Register

Author Topic: Anonyrandomafia  (Read 1608 times)

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
Anonyrandomafia
« on: October 06, 2008, 04:04:25 AM »
Yep. I've wanted to run one of these since Laggy's game. Anonymafia is a bit of a different experience from standard games. Personally, I find it more entertaining to play and watch. I'm hoping 9-13 people agree with me, because that's the range I'm looking for here. If you're interested after checking out the role lists, please send me a PM--don't post in this thread unless you want to sign on as co-mod (I need one of those still). Please do not sign up if you don't think you'll actually have time to play. Signing up when you're not really going to be focused on the game ruins it for the other players as well as the mod (I will get through a game without modkills, even if it kills me).

Starting time? Not until after Cap'n K's game, that's for sure. I'd guess a couple weeks from now. I'm hoping to get a full roster of thirteen players but will run with however many I have by then as long as it's at least nine (better to have a few dedicated players than them plus a few coerced slackers, really). Days within the game will be 48 hours, no extensions. Whoever has the most votes at the end of that time will be lynched.

The game will be light on power roles, and only the following will be considered for inclusion:

Bulletproof
Cop (any sanity)
Doctor (standard doc only)
Framer
Godfather
Miller
Rolecop
Roleblocker
Tracker
Vanilla
Watcher

As usual, power role and alignment will have nothing to do with the identities being used in this game. Role/alignment will be assigned randomly.

~

As for the identities you'd be playing? I have a truly geektastic array of personas prepared. They have nothing in common apart from the ability to make a particular fanbase go "Squee!" and that is basically the point. Though some are certainly easier to play than others, all could effectively be used as a cover by someone creative and/or familiar with the source material. In the interest of not having players wind up with roles they're totally unfamiliar with, I've decided to provide the list in advance and have people pick from it. This'll be first come, first served. I'll be marking them off as people claim them, but just in case I get multiple inquiries while I'm asleep sometime: List them in order of preference when you send your PM of interest. That way, if someone claims your #1 just before you make your request, you can still get your #2 without us having to go back and forth through PM.

Ash (Army of Darkness)
Crow T. Robot (Mystery Science Theater 3000; may be exchanged for Tom Servo if desired by the player)
Death (Discworld)
Excel (Excel Saga)
General Ripper (Dr. Strangelove)
Khan Noonian Singh (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khaaaaan)
Mr. Miyagi (The Karate Kid)
Ned Flanders (The Simpsons)
Queen Elizabeth I (16th century Britain)
Rap Master Seifer (Wanker)
Rod Serling (The Twilight Zone)
The Dude (The Big Lebowski)
Yangus (Dragon Quest VIII)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 05:29:26 PM by El Cideon »

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anonyrandomafia
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 03:58:52 AM »
Well, with El Capitan's mafia game over, I'm going to start getting this one ready. In other words: if you still want to sign up, send me a PM within the next twenty-four hours because I intend to send out role PMs tomorrow night. I'd like to start the game Saturday, assuming everyone confirms in a timely fashion.

Also, Laggy/Tom: send me the info for the previous anonymafia accounts if you still have it? I'd rather not flood the board with new accounts just for this.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 02:43:48 PM »
*Bump*

One slot left. I know someone out there wants to be Seifer. Right? Right?!

Also, game may start Monday instead to accomodate player schedules. Let me know via PM if this presents a problem for anyone.

EDIT: Make that two open slots. Just had someone drop out.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 03:26:09 PM by El Cideon »

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 11:07:12 AM »
Had another player drop out. This puts us at ten, which is still enough to play. Ned Flanders and General Ripper are open again, if anyone wants to switch roles. Otherwise, role PMs will go out tonight or tomorrow (probably tomorrow--I have to crash early on Fridays) and the game will hopefully start Monday.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 06:29:17 PM »
Bzzt, time's up! No more signups (got eleven players, good enough), getting everything in order now and will send out role PMs this afternoon. Confirm by sending me a PM from your anonymous account. Assuming everyone confirms in a timely manner, the game will start when I get home from work on Monday.

---

EDIT: All role PMs sent out. Also PM me if you didn't get yours for some reason or otherwise have questions.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 07:58:42 PM by El Cideon »