Register

Author Topic: Futurama 2017 Finals  (Read 602 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2017 Finals
« on: January 01, 2018, 11:31:47 PM »
Godlike

Xorn (Grandia III) vs Ced (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War)

Heavy

Hugo (Suikoden III) vs Makoto Niijima (Persona 5)

Middle

Kevin Graham (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky The 3rd) vs Seena (Lufia: The Legend Returns)

Light

Seneca (Suikoden Tactics) vs Mint Adenade (Tales of Phantasia)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2017 Finals
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 11:40:39 PM »
Godlike

Xorn (Grandia III) vs Ced (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War) - good question, considering Xorn sports WA4 boss speed and can avoid counters, I'll get back to you here.  e: yeah the evade makes it far too uphill even if I do see Pursuit getting shut off since Xorn isn't that godly at damage or durability and I'm not really down for hyping Death Knell vs anyone who can pick where to move and attack from.

Heavy

Hugo (Suikoden III) vs Makoto Niijima (Persona 5) - Yeah Makoto can't really do a thing about Funeral Wind

Middle

Kevin Graham (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky The 3rd) vs Seena (Lufia: The Legend Returns) - And Gorgon Arrow claims another victim.

Light

« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 04:47:52 PM by Random Consonant »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 11:56:36 PM »
Hugo (Suikoden III) vs Makoto Niijima (Persona 5)
Sleep, let Rakukaja wear off, explode.  Would probably see Shock as ramming into Yellow Scarf anyway.  Although...  Judge of the Dead, if allowed, allows Makoto to survive a Sleep'd Hellfire at full HP?  Still not gonna help though, that just means she's heal / Raku locked by Hugo's physical.
Although!  Wait a tic, if we hype Endure, then Hugo only gets one shot of Hellfire.  So that means Final Flame needs to do the trick as well for round #2, at ~.83 PCHP or so boosted...  but Hugo's physical is pretty good, and Makoto can't close out quickly.  I suspect he still heal-locks anyway.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 12:00:56 AM by SnowFire »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 07:56:33 AM »
Light

Seneca (Suikoden Tactics) vs Mint Adenade (Tales of Phantasia)- Damage is too consistent and quick for Mint to really handle and Seneca's accuracy doesn't care too much about being lowered.
...into the nightfall.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 11:31:34 AM »
Xorn (Grandia III) vs Ced (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War) - Bunch of good questions here, though I'll be honest: Ced is 45 AS against a 19 average. In a game where being faster at all with the Pursuit skill gets you to double (and hey look Ced has Pursuit). There's literally -nothing- in FE4 that's even remotely close to avoiding doubles from him. For Ced to not double someone to me, it doesn't take just WA4 boss-level speed, it takes WA4 aftergame boss-level-speed, and Xorn's clearly not at that level - hell, even if I used FE13's log threshold for doubles straight off (which I -might- in such an outlier case), that'd be the result - see Sumia of the +11 AS having roughly Jeremy-level speed to me. REGARDLESS, this match boils down to how much you respect Grandia 3 ITE. At full HP, Xorn has to trigger counters to hit Ced -at all- with anything worth noting (Thunderclap arguably has triangle disadvantage)... and he 3HKOs until losing half HP, at which point he just 2HKOs. And he can't OHKO with anything short of Death Knell, which has its own problems (mainly, it doesn't kick in until after Xorn is outslugged by Ced as a rule of thumb). So uh yeah. Given I'm not very hot on hyping G3 ITE against FE evade, I'd be more willing to give it to Xorn if one whiffed dodge meant death, but no dice.

Hugo (Suikoden III) vs Makoto Niijima (Persona 5) - Funeral Wind. Even -without that-, Makoto has a whole slew of problems to deal with here, as Snowfire kindly points out. Ann vs. Hugo would be a -much- better fight.

Seneca (Suikoden Tactics) vs Mint Adenade (Tales of Phantasia) - Welcome to die, Mint.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 04:02:56 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 07:40:07 PM »
Godlike

Xorn (Grandia III) vs Ced (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War)

Heavy

Hugo (Suikoden III) vs Makoto Niijima (Persona 5) - yeah, only match I can vote on and it's clean cut.

Middle

Kevin Graham (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky The 3rd) vs Seena (Lufia: The Legend Returns)

Light

<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 04:34:47 PM »
Godlike

Xorn (Grandia III) vs Ced (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War) - So...Ced is Sety?  I could have voted on that for a while.  Xorn smashes, job done :).  Bosses ftw

Heavy

Hugo (Suikoden III) vs Makoto Niijima (Persona 5) - ...so...yeah.  Queen should lose this under my interpretations or if you don't assume the Endure effect.  Queen can equip a fire resistance protector, which will make her 97% durability, 118% vs. fire (all before Rakukaja).  This makes only Hellfire any danger, and Hugo gets one shot of that which isn't terribly impressive (and makes him lose a charge of Funeral Wind which he wants).  He wants Funeral Wind which is...very accurate, apparently, at 80%.  You could argue Queen has some resistance to it, but...no.  She halves curse, but that's only 1/5 of the ID sources in the game, and she's arguably weak to 3 of them (Eternal Rest, Ghastly Wail, and despair) since they're ailments and her Lu is poor.  Having said that, she blocks sleep - yes, there are limited quantities of the storebought items, but they restock monthly, and as long as you buy the Sleep Gem no later than September, you'll be able to get enough to outfit a whole party.  That's ignoring itemization, which is pretty reasonable since there are a ton of accessory materials.  So Hugo hits her with Funeral Wind on his second action, inflicts ID.  If you don't allow Endure, then...he wins.  I kind of see the point in not allowing it, but I allow it - if you assume persona evolution, she can't not have it in-game, and it's a legitimate benefit you use in-game.  If you assume Endure...Hugo has a lot of trouble, unless you're like me and allow storebought anything (including runes) for Suikoden characters.  Then he spams L1 Pale Gate and kills with ID again.  Without that...it's close.  If you assume Yellow Scarf gets all ailments (what were Suikoden statuses again?), then Queen has to basically kill in 1 action which probably isn't happening.  Hugo is kind of weak against magic (96% HP, -14% magic resistance), so shock + Atomic Flare would actually kill.  As would 2 Atomic Flares assuming Hugo got brainwashed or something and couldn't use his runes for 2 actions.  Accuracy and evasion is something that also can make a difference here - Queen has some, but Hugo has a lot more, and all things in P5 are evadable, so she needs to get lucky to hit him with an ailment (or go Judge of the Dead, and they both have 40% evasion or so, but she's more accurate).  So that evasion...plays a role, but how much depends on your other interpretations.  So yeah...this is a bit of a good fight, honestly, depends on your views of a lot of things, but mine push Hugo up top here :(.     

Middle

Kevin Graham (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky The 3rd) vs Seena (Lufia: The Legend Returns) - SOME DAY.  But Seena's boss form probably wins

Light

Seneca (Suikoden Tactics) vs Mint Adenade (Tales of Phantasia) - Boss form!
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 12:58:59 AM »
Godlike

Xorn (Grandia III) vs Ced (Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War): I need to play FE4.

Heavy

Hugo (Suikoden III) vs Makoto Niijima (Persona 5): I Really need to play P5.

Middle

Kevin Graham (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky The 3rd) vs Seena (Lufia: The Legend Returns):  I REALLY need to play TitS3rd.

Light

Seneca (Suikoden Tactics) vs Mint Adenade (Tales of Phantasia): Hmm. SNES Mint is in a bad position because Seneca's accuracy is fantastic and her crit rate constantly threatens to finish a KO with any damage she sticks on. Debuffing Seneca's accuracy could help but isn't a sure thing in and of itself. Feels like too much pressure for Mint to get out of. PSX Mint stops time and brutally beats Seneca with a staff until she dies.