Author Topic: Nerf League: Nominations  (Read 2207 times)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Nerf League: Nominations
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2015, 11:19:20 PM »
I'd probably just say 500 starting SP myself, but it's hinode's nom of course.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2015, 11:52:42 PM »
Godlike:

Surprise Kain, Worst Kain:  Valvalis, FF4, permamently despun (No magic immunity).

Heavy:

Not hiding behind his so called Goddess: Billy, XG, no Haste. 

Middle:

Kyra Eleison: Kyra, PS4, no healing skills.

Light:

Prince (of the) Light: Edge, FF4: No claws; only the three attack spells allowed for magic.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2015, 04:47:12 AM »
I couldn't think of any for the higher divisions...

Middle:
Human Millenia (No Valmar skills) - Stuck relying on the Chaos Egg (and Arrow Shot!) for a skillset. No SBE makes her awful speed worse than usual.
Compulsive Hoarder Shadow (No Throw) - Relying on ID immunity and Dogblock for survivability instead of vanish or image. His physical damage is probably still fine, though.

Light:
Zelos, bad at Fighting Games (No Chaining combos) - He can still use all of his abilities, just only one per average-speed turn. Should make him actually consider using his spells? At least the healing ones?

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2015, 06:55:28 AM »
Godlike

Xornless Xorn (Xorn, cannot use attacks with XORN (ie voice clips) Elf and I are pretty sure this means just his basic physical, Grandia III)

Heavy

Fall and Fire Don't Mix (Holly, may not use Fire spells, Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)

Middle

Sharon the Astraphobe (Sharon, no use of Arrode, Legaia 2: Duel Saga)

Light

Red-Eyed Dragoon (Dart, Red Dragoon only, Legend of Dragoon)

A Game of Aiels

"I Quit.  -Whim"  (Lilianne Valendorf, locked to a basic physical (we'll just pretend she tried REALLY HARD and learned how to make ice axes without whim okay I thought about doing something like restricting her to CSes only but we don't really have enough info for that to be remotely voteable), Mana Khemia II: Fall of Alchemy)

Eliwood, Pupil of Jagen (Eliwood, promoted at level 1, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) (The intent is that Eliwood stays level 1 and then promotes after Cog of Destiny and levels as normal after that, but if this ends up not being sufficiently Puny then 1/1 Eliwood it is or something.)

True Renaissance Man Serph (Serph, with even stat distribution and only the first tier mantras (ie Agi, Bufu, Zio, Zan, Tera, and Hell Thrust), Digital Devil Saga)

Eat, Pray, Sleep (Snorlax, only Metronome and Rest set, Pokémon)

Setzer the Unlucky (Setzer Gabbiani, locked Fixed Dice, rolls 1s, no gil, only Lagomorph, Final Fantasy VI)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:24:38 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2015, 08:53:49 AM »
Kongol actually can transform...for every 5 attacks he takes...
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2015, 06:39:00 PM »
Shadow's physical would be similar to Relm's or Gogo's, i.e. a borderline 4-5HKO. Dogblock helps, but isn't getting him out of Light, since he's much more fragile than Relm at base. EDIT: You could keep him in Middle by giving him access to an Offering, if you truly want his physical to be competent enough to hang out there.

Am I missing what's remotely near Godlike about no-Summon Revya? That is, for the record, how I vote on him/her, and I recall ranking him/her as Middle.

1/9 Eliwood has 28 HP, 11 Str, 11 Spd, 9 Def, and 6 Res (and there's a fair bit of positive rounding there for what it's worth). He has 0.47 pdur, 0.44 mdur, and of course is doubled by average. Interestingly, with that horrid speed, at this point he has no reason not to use Durandal since he is always doubled anyway. So average damage one-rounds him and half-average damage comes close, but his own damage is still somehow dead average. This is... probably still Puny, he's actually kinda similar to Frederick: frailer (and even less AS) but more damaging.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 07:27:12 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Maybe.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2015, 10:30:49 PM »

Middle
Saving the world in 8 hours Cecilia - Affixed with Command Replay, Retaliate, Grav, Quick, Fragile, Freeze, Protect, Spectre and Heal  (and Escape). No additional summons other than those that are mandatory.

ALICIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA JEEEEEEEEEEEEEENKINS - Affixed with Dragon Rib and Bloody Patch. Begins battle with only 19% of Max HP. Cannot use menu magic.

Light
"I've only been doing this for 8 hours" Jack - Only has Speed Fang, Strike Buddy, Acute Angle and Blade Pulse. Skill levels are at 5, 4, 2, 2 respectively.

<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2015, 11:15:30 PM »
I'd probably just say 500 starting SP myself, but it's hinode's nom of course.

I'd prefer this if Snowfire's okay with it.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2015, 01:03:21 AM »
Am I missing what's remotely near Godlike about no-Summon Revya? That is, for the record, how I vote on him/her, and I recall ranking him/her as Middle.

Assuming the CK scales the way I do, low Heavy sounds about right? (So by your scaling, Middle would sound correct since Revya isn't helped by your much nicer view on damage typing). That said, I wonder if CK was looking at Djinn's topic where the damage on Demon Force is way too high (since it's OHKO by some views there).
...into the nightfall.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2015, 01:51:49 AM »
Or he allow assumes Revya ate everyone.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2015, 02:12:47 AM »
I assumed nobody considered that. If people do that should probably be banned by the nerf description as well (or explicitly allowed, buut then you've created a Revya who is stronger than how many voters see him/her DL-legally, which is not the point of the tournament).

Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2015, 03:26:05 AM »
Thought of a few more that might be good additions (if they haven't already come up)

Middle
Ryu 2- No Dragon Summons

Light
Aika- No Swirlmarang
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2015, 04:51:33 AM »
2 other thoughts for Puny:

Struggling Mew: Moveset: [Substitute, Bulk Up, Barrier, Roost]
Spin Edge hype Celes: Starts 0 MP, non-desperation physicals deal 0 damage to enemy

(okay I'm breaking my own 6 word limit rule on the 2nd one, but seems amusing anyway.)

Alternatively any other suggestions?  At 14 noms for it, would rather add 2 then subtract some...

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2015, 05:04:41 AM »
I was trying to remember the terminology for "Revya eats everyone" (Combine it turns out!) because I couldn't remember if that was generally allowed or not.  I mean, not like we normally vote on her anyway, so it never comes up.  But yeah in my head I was thinking that Revya with boosts from that was still Godlike.  But sounds like that's less that standard as an interp so I'd rather remove her than muck around with it THAT much.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2015, 05:09:42 AM »

Assuming the CK scales the way I do, low Heavy sounds about right? (So by your scaling, Middle would sound correct since Revya isn't helped by your much nicer view on damage typing). That said, I wonder if CK was looking at Djinn's topic where the damage on Demon Force is way too high (since it's OHKO by some views there).

I don't see why it would be non-standard. It's not broken like Initiative Army-Summoning. And it certainly is a unique ability that only Revya gets. Combine items are even storebought, so it's not like it's hard to -do- either.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2015, 05:23:53 AM »
Actual Puny nomination:

Songstress Tear: Only gets her first four Songs

This gives her a skillset with only Nightmare, Holy Song, Force Field, and Revitalize. This means she's still got a skillset with healing and some cute tricks like 1.5-turn immunity, buffing, and -stun-. Her physical is pretty useless (13HKO vs average) so she's likely relying on her Mystic Arte for damage.