Register

Author Topic: King of RPGDL: Losers bracket 1  (Read 316 times)

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
King of RPGDL: Losers bracket 1
« on: March 07, 2023, 04:52:23 AM »
Voting on winners bracket 1 is technically closed but since I'm not posting their next round for a few days, I'm going to be lax with late votes there.

Match format, reposted for convenience

- Though the teams are 3 members each, matches take place as a series of 1 on 1 bouts.  First bout starts with the first member of each team.  When one fighter is knocked out, the next member of the team in sequence steps up and the fight continues from that point.  Winner of the match is the team that knocks out all 3 of the other team's fighters.
- Each bout is timed.  After 50 turns (shared by both fighters) if neither fighter is knocked out a Time Over will be declared. Both will be considered defeated and the next bout will begin with the next members of each team.  Hopefully it's obvious but the timer does reset to full after any KO.
- A fighter who knocks out an opponent will receive a small amount of HP recovery.  This starts at 20%HP if winning in one action and scales linearly downward to 0.4% recovery for winning on turn 50.  Note that this winner's HP recovery is scaled to an average HP fighter.  To use the Wild ARMS 3 crew as an example.  Virginia would regain more life proportional to her max HP than Gallows and Clive would under equal win conditions.
- Other than this HP recovery, the winning fighter continues from where they left off.  HP, MP, skill charges, and other resources will remain depleted.  Meter gain, if applicable, also carries over.  So do all status effects and stat changes, positive or negative and their durations.  This is different from fighting games, which will clear all status buffs and debuffs between rounds.
- Turn order is reinitialized when a new fighter comes in.  This is for interpretation simplicity.  No initiative advantage from KO'ing an opponent with a counter, too bad.
- No dead team member bonuses or penalties.  The fights are 1 on 1 after all.
- There is a new voting option.  Double KO, if the match ends with a Time Over with the last member of both teams.  There are a number of options to handle this.  Decision (cast vote either way based on whatever personal criteria you please), Coinflip, or (my favorite comedy option) Reserves, which I made a post in the nomination topic going into greater detail.

Heavyweight -

Team Fellowship of the Ring: Athos / Rufus (VP2) / Geddoe vs Team FE Heroes: Ike, Lyn, Ephraim

Team Speed Manip: Fie (Cold Steel) / Arnaud / Tidus vs  Team ...: Crono (CT), Luminary (DQ11), Freyjadour (Suiko V)

Lightweight -

Team C-tier ninjas: Akahgi (Suiko 4), Frank (SH3), Sheena (ToS) vs Team Mostly Harmless Dancers: Primrose (8PT), Dancer (FFT), Azura (FE Fates)

Team Kitteh: Purugly (Pkmn) / Daena (LoM) / Mao vs Team Superaielman: Kain / Noel / Nergal

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
Re: King of RPGDL: Losers bracket 1
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 11:31:31 PM »
Heavyweight -

Team Fellowship of the Ring: Athos / Rufus (VP2) / Geddoe vs Team FE Heroes: Ike, Lyn, Ephraim: I think Fellowship is just too strong.

Team Speed Manip: Fie (Cold Steel) / Arnaud / Tidus vs  Team ...: Crono (CT), Luminary (DQ11), Freyjadour (Suiko V): I think the status/speed does the trick.

Lightweight -

Team C-tier ninjas: Akahgi (Suiko 4), Frank (SH3), Sheena (ToS) vs Team Mostly Harmless Dancers: Primrose (8PT), Dancer (FFT), Azura (FE Fates)

Team Kitteh: Purugly (Pkmn) / Daena (LoM) / Mao vs Team Superaielman: Kain / Noel / Nergal

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2023, 05:47:36 AM »
Team C-tier ninjas: Akahgi (Suiko 4), Frank (SH3), Sheena (ToS) vs Team Mostly Harmless Dancers: Primrose (8PT), Dancer (FFT), Azura (FE Fates)  Kneejerk that the ninjas take it on the basis of sucking less.  FFT Dancer isn't outslugging anyone and Sheena can end combos with a knockdown move to stuff any Azura counters if it comes down to Sheena and Azura duking it out.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2023, 06:11:16 AM »
Heavyweight -

Team Fellowship of the Ring: Athos / Rufus (VP2) / Geddoe vs Team FE Heroes: Ike, Lyn, Ephraim

Team Speed Manip: Fie (Cold Steel) / Arnaud / Tidus vs  Team ...: Crono (CT), Luminary (DQ11), Freyjadour (Suiko V)

Lightweight -

Team C-tier ninjas: Akahgi (Suiko 4), Frank (SH3), Sheena (ToS) vs Team Mostly Harmless Dancers: Primrose (8PT), Dancer (FFT), Azura (FE Fates) - "sucks less" is probably the correct assement here, yes.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2023, 05:08:40 AM »
Heavyweight -

Team Fellowship of the Ring: Athos / Rufus (VP2) / Geddoe vs Team FE Heroes: Ike, Lyn, Ephraim - Don't think Athos gets doubled here even with Nos so that creates all sorts of problems for the FE leads. Then Rufus cheats with Blue Gale and opts for Stone Decree to cheese some wins. So, Fellowship likely wins this. For all that Geddoe is probably deadweight.

Team Speed Manip: Fie (Cold Steel) / Arnaud / Tidus vs  Team ...: Crono (CT), Luminary (DQ11), Freyjadour (Suiko V) - Both teams probably trade here. Fie/Crono are both bad at resources and Fie might have some issues if you see Vigil Hats as reaching with its immunities... but flip side Crono has issues dealing damage against Fie and Fie's healing even if shoddy does Crono no favors. Kneejerk is is Fie comes out on top here though, so team Speed has a lead going into Round 2, which then persists to the final round where Tidus v Frey is a match that I think leans Tidus to win. So yeah, anchor likely swings this.

Lightweight -

Team C-tier ninjas: Akahgi (Suiko 4), Frank (SH3), Sheena (ToS) vs Team Mostly Harmless Dancers: Primrose (8PT), Dancer (FFT), Azura (FE Fates) - Kneejerk. C-Tier Ninjas are "less bad" as everyone else is noting so without any heavy indepth look, they probably have this.

Team Kitteh: Purugly (Pkmn) / Daena (LoM) / Mao vs Team Superaielman: Kain / Noel / Nergal - I think Nergal reverse OCVs here. Team Kitteh doesn't have much answer for his brutal counters. none of their hits are ITD and the healing inbetween each round actually benefits Nergal here. I blame Super.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2023, 08:07:59 PM »
Oh boy Athos scaling fun.  If he isn't doubled with Nosferatu that is indeed very good for him, maybe will look it up later to see if I buy that, but definitely a "what is endgame level of FE7" question, since Athos looks worse the more fully leveled the team he's compared against is.

Buffed Tidus seems like a powerful mop-up tool even if things go okay for Team ...

Lightweight -

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2023, 04:52:58 AM »
Oh boy Athos scaling fun.  If he isn't doubled with Nosferatu that is indeed very good for him, maybe will look it up later to see if I buy that, but definitely a "what is endgame level of FE7" question, since Athos looks worse the more fully leveled the team he's compared against is.

For what it's worth the exp calculations are based on Eliwood Normal Mode, which ended up with most units in the neighbourhood of 20/14 or 20/15. Really not inclined to buy endgame level as much higher, the stat topic assumption of 1.5 combats to kill an enemy is already probably too high if anything for the lategame... 20/20 gets regularly ridiculed in srs FE7 discussions. Hector Normal Mode exp is probably a bit higher (there are more maps, particularly the final paralogue Value of Life is a help since there are actually a decent number of promoted enemies there), Hard Modes a bit lower because the exp formula is much worse once you're higher-levelled than your enemies.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.