Author Topic: Proving Grounds 2- Low light- I'm proud of the matches here.  (Read 1065 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Proving Grounds 2- Low light- I'm proud of the matches here.
« on: September 27, 2016, 12:54:22 AM »
The first round's still open, I just want to get this posted while I have time. I am including a bonus unranked fighter in each division. It's a low to chew on, so take your time/etc!

Doll- Bad at speed, bad at offense, but at least can sorta drain?!
Emma- Her stats are............. not good. But hey, skillset!
Garr- The Brood clearly threw the fight, if this is the best the dragon hunters had.
Kain- Wishes he had slightly more offense.
Goofy- Always wondered how he would do in PG and he looks kinda bad on paper.

Doll (SaGa) vs Gepetto (SH2)
Doll vs Kid (CC)
Doll vs Amy (PS2)
Doll vs Cyan (FF6)
Doll vs Gogen (AtLC)
Doll vs Raja (PS4)
Doll vs Onix (PKMN)
Doll vs Chidori (Pers3)
Doll vs Alenia (S5)
Doll vs Chu-Chu (XG)
Doll vs Ard (WA2)
Doll vs Marcus (FE7)

Emma (ACF) vs Gepetto (SH2)
Emma vs Kid (CC)
Emma vs Amy (PS2)
Emma vs Cyan (FF6)
Emma vs Gogen (AtLC)
Emma vs Raja (PS4)
Emma vs Onix (PKMN)
Emma vs Chidori (Pers3)
Emma vs Alenia (S5)
Emma vs Chu-Chu (XG)
Emma vs Ard (WA2)
Emma vs Marcus (FE7)

Garr (BoF3) vs Gepetto (SH2)
Garr vs Kid (CC)
Garr vs Amy (PS2)
Garr vs Cyan (FF6)
Garr vs Gogen (AtLC)
Garr vs Raja (PS4)
Garr vs Onix (PKMN)
Garr vs Chidori (Pers3)
Garr vs Alenia (S5)
Garr vs Chu-Chu (XG)
Garr vs Ard (WA2)
Garr vs Marcus (FE7)

Kain (FF4) vs Gepetto (SH2)
Kain vs Kid (CC)
Kain vs Amy (PS2)
Kain vs Cyan (FF6)
Kain vs Gogen (AtLC)
Kain vs Raja (PS4)
Kain vs Onix (PKMN)
Kain vs Chidori (Pers3)
Kain vs Alenia (S5)
Kain vs Chu-Chu (XG)
Kain vs Ard (WA2)
Kain vs Marcus (FE7)

Goofy (KH1) vs Gepetto (SH2)
Goofy vs Kid (CC)
Goofy vs Amy (PS2)
Goofy vs Cyan (FF6)
Goofy vs Gogen (AtLC)
Goofy vs Raja (PS4)
Goofy vs Onix (PKMN)
Goofy vs Chidori (Pers3)
Goofy vs Alenia (S5)
Goofy vs Chu-Chu (XG)
Goofy vs Ard (WA2)
Goofy vs Marcus (FE7)
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Proving Grounds 2- Low light- I'm proud of the matches here.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 02:35:15 AM »
Doll (SaGa) vs Gepetto (SH2)- Has offense. Gepetto clearly too OP for this field.
Doll vs Kid (CC)= Think so? Kid does a ton of damage turn 1 and is a lot faster. Doll can slow the fight down with Glass Shield but not by enough to matter.
Doll vs Amy (PS2)- Status.
Doll vs Cyan (FF6)- Cleave. I don't think Doll can do a damn thing to stop it. (Wtf)
Doll vs Gogen (AtLC)- Heal lock. Doll is dead as soon as drain misses , and it will before Gogen's out of MP.
Doll vs Raja (PS4)- Seals.
Doll vs Onix (PKMN)- Status I'd think.
Doll vs Alenia (S5)- I think? Alenia allegedly has fire magic which would be terrible for Doll and she has a ton of MDef- it's gonna make the draining suck.
Doll vs Chu-Chu (XG)- Status.
Doll vs Ard (WA2)- Draining works.
Doll vs Marcus (FE7)- Draining? Marcus might be able to slug his way out of it, but his RES is bad too, enough so that it might push her status to turn 1.

Garr (BoF3) vs Gepetto (SH2)- Easy enough.
Garr vs Kid (CC)- Kid really hates fire defense. Hitting the wrong stat against Garr too.
Garr vs Amy (PS2)- Outlasts in the saddest of slapfights.
Garr vs Cyan (FF6)- I don't think Garr can deal with Empower spam offhand?
Garr vs Gogen (AtLC)- *Calcs* Garr... goes first and 2HKOs with the Beast Spear. *Dropkicks Gogen* that is some Paulatastic performance right there. Get out.`
Garr vs Raja (PS4)- blessing.
Garr vs Onix (PKMN)- Better tank, even resist Garr's fire magic.
Garr vs Alenia (S5)- Alenia... win with physicals? No.
Garr vs Chu-Chu (XG)- Yeah I don't think Garr can run Chu-Chu out of MP here. Chu-Chu's durability isn't complete shit with the idol and Garr can't take advantage of the awful speed. *Vomit*
Garr vs Ard (WA2)- Ard.
Garr vs Marcus (FE7)- Marcus isn't getting doubled and has more base damage. That is so fucking sad.

Kain (FF4) vs Gepetto (SH2)- Strong kneejerk. Gepetto's got okay damage but he's pretty slow, but I don't think Kain can really take advantage of that.
Kain vs Kid (CC)- Fire defense.
Kain vs Amy (PS2)- Blood Spear.
Kain vs Cyan (FF6)- Think so? Kain can jump out of the way of any dangerous charges and Cyan can't hold those, so yeah.
Kain vs Gogen (AtLC)- Gogen is so bad against fighters.
Kain vs Raja (PS4)- Blood spear: Shouldn't keep working, but it does (against really bad light healers)
Kain vs Onix (PKMN)- Itemcast Blizzara? Sure. I don't think Onix can deal with that (...........)
Kain vs Alenia (S5)- Resists Explosion. Alenia is sad.
Kain vs Chu-Chu (XG)- Clearly Light cannot stop the Blood Spear hype.
Kain vs Ard (WA2)- Surely.
Kain vs Marcus (FE7)- No idea.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 04:52:39 AM »
Emma's the only one I feel comfortable doing out of this set.

Emma (ACF) vs Gepetto (SH2) - Gepetto equips a petrify blocker, goes first, and 2HKOs with almost all of his magic.  For Emma to win, she would need to cast Arc-En-Ciel and get the Sleep to proc (she has other spells which are 50%, so they're still solidly turn 2).  If the confuse procs, Emma has to pray he hits himself in the coinflip so she can cast Reset and try again.  If the sleep DOES proc, then she gets three chances of trying something fatal.  Of course, if both the sleep/confuse miss, or if he physicals her after the confuse after even just a Passion, she dies.
Emma vs Kid (CC) - The CC Stat topic confuses me too badly, so I suppose that means it's been too long since I've played CC.
Emma vs Amy (PS2) - Emma should have no issue statusing out Amy here, and I don't think there's anything Amy can do about it.  No vote for no PS2, though.
Emma vs Cyan (FF6) - Cyan can't block sleep, and needs three turns to kill.  Emma alternates Sleep and Reset until it sticks, then goes for something fatal.
Emma vs Gogen (AtLC) - No vote, never played an AtL game.
Emma vs Raja (PS4) - Raja silences Emma.  No vote because no PS4, but this seems VERY simple.
Emma vs Onix (PKMN) - You either 2HKO Emma, be immune to most of her debilitating status, or you lose.  Onix fails.
Emma vs Chidori (Pers3) - Should be Chidori here, unless Spontaneous Combustion affects bosses too.
Emma vs Alenia (S5) - I...  Think?  I dunno, this fight is just sad.
Emma vs Chu-Chu (XG) - Chu-Chu 3HKOs.  Of course, Emma can't be stopped from alternating status and healing, and eventually something fatal sticks.
Emma vs Ard (WA2) - Ard 2 Dump Truck Tackle 2HKOs Emma, and she has to spend too many of her resources just to try to mitigate that.  Ard being a boss means he's immune to most statii, so.
Emma vs Marcus (FE7) - Marcus fails to double and only 3HKOs.  Welcome to status/healing/reset hell.  Crits might tip this, but eh.  No vote due to no FE7.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 04:47:55 PM »
Doll (SaGa) vs Gepetto (SH2) - Oh good lord. Gepetto can 2HKO Doll with a boosted Elem cast (dat 0.75 Force-elemental durability...) and arguably even resist DarkSphere slightly if he goes Dark Beauty. Since he's considerably faster and doesn't suffer from recharge times on the elem casts, this pretty much owns Doll, who explodes inevitably on a double.
Doll vs Kid (CC) - Quite frankly, I'm heavily inclined to allow CC-style chains, which can be stopped and reopened almost at whim as long as you have Stamina handy, to mostly own GlassShield. If I see multi-hit attacks doing it, can't see why I wouldn't do the same for CC. Past that, usual Doll applies.
Doll vs Amy Sage (PS2) - This match is COMPLETELY AWFUL. Amy can buff her speed indefinitely, but that goes very slowly (10 Agility a pop. It takes her -four casts- just to get herself to average Agility, which is "..."), eats into valuable resources and that risks getting eaten by DarkSphere. In fact, Doll may as well just alternate PowerGrab and PhantasmShot casts to troll Amy until she eats it to one of the good status. Amy could answer that by using her Silence Shot to halve Doll's already kinda shaky magical accuracy, but then she is DOOMED to run out of resources and any sort of damage whatsoever before Doll dies. The aiel seriously dipped into the pit of Volles to concoct these matches.
Doll vs Cyan Garamonde (FF6) - Oh dear god, Cyan wins this fight by flaunting EMPOWERER, doesn't he. It trolls GlassShield and I think the only truly relevant status from PhantasmShot here is instant death. Meanwhile, he still has issues (Quadra Slice would be a finisher of sorts, but it actually rams into Doll's above average HP instead of her miserable defenses), but dear god, Doll so bad and she also wants to block instant death here for insurance.
Doll vs Gogen (AtLC) - Average speed after the first turn, has plenty of resources to blow through to run Doll out of steam, the mdef makes PowerGrab even worse.
Doll vs Raja (PS4) - Raja be faster and Doll has -no- recourse against Silence. Have fun.
Doll vs Onix (PKMN) - EDIT: OH GOD BIDE IS RELEVANT AGAINST DOLL. Fail.
Doll vs Chidori Yoshino (Pers3) - I guess. Chidori is particularly awful against mages - even Doll-level mages.
Doll vs Alenia (S5) - OH WHAT THE HELL SUPER. Alenia 2HKOs Doll and -might- be faster. Meanwhile, Doll's best bet herself is running GUN PHYSICALS, which mightily 4HKO Alenia. To make matters worse, Alenia mdef does things to Doll's draining.
Doll vs Chu-Chu (XG) - Oh hell, Doll's awful status does Chu-Chu in, doesn't it.
Doll vs Ard (WA2) - Ard is slower than -Tim-? Oh what the hell. He gets trolled hardcore by GlassShield, I don't even think he can avoid the damage.
Doll vs Marcus (FE7) - Doll hates FE counters and she's so slow she likely can't double Marcus. Javelins or Hand Axes laugh at GlassShield.

Emma Hetfield (ACF) vs Gepetto (SH2) - Rule of thumb: Emma on average -does not beat- anyone faster who 2HKOs her. This constitutes a shockingly large amount of the DL even in Light.
Emma Hetfield vs Kid (CC) - As seen above. Kid could sometimes fumble some of the chains, constituting grounds for Reset shenanigans, but... on the other hand, the same argument also opens the floodgates for things like crits to come into actual play. The random number generator games rarely ever favor Emma when she only can get one turn reliably.
Emma Hetfield vs Amy Sage (PS2) - However, when Emma gets two turns or more, she gets far more leeway to get things to work on her favor. Amy's offense is just too awful to pressure her.
Emma Hetfield vs Cyan Garamonde (FF6) - Yep. Cyan -might- have had a shot if Quadra Slice didn't have over two turns of charging time.
Emma Hetfield vs Gogen (AtLC) - Gogen just 2HKOs Emma and goes first, which leads us to our opening corollary.
Emma Hetfield vs Raja (PS4) - Raja's ever slightly faster and, once again, Emma dislikes Silence.
Emma Hetfield vs Onix (PKMN) - Good lord, she can hit that W4.
Emma Hetfield vs Chidori Yoshino (Pers3) - EDIT: Welp. Emma goes first (getting lapped afterwards, but see later for why this doesn't matter) and opens the Anti-Fire elemental field, which ultimately walls Chidori's offense enough to keep even a 3HKO away and should guarantee Emma 2HKOs her... which she does pretty much on the dot. Chidori's just awful enough.
Emma Hetfield vs Chu-Chu (XG) - See Emma vs. Amy.
Emma vs Ard (WA2) - Well, for consistency, if Ard is slightly slower than Doll, he's slower than Emma. However, Emma has problems winning against bosses who 2HKO her regardless of whether she's faster or not. She dies too fast for Rule of Vengeance to be worth it.
Emma Hetfielfd vs Marcus (FE7) - Problem with Reset shenanigans against Marcus: Killer Lances. And he goes first. And a Killer crit should OHKO Emma because Emma sucks. The numbers game starts looking very ugly here.

Garr (BoF3) vs Gepetto (SH2) - Garr is terrible, terrible, terrible. Gepetto is faster and 3HKOs at worst while not being even close to 2HKOed back.
Garr vs Kid (CC) - ...
Garr vs Amy Sage (PS2) - Deban makes Garr fail even worse than usual. Amy sticks to ITD Poison Shots and wins the battle in about two or three hours.
Garr vs Cyan Garamonde (FF6) - Empowerer spam strikes again. Garr, you suck.
Garr vs Gogen (AtLC) - Garr misses the 2HKO and goes last. Gogen should 3HKO fair and square (Gogen seriously doesn't feel like that bad a Light anyway. Adequate damage if nothing else, just wow the pdur, which this pool SUCKS at exploiting).
Garr vs Raja (PS4) - So, Garr -barely- 2HKOs Raja with Pyrokinesis, which means that, even if faster, he misses it post-Blessing. And he's not much faster if -at all-. Way to go, man.
Garr vs Onix (PKMN) - Inferno ain't cutting it with Onix's resistance. Heck, Onix is likely faster and that makes Bide (...) relevant again. So much fail.
Garr vs Chidori Yoshino (Pers3) - TETRAKARN ABUSE IS GO AND CHIDORI ABSORBS FIRE. Dear -lord-.
Garr vs Alenia (S5) - Garr absorbing Fire makes this an awful match for Alenia (not that -most- matches aren't awful for her, but she's been cleaning house so far. What the hell, aiel). Good god.
Garr vs Chu-Chu (XG) - Garr against healing, even Chu-Chu healing, is pretty uguu.
Garr vs Ard (WA2) - Faster and somehow outslugs in spite of 4HKOing because Ard likely 4HKOs himself.
Garr vs Marcus (FE7) - Counters and better damage (.......), if nothing else, tip this. Garr, why are you so bad.

Kain Highwind (FF4) vs Gepetto (SH2) - Gepetto runs the Light dress and now Kain doesn't even 4HKO him while getting easily 3HKOed back. Being fast just doesn't matter.
Kain Highwind vs Kid (CC) - Kid getting her burst damage halved kinda sucks, but I think she still can eke out more damage than Kain can. Close match, which is kinda pathetic.
Kain Highwind vs Amy Sage (PS2) - Oh dear god, I'll have to numbercrunch this. Deban makes Blood Spear even worse than usual, but Amy damage real bad and her base defense is trashy as well. If Kain can reliably keep his HP afloat, Amy loses pretty clearly. And I suppose... yeah, this isn't much different from Kain vs. Raja and Raja himself has better resources than her by miles... and it doesn't even matter, does it?
Kain Highwind vs Cyan Garamonde (FF6) - A thing Jump gives Cyan is time to get off his big-name swordtechs. The airtime could mess up the timing to a degree, but Cyan should be able to juggle ATBs for other options - for starters, Kain does -not- like Empowerer.
Kain Highwind vs Gogen (AtLC) - Kain 3HKOs Gogen first. Not much to say.
Kain Highwind vs Raja (PS4) - See Amy.
Kain Highwind vs Onix (PKMN) - Blizzard Lance likely constitutes as legitimate offense here. This is so sad.
Kain Highwind vs Chidori Yoshino (Pers3) - Yet another situation where Tetrakarn wins the match. Kain even gives Chidori free turns to cast it.
Kain Highwind vs Alenia (S5) - Fire resistance, likely 2HKOs as well... yep.
Kain Highwind vs Chu-Chu (XG) - Similar issue to Raja and Amy, only Chu-Chu's healing is -considerably- worse.
Kain Highwind vs Ard (WA2) - Both 4HKO each other, Kain is a lot faster.
Kain Highwind vs Marcus (FE7) - I -think-. If I didn't see Jump bypassing FE counters (and failing to trigger doubles, but this doesn't matter here), though, this might end up differently.

Goofy (KH1) vs Gepetto (SH2) - Goofy is a pretty archetypal low Light (okay HP but undiscernable defenses, since OK seems to NOT HAVE GIVEN ANY PCS STOREBOUGHT ARMORS BESIDE STARTING EQUIPS, pesky elemental weaknesses to Fire, Ice, Thunder and Dark, but which can be partially mitigated by stacking armors) who gets an extra hit to win fights... which gets spoiled by multi-hit abilities. So, he starts in a bad position against Gepetto, who likely wins this in the same manner he did against Kain, only shifting Cordelia's dresses to hit an uncovered weakness rather than just boosting Light.
Goofy vs Kid (CC) - Goofy can lightly resist fire, but Kid can mostly circumvent Second Chance and Confuse probably helps her out a little. Yeah.
Goofy vs Amy Sage (PS2) - Deban => pathetic slapfight that Goofy can't possibly win due to healing.
Goofy vs Cyan Garamonde (FF6) - Why do these people keep letting Cyan get off his endgame techs. Second Chance can't break past ID either, so good luck.
Goofy vs Gogen (AtLC) - 3HKOs first too.
Goofy vs Raja (PS4) - Goofy goes first, but fails to complete the 2HKO post-Blessing. GG.
Goofy vs Onix (PKMN) - Bringing shoddy physicals to a fight against Onix is never a good idea.
Goofy vs Chidori Yoshino (Pers3) - Tetrakarn claims yet another victim. This is just pathetic.
Goofy vs Alenia (S5) - 2HKOs first.
Goofy vs Chu-Chu (XG) - Goofy vs. healing.
Goofy vs Ard (WA2) - 4HKOs first!
Goofy vs Marcus (FE7) - Counters and doubles cancel out, but Goofy has Second Chance.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:43:41 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 05:12:41 PM »
And I thought Moppy in action would get that response.
-------------------

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 06:03:04 PM »
Moppy's at least simple: he just gets OHKOed by 70% of the DL and various shades of 2-3HKOed by the rest, monstrous outliers aside. Doll's skillset is rather complex (not to mention SaGa mechanics themselves are pretty byzantine) and you start getting into headachy failfests once you start thinking about the matches.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 08:28:15 PM »
Garr's pretty clearly faster and goes first re Gogen unless I'm missing something. Beast Spear should push him towards 2HKO range as well.
-------------------

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 08:46:38 PM »
I take AtL2 SDs at 10% speed per deviation because of how tight and in-game irrelevant the speed spread is. I used to do the same to ShF speed as well (and do so for EF speed after turn one) before just deciding to adopt threat range as initiative, but -regardless-, Gogen is average speed after turn one to me, which gets Garr lapped under my views. Also, I have zero inclination to use the alternative BoF3 damage average just to take pity on Garr, which means he 3HKOs even with the Beast Spear.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 09:08:55 PM »
Doll (SaGa) vs Gepetto (SH2) - jfc
Doll vs Kid (CC) - No.
Doll vs Cyan (FF6) - Owned by Empowerer.  What a world.
Doll vs Gogen (AtLC) - jfc
Doll vs Raja (PS4) - :negative:
Doll vs Onix (PKMN) - you meant bind right snow?  please tell me you meant bind.
Doll vs Chidori (Pers3) - Chidori is amazingly horrible, like worse than Alenia bad.
Doll vs Alenia (S5) - At least Alenia had some Mdef, sure.
Doll vs Chu-Chu (XG)
Doll vs Ard (WA2) - Ard has zero means of avoiding GlassShield and is somehow -slower-.  Fuckin' RIP.
Doll vs Marcus (FE7)

Garr (BoF3) vs Gepetto (SH2) - why
Garr vs Kid (CC) - I... sure...
Garr vs Cyan (FF6) - how do higher end swordtechs keep mattering here
Garr vs Gogen (AtLC) - failing to 2hko... gogen pdur... i don't...
Garr vs Raja (PS4) - I don't...
Garr vs Onix (PKMN) - Cripes.
Garr vs Chidori (Pers3) - e: actually no... Garr has GAMBIT... which... does OHKO Chidori to me if it hits... who is utterly incapable of threatening Garr in that time... god fucking dammit chidori how do you make GAMBIT useful (by having just above 0.25 PCHP I guess but shh, Chidori badly wishes I had any reason at all to take her against a party that didn't fully clear the 5th block or had access to Auto-Mataru but haha I can't hear you over Minato like 2HKOing her)
Garr vs Alenia (S5) - Sure, this at least he can do.
Garr vs Chu-Chu (XG) - why
Garr vs Ard (WA2) - Ard is pretty damn bad.
Garr vs Marcus (FE7) - And back to Garr failing it up some more.

Kain (FF4) vs Gepetto (SH2)
Kain vs Kid (CC) - FF4 resist being around 70% in practice may well be enough
Kain vs Cyan (FF6)- EMPOWERER KEEPS MATTERING WHY
Kain vs Gogen (AtLC)
Kain vs Raja (PS4) - Blood Spear
Kain vs Onix (PKMN)
Kain vs Chidori (Pers3) - e: Actually no, I'm dumb, Chidori's HP is low enough to me that physical -> Jump works to get around Tetrakarn and Chidori's puny regen shouldn't tilt this.
Kain vs Alenia (S5)
Kain vs Chu-Chu (XG)
Kain vs Ard (WA2)
Kain vs Marcus (FE7) - pass

Gepetto and Cyan look like titans here, Raja and Onix managed to perform, CHU-CHU got a win.  BLOOD SPEAR claimed two matches I can vote on and apparently claims a third as well.  I don't even.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 03:30:34 AM by Random Consonant »

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 09:19:25 AM »

Kain vs Amy (PS2); May not even need Blood spear here; Amy's damage is so awful.
Kain vs Cyan (FF6)  I think.  There's too many moves that pose a threat for Kain to dodge them all.  Cleave and Enpowerer both wreck him and he's not liking Slash and Stunner much either.
Kain vs Raja (PS4): I'm using a flavor interp where Raja can hurt Kain with St. Fire (for half damage) due to Golbez's taint and he still loses to Blood spear jumping.  Doesn't Raja have Rimit and a rod that can inflict sleep via itemcast so he has some hope of getting damage to stick?  Am I forgetting something?  Blarg.
Kain vs Chu-Chu (XG): Blood spear and Chu-chu's lack of debilitating status

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 06:02:58 PM »
Hay Snow what about Kain weapon cast damage against Chidori!?
-------------------

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 08:37:33 PM »
Uh, I think that gets outraced by the Mudoon unlock at that range. Jesus.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2016, 02:39:15 PM »
If you see her blocking Holy Kain is kind of screwed there regardless, would have to go down to a BLIZZARD SPEAR YES for the magic damage.
-------------------

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2016, 03:09:09 PM »
I don't, since Light in P3 only covers gravity and ID (I -used- to, but yeah, feels like it gives the element blocking far more credit than it deserves in-game), but uh yeah. I'm just seriously amazed.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, 05:17:01 PM »
Kain could chip with his physical/holy, jump, then use holy to finish it off.  I don't see what in her skillset could stop that? I meant he regen is somehow worse than Kain holy damage but it could be a thing. E: Hay snow, Gambit strats for Garr/Chidori y/y?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 05:21:52 PM by superaielman »
-------------------

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2016, 05:34:16 PM »
From where I'm standing, Kain actually -can't- avoid triggering Tetrakarn. Holy... Iunno, I tend to be pretty harsh on itemcasts and I'm not decided on it yet, but if you allow it, Kain should be able to manage, though it's not clearcut (she's trying to kill with Mudoon, after all, goes faster than slugging it out). As for Gambit hype against Chidori... holy crap, Beast Spear Garr ACTUALLY DOES OHKO WITH GAMBIT... but Beast Spear's self-damage actually gets him killed before it connects on average, and that's -if- Chidori doesn't trigger counters. If she does, he rams into Tetrakarn range instantly and GG.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 05:36:18 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 02:25:31 PM »
Emma (ACF) vs Gepetto (SH2) - Y'know this field gonna be good when Gepetto terrorizes most of these scrubs.
Emma vs Kid (CC) - Faster and the odds favour her. Emma might die from a full chain anyway given how frail she is so the only chance she has are to basically dodge a bunch of 92-93% attacks 6 times. No.
Emma vs Cyan (FF6) - Cyan needs probably at least a Quadra Slam to make any headway. This means giving Emma a couple of turns, which means she can use her skill set. Freaking RIP.
Emma vs Onix (PKMN) - Has a Water magic attack. GG
Emma vs Chidori (Pers3) - Ice Zone or whatever trolls Chidori's damage and gives Emma time. Pretty sure she can manage from there.
Emma vs Alenia (S5) - Super"Alenia"aielman showing his fanboyism and giving Alenia wins ;_;
Emma vs Chu-Chu (XG) - Chu-chu falls into the pool of "gives Emma more than a turn". This is not good.
Emma vs Ard (WA2) - Ard just 2HKOs. Ard Ard Ard!
Emma vs Marcus (FE7) - Snow's right yeah. Equip Killer Lance. Emma's chances of winning come down not seeing the Killer Lance proc, then surviving a second turn (where she sets up) with no Killer Lance proc, then hoping you see that she one shots Marcus. Not bloodly likely.

4-5. The skillset is huge and Reset is nice, but needing 2 turns to do anything along with atrocious stats (namely speed) basically gut Emma from ever being anything more than a low Light. As Snow alluded, she basically needs people to be slower and not 2HKO her to get her 2 turns. This is usually a minute piece of the DL that hangs out in Light, but even then, anyone with somewhat average-ish performance gives her issues. See Gepetto.

Goofy (KH1) vs Gepetto (SH2) - Gepetto being able to switch around Dresses, some of which powers 2 elements does Goofy absolutely no favors.
Goofy vs Kid (CC) - Snow's right I think. CC characters being able to strike multiple times shuts down Second Chance. Kid's stats are stronger too, so doubt Goofy can do anything in the ensuing slugfest.
Goofy vs Cyan (FF6) - EMPOWER lock at worst. Gives Cyan way too much time so he pays for it.
Goofy vs Onix (PKMN) - PHYSICALS THAT DON'T HIT WEAKNESS ON ONIX. Aw yeah.
Goofy vs Chidori (Pers3) - Rams straight into Tetrakarn range and has no magic. I have no words. It is as amazing as it is pathetic.
Goofy vs Alenia (S5) - Alenia is bad and should feel bad.
Goofy vs Chu-Chu (XG) - Oh right. Chu chu can heal. Welp. That solves that mess.
Goofy vs Ard (WA2) - In a field like this. Ard looks like freaking CAIN. Ard Ard Ard.
Goofy vs Marcus (FE7) - Both KO each other at around the same time but Second Chance gives Goofy that extra hit he needs to finish

2-7. Goofy is uh...not good. Even by Light standards. Outside of HP, his main use in game is to serve as a MP Battery by MP Gifting to Sora so you can use Sora's much more damaging abilities. This kind of translates badly into the DL where he has his weaknesses and pathetic damage weighing him down.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself