Author Topic: What Games are you playing 2015?  (Read 194775 times)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: What Games are you playing 2015?
« Reply #3200 on: September 16, 2015, 08:49:40 PM »
You guys are making me want to play that game.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3201 on: September 17, 2015, 12:30:24 AM »
FFRK: My phone now autocompletes that acronym whenever I type a capital F...
Anyway, cool mechanics infographic exists so I wanted to post it here because that is kind of what we like here IIRC. http://i.imgur.com/QuIQ0vP.png

Eschewing dungeon crawling in favor of farming Dark Bahamut. Roughly 20 runs (it's a fun fight), and he's dropped about 3 Summon Orbs, 5 Greater Summon Orbs, and a single Major Black Orb. Not a bad haul. If I could get ONE more MBO I could craft one of the cool five star spells and then Tellah could cast Meteor without dying. (Maybe)

The Duck

• Social Justice Duck
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: September 17, 2015, 12:37:09 AM »
Duck Game: Cid is getting better by the minute
We're getting into real Duck Game prostrats here.
Other people are terrible online so guys just come over
I just tried this out for the first time with randoms and got slaughtered. By the third intermission thing I had won like six matches but I didn't win any in the first two. It's fun but I don't know what the hell I am doing.

Yeah there are some really good Duck Game players online who play it like it's srs bsns and it's sometimes hard to appreciate things like the (spoilers) band when you're pitted against people who have already seen it a few times and go straight for the flamethrower. i specifically mention the band but it also applies to pretty much every level at least a little.
DL only matches would definitely help here.
Yeah, one of the dudes I played the first time called me retarded and autistic before I told them it was literally the first time touching the game, but that was a lovely introduction. It felt good when I started getting wins but half of those felt accidental. Like Cid, I don't know what half of the things are.

Yeah, my first random group included an exaggeratedly racist southerner who ended every win with a pronouncement of "bad cause mad." It's way fun when you get a friendly group, though!

When something I try to do works out as planned, this is basically a happy accident. There are so many ways to accidentally kill yourself in this game that I think a substantial proportion of my wins must be me standing safely far away somewhere else right after everyone else has mutually exploded themselves. Sometimes the only winning move is not to play.

Book is OP by the way. Always go for book if it's there.
I bumbled my way into the gatling gun twice and won, that was cool.

Also got called gay today for my skill at Duck Game before getting any wins, that was also super cool.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 12:40:52 AM by The Duck »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: September 17, 2015, 12:49:54 AM »
Final Fantasy Rocky Horror Autobattle Show - FINALLY farmed enough orbs for R3 Thundaja. Now, only R3 Firaja to go (Blizzaja won't go any higher than R1 until Waterja's R5 and Mental Breakdown is R3 at the absolute minimum).

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: September 17, 2015, 02:18:56 AM »
Duck Game - So uh I bought this. This looks like platformer Worms Armageddon, how come those things aren't announced far and wide to everybody in the world!?

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: September 17, 2015, 08:27:16 AM »
Fenrir is playing it.  What more do you want from us?  To literally buy your games for you?

(Thx fen again 4 duck game)
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: September 17, 2015, 03:01:04 PM »
Burning Man 2015 This Year's Art Theme is Autobattle - Got 50 mythril while playing between classes/packing/cleaning today. I got Partisan, my second 5* spear. This boosts the case to use Gilgamesh over WoL and makes me consider getting his level break 2 crystal instead of my current plan of Red XIII/Aerith/Lenna ASSUMING I get to choose 3 which is assuming a lot based solely on the fact that I was allowed to pick 3 character slots.

Also on the 1st anniversary event I picked out new characters I didn't think I'd have a chance to get in a while who I either wanted to use or liked their sprite art. Got Golbez, Beatrix (Villain-themed party gogogo), and Rikku (sprite seemed nicest out of the ones that weren't indicated as being available otherwise). I did this before my lunch break. Rikku came out as a quest-available character after my lunch break. Should have gotten Yuffie instead. Oh well I wasn't gonna use any of them anyway.

Plus side, Yuna's Level 2 crystal will be coming out and still available after Rave With AZNs At A Campsite 2015 so I'll at least have a MC2 White Mage available without the anniversary event. Nice sprite art, too.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: September 17, 2015, 03:31:16 PM »
Gilgamesh is the only non-Loserface PC that can use the brutal Retaliate + Draw Fire combo and sports an amazing equipment selection. You could do A LOT worse than him as a physical fighter in your party.

Final Fantasy The Thinner The Autobattle - Cleared all elite dungeons in this update, am about as ready as I can be for the FF14 event. So, I'll spend the rest of the day farming white power.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 03:33:41 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: September 17, 2015, 03:33:12 PM »
And most importantly, I like him. His sprite's kinda ugly but Gilgamesh is cool enough for that to not matter.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: September 17, 2015, 06:29:42 PM »
Duck Game - Yes.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3210 on: September 17, 2015, 07:48:58 PM »
Star Ocean 3 - Got Maria, cleared the Shrine of Kaddan. Ameena plot is not the best; I kinda like the way it affects Fayt but in its own right it is stupid and kinda melodramatic. I've enjoyed pretty much all of the rest of the writing, so far, so that's good. It's interesting to note that Roger and Adray, despite being PCs, are both completely irrelevant to the plot so far, hooray for transparent roster padding? Gameplaywise this game has really puny weak bosses so far (outside the optional one in Suferio Aquatic Gardens or whatever they're called) but Shrine of Kaddan was a significant step up in giving randoms teeth.

Fire Emblem 8 - Beaten! Nothing special to say about this run. Tana was MVP with her capped Str/Spd/almost luck, not really a huge surprise. Seth of course is the MVP for the first two thirds of the game or so. Ephraim was super-Str-screwed but still very useful, Eirika slightly Spd-screwed but still very useful, Vanessa when propped up by Lute was only slightly worse than Tana, Lute grew into invaluable offence after a rough start. I let a lot of people die but it wasn't strictly a no-reset playthrough, since I did reset if someone died really early or multiple people who died.

Playthrough data / kill counts which most people probably don't care about.
226 turns  (16 on Scorched Sand, 14 on Unbroken Heart and Distant Blade)

Tana 102
Vanessa 99
Lute 97
Eirika 84
Franz 82
Seth 67
Marisa 61
Gerik 56
Cormag 52
Ephraim 46
Colm 31 (died C12)
Artur 20
Saleh 19
Garcia 18
Kyle 17 (died C11)
Forde 16 (died C10)
Innes 13
Moulder 8
Ross 8 (died C7)
Duessel 5
Joshua 5 (died C6)
Amelia 3
Ewan 3
Rennac 3
Gilliam 1
Knoll 1
Myrrh 1 (died C19)
Syrene 0 (died C19)

Super Mario Bros.: Lost Levels - Finished! World 8 was certainly the hardest part of the game, even if 8-1 was relatively easy (easier than in SMB1) and 8-2 was short once you figure out the trick. 8-3 and 8-4 were both brutal, brutal levels, though. 8-3 has combinations of lakitus, springboards, and mobile hammer brothers, i.e. everything that is nasty about SMB1/LL in general. 8-4 just has some brutal platforming jumps not seen before in the game and a finnicky "maze" in which you have to not touch certain platforms. I had to FAQ what I was doing wrong in one of them. Well, I would have figured it out eventually, but the level was hard enough that I didn't want to do so myself. Ended up getting to Bowser with a fire flower after a lot of tries to get through the level, which obviously wrecked both him and his blue clone.

Anyway it was enjoyable enough (certainly better than SML2 as far as 2D Mario goes... possibly SML1 as well?), but also kinda frustrating at points, and as I said before, remains a good example of how not to make a sequel.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 08:58:07 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #3211 on: September 17, 2015, 07:50:28 PM »
Payday 2 - Reset my progress along with younger brother.  Try it out with all the new DLC.  Still a fucking great game when it is firing on all cylinders.  Still really shitty when they fuck with balance.  Oh you didn't know this map was balanced to be harder than original maps?  Well fucking deal with it, fight stuff that is about 3 difficulty levels overture comparatively.

Hit me up, my specialty is drilling vaults and also brains.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: September 17, 2015, 08:57:12 PM »
Star Ocean 3 - Got Maria, cleared the Shrine of Kaddan. Ameena plot is not the best; I kinda like the way it affects Fayt but in its own right it is stupid and kinda melodramatic.

Agreed. If nothing else it reminds Fayt, who has become wrapped up in this war, that holy shit Sofia still exists and wait I'm not from here what the hell am I doing? It's a good wakeup call for him. And it's silly and fluffy and melodramatic in a funny way.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:34:15 PM by Hunter Sopko »

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: September 17, 2015, 09:58:39 PM »
Payday 2 - Reset my progress along with younger brother.  Try it out with all the new DLC.  Still a fucking great game when it is firing on all cylinders.  Still really shitty when they fuck with balance.  Oh you didn't know this map was balanced to be harder than original maps?  Well fucking deal with it, fight stuff that is about 3 difficulty levels overture comparatively.

Hit me up, my specialty is drilling vaults and also brains.

If you see me on, pretty much feel free to jump in.  Server is normally set to Friends Only and is commonly just two of us.

Opened up to some pubs yesterday.  Got some great high infamy levels carry for a few maps.  Also had one guy join after we picked OK Ukrainian Job just go "do this other map" and be a douche when I said we didn't have money to Contract.  Only realised after he left that he wanted to carry nubs.  His big point of offence was my use of the word "thinger" to describe not having any indications on Infamy.

He was replaced by a guy called Shithead who was Infamy 25.  He was pretty fucking rad.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: September 17, 2015, 10:00:09 PM »
Duck Game - I had a couple games with Fenny and I can't possibly describe how good it feels to hit a duck with a mind control ray and send it plummetting to its death.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: September 17, 2015, 11:53:06 PM »
Ameena plot

I like Ameena plot if for no other reason than Fayt just goes in her house like a PC and she and her mom are like, "what the fuck are you doing in our house that's not normal" and it's a fascinating and uncomfortable scene.  It's the second time someone in the game has said something to that effect (first is Peppita in the very beginning) and it's really funny in a game where even before the big reveal characters occasionally act with self-awareness of their main character status (as when Fayt and Cliff offer to rescue Nel, just the two of them, through the front door, because of course they can do things like that because that's what PCs do.)

Fascinating game, totally need to replay it.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: September 18, 2015, 12:55:34 AM »
Duck Game - I had a couple games with Fenny and I can't possibly describe how good it feels to hit a duck with a mind control ray and send it plummetting to its death.

Yeah, great fun. There's a bit of a lag with you so there were a few BS deaths, presumably the internet takes a long while to get from France to Brazil and back.
It feels really weird to play Duck Game with a quack-free player, personnally I have no trouble multitasking when one of the tasks is quacking

The best joke in the game is reloading with the musket, this made me laugh so much the first time I saw it

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: September 18, 2015, 01:33:22 AM »

Yeah, great fun. There's a bit of a lag with you so there were a few BS deaths, presumably the internet takes a long while to get from France to Brazil and back.
It feels really weird to play Duck Game with a quack-free player, personnally I have no trouble multitasking when one of the tasks is quacking

The best joke in the game is reloading with the musket, this made me laugh so much the first time I saw it

I didn't feel -much- lag, but I'm used to laggy netplay in general due to living in the tropics. I may eventually learn to multitask quacking, but the controls still kick my ass a bit as of now. Maybe I should use my PS3 controller for this. Also, I think there wasn't a single match where I didn't laugh out loudly.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3218 on: September 18, 2015, 03:08:13 AM »
FFRK: FF14 event came with a new banner, so I did its 100-gem pull and got a 5* Character-unique SB Dagger.
Really game? I've done like 20 draws on this damn mage-weapon-heavy FF4 banner and got nothing... But a single pull on FF14 and I get a 5* unique (non-mage-weapon of course). I am near-convinced there's some kind of algorithm that is keeping me from getting a goddamn mage stick. 

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: September 18, 2015, 03:21:14 AM »
Thancred's unique dagger is -obscenely- good. Sword-level attack and a strong, post-power creep SB. Speaking of which...

Final Fantasy Agony And Autobattle - So, I was -really- tempted by Y'shtola's Staff. As in, spend real money level-tempted. So, I bought a Leviathan and an Ifrit gem-pack. Which led to two 3-4* 11-pulls in a row. At least, from the last two, I got a Lominsan Bow, a Keep of the Saints and an Evoker's Horn. None of those are Thyrus-level good and I do feel kinda pathetic for this, but getting a second universal rod and a hat with a decent shared SB works. Oh well.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3220 on: September 18, 2015, 05:09:31 AM »
Well it IS a nice dagger but it's basically tradition at this point to complain about not having a Mage weapon.
Also... FF14 event complete! That was... anticlimactic. Thanks for the Mythril?

At FF14 players:
So I now have Thancred and Yshtola. Who else should go in my party to get the full FF14 experience? I hear there's an FF3 dungeon in 14, so maybe characters from that? Or is there a cameo from other FF characters? I know Gilgamesh is in 14, but he's not available in RK yet.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 05:14:01 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: September 18, 2015, 05:22:56 AM »
The event will also run for nearly two weeks, which is atypical. It's enough time to get at least another three-pull from it, which I'd recommend given its amazing equipment draw. Even if you don't get Y'shtola's staff, there are three more mage equips for stuff you're interested in. I'd be a lot saltier about the money spent if it wasn't cash I have on surplus and the generic rod and hat weren't good stuff in a vaccuum even with non-existant synergy for the next six months. The bow is inexcusably bad, though.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: September 18, 2015, 09:49:05 AM »
I am too fucking over things to make fun of you.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: September 18, 2015, 10:12:12 AM »

I didn't feel -much- lag, but I'm used to laggy netplay in general due to living in the tropics. I may eventually learn to multitask quacking, but the controls still kick my ass a bit as of now. Maybe I should use my PS3 controller for this. Also, I think there wasn't a single match where I didn't laugh out loudly.

I still occasionally throw away weapons that I am trying to shoot. Jesus Cid there's only three buttons of actual gameplay consequence here.

Well it IS a nice dagger but it's basically tradition at this point to complain about not having a Mage weapon.
Also... FF14 event complete! That was... anticlimactic. Thanks for the Mythril?

At FF14 players:
So I now have Thancred and Yshtola. Who else should go in my party to get the full FF14 experience? I hear there's an FF3 dungeon in 14, so maybe characters from that? Or is there a cameo from other FF characters? I know Gilgamesh is in 14, but he's not available in RK yet.

Ultros is also in FF14 if that's an option (no idea if he's in RK though). I don't really know anything about FF3 itself, but there's definitely a large chain of dungeons and (I would presume by extension) FF3 bosses slotted right into FF14. The game is generally very reference-happy. There's also a random dude that tells you to blame yourself or the gods if that helps you decide on anything. Otherwise I guess you should just go with a chocobo because ffffffffff to going everywhere on foot in FF14.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: September 18, 2015, 02:54:32 PM »
Tried a 3 pull in the ff14 event.

No 5 stars.

Ffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuu
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion