Register

Author Topic: The Rising Wyld (Episode 3)  (Read 11573 times)

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
The Rising Wyld (Episode 3)
« on: December 02, 2016, 04:34:31 AM »
Vol

OOC: Will continue in chat someday.

Hakuhi and her loyal band

OOC: What did you all wish to do at this point? Continue on to the capital or journey elsewhere?

May

• Eris's Padding
  • Denizen
  • Lalatina~
    • View Profile
Re: The Rising Wyld (Episode 3)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 05:09:57 AM »
After discussing the matter with Den and Lee, Akeha concludes that Fang Deshi and his fey allies are quite dangerous. Instead of immediately bursting into the capital, they should seek the goddess Lee had heard about in hopes of bringing her over to their cause.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 06:52:12 AM »
The rivers are pleasant and easily sailed today, though pretty much everyone on board is uneasy with the presence of the two fae. Still, they are cooperative and remain out of the way (or in a room somewhere if that is preferred).

Yijun He guides you down a few narrow waterways to get to Wu's shrine. They are difficult to navigate, but between the skill of your boatsmen and her familiarity with these waterways, it is done. A light drizzle has begun to fall by the time you reach the shrine in the late afternoon. It appears much as the one belonging to Si did, though the area here appears to have been the sight of a recent battle, with the reeds and grass trampled down and the shrine's stairs and pillars bearing deep gouges. Also unlike Si's shrine, this one is empty.

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 07:01:48 AM »
"Is this new?" Lee asks, glancing at Khun for a moment. She leans over the railing to study the debris with an unhappy gaze.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Magetastica

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 07:18:14 AM »
As the boat nears the shrine, Rishi's eyes focus in on the area and the sounds around him get drowned out for a moment before his entire body tenses and his senses go on full alert. He leaps off the boat immediately upon reaching the shrine, rushing to compose himself and carefully study every bit of the scene, hoping to piece together what happened before they arrived.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 08:18:32 AM »
Khun shrugs. "I did not travel this far south. It would certainly explain her anger, though."

Yijun He shakes her head. "I passed through here two weeks ago and it definitely didn't look like this."

It's tough to make out much besides the fact that a battle occurred, for all that the area shrine looks as if it were washed clean. No blood, no bodies, no weapons... just the tracks of battle.

(OOC: To get much more you'll need Investigation + Perception - Target 2)

Magetastica

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 08:55:24 AM »
Using 4 motes from Personal to bump this.

<Magey> roll 10#1d10
<Exaltedbot> 1,0Magey rolled :1,0 10#1d10 --> 1,0[ 1d10=4 ]1,0{4}, 1,0[ 1d10=10 ]1,0{10}, 1,0[ 1d10=9 ]1,0{9}, 1,0[ 1d10=3 ]1,0{3}, 1,0[ 1d10=3 ]1,0{3}, 1,0[ 1d10=1 ]1,0{1}, 1,0[ 1d10=7 ]1,0{7}, 1,0[ 1d10=6 ]1,0{6}, 1,0[ 1d10=6 ]1,0{6}, 1,0[ 1d10=1 ]1,0{1}

4 Successes.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 05:49:35 AM »
Jinhao will call for the boatsmen to get the boat anchored and moored to the shrine's post.

It takes a moment to put the scene together, but you think you can reconstruct a reasonable idea of what occurred. There was definitely a battle here, with several figures larger then average men wielding bladed weapons. You'd guess at least a half dozen. Further examination says there was probably two men sized ones as well. The bank looks like it flooded recently, though that look doesn't carry much beyond the immediate area here. Closer inspection shows damage you didn't expect, like wood torn from the trunks of the river trees on the sides facing the shrine.

There are a faint set of tracks in the mud, human shaped and large, walking into the river.

There are no others.

May

• Eris's Padding
  • Denizen
  • Lalatina~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2016, 03:57:06 AM »
Akeha turns to Den, curiosity clear. "Do you know anything of this?" she wonders, arching an eyebrow.

"We should clean the space before attempting to contact Wu, I think," she suggests to everyone.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 04:33:02 AM »
The older man sits on the edge of the boat and grins back towards Hakuhi. "I reckon a few of the fae got it in their heads that they might be able to pick a fight with a goddess. They've tried a few times. Gettin' a couple has made them arrogant. Maybe lookin' to impress their nobles." He looks at the shrine. "Or maybe the ladies of the rivers are right sick of the people in their land. I'd be."

The samurai bow. "As you wish, Tetsuzuru-san." As soon as the boat is moored, they will start disembarking and clearing away the waste and damaged plants.

Magetastica

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 05:57:42 PM »
Rishi walks back to the boat, his head low. "My guess is that there were a couple of people here, praying or resting or who knows what, and then the creatures attacked them. Angered by the assault on her people, Wu came out and slaughtered the beasts, and given the lack of bodies, I'd say she took their corpses back with her to honor them." His eyes shift around as he talks. "I have a feeling Wu might not be very happy with us here, given we're not 'her people.' Hopefully she is willing to listen to us before engaging, but given the atrocities being committed, I also would not blame her if she didn't."

May

• Eris's Padding
  • Denizen
  • Lalatina~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2016, 09:48:37 PM »
"We can't do much more than be respectful and hope for the best here," Akeha muses at both Rishi and Den. "With what we've been hearing of Fang Deshi and his fae allies, we'll need at least a Goddess with us, if not my army as well."

Magetastica

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2016, 10:56:47 PM »
Rishi meanders over to the shrine and kneels in front of it, closing his eyes and attuning himself to the surroundings, listening to the ebb and flow of the river, letting everything wash over him. Then, he begins silently praying for the mercy and aid of Wu.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2016, 09:47:47 PM »
Lee jumps out of the boat and strides towards the shrine. "Wu! War-Goddess of the river that froths and rages! I, Lee Aaeiko of the Noon, address you!" she declares, as her caste-mark bursts into view upon her brow.

OOC: Using Zenith-Caste ability to compel Wu to appear, if she's around. Charisma+Presence with +1 success; she is treated as having a defining intimacy due to 'recognizing the Unconquered Sun's authority'. Though, that can be offset by other intimacies.

[08:47] <Euphemia> roll 13#1d10
[08:47] <Exaltedbot> Euphemia rolled : 13#1d10 --> [ 1d10=1 ]{1}, [ 1d10=1 ]{1}, [ 1d10=8 ]{8}, [ 1d10=6 ]{6}, [ 1d10=6 ]{6}, [ 1d10=9 ]{9}, [ 1d10=8 ]{8}, [ 1d10=5 ]{5}, [ 1d10=2 ]{2}, [ 1d10=1 ]{1}, [ 1d10=5 ]{5}, [ 1d10=1 ]{1}, [ 1d10=6 ]{6}

4 successes.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 06:09:02 AM by Carthrat »

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2016, 05:39:24 AM »
The boat begins to rock as the waters churn, sending the samurai and boatsmen gripping for the edges of the boat. Den falls backwards, slamming in the deck while even the two fae look a bit nervous.

"You and your companions presume much to sail on my waters, to pray at my shrine, to call my name, and to bring that filth before me." A massive woman says as she emerges from the churning water, her dark hair short and close cropped, water wrapping around her like bands of armor, a massive black club hefted over her shoulder. The club slams into the ground as she emerges from the water. "You have gall, Lee Aaeiko of the Noon. I hope your reason for calling me is a good one." Her dark eyes set on the boat.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 05:54:25 AM by AndrewRogue »

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 06:07:52 AM »
"I am here in search of an ally, born to this country; strong of arm; stern of will; one who will join us in setting this land to a more righteous order. Do you know if such a one is here?"

OOC: Looking to instill an intimacy in Wu. Lee Aaeiko: (Bitch has chutzpah). Cha+Presence, dumping 3m into it.

[17:07] <Exaltedbot> Euphemia rolled : 16#1d10 --> [ 1d10=9 ]{9}, [ 1d10=5 ]{5}, [ 1d10=2 ]{2}, [ 1d10=1 ]{1}, [ 1d10=10 ]{10}, [ 1d10=4 ]{4}, [ 1d10=8 ]{8}, [ 1d10=8 ]{8}, [ 1d10=8 ]{8}, [ 1d10=7 ]{7}, [ 1d10=3 ]{3}, [ 1d10=9 ]{9}, [ 1d10=2 ]{2}, [ 1d10=8 ]{8}, [ 1d10=2
[17:07] <Exaltedbot> ]{2}, [ 1d10=8 ]{8}

10 successes.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 06:09:46 AM by Carthrat »

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 06:24:58 AM »
(Success)

The club slams into the ground again, the river shaking.

The folks on the boat actually look a bit nervous, with the samurai reaching for their weapons as they slowly shift back towards the boat.

"You come with strong words, Lee Aaeiko, child of the Unconquered Sun. There is one such here. I am Wu, the raging river! But what gives you right to interfere in the business of Nine Rivers? It is outsiders who have threatened to bring us to ruin, now outsiders believe they can return order?"

May

• Eris's Padding
  • Denizen
  • Lalatina~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 06:33:42 AM »
Akeha is barely following the outline of the conversation, but knows enough to make a dismissive gesture to her samurai. Though Chidori is resting on her shoulder, the blue jadesteel blade glittering in the sun, she is in clear repose, and silently commands her samurai to follow suit.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 06:54:00 AM »
The samurai ease back, but there is a distinct air of nervousness, but watching Tetsuzuru-san for orders.

Den manages to get himself off the deck. "Boy she's a fierce one," he mutters under his breath. Very, very quietly.

The fae have pushed themselves back towards the opposite deck. They still wear smiles, but they are obviously not too interested in being that close to Wu. They whisper among themselves. (Awareness 1 to get it)

May

• Eris's Padding
  • Denizen
  • Lalatina~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 07:02:03 AM »
((OOC: Awareness + Perception, 6 dice

[00:55] <May> roll 6#d10
[00:55] <Exaltedbot> May rolled : 6#d10 --> [ 1d10=1 ]{1}, [ 1d10=6 ]{6}, [ 1d10=3 ]{3}, [ 1d10=10 ]{10}, [ 1d10=7 ]{7}, [ 1d10=5 ]{5}

3 Successes ))

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 07:11:11 AM »
Aranrhod mutters. "Do you suppose they will anger it and it shall strike them down?"

"One may hope. It would save trouble." Dafydd responds.

May

• Eris's Padding
  • Denizen
  • Lalatina~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 07:14:11 AM »
"If you'd like to be relieved of the trouble, I can always kill you both here and now," Akeha offers to the fae, hefting her spear off her shoulder with a twirling flourish.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2016, 07:17:30 AM »
Aranrhod shrugs, it's leaves fluttering with the still rocking boat. "Oh come now Sun Child, it is not against our agreement to simply hope you meet an untimely end."

May

• Eris's Padding
  • Denizen
  • Lalatina~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2016, 07:22:07 AM »
"I never said it was, merely offered that if you are so troubled in existence, I would happily relieve you of that burden," Akeha purrs, "Or perhaps let Her Grace Wu relieve you, so as to sate her anger."

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2016, 07:33:40 AM »
"A harsh offer for one's guests! 'twould be like offering one a place to rest in Llewella's chambers." Aranrhod sniffs in mock offense. "I hope you shall not find our hospitality so harsh. Though I do suppose if you come seeking war, then you shall be met with it in kind."