Register

Author Topic: The dead have shambled back to their graves in Arkham.  (Read 16663 times)

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: The dead are walking in Arkham...(Turn 1 Encounters)
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 03:00:04 AM »
A Strange Plague
Environment: Mystic

Investigators cannot gain Stamina except by receiving medical care in St. Mary's Hospital (or from Vincent Lee).

A gate opens at Independence Square, destroying a clue.  A Vampire spawns with the gate.  A clue appears at The Unnameable.

No monsters move.

The reckoning card for this turn is The Body a Temple.  Each investigator with a Soul Pact loses 2 Stamina.  No investigators have a Soul Pact at this time.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012, 03:43:05 AM »
Roland Banks, FBI

Abilities:

Intuitive - Upkeep Phase - If Roland has fewer than 24 clue tokens, he gains one clue token.

Expense Account - Upkeep Phase - If Roland has less than $2, he gains $1.

Stats:

Sanity - 4/4
Stamina - 3/6

Speed - 1 2 3 [4]
Sneak - 4 3 2 [1]

Fight - 1 2 3 [4]
Will - 5 4 3 [2] [+3]

Lore - 1 2 3 [4]
Luck - 4 3 2 [1]

Focus: 3

Allies:
John Legrasse (+2 Will, can trophify monsters with the Endless ability.)

Skills:
Will (+1 Will, add an additional die to clue tokens spent on Will checks.)

Inventory:
$3
5 clue tokens
1 Monster Trophy (Zombie, total toughness: 1)
Bullwhip (1H Weapon, +1 Physical combat, exhaust to reroll one die on a combat check, $2.)
Wither (1H Spell, 0 sanity cost, 0 casting mod, cast and exhaust to gain +3 Magical combat until the end of the combat.)
Whiskey (Common item, discard to prevent one point of sanity loss, $1.)

Relationships:
Friendly Rivals ["Skids"] (The investigator with fewer monster trophies gains +1 on Combat checks, the investigator with fewer gate trophies gains +1 on Fight/Lore checks made to close gates.  There is no effect in case of ties.)
Buisness Associates [Mandy] (Whenever you or your partner gains at least $1 from any effect other than this card, the other gains $1.)

Personal Story:
Passed.

Reading Zanthu Tablets and moving to the Merchant District Streets.  Edit: Recieved Wither from booc readans.

[22:21] <AliciaFlorence> My odds of getting up 3 more clues any time soon seem pretty slim anyway.
[22:22] <AliciaFlorence> At least I assume I have to gain 5 clues rather than having 5 clues.
[22:23] <RandomConsonant> it's get clues from five seperate instances
[22:24] <AliciaFlorence> Oh, even worse then.
[22:24] <RandomConsonant> Yeeeaaah Skids passing his PS doesn't seem like the sort of thing that is going to happen with just the one map
[22:27] <RandomConsonant> Also fffff vampire
[22:28] <AliciaFlorence> Uh yeah that guy is a douche.
[22:30] <RandomConsonant> Well I'm borderline useless this turn, so let's read!
[22:30] <RandomConsonant> Since I'm pretty sure my odds against the Formless Spawn haven't improved much
[22:31] <TacoMacArthur> if those two clues fall i fail
[22:31] <TacoMacArthur> i'd rather that not happen
[22:32] <RandomConsonant> You really wouldn't
[22:32] <AliciaFlorence> I can A) Go sit at the Science Building and pray for clues or something, B) Try and punch the Formless Spawn out, or C) try to sneak past all that shit over there and jump into the gate at The Witch House.
[22:32] <TacoMacArthur> i'd prefer someone grab those
[22:32] <TacoMacArthur> not me, since i have 5 clues and 6 sneak
[22:32] <TacoMacArthur> i'd like to go do c on that list
[22:33] <RandomConsonant> Yeah if anyone should try to ninja past shit it's Nitori
[22:33] <AliciaFlorence> I can get up to 5 Sneak but 6 is better so sure.
[22:33] <AliciaFlorence> Also if someone is getting those clues then ignore option A.
[22:34] <AliciaFlorence> Replace it with "I could go get those clues" I guess.
[22:35] <RandomConsonant> Well if you're going to grab those clues there then I'd like to get some readin' on
[22:35] <AliciaFlorence> It's an option. I do already have 5.
[22:36] <RandomConsonant> Well I have clue regen if I go below 4 so
[22:36] <AliciaFlorence> True.
[22:37] <RandomConsonant> So, Lore -2 here we go
[22:37] <RandomConsonant> roll 2d6 can i has magic
[22:37] <Hatbot> 0x01ACTION --> "RandomConsonant rolls 2d6 can i has magic and gets 8." [2d6=2, 6]
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 05:27:50 AM by Random Consonant »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 03:50:41 AM »
"Skids" O'Toole

Stats
Sanity: 3 / 3
Stamina: 6 / 7

Speed: 0 1 2 [3]
Sneak: 5 4 3 [2] (+1)

Fight: 2 [3] 4 5
Will : 3 [2] 1 0

Lore: [1] 2 3 4
Luck: [4] 3 2 1

Focus: 2

Unique Abilities
School of Hard Knocks - Any Phase: Once per skill check, "Skids" may roll two bonus dice for each "1" he rolled. He may do this either before or after spending Clue tokens on the roll.
Criminal Record - "Skids" cannot become the Deputy of Arkham, nor may he gain a Bank Loan.

Inventory
$5
7 Clue Tokens

Common Items
Axe - Type: Physical weapon / Bonus: +2 Combat check (+3 instead if your other hand is empty) / Hands: 1 / Price: $3
Motorcycle  - Movement: Exhaust to get 2 extra movement points. / Price: $4
King James Bible (Exhausted) - Type: Tome / Movement: Exhaust and spend 2 movement points to regain 1 Sanity and gain +1 to Horror checks until the end of the turn. / Price: $3

Unique Items
Ruby of R'lyeh - Movement: You get 3 extra movement points. / Price: $8

Skills
Sneak - +1 Sneak / When you spend a Clue token to add to any Sneak check, add one extra bonus die.

Spells
Voice of Ra - Casting Modifier: -1 / Sanity Cost: 1 / Upkeep Phase: You may cast and exhaust to gain +1 to all skill checks for the rest of this turn.

Relationship
Friendly Rivals (with Roland) - Between you and your partner, the investigator with fewer monster trophies gains a +1 on Combat checks, and the investigator with fewer Gate trophies gains a +1 on Fight or Lore checks to close Gates. There is no effect in the case of ties.

The Best of Friends (from Trish) - If you or your partner are in the same neighborhood, either of you may exhaust this card before making a check to gain +1 on that check. If the Ancient One has awakened, this card may not be used.

Personal Story
Failed
Effect - Remove remaining clue tokens on the board.

Current Action
Exhausting King James Bible and moving to The Unnamable to grab those clues.  The other clues on the board disappear due to me failing the PS.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2012, 04:02:08 AM »
Trish Scarborough

Sanity: 3/6
Stamina: 3/4

Fight/Sneak: 1/3 2/4 3/5 (4/6)
Lore/Will: (2/1) 3/2 4/3 5/4
Speed/Luck: 1/0 2/1 (3/2) 4/3

$1
5 clue tokens

If you or your partner are in the same neighborhood, either of you may exhaust this card before making a check to gain +1 on that check. If the Ancient One has awakened, this card may not be used. - Skids

After the initial setup, any time either you or your partner gains an Ally (from any game effect other than this card), the other draws an Ally at random from the Ally deck. If he currently has no Allies, he keeps it. If he does have one or more Allies, he keeps it and then chooses one of his Allies to reshuffle back into the Ally deck. - Mandy

Lucky Cigarette Case - Any: Discard Lucky Cigarette Case to re-roll any one Skill check.
Lantern - Bonus: +1 to Luck checks.

Star Spawn Trophy (3)
Fire Vampire Trophy (1)
Cultist Trophy (1)

Cultes des Goules - Movement: Exhaust and spend 2 movement points to make a Lore (-2) check. If you pass, draw 1 Spell and gain 1 Clue token, but lose 2 Sanity and discard Cultes Des Goules. If you fail, nothing happens.

Bravery - Any Phase: Exhaust to re-roll a Horror check.

moving to witch house

[23:57] <TacoMacArthur> does anyone live
[23:59] <+AliciaFlorence> Ara ara.
[23:59] <TacoMacArthur> setting sneak to 6, move to 3, going to witch house gate
[00:00] <TacoMacArthur> formless spawn has +0 check, 6 die
[00:00] <TacoMacArthur> 6d6
[00:00] * Hatbot --> "TacoMacArthur rolls 6d6 and gets 17."12 [6d6=6, 3, 3, 2, 1, 2]
[00:00] <TacoMacArthur> dark young has -2 check, 4 dice
[00:00] <TacoMacArthur> 4d6
[00:00] * Hatbot --> "TacoMacArthur rolls 4d6 and gets 13."12 [4d6=6, 2, 1, 4]
[00:00] <TacoMacArthur> cthlonian has +1 check, 7 dice
[00:00] <TacoMacArthur> 7d6
[00:00] * Hatbot --> "TacoMacArthur rolls 7d6 and gets 24."12 [7d6=5, 2, 4, 4, 5, 3, 1]
[00:01] <TacoMacArthur> i'm in a gate
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2012, 04:30:13 AM »
Arkham Encounters

"Skids" O'Toole - You notice a glint of light in a crevice.  If you reach in, make a Luck(-1) check.  If you pass, draw 1 Unique Item.  If you fail, you feel a sharp pain as teeth clamp down on your hand.  You manage to pull free, but you lose 2 Stamina and 1 Sanity.

Other World Encounters

Trish Scarborough - Somewhere in this room is something valuable!  Make a Lore(-2) check to find it and draw 1 Unique Item.  If you fail, lose 1 Sanity and 1 Stamina from what you do find.

Mandy Thompson - You are bewildered.  Pass a Lore(-1) check or stay here next turn.

No map update because the image host is failing.

Nitori

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2012, 04:36:47 AM »
Trish Scarborough

Sanity: 2/6
Stamina: 2/4

Fight/Sneak: 1/3 2/4 3/5 (4/6)
Lore/Will: (2/1) 3/2 4/3 5/4

$1
5 clue tokens

If you or your partner are in the same neighborhood, either of you may exhaust this card before making a check to gain +1 on that check. If the Ancient One has awakened, this card may not be used. - Skids

After the initial setup, any time either you or your partner gains an Ally (from any game effect other than this card), the other draws an Ally at random from the Ally deck. If he currently has no Allies, he keeps it. If he does have one or more Allies, he keeps it and then chooses one of his Allies to reshuffle back into the Ally deck. - Mandy

Lucky Cigarette Case - Any: Discard Lucky Cigarette Case to re-roll any one Skill check.

Star Spawn Trophy (3)
Fire Vampire Trophy (1)
Cultist Trophy (1)

Cultes des Goules - Movement: Exhaust and spend 2 movement points to make a Lore (-2) check. If you pass, draw 1 Spell and gain 1 Clue token, but lose 2 Sanity and discard Cultes Des Goules. If you fail, nothing happens.

fuck everything
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2012, 04:52:08 AM »
[01/06/12 22:49:17] <RandomConsonant> I vote for going big
[01/06/12 22:51:13] <AliciaFlorence> Okay let's do it.
[01/06/12 22:51:18] <AliciaFlorence> 3d6
[01/06/12 22:51:19] * Hatbot --> "AliciaFlorence rolls 3d6 and gets 8." [3d6=5, 2, 1]
[01/06/12 22:51:26] <AliciaFlorence> success

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2012, 06:21:58 AM »
Mandy Thompson

Stamina: 4/5
Sanity: 4/5

Speed/Sneak: 4/2
Fight/Will: 2/3
Lore/Luck: 2/2

$6, 5 Clue Tokens, Tommy Gun, Whiskey, Ancient Tablet, Stealth

Personal Story: If 5 gates are prevented from opening by elder signs, pass. If terror reaches 5, fail.

Pass: Immediately close and seal a gate.
Fail: One less open gate is required for the AO to awaken

Trish: After the initial setup, any time either you or your partner gains an Ally (from any game effect other than this card), the other draws an Ally at random from the Ally deck. If he currently has no Allies, he keeps it. If he does have one or more Allies, he keeps it and then chooses one of his Allies to reshuffle back into the Ally deck.

Roland: After the initial setup, any time either you or your partner gains $1 or more (from any game effect other than this card), the other gains $1.

[22:16] <RandomConsonant> mayhaps
[22:17] <AndrewRogue> I appear to need to make a Lore check
[22:18] <AndrewRogue> It is -1 and I have two dices
[22:18] <AndrewRogue> So, that makes it 1 die
[22:18] <AndrewRogue> roll 1d6
[22:18] * Hatbot --> "AndrewRogue rolls 1d6 and gets 4."12 [1d6=4]
[22:18] <AndrewRogue> Son of a...

Clue it up since I have my reroll available.

[22:22] <RandomConsonant> That was last turn
[22:22] <AndrewRogue> That was... last round?
[22:23] <AndrewRogue> Hrm.
[22:23] <AndrewRogue> All right. With that in mind, then
[22:23] <AndrewRogue> Clue
[22:23] <AndrewRogue> roll 1d6
[22:23] * Hatbot --> "AndrewRogue rolls 1d6 and gets 5."12 [1d6=5]
[22:23] <AndrewRogue> Hurrah
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 06:28:29 AM by AndrewRogue »

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2012, 08:52:18 AM »
Vigilante Guards the Night!
Headline

All monsters in the Downtown streets or locations are returned to the cup.  The Vampire is removed from Independence Square.

A gate opens at The Unnameable, and Skids is relocated to the Dreamlands.  He is replaced by a Cultist.  A clue appears at the Woods.

No monsters move.  The moving gate is also stationary.

The Reckoning card for this turn is An Offer You Can't Refuse.  The first player chooses an investigator.  That investigator must take a Dark Pact if able.  If not able, that investigator is devoured.

I mentioned it in chat, but Tal's item from the encounter is an Elder Sign.  As a reminder, the options for Dark Pacts are Bound Ally, Blood Pact, and Soul Pact.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2012, 09:14:14 AM »
Roland Banks, FBI

Abilities:

Intuitive - Upkeep Phase - If Roland has fewer than 2 4 clue tokens, he gains one clue token.

Stats:

Sanity - 4/4
Stamina - 3/6

Speed - 1 2 3 [4]
Sneak - 4 3 2 [1]

Fight - 1 2 3 [4]
Will - 5 4 3 [2] [+3]

Lore - 1 2 3 [4]
Luck - 4 3 2 [1]

Allies:

Skills:

Inventory:
$3
5 clue tokens
Bullwhip (1H Weapon, +1 Physical combat, exhaust to reroll one die on a combat check, $2.)
Wither (1H Spell, 0 sanity cost, 0 casting mod, cast and exhaust to gain +3 Magical combat until the end of the combat.)

Relationships:
Friendly Rivals ["Skids"] (The investigator with fewer monster trophies gains +1 on Combat checks, the investigator with fewer gate trophies gains +1 on Fight/Lore checks made to close gates.  There is no effect in case of ties.)
Buisness Associates [Mandy] (Whenever you or your partner gains at least $1 from any effect other than this card, the other gains $1.)

Personal Story:
Passed.

Going to Independence Square and jumping into a gate.  Preferably the City of the Great Race side.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 09:18:32 AM by Random Consonant »

Nitori

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2012, 02:12:19 PM »
Trish Scarborough

Fight/Sneak: 1/3 2/4 (3/5) 4/6
Lore/Will: 2/1 (3/2) 4/3 5/4

$1
5 clue tokens

Blood Pact
Any Phase: While this card is refreshed, any time you would gain any amount of Stamina, you may instead gain that amount of Power.

You may spend a Power token as either a Clue token or as 1 Sanity when you suffer a Sanity loss.

Upkeep: Exhaust Blood Pact and lose X Stamina to gain X Power.

Star Spawn Trophy (3)
Fire Vampire Trophy (1)
Cultist Trophy (1)

pact me bro
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 05:26:29 PM by Nitori »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2012, 05:31:04 PM »
"Skids" O'Toole

Stats

Fight: 2 3 4 [5]
Will : 3 2 1 [0]

Unique Abilities
School of Hard Knocks - Any Phase: Once per skill check, "Skids" may roll two bonus dice for each "1" he rolled. He may do this either before or after spending Clue tokens on the roll.
Criminal Record - "Skids" cannot become the Deputy of Arkham, nor may he gain a Bank Loan.

Inventory
$5
7 Clue Tokens

Common Items
Axe - Type: Physical weapon / Bonus: +2 Combat check (+3 instead if your other hand is empty) / Hands: 1 / Price: $3
King James Bible - Type: Tome / Movement: Exhaust and spend 2 movement points to regain 1 Sanity and gain +1 to Horror checks until the end of the turn. / Price: $3

Unique Items
Elder Sign - Any Phase: When sealing a gate, lose 1 Stamina and 1 Sanity and return this card to the box. You do not need to make a skill check or spend any Clue tokens to seal the gate. In addition, remove one doom token from the Ancient One's doom track. / Price: $5

Skills
Sneak - +1 Sneak / When you spend a Clue token to add to any Sneak check, add one extra bonus die.

Spells
Voice of Ra - Casting Modifier: -1 / Sanity Cost: 1 / Upkeep Phase: You may cast and exhaust to gain +1 to all skill checks for the rest of this turn.

Relationship
Friendly Rivals (with Roland) - Between you and your partner, the investigator with fewer monster trophies gains a +1 on Combat checks, and the investigator with fewer Gate trophies gains a +1 on Fight or Lore checks to close Gates. There is no effect in the case of ties.

The Best of Friends (from Trish) - If you or your partner are in the same neighborhood, either of you may exhaust this card before making a check to gain +1 on that check. If the Ancient One has awakened, this card may not be used.

Personal Story
Failed

Current Action
Slider shifting.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 06:53:12 PM by Talaysen »

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2012, 10:11:59 PM »
Other World Encounters

Trish Scarborough - You are not safe here.  A monster appears!  You are fighting:

Roland Banks - Glancing behind you, you see that the beasts are still chasing you.  Pass a Speed(-1) check or be Lost in Time and Space.

"Skids" O'Toole - Pass a Lore(+0) check to fight off your desire to sleep.  If you fail, you freeze in the night.  You are Lost in Time and Space.  If you succeed, return to Arkham.

Nitori

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2012, 10:25:26 PM »
[18:24] <TacoMacArthur> so i have 3 fight, +1 check, 4 dice for 1 success
[18:24] <TacoMacArthur> 4d6
[18:24] * Hatbot --> "TacoMacArthur rolls 4d6 and gets 13."12 [4d6=6, 3, 1, 3]
[18:24] <TacoMacArthur> bazing

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2012, 10:28:08 PM »
fleeeeeeeeeing~

[17:26] <RandomConsonant> oh shit
[17:26] <RandomConsonant> beasts are chasin' me
[17:27] <RandomConsonant> roll 3d6 run run run holy crap
[17:27] <Hatbot> 0x01ACTION --> "RandomConsonant rolls 3d6 run run run holy crap and gets 11." [3d6=3, 5, 3]

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2012, 10:31:18 PM »
Mandy Thompson

Lore/Luck: 4/0

$6, 0 Clue Tokens, Tommy Gun, Whiskey, Ancient Tablet, Stealth

Personal Story: If 5 gates (0/5) are prevented from opening by elder signs, pass. If terror reaches 5 (0/5), fail.

Trish: After the initial setup, any time either you or your partner gains an Ally (from any game effect other than this card), the other draws an Ally at random from the Ally deck. If he currently has no Allies, he keeps it. If he does have one or more Allies, he keeps it and then chooses one of his Allies to reshuffle back into the Ally deck.

Roland: After the initial setup, any time either you or your partner gains $1 or more (from any game effect other than this card), the other gains $1.

[14:29] <AndrewBindingIsaac> And now I close that gate.
[14:29] <AndrewBindingIsaac> roll 4d6
[14:29] * Hatbot --> "AndrewBindingIsaac rolls 4d6 and gets 17."12 [4d6=1, 5, 5, 6]
[14:29] <AndrewBindingIsaac> Spend 5 clues to seal that sumbitch.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2012, 10:35:54 PM »
"Skids" O'Toole

Stats

Unique Abilities

Inventory
$5
6 Clue Tokens

Common Items
King James Bible - Type: Tome / Movement: Exhaust and spend 2 movement points to regain 1 Sanity and gain +1 to Horror checks until the end of the turn. / Price: $3

Unique Items
Elder Sign - Any Phase: When sealing a gate, lose 1 Stamina and 1 Sanity and return this card to the box. You do not need to make a skill check or spend any Clue tokens to seal the gate. In addition, remove one doom token from the Ancient One's doom track. / Price: $5

Skills

Spells

Relationship

Personal Story
Failed

Current Action
Roll passed but took a clue.

[01/07/12 16:30:19] <AliciaFlorence> I might.
[01/07/12 16:30:27] <AliciaFlorence> I only get one die on this Lore check.
[01/07/12 16:30:49] <AndrewBindingIsaac> I think you are the last encounter, so it is definitely yours.
[01/07/12 16:30:54] <AliciaFlorence> 1d6
[01/07/12 16:30:56] * Hatbot --> "AliciaFlorence rolls 1d6 and gets 2." [1d6=2]
[01/07/12 16:31:00] <RandomConsonant> :/
[01/07/12 16:31:09] <AndrewBindingIsaac> If you have clues to spend
[01/07/12 16:31:12] <RandomConsonant> You have spare cluez
[01/07/12 16:31:13] <AndrewBindingIsaac> Do that first
[01/07/12 16:31:21] <AndrewBindingIsaac> Since my reroll gets them too
[01/07/12 16:31:22] <AliciaFlorence> I have 7, so I'll put a clue on it.
[01/07/12 16:31:31] <AliciaFlorence> d6
[01/07/12 16:31:32] * Hatbot --> "AliciaFlorence rolls d6 and gets 5." [d6=5]
[01/07/12 16:31:36] <AndrewBindingIsaac> Huzzah
[01/07/12 16:31:38] <RandomConsonant> Huzzah
[01/07/12 16:32:17] <AliciaFlorence> Back to Arkham then.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2012, 11:04:38 PM »
Southside Strangler Suspected!
Headline

However, the press is mistaken, and the murders were caused by two monsters that are released into the Southside Streets.

A gate spawns in the Woods, destroying a clue.  A Byakhee is spawned and moves to the sky.  A clue appears at the Historical Society.

No other monsters move.

The mythos spawns a Ghoul and a Witch in the Southside Streets.

The reckoning card for this gate is Power Corrodes.  Each investigator loses 1 Sanity for each Power he has.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2012, 11:21:33 PM »
"Skids" O'Toole

Stats

Lore: 1 2 [3] 4
Luck: 4 3 [2] 1

Unique Abilities

Inventory
$5
6 Clue Tokens
1 Monster Trophy (Cultist, 1 Toughness)

Common Items
King James Bible (Exhausted) - Type: Tome / Movement: Exhaust and spend 2 movement points to regain 1 Sanity and gain +1 to Horror checks until the end of the turn. / Price: $3

Unique Items

Skills

Spells
Voice of Ra (Exhausted) - Casting Modifier: -1 / Sanity Cost: 1 / Upkeep Phase: You may cast and exhaust to gain +1 to all skill checks for the rest of this turn.

Relationship

Personal Story
Failed

Current Action
Cast Voice of Ra, exhaust King James Value, axeaxeaxeaxe the Cultist.

[01/07/12 17:15:10] <AliciaFlorence> Going to cast Voice of Ra.  3 Lore, -1 check, so 2 dice.
[01/07/12 17:15:18] <AliciaFlorence> 2d6
[01/07/12 17:15:19] * Hatbot --> "AliciaFlorence rolls 2d6 and gets 9." [2d6=4, 5]
[01/07/12 17:16:38] <AliciaFlorence> Exhausting the bible again.  Cultist is at 1 toughness now?
[01/07/12 17:17:23] <Yakumo> Yes, environment changed.
[01/07/12 17:18:08] <AliciaFlorence> Okay I have um 9 dice apparently.
[01/07/12 17:18:15] <AliciaFlorence> 9d6
[01/07/12 17:18:16] * Hatbot --> "AliciaFlorence rolls 9d6 and gets 32." [9d6=5, 5, 3, 5, 1, 1, 3, 5, 4]
[01/07/12 17:18:25] <AliciaFlorence> axeaxeaxeaxe

Nitori

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2012, 11:27:18 PM »
Trish Scarborough

Fight/Sneak: (1/3) 2/4 3/5 4/6
Lore/Will: 2/1 3/2 4/3 (5/4)

$1
5 clue tokens

Blood Pact
Any Phase: While this card is refreshed, any time you would gain any amount of Stamina, you may instead gain that amount of Power.

You may spend a Power token as either a Clue token or as 1 Sanity when you suffer a Sanity loss.

Upkeep: Exhaust Blood Pact and lose X Stamina to gain X Power.

Star Spawn Trophy (3)
Fire Vampire Trophy (1)
Cultist Trophy (1)
Cultist Trophy (1)

coming out on independence square

« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 11:36:29 PM by Nitori »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2012, 11:33:10 PM »
Roland Banks, FBI

Abilities:

Intuitive - Upkeep Phase - If Roland has fewer than 2 4 clue tokens, he gains one clue token.

Stats:

Sanity - 4/4
Stamina - 3/6

Speed - 1 2 3 [4]
Sneak - 4 3 2 [1]

Fight - 1 2 3 [4]
Will - 5 4 3 [2] [+3]

Lore - 1 2 3 [4]
Luck - 4 3 2 [1]

Allies:

Skills:

Inventory:
$3
5 clue tokens

Relationships:

Personal Story:
Passed.

Go go next zone.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2012, 08:27:53 PM »
I am writing this update assuming that Andy did not change his mind about what to do after posting this in chat:

[14:25] <RogueEffect> I could use some clue tokens
[14:26] <RogueEffect> Hrm.
[14:26] <RogueEffect> But I have eenough money to be useful otherwise.
[14:26] <RogueEffect> If no one objects, I'll head to ye olde curiosite shoppe
[14:26] <RogueEffect> And dig for an elder sign.

Arkham Encounters

Mandy Thompson - "What can I do ya fer?"  The shopkeeper has Cultes des Goules, Holy Water, and a Silver Key in stock.

Other World Encounters

Roland Banks - Make a Luck(-2) check to make it through the twisted forest.  If you pass, you find $3 worth of precious baubles!  If you fail, you are delayed.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2012, 09:55:32 PM »
hey look -1 luck, delayed

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2012, 01:08:00 AM »
Mandy Thompson

Lore/Luck: 4/0

$2, 0 Clue Tokens, Tommy Gun, Whiskey, Ancient Tablet, Stealth, Silver Key

Personal Story: If 5 gates (0/5) are prevented from opening by elder signs, pass. If terror reaches 5 (0/5), fail.

Buying a Silver Key

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2012, 04:23:28 PM »
"Skids" O'Toole

Stats

Lore: 1 2 [3] 4
Luck: 4 3 [2] 1

Unique Abilities

Inventory
$5
1 Clue Tokens
1 Monster Trophy (Cultist, 1 Toughness)
1 Gate Trophy (The Dreamlands)

Common Items

Unique Items

Skills

Spells
Voice of Ra (Exhausted) - Casting Modifier: -1 / Sanity Cost: 1 / Upkeep Phase: You may cast and exhaust to gain +1 to all skill checks for the rest of this turn.

Relationship

Personal Story
Failed

Current Action
Sealing the gate with clues.

[01/10/12 10:17:59] <AliciaFlorence> poke poke can I close a gate now?
[01/10/12 10:18:07] <RandomConsonant> no
[01/10/12 10:18:15] <AliciaFlorence> :(
[01/10/12 10:19:41] <AliciaFlorence> If I read everything right, it's 5 Fight, +1 check, -1 lurker douche, so 5 dice?
[01/10/12 10:19:50] <RandomConsonant> Sounds right
[01/10/12 10:20:08] <AliciaFlorence> Oh, +1 from Voice of Ra too.
[01/10/12 10:20:23] <AliciaFlorence> 6d6
[01/10/12 10:20:24] * Hatbot --> "AliciaFlorence rolls 6d6 and gets 15." [6d6=3, 2, 1, 1, 5, 3]
[01/10/12 10:20:47] <AliciaFlorence> That was too close but a success is a success.