imageRegister

Author Topic: Proving Grounds: Pretty pink-haired powerhouses vs the world  (Read 1281 times)

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
A silly idea I had for a team match proving grounds.  The showcase team of pink haired ladies will be pitted against a wide variety of opposition.  Team pink is as follows:

Rika (Phantasy Star 4)  Supreme speedy supporter with a variety of offense options
Meruru (Atelier Meruru) Another scary support member with lots of items for all occasions
Mystic Knight Lenna (FF5): Spellblade.  Guaranteed petrify on hit is just one of her many options.
Noa (Legend of Legaia)  100% charm.  Even if guarding the status, there's still her melee.

As an alchemist, Meruru will bring her supply of items to battles.  She will have two of every item in her handbasket except for the following:

Auto-Alarm and Magical Ankh (1 each, they start at 120 Quality and use 25 Quality per use)
Rescue Signal (only restores LP, arguably useless in this setting)
Homemade Pie (obsoleted by better stuff)
Dessert Basket (a nightmare to interpret)
Craft (obsolete for damage)
Time Lithograph (arguably pointless, also the highest effect is missing from the stat topic)

And the first batch of opponents.  I'm not being particular about matching power levels so expect lots of variation.

Pink Powerhouses vs Lady and Killer (SH3)
Pink Powerhouses vs Vyse, Aika, Fina, and Enrique (SoA)
Pink Powerhouses vs Maxim, Selan, Guy, and Artea (Lufia 2)
Pink Powerhouses vs Ghaleon and Xenobia (Lunar)
Pink Powerhouses vs FFT Swordskillers - Agrias, Meliadoul, Gafgarion, Beowulf, FFT Cloud (FFT)
Pink Powerhouses vs Queen Zeal, Magus, Manmon Machine (CT)
Pink Powerhouses vs Yggdrasil, Yuan, and Kratos  (ToS)
Pink Powerhouses vs Maverick Hunters - X, Zero, Axl, and Cinnamon (MMX- CM)

Bonus matchups - If it's not very well documented in a stat topic or for some other crazy reason, they'll go here.

Pink powerhouses vs Necron (FF9)
Rorona (Atelier Rorona) vs Souji (Persona 4)

Rorona doesn't look pink haired to me but this one amused me enough to toss it in the bonus section.

Second batch will be up in a week or whenever I compile enough interesting ideas.  Suggestions welcome; I would like to include a Fire Emblem matchup but I don't know Fire Emblem at all.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Proving Grounds: Pretty pink-haired powerhouses vs the world
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 03:43:13 AM »
I don't really know team pink well enough to vote, but just as comments from the peanut gallery -

Rorona (Atelier Rorona) vs Souji (Persona 4)
No Rorona, but...  stat topic claims Rorona is below average speed with 82% HP, so she isn't living to her turn barring a lucky evade off Hassou Tobi (which is...  possible, but.)

I doubt the Skies of Arcadia team can make headway there.  They spend too much SP on defense.  Plus, Rika has physically-flavored instant death which Skies doesn't block nor will Aika's Delta Shield.  (Maybe Gilder's move would help?  But eh).  The Tales of Symphonia team is also probably in trouble since Saner gives super-evade and ARPG bosses are generally very dodgeable.  I can't imagine the Lufia 2 team surviving either, it's more Rika bait, even Rika just spamming ID on Artea is good, Saner is also horrible for Maxim / Guy.  Necron is...  not very good unless he gets an insanely lucky Grand Cross to my recollection.

Ghaleon and Xenobia meanwhile would be a tough fight since spamming Instant Death and Petrify is both dangerous, even with Ghaleon limited to one ID check a round, and enough durability to withstand a rushdown.  That looks like the toughest fight, maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 01:47:32 PM »
Pink Powerhouses vs Lady and Killer (SH3): Lady herself is insane. Lady and Killer together are gonna wipe things.
Pink Powerhouses vs Vyse, Aika, Fina, and Enrique (SoA): O would Eliminat get through Delta Shield? Maybe charm would too.
Pink Powerhouses vs Maxim, Selan, Guy, and Artea (Lufia 2): Charm, Eliminate.
Pink Powerhouses vs Ghaleon and Xenobia (Lunar): Too much.
Pink Powerhouses vs FFT Swordskillers - Agrias, Meliadoul, Gafgarion, Beowulf, FFT Cloud (FFT)
Pink Powerhouses vs Queen Zeal, Magus, Manmon Machine (CT): HP-1 -> Tap on Meruru might be too much?
Pink Powerhouses vs Yggdrasil, Yuan, and Kratos  (ToS): Saner...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 03:18:59 PM by Pyro »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 05:28:32 PM »
Pink Powerhouses vs Maxim, Selan, Guy, and Artea (Lufia 2) - Pretty much the only match here I'm comfortable with voting on here since whatever Meruru can do is irrelevent, Artea eats Charm and then Rika and Lenna just make with the HP invalidation.

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 04:33:59 AM »
Pink Powerhouses vs Lady and Killer (SH3)
Pink Powerhouses vs Vyse, Aika, Fina, and Enrique (SoA)
Pink Powerhouses vs Maxim, Selan, Guy, and Artea (Lufia 2)  - They're outgunned even with full status protection.
Pink Powerhouses vs Ghaleon and Xenobia (Lunar)  - Could go either way.  Pink girls have a massive turn advantage with Saner up, getting 2 or 3, maybe 4 turns to Ghaleon's one.  They need it though.  Xenobia only has gradual petrify and not instant petrify but that's bad enough with Meruru being the sole status healer. Then there's Fate Storm ID which I don't see as defendable.  Auto-alarm grants reraise to the party but there's only 5 uses.  Pink girls' status tricks all fail here and both Ghaleon and Xenobia have good defense to blunt the teams heavy physical damage reliance.  If one holds Ghaleon to AI limitations, it takes him longer to bully Meruru.  Even limited, Hell Wave + Rock and Roll + Xenobia MT is a lot of damage and team pink lacks magic defense buffing other than Lenna's Shell at 1/8 HP.  Abstain for now.
Pink Powerhouses vs FFT Swordskillers - Agrias, Meliadoul, Gafgarion, Beowulf, FFT Cloud (FFT)  - There are three dangers on team FFT.  Meliadoul can shut down Lenna hard and also neuter Rika's offense by breaking weapons.  Cloud has Finish Touch and Climhazzard that will drop anyone who falls below 50%.  Climhazzard coming after Agrias' Holy Explosion and Gaf's Night Sword is going to leave a mark.  Beowulf isn't as potent in a team battle but with the team forced to neutralize Meliadoul or suffer horrible things, he'll have chances to create mischief.  Such as petrifying Meruru and Berserk could be worse.
   Pink team has the advantage of superior speed (even more when buffed) and a wide variety of status tricks the other side is forced to defend against or suffer.  Meliadoul in particular must immune Charm (or Noa will turn her on her teammates) and must wear a Judo Outfit or be vulnerable to eating Eliminate from Rika.  So she's both vulnerable to Meruru putting her to sleep and Lenna turning her into a statue with Break Sword.  All of team FFT needs ID resistance and Charm resistance but they all have the equip options to do so.
   Pink teams needs a few things going for them.  Meruru needs enough time to use two items before Beowulf gets a turn.  Lenna needs to get her second action before Meliadoul gets her first.  With Saner and Royal Aroma's delay effect, this might be possible.  Royal Aroma first then Guardian Jewel second to temporarily ward off status mischief.  Not yet out of danger but once Rika has a chance to use Illusion, they could probably pull off a win based on immense turn split.  Yes, Illusion.  Pointless in its home game since randoms die in one or two rounds and bosses immune it; very potent in a team battle because of the massive agility drop it inflicts.  Swordskillers getting one turn and never being able to act again looks viable if the pink team can make it to that point.  If both Meliadoul and Beowulf get a shot off, the swordskillers probably take this.  Being down two people and Gaf draining Rika's TP not far behind is too much to overcome.

Pink Powerhouses vs Queen Zeal, Magus, Manmon Machine (CT)  - I think.  Focus on one at a time and don't get caught out by Hallation with an immediate followup and I believe they have it.  Manmon Machine is a joke who tries to snipe low HP people if given the chance but I don't see that happening.
Pink Powerhouses vs Yggdrasil, Yuan, and Kratos  (ToS)  - Direct damage is not how you take out a team with this much healing.  Yggdrasil has MT damage + status havoc but it's tied to a HP threshold and seems to be twice per battle at most, Meruru has Guardian Jewel to resist it, and it's probably not enough when alone since the pink-haired girls will take out the other two first.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 12:23:48 AM by DragonKnight Zero »

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 04:03:12 AM »
Second batch.  See first post for the details on the pretty, pink-haired, girls team.  Voting on the first set is still available if one has any desire to do so.

Pink powerhouses vs Disciplinary Committee - Seifer, Fujin, Raijin  (FF8)
Pink powerhouses vs Nina, Nina, Nina, and Nina (BoF 1 through 4)
Pink powerhouses vs Garlyle Special Forces - Mullen, Mio, Saki, Nana (Grandia 1)
Pink powerhouses vs 3 Houses lords - Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude (FE3H)
Pink powerhouses vs Elemental Archfiends - Milon, Kainazzo, Valvalis, Rubicant (FF4)
Pink powerhouses vs Norgard Defense Force - Vaynard (Brig), Duran (SD3), Alonso (Grandia 3), Gares (Ogre Battle)
Pink powerhouses vs Luca Blight (Suikoden 2)  Can vote on either unscaled or scaled Luca, specify which one used.
Pink powerhouses vs Xenogears' Elements - Ramsus, Dominia, Kelvena, Tolone, Seraphita
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 04:10:48 AM by DragonKnight Zero »