Author Topic: DLCon 2018: The Big Apple  (Read 4654 times)

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
Re: DLCon 2018: The Big Apple
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2018, 03:56:19 AM »
I'll come! I think on Friday, though.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2018, 05:36:22 PM »
Sigh, I won't be able to come, again.

A lady quit job at the company, and I have to cover her opening. Won't be able to get a vacation for couple of months.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2018, 01:03:28 AM »
So, I ended up taking a bunch of time off before DLCon, but don't really feel ambitious enough to do multiple trips, so pondering heading out to NY a day or two early.  I'm up for getting a hotel for those days, but curious if anyone else is heading in early?  Even in tourist mode bumming around by myself seems a bit weird.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2018, 10:11:15 PM »
Administrivia reminders:

* I updated the directions on how to get to the rental in some detail on the first page, in the 2nd post.  Ping me if any of this is remotely unclear, and don't be shy about calling if confused on the day of.  Better than accidentally getting on the wrong bus or the like.

* ...however, those directions apply to getting to the rental.  If you are arriving on Wednesday or earlier, and aren't going to a known place already (e.g. Sopko), this'll slightly change.  You're either going to my address or to whatever hotel you're staying at.  Happy to chat about directions to these places as well.

* On that note, if you're arriving on Wednesday or earlier, might be useful to get a rough count of the number of people doing this, since I would imagine that if there's a lot, it may make sense to split a hotel room or the like.  (Currently, this is Sopko, CK, Mei, Andrew, judging by the travel thread.)

* There's a Google Doc with current rough suggestions of Stuff To Do in NYC linked in Discord.  If you want to just Go With The Flow, no need to sweat it, but if you have anything you particularly want to do or attempt to get a group together for, or that would require advance ticketing, give it a look.

Meiousei

• Glaive Slasher
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2018, 07:39:41 PM »
Magic is trying to coordinate with arriving on the same time as I...so depending on how he sets that up, he might be arriving on Wed as well. I guess this means I have to learn to use a train...never used one before...

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2018, 06:48:26 PM »
So I booked a hotel room on Wednesday night, since there's juuuust enough early arrivals that it might get cramped at casa de snowfire.  If'fn another early arrival wants to bunk there that night, there's an available bed.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2018, 12:59:27 PM »
So...I talked to Snowfire last week about this, but I'm officially posting it now:

While I know it's late, I have to unfortunately de-confirm.  My mother had a significant surgery yesterday, and I've been staying home to help her recover.  I was thinking she might recover quickly enough I could come out on Saturday or even late Friday, but with the way it's going, I don't think that's going to happen.  I'll let you know, Snowfire, if I can come in (also, send me an address, PayPal, or something to send money in for my share of things), but I think I'll have to just do the online thing through Dischord or whatever we're using. 

So...yeah.  I'm sorry, and extremely disappointed :(
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2018, 04:40:56 AM »
While I'm also disappointed that you likely can't be around, that is the definition of "having your priorities in order" and I hope your mom's recovery goes well.