odds to win an oddly easy to legitimize title was fun.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Kimahri's run. Tidus, at least, has that fun speed game going on, but being pure E&C, with literally nothing else worth mentioning irks me to no end.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Nothing, though Yu Yevon coulda been... entertaining.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Great rank.

Seymour needs to champ Godlike or something? Fun cast with lots of tricks. I'd probably like them even more without all the E&C hax, though that might just be my inner FE fanboy crying out.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 12:51:47 AM »
Final Fantasy X

Favorite dueler: Lulu
Least favorite dueler: Auron

Strongest dueler: Seymour
Weakest dueler: Kimahri

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Lulu winning the Heavy title, upgrading to Godlike, and sending Zeon down to Heavy where he belongs.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Wakka getting annihilated by Sephiroth.  That was just painful.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: No one springs to mind.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Ditto.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game?  If Seymour and Yunalesca both win championships, the entire cast will have a title!  Hey, it could happen.

Phantasy Star 4

Favorite dueler(s): Kyra and Rune.  Yes, both of them.  I can't decide which one I like more. 
Least favorite dueler: Gryz

Strongest dueler: Profound Darkness
Weakest dueler: Raja

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Either Profound Darkness winning the championship or Rika making it to the Finals in season 33
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Kyra losing to Zed somehow

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Seth! ...Okay, no, I was just kiddi -- hey, put the shotgun down.  I said I was kidding!  Kidding!
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Nope

Any other notes/thoughts about the game?  Everyone's name has four letters....

Suggestions for next time: Tales of Symphonia and Shadow Hearts

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 03:34:10 AM »
Final Fantasy X

Favorite dueller: Hard to say. Yuna sans Aeons is really fun, but with Aeons she's boreing. Prolly Tidus, as I like speed games, and E&C doesn't bother me so long as that's not your only trick.
Least favorite dueller: Jecht and khimari tie here.

Strongest dueller: Yuna. With or without Aeon's probably. Seymore might give her a run for her money without them, I guess.
Weakest dueller: Khimari. I'm lenient on Use, so Rikku's better then him.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Tidus's championship, as it marked EVERY PC in the cast getting one.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Khim's run was before me, I think. So I'll pass on this.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: None. It was ranked perfectly.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: I could live without Jecht, but it's fine really.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game: A wonderful DL game overall.

Phantasy Star 4

Favorite dueller: Hmm. Rika? Wren? Demi? Rune? Hard to pick one.
Least favorite dueller: Uh...Gryzz, I guess?

Strongest dueller: PD, no question.
Weakest dueller: Raja, equally without question.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: PD getting that overdue championship? Works for me.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Alys getting ID whored around in RPGmon? Yeah, that's the best I've got for worst moment. <_<

A character you'd like to see added to the game: None
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: None

Any other notes/thoughts about the game: See FFX. It's a really good DL game.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 03:43:03 AM »
Funny, he pairs probably the two overall strongest games in the DL in terms of duelling power.

Final Fantasy X

Favorite dueller: Yuna?  Sure, Yuna.
Least favorite dueller: Kim I guess.  Clearcut wins/losses and little writeup power.

Weakest dueller: Kim

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Uh... YU YEVON.  Yeahno.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: They're all good.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? Nope.

Phantasy Star 4

Favorite dueller: Wren
Least favorite dueller: Gryz maybe?  I dunno, even Gryz isn't bad.

Strongest dueller: PD
Weakest dueller: Raja

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: The meteoric rise of Rika respect was fun to watch, though it went a little too far in the end.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Luca beating PD was pretty "...", especially since I beat the game the next week or something.  I was just || that much too slow!

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Juza hype?!  nah, game's pretty much spot on.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: NEB raises a fair point about DF, but eh, he's kinda iconic.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? Demi needs more hype.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 04:04:08 AM »
Final Fantasy X

Favorite dueller: Lulu. Hated her as a Heavy, but she's awesome in Godlike. Would be more awesome if she could spoil Jade.
Least favorite dueller: Uh...Yuna or Seymour. Probably Seymour since Yuna is that good in game, while Seymour has the focus hype.

Weakest dueller: Rikku.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Likely involves Yuna or Seymour losing.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Auron's run.

Some cool duellers, but the glut of evasion whores=not my favorite cast my any means. Yuna is at least that good in game. Used to care about Yunalesca, but she's in so rarely that my ire has melted a tad.

Phantasy Star 4

Favorite dueller: Uh...man...Rika?
Least favorite dueller: Raja. I don't really dislike him, but he has to have of the shittiest game to DL translations.

Strongest dueller: PD
Weakest dueller:  Raja

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: I liked PD champing lot. Strong Godlike who often struggled finally going the distance.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Nothing really comes to mind.

Thoughts?
My issue with the PCs is that they feel kind of repetitive between the ID and the healing. The mass underranking that led to a glut of championships didn't help much in the past, but don't care too much now.
...into the nightfall.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 06:09:09 AM »
WARNING!! The following content is not elf friendly. Read at your own risk!

Final Fantasy X

Favorite dueller: Is this a trick question? Yunalesca.
Least favorite dueller: Tidus, Kimahri. E&C is the biggest bunch of gimmicky bullshit I think I've ever heard in my life. HALF THE CAST HAS PERFECT EVASION AND COUNTERS YAY.  Actually I hate the entire PC cast because of all the retarded elemental and status and weapon crap in general. Kimahri is probably the worst because not only do I pretty strongly disagree with the common stances on him, he has E&C. Tidus is E&C whore and has the ZOMG SPEED GAME, but he's also Tidus, the most annoying twat in the freaking universe. Also he is in Godlike. What the freaking hell, right?

It's hard for me to really hate Yuna these days since her only real problem was winning too damn much and she hasn't been in in like ten seasons and she is at least equally badass in game as she is in the DL. Not to say that I would be happy if she got in again, but whatever.

Weakest dueller: Rikku.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Yuna losing to Tir, Tidus losing to the KRUSHER OF SEEDS.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Tidus champing, Kimahri champing, Wakka champing, Yuna doublechamping, Jecht champing, Tidus beating Geddoe with the elemental absorb crap. I actually think this is the worst but all of this stuff is pretty annoying so I had to put it all on my list.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: HA HA HA HA HA </Yuna>
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Just rank Yunalesca and Lulu and cut the rest of the cast.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? My least favorite DL game. Brings me much annoyance. From Tidus beating people I like (like Eph) to just excessive hype in general, this game can biiiite me. Too many championships in general.

</rant>

And now to be bipolar.

Phantasy Star 4

Favorite dueller: Wren~ Rune~ Love~ PD is sweet as well.
Least favorite dueller: Gryz is pretty boring.

Strongest dueller: PD.
Weakest dueller: Raja. These two are so easy. <_<

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Rika and Rune champing in the same season.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: PD losing to Luca. Pretty grah-worthy, insulting as heck considering it was by ONE VOTE, and completely unjustified. Rika vs. Rashidi was pretty bad too, but PD basically does everything that Luca does but... better! whereas I can see why people wouldn't really respect Rashidi's HP due to CARD SPAM or something.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Seth is the best idea and I definitely disagree with it.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: None stand out. DF is a reoccuring boss fight, so eh. He's memorable enough.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? This game, on the other hand, NEEDS MORE CHAMPIONSHIPS. ^_^ PD needs a couple more, Wren and Rune need to downgrade and champ again. My favorite cast in general. Wren, Rune, and PD are just awesome, and I like Rika, Demi, and Kyra as well. Raja is good for laughs, and Hahn... well, needs to champ too!
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 06:32:35 AM »
Final Fantasy X

Favorite dueller: Uh....hell, I dunno. The PCs are too gimmicky to be favorites and the bosses are too bland to stand out.
Least favorite dueller: Kimahri. Yawn.

Strongest dueller: Yuna. Next!
Weakest dueller: Rikku. No items.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Every single PC winning a championship is pretty neat, even if Rikku and Kim's runs can burn in hell.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Yunalesca arguments.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: DARK AEONS. Nah.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Uh...maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe Yunalesca, depending on my mood? It's a pretty textbook PCs/major bosses rank.

Phantasy Star 4

Favorite dueller: Rika, I guess. Cool to see a utility PC hold her own in Godlike.
Least favorite dueller: Gryz. Yawn.

Strongest dueller: Profound Darkness.
Weakest dueller: Raja, tragically.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Rika's finals run, even though I disagreed with it. Whee favoritism!
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Luca over Profound Darkness.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: RANK IGGLANOVA. IMMEDIATELY.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: None.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? One of the most interesting PC casts out there.
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
-Ponder Stibbons

[23:02] <Veryslightlymad> CK dreams about me starring in porno?
[23:02] <CmdrKing> Pretty sure.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 06:45:57 AM »
Final Fantasy X

Favorite dueller: Yuna. Just love to see someone as dominating in-game translate just perfectly like she does. Is a fun Godlike even without Aeons, and the mindless hatred she generates on some needlessly amuses me.
Least favorite dueller: For all that I'm strongly biased against Jecht, I'll say Kimahri. He's just... very, very boring. No matter how you scale him, he essentially boils down to E+C. Jecht, for all his overhype, at least isn't a complete one-dimensional gimmick.

Strongest dueller: Yuna. No-brainer, really.
Weakest dueller: Rikku or Kimahri, depending on how I see Use. I still have issues sorting this out.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Yuna's championships, of course.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Jecht's championship run still leaves a bad taste in my mouth to this day.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Uhhhh... add who? We ranked essentially everyone relevant. What are we going to do, rank SPHERIMORPH?
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: None. The game was ranked fine.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? One of the strongest overall PC casts in the DL. I really like this, and they're pretty fun in their own right.

Phantasy Star 4

Favorite dueller: Rika. Swiss-army knife, yesiu.jpg. Also, yet another case of in-game badassness translating well into the DL, but in a rather distinct way from in-game.
Least favorite dueller: Gryz. Just... boring.

Strongest dueller: Profound Darkness. Says it all.
Weakest dueller: Raja. The translation to the DL is rather insulting in a sense, but he fails so hilariously I can't be completely mad.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: PD's championship run makes me happy. The double championship runs from Rika and Rune in the same season still hold a special place in my heart, and I loved Kyra's run, but PD's championship was essentially a fine show of strength.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: PD's loss to Luca. It's even more insulting because it was also the beginning of Luca's bullshit championship run.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: None, the game is perfectly ranked. (I lie. RANK IGGLANOVA STAT.)
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: DF... is a bit too iconic for me to ignore in the rankings. It's not very fun to sort them out as is, but hey.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? Probably my favorite DL game? Also among the strongest PC casts in the DL (hell, just strongest casts in the DL period). It's funny, the entire PC cast sans Hahn (and Raja, who plain doesn't count. ^_^) champed and upgraded, and Hahn could even do the same himself. The underranking is kinda funny in hindsight, but I guess it just makes sense.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 06:55:06 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Taishyr

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 11:25:11 AM »
Final Fantasy X

Favorite dueller: Lulu/Yuna/Yunalesca. Yuna is present since I don't give her Aeons, which makes her far more interesting (and still a solid Godlike...)
Least favorite dueller: Kimahri.

Strongest dueller: ...Yunalesca, though I had to think about it.
Weakest dueller: Kimahri

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: ---
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Tidus or Kimahri runs.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Rank the Aeons individually! ...*flrrd*

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? I don't remember them even -getting- 9/10 of that elemental resist crap ingame, but I'm not surprised, either. >_>

Phantasy Star 4

Favorite dueller: Rune
Least favorite dueller: Alys. Hits my temp scaling and doesn't enjoy it.

Strongest dueller: PD.
Weakest dueller: Raja.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: ---
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: PD taking so long to get a championship. Seriously.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Meh.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: ...Alys, in a case of eternal hatred.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? Flange thump whack stick.

---

Next up? ...uh... FFT/something.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 02:21:29 PM »
Final Fantasy X

Favourite dueller - Rikku or Lulu. What OK said for Rikku - my kind of character - and Lulu because she's just pure awesme in general - smexy in game and translates well to the DL.

Least favourite dueller - Tidus? I'd say Kimahri but Tidus does not have the advantage of being a cute cuddly fluffy thing ;p

Strongest dueller - Yuna
Weakest dueller - Kimahri

Favourite moment in the DL with this game - Lulu power yeah.

Q - What's so bad about Auron? <_<
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 10:55:37 PM »
Final Fantasy X

Favorite dueller: Wakka
Wakka has a dangerous status game and is pretty powerful himself. I love any match he's in.

Least favorite dueller: Kimahri (or Blue13, as he's known around here... no idea why.  :P)
E&C is all he's got... not very entertaining.

With the summons, all she needs is a turn, really.

Weakest dueller: Kimahri
I'm pretty nice when it comes to Rikku's Use.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Can't think of anything that stands out.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Seymour not being able to freakin' champ. Man...

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Nothing comes to mind...
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Looks fine.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? - Hmm... nope.

Phantasy Star 4

Favorite dueller: Rune Walsh
I don't particularly prefer anyone (minus Raja and maybe Gryz...) so I just chose Rune.

Least favorite dueller: Raja
I'm not super thrilled by people who die in the face of anything thrown at them.

Strongest dueller: Profound Darkness

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Nothing come's to mind.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Raja

A character you'd like to see added to the game: I got nothing.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Raja... nah, that's just being mean. The lights need a punching bag.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? - Nada.

---

Suggestions for next games: Final Fantasy Tactics and Skies of Arcadia
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 05:08:00 AM »
Final Fantasy X

Favorite dueller: Not sure offhand...guess Seymour only cause he's an interesting godlike with actual flaws.
Least favorite dueller: Kimhari. Dueler based entirely around a stupid weapon ability.

Strongest dueller: Yuna. No real question.
Weakest dueller: Kimhari. If you ignore the E+C, you win.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Don't have one offhand.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Ditto.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Game was well ranked.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Yep!

Phantasy Star 4

Favorite dueller: Hmm...Rune.  Has actual flaws, none of this "I'm fast with lots of healing and durable!" nonsense Rika, Wren and Chaz all throw out.
Least favorite dueller: Alys. Just cause I freaking hate her.

Strongest dueller: Profound Darkness. Textbook Godlike Boss.
Weakest dueller: Raja. Textbook Light Healer who can't do anything else.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: The Rune/Justin related nonsense, just cause its really funny.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Alys winning middle.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: See FFX!
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Ditto!

[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 06:16:39 PM »
FFT and SoA sounds great.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Chisa

• 1.4 Y on the creepy meter
  • Denizen
  • When reality becomes irrelevant, mankind ends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2008, 07:33:55 PM »
Final Fantasy X

Favorite dueller: Probably Wakka.  He's both strong and tricky, always something I like in duellers.
Least favorite dueller: Yuna with Anima.  I don't give Yuna optional aeons in the DL, because they're broken in game and in here.

Strongest dueller: Yuna, even without Anima her aeons make her the most powerful by a mile.
Weakest dueller: Kimahri. OSG Kimahri is lol.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Wakka champing.  A truly deserved championship.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Tidus' recent run through heavy.  Quit haxing some of my favorite duellers!

A character you'd like to see added to the game: None.

Any other thoughts about this game?  I really need to pick my challenges back up, they've been sitting around too long.

Phantasy Star 4

Favorite dueller:  I'm not exactly sure.  Maybe Rune, just because of the writeups?
Least favorite dueller: Once again, unsure.  I blame all the ID.

Strongest dueller: PD.  A prime example of High Godlike.
Weakest dueller: Raja.  Splat.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: For a game with a lot of titles, nothing stands out that much.  So, um, Rune writeups again?
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Luca robbing PD.  Although I wasn't around for that, it just seems wrong in so many ways.

Any other thoughts about this game?  There's so much ID here it makes Doomgaze cry.  Other than that, I like most of the duellers, and the game itself is pretty damn good.
FAIR WARNING: Inside my head, every day is May 7th, 986.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 07:43:33 PM »
Final Fantasy X

Favorite dueller: ...I guess Seymour.  Sad to say, he seems to be the most interesting one of the bunch.
Least favorite dueller: Yuna.  Goddamned Aeon Parade.

Strongest dueller: Yuna.  Goddamned Aeon Parade.
Weakest dueller: ...yeah.  From what I've heard everywhere, Kimahri.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Yuna losing.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Yuna winning.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: N/A
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: N/A

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? Enough said.

Phantasy Star 4

Favorite dueller: Tie between Demi and Kyra.  Hard to say which one I like more.
Least favorite dueller: Gryz.  So one-dimensional it hurts.

Strongest dueller: Profound Darkness, without a doubt.  Stupidly good durability and high power.  Textbook High Godlike.
Weakest dueller: Raja.  Joke Light.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Rune/Justin writeups.  Few of the running gags are more amusing.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Demi getting randomly splattered so many times in Heavy.

A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Even if DF wasn't ranked, he still has his PS2 form, so...none.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? Probably one of my outright favorite games.  This being the game that got me into RPGs to start with, so...yeah.  Also, the tons of ID isn't that bad given the prevalence of death blockers and death-immunes throughout the primarily inhabited divisions.

Suggestions: Xenogears, FFT
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 01:51:02 AM »
Final Fantasy X

Favorite dueller: Uh. Shitted if I know. Half it's cast is bland and the other half is obnoxious. Auron?
Least favorite dueller: Yuna. Cheater.

Strongest dueller: I'll choose Lulu today.
Weakest dueller: Rikku. At least Kimarhi has evade and counter.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: None really. This isn't a big DL game for me.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Anytime Yuna gets in and pisses all over the concept of the league.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: None. It was ranked right.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: See above.

I don't mind most of the cast(Evade and Counter is whorish but it's not that huge a deal to me), but I don't really care for any of it.
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 02:22:29 AM »
Updating this tomorrow. Any suggestions for next time? looks like SoA and FFT if no one objects.
-------------------

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 03:23:50 AM »
FFT/SoA works, yeah.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2008, 12:40:23 AM »
New one is up, but oh well.

Final Fantasy X

Favorite dueller: Yuna, barring Aeons she just has a load of tricks to go with her speed, fun times.  Aeons are a nice get out of jail free card for her tough matches though
Least favorite dueller: Kim, been said

Weakest dueller: Kim, loses to anyone that is pure 100% evadeable physical

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Tidus winning heavy, not because I think he's a godlike, but because the forum hate was hilarious.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Seymour still not winning a title.  Even if his power comes from the fact that's it's 1v1 instead of 1v3, his 8000 damage, combined with sick defenses is still ridiculous overkill

A character you'd like to see added to the game: CHOCOBO EATER!!
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: It's fine

Items make the PC cast damn strong, but it's really not different than someone relying purely on... silent lake for example.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2008, 01:58:39 AM »
Final Fantasy X

Favorite dueller: Tidus, I like particular tricks, even if E&C tends to be his main strategy.
Least favorite dueller: Yuna, since I allow Aeons - it just makes her feel bland. But I can't disallow them due to my own view on it as a skill.

Weakest dueller: Kimahri, since I'm really lenient on item-use.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Nothing really stands out.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Again, I like the cast, but nothing they've done in the DL since I've been around has been exciting.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Rank Braska! NPC power hype!
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: They're all fine.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? An overall likable game, I'd prefer Yuna without Aeons, but I also prescribe to all characters deserving their 'best possible legal forms'.

Phantasy Star 4

Favorite dueller: Rika, a true PC in a boss-filled division.
Least favorite dueller: Don't dislike anyone.

Strongest dueller: Profound Darkness, who is awesome, despite how I always seem to be losing to her in RPGmon.
Weakest dueller: Raja, who is awesome despite being the weakest dueller in the cast.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Wren and Rika's battle was interesting.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Nothing stands out as offensive.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Seth! (no, not really)
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: No problems, a well-ranked game.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? Just noting that I'd like to see more of Dio.

alanna82

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2008, 02:30:32 AM »
Final Fantasy X

Favorite dueller: Rikku
Least favorite dueller: Tidus/Wakka/Lulu/Yuna too many godlike PC's

Strongest dueller: no comment....
Weakest dueller: Kimhari

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Wakka downgrading from godlike
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Tidus and Wakka's godlike upgrades

A character you'd like to see added to the game: none

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? too many godlikes

Phantasy Star 4

Favorite dueller: Rika
Least favorite dueller: none

Strongest dueller: Rika

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Even though I wasnt there Strago vs PS4 sounds funny
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: none really

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Seth, I took him to daughters dungeon and gained him some levels, so I saw him in action more than most do >_>
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: looks good