imageRegister

Author Topic: Futurama 2014 Season 2, Week 2  (Read 1946 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2014 Season 2, Week 2
« on: August 03, 2014, 06:51:20 PM »
Godlike

Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series) vs Albert Simon (Shadow Hearts)
Mega Charizard (Pokémon X/Y) vs Zio (Phantasy Star IV)
Dark Knight (Bravely Default) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire II)
Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Arceus (Pokémon)

Heavy

Meis Triumph (Thousand Arms) vs Edgar Figaro (Final Fantasy VI)
Strawman (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Alfina (Grandia III)
Bacchus D-79 (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Fayt Leingod (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles) vs Billy Lee Black (Xenogears)

Middle

Fuka Kazamatsuri (Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten) vs Cid Highwind (Final Fantasy VII)
Lita (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Chloe Hertzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
The Jackal (Bravely Default) vs Lilina (Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade)
Gildas W. Byrne (Tactic Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Ekaru Hoppe de pe Tapeta (Breath of Fire II)

Light

Swordmaster (Bravely Default)  vs Pikachu (Pokémon)
Rubella (Child of Light) vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV)
Josh Kain (Phantasy Star II) vs Noel Chandler (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
Marie (Rondo of Swords) vs Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 06:51:48 PM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2014 Season 2, Week 2
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 06:57:11 PM »
Godlike

Dark Knight (Bravely Default) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire II)- Faster smash.

Heavy

Meis Triumph (Thousand Arms) vs Edgar Figaro (Final Fantasy VI)- Sodina shouldn't OHKO, which means Confuse does it's thing.
Middle

Gildas W. Byrne (Tactic Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Ekaru Hoppe de pe Tapeta (Breath of Fire II)- Gildas has no ID protection IIRC.

Light

Swordmaster (Bravely Default)  vs Pikachu (Pokémon)- Think I take Pikachu scaled to midgame. Goodbye SM.
Josh Kain (Phantasy Star II) vs Noel Chandler (Star Ocean: The Second Story)- Josh has absolutely no way to threaten a healer, even one as inept as Noel.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 07:05:49 PM »
PS: Ekaru Hoppe de pe Tapeta (Breath of Fire II) is Jean's royal name.  Apparently it's less well known than I thought.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 07:16:55 PM »
Ryu is either average speed or slightly below average by stat topic, DK is slightly above average.

Middle

According to Pyro's notes, double Jackal strike barely doesn't KO, although his HP average I kneejerk as a tad high?  Anyway, so Lilina gets counter + her own attack, and heck no to 2x Lilina shots killing Jackal, then she dies horribly.
Gildas W. Byrne (Tactic Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Ekaru Hoppe de pe Tapeta (Breath of Fire II)
Death.  Even a 71% hit rate from Dhyer's topic should be enough.  Both my Middle noms this week losing horribly, I SEE.

Light

SM physical deals *.035 PCHP damage*.  Pikachu goes to perfect evade with Double Team then buffs and slaughters - I think the counters are evade-subject?  Even if they're not, Pika can buff his S. Attack hugely and probably kill even through 2x Before Swine.  And while I'm normally skeptical of letting Pokemon swap their abilities around willy-nilly, I suspect running Volt Tackle in his default set might be optimal anyway, and that would really screw up SM's ability to not die, he'd be stuck with Know Thine Enemy as his only safe counterstance then.
0.27 PDurability, CK enjoys splattered princesses I see.  Even if hypothetically Luke's damage wasn't fatal, it's a heal-lock between two average speed characters (average at worst, Jade exists), so a Mystic Arte would clean up.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 07:30:58 PM by SnowFire »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 07:24:17 PM »
Godlike

Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Arceus (Pokémon) - Okay, several problems for Kaguya here.  First, Arceus going for steel typage makes the Poison/Paralysis special a lot more problematic.  Secondly, it's 60% and takes a turn, so turn two which gives Arceus two turns to buff defense *at minimum*.  Thirdly, the cost is kind of missing from the topic and I don't remember it off the top of my head, so even if she could theorhetically lock down Arceus until her ginormous SP pool runs dry, I'm not sure it's enough.  Okay it's 20 SP which is cheaper than I was thinking, still has more margin of error than I'm comfortable with here.  Fourthly, Judgment x2 kind of pastes her unless Guard is up and Arceus is getting doubleturns and Seismic Toss ignores defense, so she's going to be under pressure no matter what if she doesn't take that route.  Probably needs a bit more math but I'm leaning Arceus here.

Heavy

Strawman (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Alfina (Grandia III) - Strawman against someone who can't be hit with confuse or ID.

Middle

Gildas W. Byrne (Tactic Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Jean (Breath of Fire II) - Probably.

Light

Rubella (Child of Light) vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV) - Kain vs. healer.  Rubella probably doesn't do worse *enough* on offense that she can't pull this off at any rate.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 05:21:09 PM by Random Consonant »

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 07:39:50 PM »
Heavy

Bacchus D-79 (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Fayt Leingod (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - Kneejerking here.  Bacchus' attacks tend to run longer than Side Kick invincibility frames, and he has extremely cheap, extremely effective, extremely fast healing.  I can be swayed over, but I'm seeing Bacchus as faring a good deal better.

Middle

Fuka Kazamatsuri (Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten) vs Cid Highwind (Final Fantasy VII) - You know, I would say that this brings back issues of Fuka vs. Cloud...but Cid doesn't have the terror that is Cross Slash.  Pretty sure Fuka wins this one.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 11:41:31 PM »
Godlike

Mega Charizard (Pkmn X/Y) vs Zio (Phantasy Star IV): No Mega Charizard stat topic makes this hard. First of all, let's be clear, this is surely Mega Charizard Y rather than X if he's in Godlike, since he has way more damage. Doing some extrapolating then using the gen 5 damage average, he has a high 2HKO with Flame Thrower and a low OHKO with Blast Burn. Zio should be able to 2HKO him easily though, and is tough enough to survive those two hits. I guess a 3-2 is possible but nah Charizard's not super-fast or anything.
Dark Knight (Bravely Default) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire II): Yeah, he's probably faster. And while Ryu2 has some good defence... it's not enough.
Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Arceus (Pokémon): I suppose Fury goes through Ghost typing? Less sure about Steel. Still, kneejerk is that Kaguya really hates Cosmic Power + Recover since Arceus can probably bleed her dry of resources in time unless you are super-generous and say her spirits ignore both typing AND Cosmic Power... and the best case for going through Cosmic Power would be with crits which she actually doesn't do. Arceus... will have a lot of trouble killing her but Seismic Toss goes a long way... hmm. Is it far enough? Bah, abstain for now. EDIT: Snow mostly confirming my kneejerk, this works.

Heavy

Strawman (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Alfina (Grandia III): Yeah Strawman doesn't have much of a game here.
Bacchus D-79 (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Fayt Leingod (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time): I... would expect Bacchus can take this with tanking even if you take Dhyer's Fayt hype at full value. Since I found Side Kick mediocre and not good for comboing against human-size targets personally this just becomes a slaughter.
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles) vs Billy Lee Black (Xenogears): Probably haven't seen enough Xenoblade to vote here? *glances at stat topic* Yeah I have no idea how I'd take damage in this game and that kinda matters for this!

Middle

The Jackal (Bravely Default) vs Lilina (Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade): See Snowfire.
Gildas W. Byrne (Tactic Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Ekaru Hoppe de pe Tapeta (Breath of Fire II): Death. Gildas has bad MDef so this is certainly turn 1, though it doesn't even have to be.

Light

Swordmaster (Bravely Default)  vs Pikachu (Pokémon): Pikachu goes buff/debuff-happy. Before Swine is a big problem especially if it's evade-ignoring? Then again, not sure how much I care about "evade ignoring" from puny BD evade against Pokemon's universal variety... and Pikachu does have some vaguely decent physicals. So yeah sure.
Rubella (Child of Light) vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV): Kneejerk that she has more damage, and can heal on turns he jumps.
Josh Kain (Phantasy Star II) vs Noel Chandler (Star Ocean: The Second Story): Hooray, I can't vote!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 08:03:37 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Reiska

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 01:05:20 AM »
Godlike

Mega Charizard (Pkmn X/Y) vs Zio (Phantasy Star IV) - No vote.  I'd vote this one on general Pokemon experience if Mega Charizard had a stat topic but he doesn't and I haven't played enough of gen 6 to be confident going without.

Heavy

Middle

Fuka Kazamatsuri (Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten) vs Cid Highwind (Final Fantasy VII) - I'll add it later
Gildas W. Byrne (Tactic Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Ekaru Hoppe de pe Tapeta (Breath of Fire II) - ID

Light

Josh Kain (Phantasy Star II) vs Noel Chandler (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - Sorry, no Kain vs. Kain this season.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 02:15:44 AM »
Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series) vs Albert Simon (Shadow Hearts) - As usual, lol to letting Albert use HP-1 on initiative, and Sora doesn't even fear -that- anyway, since he OHKOs. Albert in Godlike is a barrel of monkeys.
Mega Charizard (Pkmn X/Y) vs Zio (Phantasy Star IV) - I can't imagine any Pokémon being able to 2HKO Zio without hitting weakness, and I seriously doubt Mega Charizard's up to snuff with post-DS Pokémon damage averages being as high as they are.
Dark Knight (Bravely Default) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire II) - Dark Knight's damage is good enough that even someone tanky like Ryu2 fears that. Nearly 1.7x PC HP ain't easy to live through if you're a PC.
Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Arceus (Pokémon) - dear god later. However, I do have to wonder if this is where Kaguya's Poison+Paralysis tech would come in handy. Steel typing still makes this quite hard for her even then... EDIT: Added Poison/Paralysis skill costs on the topic. 20 SP, 30% COM. Regardless, it's just another wrench thrown into the fight, which is already complicated as is (since Kaguya can toss up spirits before using the skill, but also compounds into her SP consumption). EDIT: Yeah, I'm going for Arceus here - the speed split here is notable (he easily 4-3s on turns where Kaguya doesn't Miracle) and two Cosmic Powers land his pdur somewhere in the realm of 7x PC HP, with potential to go -even higher-. When the most damage Kaguya can ever do in a single swipe involves landing an overdrive string for 84% PC HP (i.e. 5HKO to Steel Arceus BEFORE any Cosmic Power buffing comes into play), yeeeeeeeeeeeah. He may well run out of Seismic Tosses in the process, but he's unlikely to run out of offensive -and- defensive resources to kill Kaguya with, and he might well land a victory BEFORE that. Paralysis lasting only three turns also makes a lock way too unlikely - Kaguya really, really wishes Steel type wasn't poizn-immune here.

Strawman (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Alfina (Grandia III) - um no.

The Jackal (Bravely Default) vs Lilina (Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade) - The durability split here is horrendous.
Gildas W. Byrne (Tactic Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Ekaru Hoppe de pe Tapeta (Breath of Fire II) - Death.

Swordmaster (Bravely Default)  vs Pikachu (Pokémon) - Know Thy Enemy only 2HKOs Pikachu and he has all the time in the world to get his evade game going. Utsusemi catches Swordmaster counters just fine and I certainly would see Pokémon evade as more inclusive than that.
Rubella (Child of Light) vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV) - Even with Rubella offense being as bad as it is, the free healing counters alone would play HELL on Kain's putrid offense and her durability isn't really too bad. Healer vs. Kain is almost always a losing proposition for him, he's likely losing even with Blood Spear due to the counters.
Josh Kain (Phantasy Star II) vs Noel Chandler (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - Kain... well, 3HKOs and is below average speed. As long as Noel just sticks to physicals and Fairy Heal, he's never getting outsped and he has enough shots of Fairy Heal to get by, even though he sometimes will have to use two Fairy Heals in a row. It's hard for a healer to lose when he/she's getting 3HKOed and has a turnsplit edge, even being as inept as Noel is.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 01:54:40 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 03:36:19 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Meis Triumph (Thousand Arms) vs Edgar Figaro (Final Fantasy VI)- There is actually Confuse protection! Unfortunately ID does not exist in TA, nor do universal status blockers. Air Anchor does its job.

Light

Josh Kain (Phantasy Star II) vs Noel Chandler (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - Wow this is an epic slapfight.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 07:12:36 PM »
Godlike

Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series) vs Albert Simon (Shadow Hearts)- *skims* mmm.  Sora probably 2HKOs Albert, meaning he only gets one shot at Status Abnormality and seeing as he's gotta nail either Paralysis or Petrify on, what, a d6?  Maybe a d5?  Not winning odds.
Mega Charizard (Pokémon X/Y) vs Zio (Phantasy Star IV)- Mmm.  Gen 6 'zard doesn't have legal Blast Burn from what I've read (assuming we aren't taking carryover from previous gens), so he's limited to Flamethrower as his best damage.  That may well swing a low OHKO, but Zio like most PSIV bosses probably approaches 3PCHP and definitely kills on turn 2 so yeah no.
Dark Knight (Bravely Default) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire II)- Probably.  The only question I have is how Ryu's counters interact with Brave spam, but while I'm 99% sure BD counters do work that way I dunno that BoFII even has anything that does, and I doubt 3x Ryu counters even kills, nevermind he likely just gets two.  Okay so I make matches in like ten seconds and it shows sometimes >.>
Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Arceus (Pokémon)- I love that this is the most talked about match this week.  Anyway yeah, Cosmic Power trashes any hope Kaguya has of outlasting Arceus' resources.

Heavy

Meis Triumph (Thousand Arms) vs Edgar Figaro (Final Fantasy VI)- No vote.
Bacchus D-79 (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Fayt Leingod (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- Bacchus gets paralysis immunity, think that's plenty with his stupid HP?
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles) vs Billy Lee Black (Xenogears)- No vote.

Middle

Fuka Kazamatsuri (Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten) vs Cid Highwind (Final Fantasy VII)- Seems right.
Lita (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Chloe Hertzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- Um... Chloe might OHKO her, and the recharge on Pale Wing means that even if she survived a hit afterwards I don't think Lita gets the immediate double she needs to kill Chloe before the finishing poke.  So barring a lot of dhyer math we'll go with this. e: dhyer math
Gildas W. Byrne (Tactic Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Ekaru Hoppe de pe Tapeta (Breath of Fire II)- No vote.

Light

Swordmaster (Bravely Default) vs Pikachu (Pokémon)- DT hype?  Sure why not.
Josh Kain (Phantasy Star II) vs Noel Chandler (Star Ocean: The Second Story)- No vote.
Marie (Rondo of Swords) vs Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss)- No vote.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 03:54:08 AM by Cmdr_King »

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 01:18:06 AM »
Godlike

Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series) vs Albert Simon (Shadow Hearts) - One sided
Mega Charizard (Pokémon X/Y) vs Zio (Phantasy Star IV) - Can't be assed to figure out Megazard, I'll just kneejerk a Zio win and call it a day.
Dark Knight (Bravely Default) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire II) - Slightly faster ORKO
Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Arceus (Pokémon) - Kneejerk, sure.

Heavy

Meis Triumph (Thousand Arms) vs Edgar Figaro (Final Fantasy VI) - Air Anchor does it's job
Bacchus D-79 (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Fayt Leingod (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)

Middle

Fuka Kazamatsuri (Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten) vs Cid Highwind (Final Fantasy VII)
Lita (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Chloe Hertzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
The Jackal (Bravely Default) vs Lilina (Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade) - Well this is simple
Gildas W. Byrne (Tactic Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Jean (Breath of Fire II) - ID does it's job

Light

Swordmaster (Bravely Default)  vs Pikachu (Pokémon) - Double Team, sure. If SM tries to bop while pika is setting up, risks running into STATIC to make this even more hilarious.
Rubella (Child of Light) vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV) - Played enough CoL to know how this'll end.
Josh Kain (Phantasy Star II) vs Noel Chandler (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - JKain does not handle healers well. Well, he doesn't handle much of ANYTHING well, but especially not healers.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 02:58:58 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Swordmaster (Bravely Default) vs Pikachu (Pokémon)
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 03:55:56 AM »
Godlike

Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series) vs Albert Simon (Shadow Hearts) - Heal forever probably works.
Mega Charizard (Pokémon X/Y) vs Zio (Phantasy Star IV) - Not as good as I'd hoped.
Dark Knight (Bravely Default) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire II) - easily beats the worst Ryu.
Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Arceus (Pokémon) - this whole Pokemon in Godlike thing isn't working out so great.

Heavy

Meis Triumph (Thousand Arms) vs Edgar Figaro (Final Fantasy VI) - can't block ID, Meis?
Strawman (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Alfina (Grandia III) - think she messes up his status game.
Bacchus D-79 (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Fayt Leingod (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - SO4 vs SO3? Cute. Bacchus is kinda nuts though.
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles) vs Billy Lee Black (Xenogears) - Much as I hate to admit it, I don't think Shulk can outpace Billy's healing/speed combo. Even a Monado attack isn't OHKOing him, so it would take a special combination of Stunning AND building a full Talent meter to maneuver Shulk into a place where he can break through the healing, and Billy's getting enough attacking turns in before that happens to take out Shulk (and Shulk's own healing is laughable).

Middle

Fuka Kazamatsuri (Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten) vs Cid Highwind (Final Fantasy VII) - halving the damage and taking names.
Lita (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Chloe Hertzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Really, the better alchemy-related character wins.
The Jackal (Bravely Default) vs Lilina (Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade) - Bravely Default bosses are fun. Lilina's kinda boring though.
Gildas W. Byrne (Tactic Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Ekaru Hoppe de pe Tapeta (Breath of Fire II) - ID works

Light

Swordmaster (Bravely Default) vs Pikachu (Pokémon) - Thunderwave and Double Team at worst.
Rubella (Child of Light) vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV) - Her healing shall thwart this overhyped knight./ And even without it, she outslugs his... physical strength.
Josh Kain (Phantasy Star II) vs Noel Chandler (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - Hey wow, Noel wins a match. Good for you.
Marie (Rondo of Swords) vs Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss) - I feel like Noel would have been a better first match for Marie, because at that would have been a fight worth thinking about.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 04:27:29 AM »
Surely you mean "might".
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 05:54:48 AM »
Heavy
Strawman (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Alfina (Grandia III)- *Mutters at CK for finding Heavy matches where Alfina wins*
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles) vs Billy Lee Black (Xenogears)- Well, shit, I need to go a lot of thinking on XB, but hey, this needs a vote! So...my gut reaction is that I see XB turns lasting like 6-10 seconds or something. So characters can generally squeeze a fair amount into a turn, but won't have great follow up turns. This plays well into matches like this since Shulk can buff. Shit...just so I'm not gut reacting on this, until I can figure something better out, I'm using 3 moves a turn. Super approximate damage average

Dunban/Shulk/Sharla- ~12K
Reyn- ~9,600 (Minus his buffs, which I would count in and are quite nasty)
"Seven"- ~10,000
Melia, Riki- ~9,000
Now...buffs aren't really in this. In a turn, Shulk can do is probably around 17,000. I...don't think that will cut it here. This is really rough, but hey, there's my voting basis.

Middle
Lita (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Chloe Hertzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- Lita is close to biting it to one Chloe attack, but I don't see Chloe with 69% damage, so she should still be able to take 2. Per Lita's average, 2 moves against her is the equivalent of 3 turns for Lita (Between the evade and the chance of Fast Attack, Lita has 75% of a getting in a free attack if the enmy needs 2 turns to kill. Giving Lita 3 attacks=Pale Wing and then Lita has borderline 2HKO damage (which is 2HKO against Chloe). So Lita should get in the raw attacks and take her out first. (Actually to make it worse, Chloe doesn't have a lot of recourse to Lita going airborne anyways).

Light

Swordmaster (Bravely Default)  vs Pikachu (Pokémon)- Double team works
Rubella (Child of Light) vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV)- I can't technically vote on this yet, for all that the few battles I've gotten into with Rubella and the way voting is going is telling me this is pretty clear.
...into the nightfall.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2014, 05:56:22 AM »
Lita (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Chloe Hertzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- Um... Chloe might OHKO her, and the recharge on Pale Wing means that even if she survived a hit afterwards I don't think Lita gets the immediate double she needs to kill Chloe before the finishing poke.  So barring a lot of dhyer math we'll go with this.

Also, the 1/2 turn recharge on Pale Wing is good (because it's 1/2 of the time needed for a full recharge, which is what most of the AI moves are).
...into the nightfall.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 06:38:24 AM »
Oh.  I read 1/2 RT as "recharges for half a turn before gaining CT again", as opposed to "starts gaining CT again immediately" which is what I assume moves with not RT remarks at all are.  So I should instead be reading that as more of a quick hit-type move then?

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 05:19:31 PM »
Yeah.
...into the nightfall.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2014, 01:42:53 AM »
Godlike
Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series) vs Albert Simon (Shadow Hearts) - May win if 2HKO, has a good case for a OHKO regardless, so yeah,  easy.

Heavy
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles) vs Billy Lee Black (Xenogears) - Very very strong kneejerk. Shulk's only real chance of winning this is to OHKO Billy with Backslash. But for this to happen you have to see all of the following going in his favour:
1) That Back Slash's special property kicks in, even though in-game, if fighting something solo, Shulk is never able to take a shot at hitting his target in the back.
2) That Billy's Ether Guns are of physical property and thus can be evaded from Monado Speed
3) That Shulk is able to build up enough Talent to access Monado Speed (He needs 66% and it builds 20% on a basic physical) without taking too much damage. For the record, if you are factoring in base level attack speed as how quickly characters would get a turn in a CTB setting, Shulk is about 114% average. So Billy easily laps after with Haste.

Seeing any of the above going against Shulk means he will take way too much damage and Billy just haste-heals his way to victory. Even assuming Agility is in play, Billy may still be able to double turn and land a big Combo attack when Agility wears off. So yeah, odds are stacked against Shulk.

On a side note: Whoever nommed Xenoblade is bad and should feel bad.

Middle
Lita (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Chloe Hertzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Reading the posts, this sounds like it comes down to whether Chloe OHKOs. If she doesn't, Lita will lap her and 2HKO with ease. I think I agree with Dhyer? My gut reaction is that Chloe's damage isn't good enough even though Lita's not exactly durable.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 02:07:50 AM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2014, 03:00:56 AM »

Heavy

Strawman (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Alfina (Grandia III): Status immunity.

Middle

Lita (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Chloe Hertzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): Meteor Drop if nothing else.

Light

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 01:51:20 AM »
Godlike

Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series)- iiiiiiii vs Albert Simon (Shadow Hearts)
Mega Charizard (Pokémon X/Y) vs Zio (Phantasy Star IV)- iiiiii
Dark Knight (Bravely Default)- iiiiiiiii vs Ryu (Breath of Fire II)
Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier)- ii vs Arceus (Pokémon)- iiiii

Heavy

Meis Triumph (Thousand Arms) vs Edgar Figaro (Final Fantasy VI)- iiii
Strawman (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Alfina (Grandia III)- iiiiiii
Bacchus D-79 (Star Ocean: The Last Hope)- iiiiii vs Fayt Leingod (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles) vs Billy Lee Black (Xenogears)- iiii

Middle

Fuka Kazamatsuri (Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten)- iii vs Cid Highwind (Final Fantasy VII)
Lita (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana)- iiii vs Chloe Hertzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- i
The Jackal (Bravely Default)- iiiiii vs Lilina (Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade)
Gildas W. Byrne (Tactic Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Ekaru Hoppe de pe Tapeta (Breath of Fire II)- iiiiiiiiiii

Light

Swordmaster (Bravely Default)- i  vs Pikachu (Pokémon)- iiiiiiiii
Rubella (Child of Light)- iiiiiiii vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV)
Josh Kain (Phantasy Star II) vs Noel Chandler (Star Ocean: The Second Story)- iiiiiii
Marie (Rondo of Swords) vs Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss)- ii