imageRegister

Author Topic: Anonyrandomafia: Game over (Scum win)  (Read 43383 times)

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
Anonyrandomafia: Game over (Scum win)
« on: October 21, 2008, 12:17:19 AM »
Ground rules first:

- Do not exceed the general area of 300 words on your posts. Quoting others is not included in this wordcount.
- No editing your posts.
- No talking outside the thread about the game, unless your role specifically states that you may. Please abide by this rule even if you have been killed, in order to avoid giving information to someone who is still in the game.
- No posting during game night phases.
- No spectator posts.
- Don't directly quote your role PM. This will result in a modkill.
- Vote using ##Vote: name and ##Unvote: name.
- Play to win.
- Inactivity and failure to post for 24 hours will result in a modkill.
- There may or may not be third parties.
- There will be no time extensions unless there is significant forum downtime.
- Days will last 48 hours.
- The game will begin with day phase.
- LYLO or potential LYLO will be announced.
- This is a semi-open setup. See the list of potential roles for a complete list of what you can expect.
- There are no scripted events.
- Town has to lynch. If no hammer is reached within the time period then the player with the most active votes will be lynched. Sudden-death overtime will result in the event of a tie.
- Scum have to kill.
- Role & alignment information will be revealed on cardflip.
- Post only under your anonymous account name. Don't be Carthrat. Note: For added security, sign out of your normal account before even clicking on the thread.
- Modkills will end the day instantly. However, any attempt to manipulate modkills for a gameplay advantage will result in a ruling against the interests of the player, who will then automatically lose the game.
- Characters have nothing to do with roles or alignment. Darth Vader could be town and Frodo could be mafia.
- Roleplaying is encouraged but not mandatory.
- Have fun!

Potential roles

Bulletproof
Cop (any sanity)
Doctor (standard doc only)
Framer
Godfather
Miller
Rolecop
Roleblocker
Tracker
Vanilla
Watcher

And now, without further ado, da flavour text:

---

One minute, they were going about their lives, and the next they were on the moon. No explanation, no transition, just *BING*, welcome to Luna. They were a motley lot, for certain:

Ash, dutiful S-Mart employee and veteran slayer of the undead, now facing his greatest challenge: DL MAFIA.

Crow T. Robot, prisoner of the Satellite of Love and veteran slayer of bad movies.

Death, the personification of...uh, death.

Excel, motormouthed operative of a secret organization, unfailingly loyal to her beloved leader.

Khan Noonian Singh, genetically engineered mastermind.

Mr. Miyagi, wise and venerable karate master.

Ned Flanders, hapless neighbor.

Queen Elizabeth I, ruler of England from 1558 to 1603.

Rod Serling, producer, narrator, and well acquainted with the bizarre and unexplainable.

The Dude, slacker extraordinaire and (possible) Man of the Year.

Yangus, a former bandit chief on the mend from his larcenous ways.

For a long, awkward moment people shuffled their feet and took in the astounding lunar vista before them. Then this guy showed up:

"Greetings, humans," the alien began, swiftly correcting himself on noticing the robot and the demigod in the midst of the small crowd. "Correction: greetings, mostly humans. I am Uatu, the Watcher. I have selected you as representatives of your various realities and drawn you here to warn you that your worlds have been targeted for consumption by THE GRAND MASTER PLANET EATERS. These voracious and merciless beings will devour your worlds and leave behind no trace that your species ever existed. While it is normally the position of my kind to observe and record, these beings fill even us with revulsion and force us to take action. You must warn the leaders of your home dimensions once I return you to your own realities. You must tell them to prepare every possible defense to thwart this menace."

And here the alien broke off, carefully scanning those assembled for a long moment. "I detect that some of you are in contact with this dread force, no doubt seduced by promises of ultimate power. Do not believe THE GRAND MASTER PLANET EATERS. They will consume you as well once they have no further use for you. And in case you do not heed my words, I must warn your brethren of your duplicity." The Watcher raised a hand to point out the treacherous individuals in the assembly. "The untrustworthy ones are--"

It was at this point in the monologue that the Watcher's head exploded, leaving the humans (correction: mostly humans), baffled, anxious, and, not coincidentally, considerably icky. Their messenger had been slain, no doubt by the same evil forces he had attempted to warn them about, and there were killers in their midst, just waiting to strike again...

---

Keeping themselves alive

Excel
Khan Noonian Singh
The Dude

All dead, all dead

Ned Flanders (Vanilla Townie)
Rod Serling (Vanilla Townie)
Death (Vanilla Townie)
Yangus (Town Miller)
Queen Elizabeth I (Town Doctor)
Ash (Scum Rolecop)
Crow T. Robot (Vanilla Townie)
Mr. Miyagi (Town Cop)

---

The game is now over.

Link to final day one votecount: http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?action=post;quote=37921;topic=2205.125;num_replies=125;sesc=3db766487e7d1f1e529832e71a23447f

Link to final day two votecount: http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?action=post;quote=38267;topic=2205.225;num_replies=243;sesc=40c9b7bae447fb708c2b4a86bb7f79e7

Link to final day three votecount: http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?action=post;quote=38650;topic=2205.325;num_replies=346;sesc=124c456ec508c5b145ccae895bd6c66e

Link to final day four votecount: http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?action=post;quote=38762;topic=2205.350;num_replies=364;sesc=0049eaa5ea7fca470b2a7068bfa74421
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 12:26:16 AM by El Cideon »

Khan Noonian Singh

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anonyrandomafia: On the first day, they gathered.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 12:21:01 AM »
I don't know the rest of you.

But you? I never forget a face. Death, isn't it? I never thought to see your face again.

The last I saw of you was when you took my beloved wife from me. For that and the lives of my fallen comrades, vengeance must now be taken.

##VOTE: Death
It is better to rule in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

The Dude

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 12:47:06 AM »
Jesus, man, what the... what the fuck is going... shit, I've got some sort of green head-goo all over my fucking pants. I liked these pants, man. Fuck. Fucking shit.

Okay. Alright, I'm sorry. That was out of line. Very uncool. This is clearly the kind of thing that requires a certain amount of... of mental... plasticity, dig? We need to limber up our minds before we go pointing fingers and yellin' about fucking revenge. You hearin' me over there, Ziggy Stardust? Let's all just try to be cool while we figure out who, who precisely, is responsible for the current state of my pants.

##VOTE: Crow T. Robot

Can't really imagine Mr. No-Legs being too pants-respectful, on the whole.

Ash

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 12:56:48 AM »
##Vote: Yangus

All right you primitive pin-heads, listen up! This... is my VOTE STICK! It's a single action scum hunting tool, got a bold double numbersign and a hair-colon. It retails for acting incredibly scummy. Remember. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

The Dude

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 01:05:47 AM »
Man, just fucking... cool it. Quit waving that fucking thing around. Jesus.

Ned Flanders

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 01:10:34 AM »
Hi-diddly ho moon neighbor-inos!

It seems like we're all in one fine dilly of a pickle here on the surface of the moon, with murderers and what-not in our midst. The lord has called that nice bald-headed fella up to Heaven, and any one of us could be next. The big question is, how do we find who the killer is?

Well, that "Dude" character raises the little hairs on the back of my neck. Sure, a man's head violently exploded, but that's no reason for potty language, Mister. Explain yourself.

Rod Serling

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 02:03:20 AM »
DL Mafia. A recipe for success wherever it goes, and one that is quite simple to follow; pour 11 cups of townie into a topic, add a dash of traitorous motives, mix well and bake for three to five days. This recipe is currently being put to use...in the kitchens of the Planet Eaters.

Today, as it has so many times in the past, this recipe will produce yet another stellar entrée, worthy of the finest restaurants in France. However, unbeknownst to the Planet Eaters, they are terribly allergic to DL Mafia, and, upon consumption, will embark on a physical - and mental - journey for the ages, just like the townies in their recipe, whose job in perfecting the dish will be to root out the bad ingredients.

Ingredients such as vengeful anger. Too much anger and the dish will be charred beyond all culinary recognition. The master chef knows when and how to cut out unwanted additions, and he must do so now.
##Vote: Khan

Will the townies survive this epic journey and make it out of Hell's Kitchen safely? Or will the Planet Eaters get over their sickness and return to their stoves to try another dish? The answers can only be found...in the recipe Rolodex...of the Twilight Zone.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 02:20:02 AM »
Man, just fucking... cool it. Quit waving that fucking thing around. Jesus.

I'm perfectly calm, Dude.

Calmer than you are.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 02:28:53 AM »
MOD'S NOTE: This is the bit where the stereotypical Irish cop goes "Move along, folks, nothin' ta see here." I'm not modkilling someone on the first page of the game, especially while people are still just joking around.

However, I will note again: Signing out of your normal DL account before reading the new posts in the thread makes it considerably less likely that you'll post from the wrong account. I suggest that you always do this before checking on the topic.

Queen Elizabeth I

• Denizen
  • Ruler of England from 1558 to 1603.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 02:44:36 AM »
We bid everyone welcome to Our little parlor game. 

Video et taceo.

##Vote: Excel for disrupting Our peace, despite not even being here yet.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 03:14:00 AM »
Current votecount before I go to bed:

Crow (1): The Dude
Death (1): Khan
Excel (1): Queen Elizabeth
Khan (1): Rod Serling
Yangus (1): Ash

With eleven alive it takes six to lynch.

Yangus

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 03:49:20 AM »
COR BLIMEY!

Did'ja see that?  That bloke's 'ead jus went and exploded, not even a trace as to why.  And already we've got ourselves acting in a fine pickle, all pointin' fingers and wot not wivvout even taking a moment to think.  Granted, I'm not much a one fer thinking, that's usually something I let the Guv do, but he's not here so's I'll just have to figger out what he'd be thinking if he were here.

I reckon he'd 'ave something to say to that Ash bloke.  All fiddlin about with that stick o 'is, but not a reason why he's waggin it about like that.  I mean, sure we've not a whole lot to go on, but he's not even giving us the teensiest bit to use.  But for now I figger I've got to rest my axe on that Serling bloke.  The way 'e talks puts the 'airs on me back up in the oddest way.

##Vote: Rod Serling

Khan Noonian Singh

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 04:13:12 AM »
I've had to deal with inferior beings my whole life, but this is quite the spectacle. Not only do four yet remain struck dumb by this most trivial of plights, but one has been reduced to speaking in tongues as a different personality. No matter. If the agents of the so-called "master planet eaters" must be found then so be it; there is no being that I would share such dominion with.

(aka hey guys, going to sleep about now, hope the rest have posted by morning)

Excel

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 04:44:54 AM »
HAAAAAAAAIL IL PALAZOOOOOOOO!
I'm so glad you're sending your most loyal and loving agent me Excel on this mission I swear I wont let you down like last time that was just a small misunderstanding I have no idea how the panda got stuck to the carbomb really you can ask Hiyatt I was mopping her blood up the whole time because she died when the city protection agency arrived and I had to hide her corpse and the evidence until she revived but then I got spotted and -

Oro? Where did Il Palazzo go? Who are you people? Did I get dropped down the hole again? But theres no water and sharks... ~_~

Old man! You're old and Japanese, and you know martial arts; tell me your wisdom, where is Il Palazzo-sama?

##Vote: Mr. Miyagi

Death

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 05:17:42 AM »
##VOTE:QUEEN ELIZABETH

GREETINGS MORTALS, MANY OF YOUR LIVES ARE BRIEF INDEED, OTHERS HAVE MORE TIME, 1 HOWEVER I SHOULD HAVE COLLECTED A LONG TIME AGO, YOUR MAJESTY, YOUR LIFE WAS UP SEVERAL CENTURIES AGO.

Khan Noonian Singh

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 12:21:13 PM »
You hearin' me over there, Ziggy Stardust? Let's all just try to be cool while we figure out who, who precisely, is responsible for the current state of my pants.

You are in the position to demand nothing, sir. I, on the other hand, am in a position to grant nothing. What you see is all that remains of our company, marooned here mere hours ago by our dear headless watcher.

Only in destroying I find ease to my restless thoughts, and only in punishing the wicked here may my purgatory be ended. You say to find the masterminds behind our exile, yet I find progress to move at a snail's pace. Every minute wasted on not driving out these fiends is a minute my revenge on James T. Kirk goes fettered.

Ignorance is the parent of fear, and it would be truly dreadful if I were to find anyone blaming our inaction on their cowardice. Let us forge forward with knowledge, even though it can hardly challenge my own superior intellect.

##UNVOTE: Death

My vengeance will come at the right time, Death, mark my words.

##VOTE: Crow T Robot

T? Crow T Robot? I knew you must be holding your tongue for some fear, and surely it was to avoid my realisation of your connection to Kirk. How convenient this would be if this time had also been spent in commune with the planet eaters.

Well then, gentlemen, I have now well and truly gifted you discussion with which to draw even your inferior intelligences into action. Is this second vote overzealous or bloodthirsty? Hah, I hardly care what you may think, but at least it will serve to occupy you while I find the demons myself.

Crow T. Robot

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 12:39:20 PM »
##Vote: The Dude cause some of that goo must've splashed into his eyes. What's this about having no legs?

Edit for KHAAAAANNN!!!!!111

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 02:14:44 PM »
Current votecount:

Crow (2): The Dude, Khan
Death (0): Khan
Excel (1): Queen Elizabeth
Khan (1): Rod Serling
Mr. Miyagi (1): Excel
Queen Elizabeth (1): Death
Rod Serling (1): Yangus
The Dude (1): Crow. T. Robot
Yangus (1): Ash

There are approximately 34 hours remaining.

With eleven alive it takes six to lynch.

Mr. Miyagi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 02:25:18 PM »
Miyagi not approve of wild accusations. Calm mind in healthy body. Miyagi not participate with joke votes. Time for joke votes over, now time for action.

The Khan is deceptive. Claims he has gifted us with discussion, yet has given nothing.

Ned Flanders also not have placed vote when voting jokes traditional. Has not announced distaste or non-participation with jokevote phase, earns good look from Miyagi. Miyagi wisdom can see evil at glance.

However, more pressing the Khan. Has not gifted with discussion. Miyagi wants know why he thinking so.

##VOTE: Khan

Ned Flanders

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 02:33:39 PM »
The good lord teaches us that he without sin should cast the first stone. I may try to live a squeaky-clean life, but actually accusing someone of something is un-Christian, no two ways about it.

Now, the dooziest of our problems seems to be this Khan fella. On the one hand, he has a gosh-darned point about creating the first serious discussion, but on the other hand, I don't much care for the idea of someone trying to win us over by risking himself during an otherwise joke phase.

Crow T. Robot

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 02:37:13 PM »
Well then, gentlemen, I have now well and truly gifted you discussion with which to draw even your inferior intelligences into action. Is this second vote overzealous or bloodthirsty? Hah, I hardly care what you may think, but at least it will serve to occupy you while I find the demons myself.

No, Khan, you are the demons.

The Dude

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2008, 03:34:31 PM »
Okay, guys, this is turning into... this is... fucking, a witch hunt, so, uh, could we please all cool our jets? Let's all just lean back and chill the finger-pointing.

Man. Okay. I need a drink. And I guess we do need to figure this shit out.

First of all, Crow. Man. Robot guy... man. You don't have any legs, buddy. It's not like I want to blow this out of proportion, because maybe your lack of legs doesn't matter. Maybe you can still appreciate the fact that I liked these pants, I don't know. I can still appreciate your fucking... brass polish, or whatever. I mean, racially I like to think I'm pretty cool, and that could conceivably extend to robot... rights. I guess my point is that you're now shouting at me for making a perfectly factual fucking anatomical... mechanical... observation. I'm just going "the sky is blue" and you're shouting "cut his dick off." The Dude does not approve.

Ned, man, I'm sorry, brother. I have, seriously, the fullest respect for your beliefs and values and shit, but I am standing on the fucking moon -- by the way, how the fuck am I breathing? -- and some of you freaks are apparently trying to eat the planet, so I'm pretty sure you'll forgive me if curbing my fu... if curbing my language is somewhat difficult.

Okay, this is obviously all six million sorts of fucked up, but at the moment the biggest disturbance to my cool is actually this Miyagi wank. Khan may be a glam-rock asshole, but at least he's pretty straightforward about it. Miyagi's gettin' on Ned's case for not declaring some sort of distaste for humor despite having clearly demonstrated it. Don't actions speak louder than fucking words, or do we need to provide a fucking glossary for everything we do? Miyagi, man. I don't know.

Death

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2008, 10:55:48 PM »
##UNVOTE:QUEEN ELIZABETH
##VOTE: CROW T. ROBOT

KHAN HAS FORMED THE FIRST TRAIN IN WHAT THE MORTAL CLAIMS IS AN ATTEMPT TO BUILD DISCUSSION, THIS HAS BEEN USED NEGATIVELY IN THE PAST AND COULD POSSIBLY BE USED FOR IT AGAIN, MIYAGI'S WISDOM IS FLAWED, CLAIMS KHAN HAS NOT GIFTED US WITH DISCUSSION HOWEVER DISCUSSION HAS FORMED FROM HIS ACTION EVEN COMING FROM MIYAGI HIMSELF.

CROW T. ROBOT HOWEVER HAS CONTINUED WITH THE JOKING AND OFFERED NO INPUT INTO THE ACCUSATION AGAINST HIMSELF NOR THE ACCUSATIONS OF THOSE AROUND.

NED FLANDERS HAS ALSO NEGLECTED TO VOTE AS WE STEP INTO SERIOUS MODE, A VOTE SOON WOULD BE WELCOME LEST THEY BE TURNED AGAINST HIM.

Crow T. Robot

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2008, 11:44:20 PM »
CROW T. ROBOT HOWEVER HAS CONTINUED WITH THE JOKING AND OFFERED NO INPUT INTO THE ACCUSATION AGAINST HIMSELF NOR THE ACCUSATIONS OF THOSE AROUND.

What, for real? Which accusation would it be that I should be disputing rather than mocking? To deny my affiliation with Kirk? That... cannot be. Must... deny... AT ALL COSTS!

You fail, and that deserves a vote.

##Unvote: The Dude
##Vote: Death

I know you've got your cruise control for cool and all that, but neither your words nor actions make sense one bit. In fact, placing the third vote on me for such a superfluous reason means you're the most suspicious of the lot. It's also pretty troublesome this dude has a jokevote on me remaining if this really is the so-called serious stage. Not that Death would comment on that. But maybe discussion on the lack or existence of legs works for content. When this dude person does it, of course. Not for me. Because Death discriminates against ROBOTS. Clearly, Death cannot come for me, and wants to use others to do his dirty work. That's B-movie villain behavior right there, that and his cheap-looking cloak.

Khan Noonian Singh

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2008, 11:54:36 PM »
It smells like the left wing of the day of judgment. I offered this world order, a means to reach the end we desire, an end to the enveloping stasis of the erstwhile joke vote phase. Yet here we stand, a full half-rotation about the earth, many cowering from what must be done.

Despite implications of doubt at my superior deductions, the foul fiend Death has pushed the tin man one step closer to the brink - an action out of step with an otherwise positive (if cowardly) passive-aggressive stance. To treat him by his words would be to treat him as a fine man, but his actions remind us that even men of the cloth are prone to carrying concealed daggers.

"The Dude" does not concern me. Nor does Ned Flanders, though why he would suppose that I was putting myself at risk is beneath my comprehension. I imagine it may look thus to a lesser man, but to a man of superior intellect as myself it was clear that no such group could band together on such an action by itself.

I have nothing to say to Mr. Miyagi that has not already been said.

The Crow concerns me ever more, in particular for scouring my prose and out of good still to find means of evil. A good villain knows his timing, and even ignoring the tin man's first appeance being scant minutes (but not so scant that his edit should seem natural) after I cast him into peril as mere conspiracy of the fates, the groundwork laid for an OMGUS only following braver words from braver men is timing indeed.

Too many still stand quiet. How can Heaven's judgment be brought down upon the evil if the good would allow them the chance to hide?

Edit: Even as I speak the tin man returns. He surprises me by acting outside of the expected persona. I must now have time to recalculate my stance.