Author Topic: What Games are you playing 2015?  (Read 194746 times)

Magetastica

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: What Games are you playing 2015?
« Reply #3000 on: September 08, 2015, 12:29:13 AM »
Oh, 5* equipment. It must be nice. SO NICE. One day I, too, will partake.

What do the orange elixirs do? You'd THINK they restore ability points to your dudes, but I've had several battles where I've gotten them and then, NOPE. Abilities are still depleted.

Took me about 80 Mithril to get my first 5*.

Also, the orange elixers restore 25% of 1 Ability's uses, rounded up. However, it is random whether it'll be Ability 1 or Ability 2. So if you used all 8 charges of Ability 1 but still have all 4 of Ability 2, and it decides to restore Ability 2, then you're SOL.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: September 08, 2015, 02:40:28 AM »
OAK STAFF GET

Welcome back to the party Vivi.  Now I don't think I have to spend mythril on Man in Black event at all.  Can save for upcoming Galuf event.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: September 08, 2015, 03:50:43 AM »
Kimahri just made his first useful contribution to the team today: casting a Watera weak enough to not OHKO Ifrit so I can get all the medals.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3003 on: September 08, 2015, 03:56:49 AM »
FFRK: Soul breakfast! Holy crap, did four single draws, got two five star weapons! Balthier's Gun and a shared soul break Lance. So apparently the game wants me to use Balthier! It also means I am finally ready for the Dragoon Meta! (That's a thing right?)

Still no fucking Mage weapon...

*sees CapK's post*

Why?!!!

Sigh I can't even be angry. Two five stars in four pulls is awesome!

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: September 08, 2015, 07:56:48 AM »
If you want mage weapons so bad you don't care about other 5*, you should only pull on banners which offer two+ mage weapons instead of one, otherwise you're really setting yourself up for disappointment

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3005 on: September 08, 2015, 08:17:56 AM »
It DOES offer two Mage weapons, doesn't it? Or is Diamond Pin not a Magic focused weapon?

Edit: Also I was totally excited for the Gun or another weapon to make Tidus awesomer. I am happy, just mildly irritated to see someone else get the Mage weapon I've been needing...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 08:20:29 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: September 08, 2015, 08:40:34 AM »
Nah the diamond pin isn't. The other pin is, but Nanaki's magic is pretty weaksauce anyway.

Golbez event should have two mage weapons. Edit: three actually
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 08:45:37 AM by Fenrir »

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: September 08, 2015, 08:41:21 AM »
It DOES offer two Mage weapons, doesn't it? Or is Diamond Pin not a Magic focused weapon?

Edit: Why does other motherfuckers' grass always gotta be greener?!

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: September 08, 2015, 01:29:05 PM »
Black Power day was productive. Got R3 Firaga, R3 Comet, R2 Blizzara/Thundaga, Doubled up R2 Magic Break/Power Break, and Mental Break. I now have babby's first skillset.

I am one (Greater? Major? Second from the top. What order are they in?) Earth Orb away from Shellga and that's the last thing I think I'll try to get before grinding out the boss battles up to Terra's second level crystal. The Accessory of Light event has it available as a mastery reward for the first EX battle, but I'm not sure if I can manage that, especially since one of the reqs for it is keeping WoL alive and that motherfucker's still level 17. The other special condition is hitting him with Holy (I only have base-level Dia), and so that's gonna eat up a WM slot that could be going toward Faith. Eugh.  Gonna attempt that before going to bed, most likely, then plan from there.

EDIT: Fenrir, is there a particular reason you chose Waterja as your main -ja spell? Does it hit the most weaknesses or something? Is it stronger than Thundaja/Firaja/Blizzaja?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 03:12:49 PM by Makkotah »

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: September 08, 2015, 01:53:22 PM »
If it's undead, then I believe hitting it with Curaga or something will count as attacking with a Holy-elemental move as well.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: September 08, 2015, 01:55:39 PM »
Disgaea 5 demo up on the psn store.

Games fun. Shocker.

Next month is gonna be fun.
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: September 08, 2015, 03:56:37 PM »
The Old Autobattle and the Sea  - Beat the Lich. Wooooooooooow. Black Power grinding paid off immediately. That wasn't even as tense as the battle immediately before it that I attempted yesterday. And thanks MF, Curaga does count as Holy Elemental for the requirements. Lost one medal (and thus the mastery) on number of turns to beat him, I think I can clean that up by not having skills he resists equipped on Kefka and get the mastery no problem.

Terra's second level crystal is well within the realm of possibility now, I think. You don't even need mastery for it, just a clear.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: September 08, 2015, 04:16:55 PM »
About Waterja: it's the easiest to hone. To give you an idea: to hone it from R1 to R4, you need 60 Greater Blacks, 36 Greater Fires and 36 Greater Ices. For Firaja, you need 60 Greater Blacks and 90 Greater Fires. And it's a lot easier to get scattered orbs of multiple types than a bulk of a single type due to events and the ilk. Waterja also rarely hits resistance on relevant content. Also rarely hits weakness, but -jas hitting weakness is mass overkill anyway, you use -gas for that.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 04:22:10 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: September 08, 2015, 04:37:56 PM »
Decided to blow 50 mythril on the soul break banner again, since 3 out of the four main weapons would benefit me.  Got 2 4-stars and a duplicate Ras Algethi.  Life is good.

Oh and one of those 4-stars was the Black Robe that Balthier normally wears anyway.  So I am in Combining Heaven right now.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 04:39:41 PM by The Daleks »

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: September 08, 2015, 04:45:40 PM »
Duplicaaaaaaaaate!!!!!!

Man, they need a friend trading system already!

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3015 on: September 08, 2015, 04:47:44 PM »
Yeah see Snow.
When it came out -jas did like 8000 damage on everything so the 2000 damage boost from hitting weakness was far less relevent than making sure to be resisted/nulled/absorbed by as few enemies as possible (since we don't have the resources to make a bunch of -ja spells)

Now bosses have a bit more defense so this argument is less relevent. Or it would be if faith didn't become a thing.
So yeah waterja is still awesome.

Diaga is even better though. Diaga is SICK. Get this asap and don't be afraid to run two white mages.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: September 08, 2015, 05:02:11 PM »
OK, good to know. Yeah, I'm starting to see that at least as far as what skills I want to be able to use in battle, two white mages is going to be way more important than two BMs. Shellga, status, Faith, Healing... need it all. Terra makes a competent Red Wizard for now at least.

I'm assuming Diaga is the 4* version of the spell? The Japanese system for White Magic is perplexingly different than Black Magic (IE, Cure series is: Kearu 1*, Kearura 2*, KearuDA 3*, Kearuga 4*), so there's Dia 2*, Adia 3*, and Dadia 4*. And lucky for me, I am 2 4* Wind Orbs away from getting that. Pretty sure I saw those as a reward somewhere around there. EDIT: Oh, Wednesday is Windnesday. Yippie.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 05:03:44 PM by Makkotah »

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: September 08, 2015, 05:50:59 PM »
Yeah I mean the 4* white mage holy elemental damage spell.

It does about as much damage as a -ja spell but has two more charges for some reason?
So you can hone it to R2 for a fairly low amount of orbs, and already have 6 charges of absolutely sick damage on a class far more versatile than black mage.

I got some holy damage boosting rod (Lenna's) and a single Diaga does more damage than any of my other skills, excluding Valefor (But including Rinoa's Valkyrie SB)
Who knew the full staff that gives full revive would turn out to be my best 5*?

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: September 08, 2015, 05:53:18 PM »
Crap I am trying to save all my mithril for the FF14 banner but it's very difficult to resist this one

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: September 08, 2015, 08:15:35 PM »
My friend did a 15 pull today and got a 2nd mystic veil.

Jelly.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: September 08, 2015, 11:19:46 PM »
F2P overlords here is an update on my butthole, it says  ;-)

King of Dragon Pass - This came out on steam and I found out that there was an iOS port a year ago.  Apparently it can be fully voice controlled?  So I bought iOS version.  Option Paralysis engages immediately.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: September 09, 2015, 12:13:18 AM »
Type 0: Oh god they're using the word verboten unironically. As in, verboten Eidolon
It's really weird how voice actors are trying to show emotion while character models are clearly dolls and not humans
I know why the game's atmopshere is special now despite the game being so anime. It's the music. Super dramatic background chant all the time.

Edit: Oh god Ace just said: "What does he have up his sleeve??" I am dying.
Basically everybody in the class has an one dimensional personality trait. Trey is the awkward bookworm, Cinque is the ditzy idiot, Jack is Chandler from Friends, etc.
Ace is just "Mr Cards"

RK: Finished all current dungeons . Maybe I'll stop talking about this. J/K
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:37:43 AM by Fenrir »

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: September 09, 2015, 02:17:29 AM »
I think you mean Ace is Yugi-Oh.

The game is great isn't even because of the music (I mute it and listen to Babymetal while I play).  You are eventually going to fight your way through an ice dungeon.  This ice dungeon is actually frozen clouds that your airships crash into.  They are frozen by a giant white dragon l'cie from the Dragon Country Place (who is busy fighting Lord Xaioyu who is totes-not-a-Phoenix-for-some-reason Vermillion Bird Crystal l'cie).

Props to FFTypo for not making me want to punch people every time they use the word L'Cie, eventually they do call things Fal'cie or whatever and I start to have my eyes glaze over from the critical mass of made up words you need to understand the minutiae of difference of to follow the plot that FF13 does.  But for a while it is generic enough filler term just like Aeon or Eidolon that you don't care and can just parse "Fantasty Cruft Noun".
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

The Duck

• Social Justice Duck
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: September 09, 2015, 04:44:01 AM »
F2P overlords here is an update on my butthole, it says  ;-)

King of Dragon Pass - This came out on steam and I found out that there was an iOS port a year ago.  Apparently it can be fully voice controlled?  So I bought iOS version.  Option Paralysis engages immediately.
This game is randomly getting a lot of play lately and it's up for a Watch Out For Fireballs episode soon I think so I'm on board.

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: September 09, 2015, 05:04:10 AM »
King of Dragon Pass is amazing, and gives you options for just about any set of circumstances you find yourself in, even if it's not "ideal" or "correct".

Got a good enough viking lawyer? SUE THE SHIT out of that ghost for illegally haunting you. WIN THE CASE.