Register

Author Topic: Discussion rules  (Read 10304 times)

Dunefar

• Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
Discussion rules
« on: December 19, 2007, 05:26:04 PM »
Since I'm the lunatic now in charge of this board, I'd like to lay out the basic ground rules; as this is the 'serious' DL forum. If you don't want to slog through the rest of this and have an IQ above 30, read merely this next line.

Don't be stupid.

There. No big deal. I know pretty much everyone here understands that, so I won't go on some high'n'mighty rant about it; merely laying out the rules instead. Just in case, y'know, a new person or ten drop by, so that there is a quick reference for the dos and don'ts of Discussion.

- As this is the serious board, don't veer wildly off topic or post pointless derails. That's for General Chat. The conversation can lead in different directions; certainly, but should not be forced from a lengthy discourse on Israel to what color Gameboy you should purchase. Ditto with something like a game ranking topic or pretty much anything else. Again, General Chat is merely one click up and away.

- This forum contains the more serious, political debates of the DL forums. To prevent the normal ball twisting drama and antics, I ask that you maintain a level of respect for other's views, and act as such. Failing that, at least do a decent job of pretending as much. Avoid ad hominem attacks; the argument may be stupid, but the person is not(Probably). Do not make bullshit declaritive statements that add nothing without adding some reasonable backing to them. Don't warp other's words into a springboard for your own semi related rants, or to launch unfounded attacks.

- If a moderator feels the need to edit a post or make a moderator's annoucement, we'll generally color code the relevant text. Dune uses yellow, and Sage prefers indigo. Seeing colored text in one of your posts like this not a good thing as a rule. Don't give us reasons to do so.

- As an example of what not to do, the first page and a half of this thread is a good primer(FF6 spoilers, though):

http://www.rpgdl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2574

No one on the moderation or admin team is going to be amused if this sort of thing happens again.

- If you feel someone is trolling, harassing or just being a dick, don't hesitate to give me a poke. I hope this won't be needed, but in case...

Dune:

AIM - Ana Lightfellow
MSN - Dunefar@hotmail.com (Rarely on)

Sage:

AIM - Daikenja Acrin

Or just PM us.
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion rules
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 06:40:42 PM »
Discussion does indeed rule.

<_< Ahem. Yeah, seconding Dune's "don't be stupid" rule, since it really covers just about everything, and on average I have faith in our forumgoers to follow it. The example topic shown also has some good examples of modding that I hope continue (spoilercode rather than delete, plus stepping in hard if necessary the way Hal did).

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.