Register

Author Topic: DL Con XI: Wrap-up, Final Thoughts, Brainspace Expansion  (Read 1053 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
DL Con XI: Wrap-up, Final Thoughts, Brainspace Expansion
« on: August 17, 2016, 06:50:31 AM »
Huh, this doesn't go up nearly as automatically without Super.  I guess he was providing a useful function afterall.

Okay so as is traditional, let's have the first post be the Horrible Travel Story one.

Context: I injured my knee two weeks ago and it's still only partly healed.

So I get to the airport my usual 3 hours early because I'm a weird and paranoid dude.  Delta's check in consoles wouldn't take the confirmation number I had, which since I was doing a partner flight via West Jet I figured "well shit maybe... they don't... I dunno" so I asked someone.  This person had no idea what the fuck I was talking about, and suggested checking the other terminal.  At DTW this involves a shuttle that takes about 10 minutes to circle the highway.  I check around there and yeah, WestJet has no consoles of their own period, and my information said Delta and the other terminal, so maybe just ask the information desk.  When I got in line, someone more knowledgeable suggested the consoles might still be wonky and to try scanning a credit card that would pull up my name directly.  That worked, and nothing except 45 minutes of running the fuck around was lost.

Not that it mattered because that flight was delayed 2 hours.  Eating into a 2 hour 45 minute layover that involved going through Customs.  Their estimate of the delay was quite accurate.  Well okay so it takes like 8 minutes to get to the front of the airport, and Canadian customs is pretty easy going, so that's still half an hour to zip through.  We're okay.
Oh god that's a security line.  Oh hey they're calling for my flight, skip to front of line.  We're okay.
Okay 20 minutes to reach plane, from gate B5.  We're okay.
Oh god there's a huge hallway to even get to gates.  Oh god gate b5 is that absolute ass-end of Toronto.  EVERYTHING IS SUFFERING.
Oh hey there's the gate and the plane is still there...and nobody is at the desk and the door is closed.  Fuuuuuuuuuucukkkkkkk.
Seriously.  Even a five minute delay! 

It turns out that WestJet sends out a plane from Toronto to Vancouver every hour though and they apparently swap out plane sizes willy nilly so essentially it's a 1 hour delay in practice.  But yeah I had to collapse into a chair for about 15 minutes with a brief pause to hand my now-useless boarding pass over while they arrange the update.  I am glad that some of the crew for that next flight were hanging out there though so I felt a bit safer to sit. 

This plane also managed to be delayed about half an hour for reasons I felt super bad about.  A man and his family were there, and had apparently been stuck at the airport for about a day previously.  English was obviously not his first language, but apparently he'd talked to the manager of the airport/WestJet's rep in toronto and arranged everything, but at some point there was a miscommunication and one of his kids was listed as an 'infant' despite being about 4 and requiring her own seat.  Except nobody noticed this until he was on board the plane, so not only could they not carry him, but he couldn't even just buy one of the open seats since it was listed as "already boarding".  He rather understandably argued the point for about 10 minutes.  I was somewhat tempted to shush people complaining about him not just getting off the plane but too nerd to be a good person.

The return trip was entirely uneventful at least.

Food Summary- Heeeyy, all those credit card receipts I kept are paying another dividend.  Neat.

Thursday-
La Tortas: Solid enough.  Legitimately don't remember what I got.  Basically "whatever he's having", something about chorizo and a red sabuce.
Rain or Shine: Coconut somethign or other that was a bit disappointing actually.

Friday-
Dutch Wooden Shoe:  Pizza pannekoek.  Lacked something but still quite good.
Handi Cuisine: Probably the highlight food-wise.  I know little about Indian cooking and I should solve that.  Chicken vindaloo, probably could have gone full spice but eh, best not to press that until you're familiar with a particular shop honestly.  Probably the most relatively high end place we went, or at least they wanted to be perceived that way, but I think they earned it.  Basically flawless, super accommodating to us sweaty nerds, top notch.

Saturday-
Dutch Wooden Shoe: They were local and good enough to go back, what more to say.  Just got a platter, hashbrowns were pretty solid for that style.
Some Asshole From the Internet: I may or may not do a full breakdown on that adventure.
Bowling: I got some crab bites.  I think pure fuckin' junk food was a nice change of pace honestly.

Sunday-
Sushi 7:  I loved watching those dudes work.  I got a Tiger Roll and a Philly Roll.  I loved tempura shrimp in with sushi, that little crunch is this great contrasting element and... for me spicy food having a crunchy element is always comforting too.
Rain and Shine:   Holy shit this place has FRESH MADE WAFFLE CONES.  I mean I'd already had one but knowing they were all fucking in on that is just huge to me.  The coffee toffee was also great, although I wish the chocolate had been on top to kinda melt in juuuuuust a little.
Pizza whose name escapes me: Not bad at all.  The crust wasn't great, it had that char taste to it without really getting much other flavor, but the specialties were on point.

Monday-
Starbucks: Okay Starbucks snuck into a lot of my stuff on the return trip, sorry.
Mediterranean Grill: Shawarma.  That is all.
Amy's: perfect parting meal~

I didn't get to do my usual thing of just leaving the house with any random crew that does this time around because... y'know.  I probably spent a bit too much time doing random "Imma just sit for a while and play Vita/Pokeymans/spend stamina" but these things happen.  Did get in on most of the card-based party games though which... I dunno, for some reason the format of cards make more sense to me than board games.
Highlight-
So we had a 3 hour Cards Against Humanity session... Friday?  Longer maybe.  At one point I deal the card "In M. Night Shyamalan's next movie, Bruce Willis discovers that _____ was really _____ all along."  Gate hesitates to play his answer as too dark, and well at that point he HAS to play it.  It ends up being "Saying 'I love you'" and "Asserting dominance".
Dark.

The other major highlight I do want to preserve is the Romeo and Juliet Choose Your Own Adventure.  Thank you Mr. North for being awesome and giving Juliet muscles, and thanks to Nick for introducing us to it and reading it wish such gusto.

If I think of more stuff I'll add it in, but that'll do for now.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: DL Con XI: Wrap-up, Final Thoughts, Brainspace Expansion
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 06:19:53 PM »
DLCon was a lot of fun! A bit tiring and occasionally stressful to organize things but overall things went really well and I can't complain about much.

I don't have much more to say at this point except that I wanted to thank everyone for coming! (and also taking good care of the house) I really enjoyed seeing and spending time with everyone.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 08:09:41 PM »
Con was totally fun, though I was....rather exhausted the whole time. Which meant I did a bit less activity stuff(like actually playing games instead of just existing nearby) than I wanted, but such is life. I definitely will not do the Other Trip -> Con thing again, I was just too zonked after my week in Tacoma to really experience con. The other way around would have been much better. Still, for Various Reasons I'm still glad I did stuff the way I did it this time and it all worked out fine in the end.

CAH with Gate/Alex/Jim/CK/Tal and eventually Djinn(also with special guest commentary from Meeple and occasionally Tonfa) was prolly the highlight of the con for Actually Playing A Thing. We joke that Tal won the role of The Worst Person, but he actually won more off funny cards than terrible cards, so instead he is Secretly The Funniest Person. Hanabi with Gate/Laggy/Alex/Tonfa/Tal was also fun. We are terrible at that game, but in an entertaining fashion. Largely due to giving Tonfa either Not Enough or Too Much information and watching the struggle to keep it all together.

Every year I seem to randomly spend more time with one person than others, and this year is was Meep due to being the Early Riser Club(Jim wasn't too far behind us though). I was educated on many things involving pokemon and the life of a teacher. Gen1 is a balanced game, guys. :V

Also, much thanks to Elf and Ciato for the hosting, and for grabbing that fan for me the first day. Naturally when almost every room was still open I go straight for what turns out to be the hottest room in the house to throw my stuff in. RIP me.

Food Breakdown
-----------
Dutch Wooden Shoe was definitely the highlight of the food tour this time. Really good breakfast stuff. The hash wasn't quite as good as the ridiculous maple/banana/apple pannekoek thing, but was still solid. Though Jim's dutch apple pancake breakfast could give it a run for it's money easily. I had to stop myself from going back for a third serving.

The Elfiatos brought a bunch of us to an Indian place that is 100% better than any around me. I got a lamb something that wasn't vindaloo(started with a J, hell if I remember), that was great. If I visit again I'm gonna get that eggplant thing that meep got, though. That was incredible. I need to remember to try vegetarian stuff at Indian places more often instead of just going "oooh lamb!" it tends to be pretty good.

I only went to Rain or Shine icecream once, and got a Malted Milk Chocolate Honeycomb shake with waffle cone pieces mixed in. A+++ would clog arteries again.

Also some nerd made a pasta or something it was alright I guess.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 10:03:28 PM »
I did not get stupidly ill this time. Woo.

Good to see you all again before future DLCons become a lot trickier.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 10:16:34 PM »
Good times.  Lots of Codenames, and some Spyfall (despite Andrew's snarking at us being bad), wherein Sopko was usually the spy.  Yes, we have nukes.  It was too bad we didn't get to play Avalon or Fiasco, but oh well.  Also, Bard on the Beach was totally rad as usual.

Gate, Tallychu is indeed the worst person, but I'm not sure if CAH is the best measure.  I'd think he's a bad person due to, say, laughing and sadistically kicking Tonfa as he writhed on the sidewalk, but what do I know.  I'll add that I totally won the other CAH game which included myself, Miki, Magetastica, CK, and...  someone else whom I'm forgetting ATM  (DJ?).

I'm sure most people remember the middle of the Con, so I'll just tell a quick story from the end:
* On Monday, the last day, most everyone left, but Meeple/myself/Djinn/Shun were still around.  Visited nearby Queen Elizabeth Park, got some pastries & pictures & pokemon, played some Smash including 4x Captain Falcon, but most importantly...  I'd never actually gone to the ice cream store during the main con, when it was quite convenient to the rented house.  Threatening excommunication from the ice cream pope, we decided to go visit, but at like 9:30, when the place closed at 10:00.  Cue a nice exciting walk/jog/run from Elfiato's place back to the ice cream location to try and get there in time.  Which we did, at 9:55 or so.  Mm, Cherry Chocolate.  We had a pretty nice breakfast on Tuesday morning, too.  (At Medina, the place that had the 20 minute line on Thursday morning, which forced Tal/Tonfa/Meeple/myself to go to Bant Waffle instead then.)

And from the beginning, I'll just add that Amy's chili was great as usual from Wednesday night. 

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 12:48:44 AM »
I got a lamb something that wasn't vindaloo(started with a J, hell if I remember)

Rogan josh, probably.

Anyway! DJ and Shun departed today, so even the epilogue of DLCon 11 has come to a close. Going to try to wrap up my memories of things here:

Grefter stayed with us from late July until the Tuesday before Con. We didn't really do much touristy, just chilled and played games and chatted a bunch. 10/10 would invite him to crash on our couch again. One particular highlight of the visit was our D&D sessions, in which Grefter rolled up a Cthulhu-worshipping warlock (of course), promised that he could get the rest of the party a boat, then promptly went off and murdered a fisherman using Tasha's Hideous Laughter. When this eventually comes out this earns the admiration of the party's other warlock and the horror of the party's one good-alligned character. ("You killed him and stole his boat!" "And you paid me to do it. You're an accomplice!" *trollface*)

DJ and Shun arrived on Tuesday. I don't think we did too much that day, relatively, since they were getting over jet lag.

On Wednesday all five of us went up to Capilano Suspension Bridge. It is really high up and really swingy, not terrifying at all nope. We had a lot of fun walking around the park and seeing both giant birds of prey and a Dragonite which derailed the expedition for a while as DJ and Shun tried (unsuccessfully) to locate and capture it.

In the evening, Sopko/Snowfire/Meeple/Tonfa/Tal arrived. Yay! We played some of Snowfire's games while waiting for the last three to arrive, and ate chili. Ciato made a whole bunch and then sadly we forgot about it for the remainder of the weekend due to being so busy so we had to throw out the remainder because it had been 5 days. :(

On Thursday, a bunch of us (myself + Snowfire/Meeple/Tonfa/Tal/DJ/Shun) took a trip around Stanley Park. Weather was great, we saw several adorable wild animals (raccoon, heron, baby seal). This was also my main opportunity to hang out with Tonfa/Tal before they were claimed by mahjong and other Laggy-related hijinks, so that was a good time. DJ and Shun rented bikes and periodically past us and spent the extra time hunting pokemon because that's what people do outdoors in 2016. We returned to our apartment where MC/Laggy/Alex had already arrived. At this point we should have the house, but we learn that the previous tenants were mystified by this idea of a "check-out time" so no we don't actually have it yet. Then a whole bunch of us went out for dinner at White Spot. Right before we order I remember that oh shit Cmdr is arriving at the airport in ilke half an hour so I dash down there to get him, fortunately (?) his flight is delayed slightly even compared to the delay he had already told us about. Cmdr and I arrive at the house where Ashley/Andy/Gate are patiently waiting for someone to let them in, we knock loudly and Laggy shows up. Clearly Laggy did not want to be alone in a house with San Franciscans wait what-

Rest of the evening featured stressful times of trying to discover where Ciato's credit card was (we did find it eventually), although it meant we hung out with MC/Tal/Grefter while retracing her steps at the mall, etc. I then went and picked up Jim + Nick and returned to the house. Went out and bought/assembled a fan because south-facing second-floor room without some sort of cooling is a bad time during summer months. Went home and finally had dinner before going to sleep as Ciato needed to work at 5:30 the next morning~

After all that I really needed to relax a bit on Friday morning so I slept in + cleaned up the apartment a bunch while waiting for Ciato to get off work. We headed down to the house around noon. Hung out with various people and played games, etc. Took a trip to the Handi, our fave Indian place, with about half the group, for dinner.

On Saturday, we arrived at the house much earlier, for more fun times around there. Went out for breakfast at the Dutch Wooden Shoe with a large group of people, returned and hung out / played games / etc. In the mid afternoon we went with Grefter/Ashley/Andy/Snowfire to see Romeo and Juliet at Bard. It was a hot day but the tent was cooler; play was good as Bard stuff usually is. After the play there was Cmdr-made lasagna (good stuff) and the music quiz; the main thing I remember is that Cmdr and I tied and that there was the worst adaptation of the Ghostbusters theme I have ever heard. Immediately after that there was bowling; Ashley et al. drove so they had a pretty big head start on us. In total I believe 16 of us bowled (4 lanes of 4). I'm sure Sopko will post the results eventually; I know Shun did really well (DJ bringing in ringers). Went back to the house for a while and played various things; chatted with Grefter/Ashley some after the rest of our group had departed and/or fallen asleep on the couch.

On Sunday, Jim made apple pancakes for breakfast, yum. Otherwise it was another day of mostly hanging out and playing various things at the house. Sadly MC/Ashley/Andy had to leave relatively early on, so we snuck in our group photo first (unfortunately this meant the photo lacked Excal and Magey, since we weren't organised enough to take one earlier). Rest of the day was more of the usual. A highlight was Nick reading from Romeo and/or Juliet, which was pretty topical and good fun, and we learned that for Romeo and Julient, as for the rest of us, things tend to turn out better when you actually communicate properly. In the evening we went to our second Bard play, Othello, this one with Grefter/Snowfire/Gate. Again, good stuff.

On Monday the main set of departures occured. The house got cleaned up very nicely; thanks again to everyone who helped with that! Those of us who were still around after the house closed took a trip out to a mediterranean restaurant, which was tasty. (This was also about the only day I got in much conversation with Laggy/Alex, with whom my path had sadly not crossed much at Con itself, so glad I was able to get that in.) Then we went back to our apartment and played various games and such (plus took a short trip to Queen Elizabeth Park) while one by one everyone else departed until it was just Snowfire/Meeple/DJ/Shun. After DJ and Shun left to go clubbing, the rest of us were going to go grab a final ice cream from the usual place, but this plan got derailed by a call from my parents trying to set up some stuff at their Sechelt house. By the time it ended we figured we could still make the ice cream store if we jogged, so we did, and made it there with like 4-5 minutes to spare. Good times.

On Tuesday we had breakfast with Snowfire/Meeple before seeing them off to the airport. We then returned home to where DJ and Shun were staying the night, and headed off to Sechelt (for the uninitiated: it's on the mainland northwest of Vancouver, but you have to take a ferry to get there because there's no road that goes around Howe Sound, the fjord which separates it from the city). We had an excellent time just hanging out there for that day and most of Wednesday as well; we had intended to rent a car and explore more but instead just walking around locally proved enough adventure for us nerds. We returned home in the evening.

Thursday/Friday/Saturday/today I don't have much to say about; I'd say both Ciato and I took a bunch of time to recover but that's a lie because Ciato has had to go back to work during these days. :( Still as much as DLCon was a huge amount of fun it's been good to unwind and return to normalcy. We did hang out with DJ and Shun a few times but largely we let them do their own thing, past that, which they can detail or not as they wish~

Games played at Con:

-Codenames was definitely the highlight for me; really fun game which both makes you think a lot about word associations but also a fun social thing that involves knowing your fellow players.
-Spyfall was the other new game I played, also pretty cool.
-Love Letter was something we just snuck in rounds of here or there when time allowed with different groups.
-Asshole was a good excuse to show off our new Kirby cards, thank you DJ and Shun~
-I feel like I'm forgetting something.

I also watched Tichu and Cards Against Humanity but didn't end up playing either due to personal preference (Tichu) and just not having enough time and/or realizing a game was going on because it was played in the basement (CAH).

For video games, I tried out both Pokken and Towerfall Ascension. Neither really grabbed me with a "you must play more of this" feel but that shouldn't really be taken as a reflection on the games and more what I wanted to do at the time. We also played a bunch of Smash because yeah obvious. Also there was a lot of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, which Ciato played to entertain first Grefter and then DJ, though I'm pretty sure both got rather different things out of watching it. Highly enjoyable regardless.

Once again I'd like to thank everyone who came; it was great to see all of you and hang out with all of you. Hope you enjoyed Vancouver, and I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible next year. :)

Maybe.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 02:23:41 PM »
I don't have much to say, because it's basically the usual "we hung out, things were a blast" etc.  Yes, I know it's weird me of all people don't have much to say, but I don't really have much to add.

I guess one highlight for me that probably won't be replicated was Me, CK and Djinn doing a Lucky Draw at the exact same time, just for fun.  I've seen this done on Youtube and such with people doing draws all at the same time and comparing results, never thought I'd have the opportunity to experience it in live.  Yeah, weird highlight, but it's something different compared to previous years!

Also the change of scenery was nice, as Vancouver Con is something we've never done, and I have to say the House was basically perfect since it was big enough for our needs, and close enough to stuff that if you ever needed anything, never felt like a hassle! 

Lastly, Elf and Ciato did an amazing job getting everything together.  Welcome to the "DLCon Hosts!" club or something.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 03:33:04 AM »
I'm finally back home. 

I'm not even sure I can unpack everything.  SAP WARNING INCOMING!

Out of all the DLcons I've attended (and/or hosted) this was by far the best.  Holy moly.  Vancouver was an amazing place, the house was great, food was great, people were great, old friends, new friends (hello Nick/Shun/Eric, please do come back!), old games, new games, memorable positive interactions with every person there, and a wonderful wind down in Laggyland chilling with Grefter, Zenny and some Gate.  I think I can safely say this has been the most fun experience and month of my life, and it only looks to get better in years to come.

Thanks to everyone for being there and being amazing.  I feel incredibly lucky and blessed to be a part of this wonderful group.  Extra special thanks to NEB and Ciato for hosting, Laggy for hosting me, CK for cooking, the internationals for enduring travel and expense, and everyone else who did things that I'm forgetting or don't know about.  And again to everyone for being your awesome selves.

<3

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 10:50:35 PM »
I witnessed a great act of violence this year.  It all started because of 9/11, but not in the way you think.

There has been an overwhelming increase in the amount of government control in the past 15 years and you will find in this tale that it goes all the way to the top.

To fully explain the story we need to start from the bottom.  The deepest darkest depths.  The moment when your heroes let you down, when everything you believed in is crushed into the ground.

There was a Rogues Gallery of DL gamers out in the real world getting food.  We were eating Thai.  I got my usual fairly spicy but safe meal.  Tallychu got something safe because he is a responsible adult.  Laggy threw down the gauntlet and asked how hot their hot was.  The Server was emphatic that a 5 was very hot.  This place didn't rate spicy on the white people scale of "Hot".  Shovels full of scovilles was the standard practice here.  Laggy stared over the menu, looked the server in the eye and said "Up high.  Down low.  Too slow" and they gave him 5 like was right and good and just in this world.

It came time for RICHARD to accept fate.

He said "Four".  Four is a number to be feared.  Four is the number of death.

RICHARD said "Four".

This is not how I wanted Socialism to win.  I wanted it to be through the strength of our ideologies. 

RICHARD chose 4 and with it Democracy had chosen death and crumbled under its own failure.

This needed to be fixed.  If there were no justice, it would be necessary to invent it.

I demanded restitution and recompense in the name of all that is good in this world.  RICHARD sacrificed himself willingly and without concern for his own safety of body and mind.

RICHARD would set things right and he would do it for you dear reader.

The ice cream place down the road was the highlight of the local food.  Rain or Shine Ice-creamery.  They would help us retake 4 where 5 had been failed.

The Flight was the answer. The Quad.  The Dream.  4 flavours if ice cream in one serving.  Double the most that others would partake in at one time.  The words of RICHARD's reparations will live on in immortality; "Sorry I burned down your village.  Here is some gold."

RICHARD stepped up to the plate.  He set himself strongly ready to take on the challenge that was issued.

He met the challenge.  He succeeded.  RICHARD should have retaken 4 in the name of all that is good and just.

This is what betrayal looks like.

The challenge failed to meet RICHARD.  There was 4 scoops.  They were consumed.  They were not presented in the correct form in the name of Justice.

RICHARD said they blamed it on building codes.  Structural restrictions would prevent them from placing four scoops on one waffle Cone.

Here you can see the look of defeat and acceptance on RICHARDs face as he eats each cup.  The demise of democracy was set.

http://imgur.com/a/ssImc

There was a great man.  He stood for all that was great.  He was literally America.  He wanted to save the system.  The system failed him. 

The words of RICHARD's remorse will live on in immortality; "Smash the State."
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 11:17:48 PM by Grefter »
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2016, 07:27:53 PM »
Money stuff!

We got the damage deposit for the house back; thank you again so much to y'all for taking care of the place and cleaning up! Anyway, thanks to everyone paying and us getting the damage deposit back, we now have approximately $450 CDN extra floating around. If anyone would really like their share of this back (about $18 USD), send me a private message and we can look into the best way of doing so. Otherwise, we will pass it along to whoever runs the next DLCon to help reduce costs next year.

:) I'm very happy with how this Con turned out. Everyone was awesome. Thanks so much; looking forward to seeing all of you next year, or at least as many as possible.

Maybe.