Author Topic: Plot Power Tourney - S32  (Read 2161 times)

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Plot Power Tourney - S32
« on: January 31, 2008, 12:21:40 AM »
Haven't seen a Plot Power Tourney in a long while. Since no one else seems to want to make one, I'll give it a shot.

Season 32 was the first season that I was really able to get into the DL voting, so it holds a special place in that dried organ which used to be my heart. Hopefully this season hasn't already been involved in the Plotpower Tourney... >.>

So, the rules haven't changed! The matchups were chosen from Season 32 and this time around you'll be voting for who would win in a fight based on the character's in-game legacy. Chris Lightfellow might be a Godlike in terms of fighting prowess, but she's merely a True Runebearer when compared to Odin (a Heavy), who is the God King of Asgard himself.

Have fun! I'll update this in a week.

Godlike

Kefka (FF6) vs. Belial (WA4)
Empyrea (DQ8) vs. Luther Lansfield (SO3)
Patriarch Sergius XVII (XS2) vs. Ultros (FF6)
Zio (PS4) vs. Chaos (FFI)

Heavy

Darkham (AtL4) vs. Carlie (SD3)
Clive Winslett (WA3) vs. Kanon (WA2)
Popoi (SoM) vs. Brad Evans (WA2)
Serge (CC) vs. Malik Benedict (WA3)

Middle

Marisa (FE8) vs. Luna (Lunar1)
Gafgarion (FFT) vs. Rand (BoF2)
Shana (LoD) vs. Rath (FE7)
Mog (FF6) vs. Sarah (SF2)

Light

Galleon (S5) vs.  Amada (S2)
Sid (S2) vs. Guido (G1)
Hrist (VP1) vs. Priscilla (FE7)
Shante (AtL2) vs. Seth (FE8)

Bonus:
Justin (G1) vs. Rune Walsh (PS4)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Plot Power Tourney - S32
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 12:45:24 AM »
Godlike

Kefka (FF6) vs. Belial (WA4)- Donno.  Going with gut.
Empyrea (DQ8) vs. Luther Lansfield (SO3)- Luther's pretty much near unbeatable in this format isn't he?
Zio (PS4) vs. Chaos (FFI)- Zio's just a flunky, Chaos is the big baddie.

Heavy

Darkham (AtL4) vs. Carlie (SD3)- Random mage versus powerful emperor. Yeah.
Clive Winslett (WA3) vs. Kanon (WA2)- Pass.
Popoi (SoM) vs. Brad Evans (WA2)- Don't remember anything being made of Popoi.
Serge (CC) vs. Malik Benedict (WA3)- I'm tempted to autovote based on CC plot power being worthless though.

Middle

Marisa (FE8) vs. Luna (Lunar1)- Goddess.
Gafgarion (FFT) vs. Rand (BoF2)- Gaf's pretty good at what he does, Rand's just a tough fighter. He's killed plenty of those in his time.
Shana (LoD) vs. Rath (FE7)- Shana for puny here.
Mog (FF6) vs. Sarah (SF2)- Moogles kick ass.

Light

Galleon (S5) vs.  Amada (S2)- About as close as the DL fight was. Queen's Knights are very good plotwise cept for the failure traitors.
Sid (S2) vs. Guido (G1)- Ah, yet another format where Guido is utterly puny.
Hrist (VP1) vs. Priscilla (FE7)- Hrist's not all that strong plot wise at the end of VP1, but still head and shoulders above Pris.
Shante (AtL2) vs. Seth (FE8)- Yeah, I'll take a veteran over a rookie here.

Bonus:
Justin (G1) vs. Rune Walsh (PS4)- This is the easist match here. Justin's Aura of Idiocy cannot be broken by any amount of logic or reason. Rune attempts to beat sense into him and passes out from the effort.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 01:13:13 AM »
Godlike

Belial (WA4)- Belial's plot power is phenominal. And the official explanation to why she lost is she made the wrong choice of fighting the good guys face to face. She is almost invincible other wise.
Empyrea (DQ8)- Lucy? Godlike? Ahahahaha! He is just a powerless programer outside Eternal Sphere domain. I don't remeber the rainbow bird to be a part of his gaming code... especially when Empyrea is a cross world diety in the first place? Yeah, Lucy fries.
Patriarch Sergius XVII (XS2)- Saly, I'll go witht he space pope.
Chaos (FFI)- Simply outmatched

Heavy

Darkham (AtL4)- The loli has plot powers???
Kanon (WA2)- This really is a whatever fight
Brad Evans (WA2)- I don't remeber Popoi has any plot powe either....
Serge (CC)- HATE!!!

Middle

Luna (Lunar1)- FE grunts can fry
Gafgarion (FFT)- Another wtahever fight
Rath (FE7)- It's Shana
Mog (FF6)- Another whatever thing

Light

Galleon (S5)- A none fail queen's knight look good on paper, at least.
Sid (S2) vs. Guido (G1)
Hrist (VP1)- Plot wise? Why is she light then?
Seth (FE8)- Is not a ranom singer who has no profession in fighting.

Bonus:
Justin (G1) vs. Rune Walsh (PS4)- DIE!!!

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 02:18:41 AM »
This is an unearthly coincidence.  I was actually thinking about posting a Plot Power tourney of my own tonight, and see I was beaten to it by an hour.  Wow.

Godlike

Kefka (FF6) vs. Belial (WA4) - This is a tough one.  By all rights Belial should be super-godlike and unstoppable (create nether realm without ground, splat), but she can be/was goaded into a "fair" fight with her powers depleted due to creating too large a dimension.  And Kefka is certainly an excellent taunter (see: Cyan).  The problem is...  even with plot powers go, Kefka still loses the fair fight.  He still has to get around Belial's damn barrier, which as the DL proved, he can't really.  Unless you allow the Light of Judgment even in a plot power tourney?  Nah.
Empyrea (DQ8) vs. Luther Lansfield (SO3) - Empyrea was just toying with the party in DQ8, and is a godlike entity that exists between dimensions (see: DW3 connection).  The master programmer is merely very powerful.  If he'd been smart enough to program in a delete option and had fought the final battle via deleting the characters, that'd be one thing.  Deleting the DL in general will kill him as well in a draw, so that's a no go.  In fact, on second thought, it won't even kill Empyrea- see the previous "can travel between dimensions" thing.  If he deletes the Eternal Sphere, she just flies out while he kills himself, because he can only delete it from inside it (WTF?).
Patriarch Sergius XVII (XS2) vs. Ultros (FF6) - Cathedral, heavy vs. comic relief.
Zio (PS4) vs. Chaos (FFI) - Minion vs. Time loop hype.

Heavy

Darkham (AtL4) vs. Carlie (SD3) - Darkham's main power is determination + guns, but he's arrogant and overconfident and has the usual villain foibiles.  Carlie...  if she was at all a tricky type or even a generic hero, I might give her the nod, but she's just a kid who can't speak right.  Failure.
Clive Winslett (WA3) vs. Kanon (WA2) - Ooooh, close.  Battle of the WA badassess.  Kanon is ultimately beaten down, while Clive never really loses, and comes in single-handedly to save the party at one point.  Clive also has the range advantage and is probably trickier/smarter.
Popoi (SoM) vs. Brad Evans (WA2) - The Sprite is a bit of comic relief.  The magic might be a problem, but eh, Prisoner 666 of the Slayheim Liberation Army has a railgun and probably first strike.
Serge (CC) vs. Malik Benedict (WA3) - Serge's special power is that his DNA opens the way to the Frozen Flame in Chronopolis.  Okay, and he can use the Chrono Cross too.  That is it.  Malik,  however, does have powers that actually apply here.

Middle

Marisa (FE8) vs. Luna (Lunar1) - For sanity's sake I'm taking not-endgame Luna here (since Althena is almost an autowin even in Godlike).  Doesn't matter; Luna sings her Black Dragon song and makes Marisa get sick and useless.  Like Miang, she's pretty much an autowin against women.
Gafgarion (FFT) vs. Rand (BoF2) - Gaff is pretty competent in game.
Shana (LoD) vs. Rath (FE7) - Oh, fly for extra arrow damage!  Being the Seed of Destruction or whatever doesn't actually help that much; hard to tell what it actually would have done, thanks to the weird plot dodge at the end of the game where she randomly doesn't become the 108th race out to devour all humans.  Too bad for her in this tourney she didn't.
Mog (FF6) vs. Sarah (SF2) - Abstain.

Light

Galleon (S5) vs.  Amada (S2) - Queen's Knight, shown as pretty awesome after the wedding banquet.
Sid (S2) vs. Guido (G1) - Guido tells Sid that there has to be another way, and a path suddenly appears!  ...not that this helps.
Hrist (VP1) vs. Priscilla (FE7) - VP1 Hrist is mocked in-game for attacking Brahms too early before she regained her full strength, but VP is kinda off the charts on power scale in general, where normal humans are barely able to keep up with level 1 Einjerhar.
Shante (AtL2) vs. Seth (FE8) - Seth is a handpicked bodyguard and all.

Bonus:
Justin (G1) vs. Rune Walsh (PS4) - Justin always finds a way, somehow.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 02:20:41 AM by SnowFire »

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 03:23:28 AM »
Godlike
Kefka (FF6) vs. Belial (WA4) - Sucks for Kefka... his plot power rapes all the other Godlikes I can vote on.  I mean shit, he destroys the damn world.  Problem is... Belial can create worlds and destroy them.

Middle
Marisa (FE8) vs. Luna (Lunar1) - Marisa lacks much plot power
Gafgarion (FFT) vs. Rand (BoF2) - Ha ha BoF scrub
Shana (LoD) vs. Rath (FE7) - Rath doesn't have much plot power either, but he's not Shana

Light
Hrist (VP1) vs. Priscilla (FE7) - Hrist might take the biggest jump in DL in terms of actual power to plot power.

Also Niu, I believe Djinn took the field straight from Season 32, hence the lack of division changes.  Plot/Game power usually match up to an extent, but certain people (Hrist) rape in one and blow in the other.

Taishyr

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 06:09:47 AM »
Godlike

Kefka (FF6) vs. Belial (WA4) - Kefka's not good enough to force her into an open fight, thus fries. (He... could use Light of Judgment if he could manage it, but yeah. No.)
Empyrea (DQ8) vs. Luther Lansfield (SO3) - Luther respect for me is high. ...Godbird respect is far higher.
Zio (PS4) vs. Chaos (FFI) - When in doubt, !flunky.

Heavy

Popoi (SoM) vs. Brad Evans (WA2) - SoM Plot? Hah.

Middle

Gafgarion (FFT) vs. Rand (BoF2) - Going for the guy who should be able to run you all over (roll mode on the world map, anyone?) over the one who... gets killed by Ramza before Ch. 3. ...Yeah, um. Sadly, this is far too close ever with minimal Gaff respect anywhere on the board.
Shana (LoD) vs. Rath (FE7) - Arrows.
Mog (FF6) vs. Sarah (SF2) - .....ahaahahahahahhahhaahhaaaaaahahahahahahahaha.

Light

Hrist (VP1) vs. Priscilla (FE7) - Goddess vs. ... -_-; Uneven, this.

Bonus:
Justin (G1) vs. Rune Walsh (PS4) - Tells Justin there's candy in the nearest Tarrasque cave. That ends that.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 06:22:38 AM »
Godlike

Kefka (FF6) vs. Belial (WA4)- Even supposing the sum of magical power in FFVI Land was comperable to Belial's raw power... well, spatial manipulation tends to insta-spoil anyone that can't respond in kind (or counter with time powers, maybe?).
Empyrea (DQ8) vs. Luther Lansfield (SO3)- Even tossing Luther a bone and letting him do the GM Hack thing... Empyrea impesses more.
Zio (PS4) vs. Chaos (FFI)

Heavy

Darkham (AtL4) vs. Carlie (SD3)- Pass.
Clive Winslett (WA3) vs. Kanon (WA2)- Yeah.
Popoi (SoM) vs. Brad Evans (WA2)- Pass.
Serge (CC) vs. Malik Benedict (WA3)- Amusing.

Middle

Gafgarion (FFT) vs. Rand (BoF2)- Although I'm tempted... it seems like Rand kinda shrugged off some guards at some point in a "his race mock puny humans" manner, but I'm not sure and Gaffy is kinda crafty so might circumvent anyways.
Shana (LoD) vs. Rath (FE7)- What the fuck are you all on?  Shana or not, Dragoons smash puny humans AND Shana has freaky Plot Invincibility Nonsense.
Mog (FF6) vs. Sarah (SF2)- Pass.

Light

Galleon (S5) vs.  Amada (S2)- Queen's Knight vs... some guy.
Sid (S2) vs. Guido (G1)- Yeha, Grandia doesn't really hype Guido for fighting prowess.
Hrist (VP1) vs. Priscilla (FE7)
Shante (AtL2) vs. Seth (FE8)- Pass.

Bonus:
Justin (G1) vs. Rune Walsh (PS4)- Justin is speshul, but Rune is no slouch AND has generations of experience behind him.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 10:09:17 PM »
Godlike

Kefka (FF6) vs. Belial (WA4)-Yeeeeah, Belial's battle ability isn't nearly as nasty as her plot power. And that's saying something.
Empyrea (DQ8) vs. Luther Lansfield (SO3)-Empy's got some plot power behind her, but I'm giving this to Luther.
Zio (PS4) vs. Chaos (FFI)-Oh so one sided.

Heavy

Darkham (AtL4) vs. Carlie (SD3)-Darkham didn't get where he is by losing to little girls.
Clive Winslett (WA3) vs. Kanon (WA2)-Kinda up in the air here. Think she'll push herself harder for a victory then Clive will. I can't see victory in an arena setting really mattering all that much to him. He's got more important things to do.
Popoi (SoM) vs. Brad Evans (WA2)-I could drum up some tricky sprite bullshit here, but I won't. Brad's tech and Popoi's nature magic cancel out, leaving the hardened vet to overcome the mouthy sprite.

Middle

Marisa (FE8) vs. Luna (Lunar1)-FE kinda sucks at plot power.
Gafgarion (FFT) vs. Rand (BoF2)-Gaff will be able to lure Rand into some kind of trap, sure.
Shana (LoD) vs. Rath (FE7)-I'm with CK here. "lol arrows>flying!!1" is trumped by "Dragoon smash puny human" pretty damn hard. Also FE plot states quite flatly that Dragons>>>>>>>Humans without special dragon killing weapons.
Mog (FF6) vs. Sarah (SF2)-Moogles control nature hype goes here. <_<;

Light

Galleon (S5) vs.  Amada (S2)-Oi. If it weren't for Hrist, Galleon would have a shot at taking this half no sweat.
Sid (S2) vs. Guido (G1)
Hrist (VP1) vs. Priscilla (FE7)-Champ.
Shante (AtL2) vs. Seth (FE8)-Hmm, Seth might be able to give Galleon a run for his money, plotwise. He's pretty damn good. Too bad Hrist is gonna mulch him next round.

Bonus:
Justin (G1) vs. Rune Walsh (PS4)-Despite my lack of G1, this is a bonus match so I can vote anyway. And see CK, essentially.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 12:41:24 AM »
Patriarch Sergius XVII (XS2) vs. Ultros (FF6): Comic relief is a light in plot tourney.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 04:19:02 AM »
Godlike

Kefka (FF6) vs. Belial (WA4)- Belial
Empyrea (DQ8) vs. Luther Lansfield (SO3)- Gut says Luther. Empyrea is a Godbird, but Luther actually created a world.
Patriarch Sergius XVII (XS2) vs. Ultros (FF6)- Patriarch
Zio (PS4) vs. Chaos (FFI)- Chaos

Heavy

Darkham (AtL4) vs. Carlie (SD3)- Darkham
Clive Winslett (WA3) vs. Kanon (WA2)- Kanon
Popoi (SoM) vs. Brad Evans (WA2)- No idea here.
Serge (CC) vs. Malik Benedict (WA3)- Serge

Middle

Marisa (FE8) vs. Luna (Lunar1)- Luna
Gafgarion (FFT) vs. Rand (BoF2)- Rand, I think. Gaff seemed like the aging mercenary relying on wits (that didn't get him very far anyways).
Shana (LoD) vs. Rath (FE7)- Shana. I will second the "What, Rath is getting votes here?" Rath is a mercenary. Shana is the embodiment of destruction who at least demonstrates plot powers, even if those powers are the fully scope of what the plot could imply she could do.
Mog (FF6) vs. Sarah (SF2)- Uh...

Light

Galleon (S5) vs.  Amada (S2)- Galleon
Sid (S2) vs. Guido (G1)- Sid
Hrist (VP1) vs. Priscilla (FE7)- Hrist
...into the nightfall.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 03:56:03 AM »
Kefka (FF6) vs. Belial (WA4): Think people are overrating the Magnitude of Belial's Power.  Its not THAT obscene and all that.  That said, unsure for now.
Empyrea (DQ8) vs. Luther Lansfield (SO3): God Bird vs. Guy whose power comes purely from being external, and once that part is ruled out...yeah...
Patriarch Sergius XVII (XS2) vs. Ultros (FF6): I forget what Sergius can do offhand, though I THINK he did like deflect attacks tossed at him by Albedo, which is enough to give him credit for Ultros.
Zio (PS4) vs. Chaos (FFI): When it comes down to it, Chaos is the equivalent of the God that Zio was bowing too.

Heavy

Darkham (AtL4) vs. Carlie (SD3): Weird situation, but Darkham has no plot power to speak of, its all military and strategic combat prowess, along with authority.  Meanwhile, Carlie has the aid of the 8 Mana Spirits and is Half Elf or something.  Yeah, this fight makes no sense.
Clive Winslett (WA3) vs. Kanon (WA2): Bionic Assassin and all that means more than Normal Human (if a smart one) with a gun.
Popoi (SoM) vs. Brad Evans (WA2): Popoi has magic, Brad is the only one who can properly use things like Rail Guns which blow holes in giant space stations...yeah...
Serge (CC) vs. Malik Benedict (WA3): Serge has the power of the Chrono Cross and all that arbiter nonsense, which probably puts him ahead of Malik?  As a reminder, one thing the WA3 Prophets weren't was this all powerful race.  If nothing else, Siegfriend is superior to them, and Siegfried was shown to not be this invincible knight and what not (Maya held her own against him, for example, if losing.)

Middle

Marisa (FE8) vs. Luna (Lunar1): Girl who has the powers of Althena vs. Girl who does not.
Gafgarion (FFT) vs. Rand (BoF2): If nothing else, Gafgarion has loads more experience on his side to offset Rand's advantage in physical build.
Shana (LoD) vs. Rath (FE7): Dragoon Powers vs. No Dragoon Powers.
Mog (FF6) vs. Sarah (SF2): Mog can control terrain, which means more than a random healer that does nothing, frankly.  Mog also beats up Lonewolf, Sarah beats up nothing <_<

Light

Galleon (S5) vs.  Amada (S2): Queen's Knight (which is to say, an Elite Warrior) vs. Guy who gets beat up by a kid with tonfas, who WASN'T using his Rune.
Sid (S2) vs. Guido (G1): If nothing else, Cid can fly, Guido can not <_<
Hrist (VP1) vs. Priscilla (FE7): Even if based off her VP1 appearance, Hrist's plot power is a lot higher than most normal characters. Keep in mind, Hrist was facing Brahms (aka someone who is equal to many of the stronger Gods), alongside Arngrim, Mystina and Lezard, who are no slouches themselves, so its no wonder she failed in battle.
Shante (AtL2) vs. Seth (FE8): Royal Knight with experience and all that vs. random singing girl.

Bonus:
Justin (G1) vs. Rune Walsh (PS4): Esper vs. Idiot Adventure kid <_<
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2008, 08:31:27 AM »
Godlike
Kefka (FF6) vs. Belial (WA4)
Empyrea (DQ8) vs. Luther Lansfield (SO3)
Zio (PS4) vs. Chaos (FF1)

Heavy
Darkham (AtL4) vs. Carlie (SD3)
Clive Winslett (WA3) vs. Kanon (WA2)
Popoi (SoM) vs. Brad Evans (WA2)

Middle
Gafgarion (FFT) vs. Rand (BoF2)
Shana (LoD) vs. Rath (FE7)
Mog (FF6) vs. Sarah (SF2)

Light