Author Topic: What Games are you playing 2015?  (Read 194663 times)

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
Re: What Games are you playing 2015?
« Reply #2925 on: September 04, 2015, 05:47:33 AM »
My friend did a 3 item pull and got Leon's armor, the ff9 black robe and the 4 star cowboy hat.

I cursed and congratulated his good luck.

Frankly I'm scared to draw. My luck I get quistis' gawd dsmn whip...

Giving me two relic whips.

No.

No game. Not today.
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: September 04, 2015, 09:08:13 AM »
Another 11 pull because I am getting showered in mythril for some reason. Some JP campaign gave me like 15 over the last two days.

White Robe and Black Clothes 4* armor, neat. That's my second White Robe.

3 more 5*s. 2 Crystal Mails and a Assassin's Dagger. I guess the mail is cool, especially since I can potentially make that 6*? Was hoping for a weapon that was not a dagger, but oh well. They just added a sword for Celes which has an SB that restores your charges, so that'd be cool.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 11:22:53 AM by Makkotah »

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: September 04, 2015, 09:35:33 AM »
Another 11 pull because I am getting showered in my ... White Mails and a ... Dagger.

ED.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2928 on: September 04, 2015, 11:39:47 AM »
FFRK: Add me to the list of people having fits over the Disciplinary jerks. Even using the Sheepskin cheese and blowing a mythril for the offensive boost, I -still- lost 4 medals and missed the fucking mastery. God that was like 4 hours of planning and preparation time, not including the half-hour spent on the battle, all to get the consolation prize...

I even have an R4 Quake, what the fuck. Dammit game, give me a fucking mage weapon... I had near-full health when I finally beat them, but apparently I just took too fucking long (Also I ran out of charges and had to staff-whack Seifer's last 8th of a health bar...) Guess I can hone Biora some more before the event ends, but dammit I have other things to be throwing my stamina at, game! I want those fucking Major NE Orbs though... >.>;;

Guess the mage meta is here and the RNG just isn't gonna cooperate for me. *Grumble* I'd even take a whip at this point.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: September 04, 2015, 12:38:34 PM »
Calling it now: Next 11 pull, I get 2 more mage weapons. That would make me equally as happy as getting something I actually need/want.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: September 04, 2015, 01:11:39 PM »
Update! Did a 15 mithril pull and I finally got my second character specific weapon! Yuna's lullaby rod and then I got a 2nd viking coat which when combined will make my 1st 6 Star item.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2931 on: September 04, 2015, 01:51:35 PM »
Calling it now: Next 11 pull, I get 2 more mage weapons. That would make me equally as happy as getting something I actually need/want.
Update! Did a 15 mithril pull and I finally got my second character specific weapon! Yuna's lullaby rod and then I got a 2nd viking coat which when combined will make my 1st 6 Star item.

I hate you both so much right now...

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: September 04, 2015, 03:08:42 PM »
3 more 5*s. 2 Crystal Mails and a Assassin's Dagger. I guess the mail is cool, especially since I can potentially make that 6*? Was hoping for a weapon that was not a dagger, but oh well. They just added a sword for Celes which has an SB that restores your charges, so that'd be cool.

Daggers are so fucking good, I'm not even kidding. A weapon type that everybody can use is -hugely- valuable when you need to shuffle teams around, and a bunch of them aren't even -that- low in the attack scale. Since there's so much roster swapping and many PCs specialize in esoteric weapon types, just having something that won't disappoint you when you equip on whoever goes a long way. Keepsake Knife and Danjuro were huge quality of life improvements in my general equipment draw, moreso than a lot of character-specific SB weapons could be.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: September 04, 2015, 04:25:28 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3jhrrt/japan_orb_conversion_ability_dismantling_update/

This looks super helpful.

Yunas  Mt heal does around 1600 recovery. Kind of a letdown, but the regen effect is nice.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: September 04, 2015, 04:35:01 PM »
The real perk is the high regen, yeah. I was honestly sorta disappointed by the Mag on it, Garnet's Storm Staff and I think even the Magistral Rod do better, and I want a mage weapon with higher Mag. Oh well.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: September 04, 2015, 05:34:12 PM »
Come for the Final Fantasy fanservice, stay to watch Djinn's misery.
Gate I just added you this morning.

Somehow I got less $$$ from having a Sleeping Gas Irvine yesterday (THE RW everybody wanted) than I usually do every day with a Full Revive Lenna. Whatever.

Allright in this event. I'm going to spend my tablets like this : 4/0/2/0/4.
My reasoning is: XP Eggs = Fuck yes. $$$ = Yes. Upgrade materials = Fuck no.

Incidentally I spent all these eggs I just got on cores (Dragoon, Ninja, Knight, Gladiator, and Kimahri) and now literally all the cores in the game are at least level 50. (Bard is 52) The best decision. Waiting for CoreMeta.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 07:01:59 PM by Fenrir »

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2936 on: September 04, 2015, 06:06:10 PM »
FFRK: Misery train stops here. Well, brief stop. I finally mastered the Disciplinary squad's fight with YOLO mage strats despite not having a single 5* stick to my name. Mage Meta so good even Djinn can do it! (with help from Fenrir's RW, thanks.)

YOLO Mage strats being: egg all Mages up to 60+, no healing, no mitigation, ALL offense + Selphie with Faith, Stop/Load until MT Sleep hits everything twice. Then somehow dodge Raijin's physicals 4 out of 5 times for the last few Bioras.

Notably, Fenrir, Sleep lasts longer if you attach it to a high-MND character like Selphie instead of Irvine. That -could- be why no one besides us summoned you...

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: September 04, 2015, 09:37:32 PM »
Final Fantasy It's The End Of Autobattle As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) - Farming Dark Orbs, mostly. A run to the upmat dungeon got me to max the Viking Coat, which was all I needed. Also, my planned distribution on tablets: 3 on day 1, 3 on day 3 and all the rest on day 5. Upmats just aren't worth tossing Tablets at. For what I did with my haul, I mostly cap-broke a bunch of random people: Luneth, Snow, Cyan, Sabin, Rydia, Loserface. Should cap Irvine, Pecil and Kimihari on the last phase. Maybe Arc and one of the FF2 losers like Gordon. Oh yeah: I also spent a few Mythril to get my inventory to 200 slots.

EDIT: I like how Fenrir bunched Kimahri with the cores.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 09:58:46 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: September 05, 2015, 01:26:08 AM »

Daggers are so fucking good, I'm not even kidding. A weapon type that everybody can use is -hugely- valuable when you need to shuffle teams around, and a bunch of them aren't even -that- low in the attack scale. Since there's so much roster swapping and many PCs specialize in esoteric weapon types, just having something that won't disappoint you when you equip on whoever goes a long way. Keepsake Knife and Danjuro were huge quality of life improvements in my general equipment draw, moreso than a lot of character-specific SB weapons could be.

That's a good point, actually. Plus, Rydia is starting to become a fucking liability so maybe it's time to swap her out, and this dagger means I can do that to anyone. EDIT: Though, I am probably going to swap her out for Eiko, since I really need a dedicated white mage and I have literally no other white mages. I think Mog is technically classified as one? He does have pretty high Mind. I may put Edgar back in because of the level breaking even if I'm still using Mog.

On the other hand, it isn't *cool* though. I want things to be *cool*, because hopefully after the FF6 event ends I get bored and quit and take back my life again.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 01:37:03 AM by Makkotah »

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: September 05, 2015, 03:39:38 AM »
Also, for Snow and Fenny, what are your freind codes? I missed them earlier in the topic. Mine is eRuA if an Edgar bioblaster is useful to you at all.

Mine is Q1ne. I've been following you for a while! Bioblaster is a cool SB, one of my favorites for farming.

Aaaaaaah. I think I didn't follow back because I had 3 other Lunatic High people that I followed and didn't realize Hello-C was you. <_< Fixed that now~
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2940 on: September 05, 2015, 04:00:21 AM »
FFRK:  Mastered Rinoa boss rush on first try, no mythril.  Made an attempt at beating the three stooges with Sentinel Grimoire, did not end well.  Went back and swapped out Sephiroth with Squall so I had a Blitz Sword user.  A world where Sephiroth is not good enough for your party is one I don't want to live in.  Second try used Red 13.  Had good luck with Sleep and Sleep Buster for once and managed to win.  Lost two stars on actions and two on damage.  Don't see myself mastering it without massive amounts of honing (was out of almost everything while fighting Raijin), so I'm probably done here.

I get fucking Sheepskin coat every time I do dungeons other than the one I need it in.

Also used eggs from event to level 50 WoL, Luneth, Paladin Cecil, and Cyan so I have all quests done now except for crafting the 5-star abilities.  Which require MNEOs.  Sigh.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: September 05, 2015, 05:08:28 AM »
RK - Fff I keep forgetting to check quests before clearing dungeons and so now to get Yuna or Auron I need to spend timebux and not get mythril in return. I kinda wanted to make Yuna my WM but I guess now I'll get them later.

They also added battles onto the FF6 event. One of them unlocks Terra's second level crystal. It's a 110 difficulty rated event. Even if I spend all day level farming tomorrow I don't see myself clearing it by when the event ends. :(

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: September 05, 2015, 01:40:43 PM »
Notably, Fenrir, Sleep lasts longer if you attach it to a high-MND character like Selphie instead of Irvine. That -could- be why no one besides us summoned you...
God damn it this is Irvine's coat, I do not accept this

EDIT: I like how Fenrir bunched Kimahri with the cores.
I was certain you'd notice

I think I'm going to ignore the soul breakfast entirely. I'm pretty much set right now (I'd like a 5* mage robe I guess? Maybe a third 5* mage weapon?) On these banners there is certainly good stuff available but not much cool stuff.
I kinda want Firion's axe but, just like last time, I really really don't want to risk pulling Tidus' sword instead. I would end up using it as upgrade material for a 1* knife.
A 5* harp would be cool too, but Japan got one for free at one point, so I'm not going to spend precious mithril on this.

I don't understand people who aim for the Sentinel Grimoire. It has the best skill in the game but are you really going to often bring Loser into battle? He works as a crappy white mage I guess? But you can't give him Diaga and expect results.
SG's just much better as a summon RW only.

Right now I have almost finished every elite dungeon (I'm keeping a few to get a free timebux refresh on sunday) , have only 2 materias left to get (Luneth's and Cosplayer's) , and only 6 characters under level 50 (I kinda went berserk with the egg use, again) Pretty close to having not much left to do but waiting for new events.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 01:45:09 PM by Fenrir »

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: September 05, 2015, 01:56:34 PM »
FFRK - So before the daily reset, I decided to pop the Daily Relic, thinking I could get something I'd sell for a bit of extra Gil or use an upgrading material.

I got a second 4* Mesmerize Blade, which I can eventually combine into a 5* dagger.

something I'd sell for a bit of extra Gil or use an upgrading material

THIS IS NEITHER OF THOSE THINGS.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: September 05, 2015, 02:42:42 PM »

I don't understand people who aim for the Sentinel Grimoire. It has the best skill in the game but are you really going to often bring Loser into battle? He works as a crappy white mage I guess? But you can't give him Diaga and expect results.
SG's just much better as a summon RW only.

Apparantly people in Japan think that owning either SG or Y'shtola's clone of it is the single most valuable relic that you can have for the recent 140 difficulty fights, and ideally you have Vega or Diamond Pin or Ingus's Shield with Protectga/Hastega or one of the good healing SBs as well. Someone on gamefaqs had to S/L 61 times to master Misfortune Vossler because he didn't have any of the above, so trying to pull one of these is actually quite significant long term for completionists.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: September 05, 2015, 03:06:33 PM »
For big boss fights like this, I expected SG to be way better as a RW summon than as an actual used item, because otherwise you'd have to spent the first 10 turns or so without it on?

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: September 05, 2015, 03:30:31 PM »
Cloud and Loserface get RM3s that start you off with one bar of SB gauge every battle. Needless to say they are huge gamechangers.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: September 05, 2015, 03:59:08 PM »
God damn that is pretty sick
FAST AMMO at the beginning of every battle

I'll throw all my mithril at FF14 I guess

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: September 05, 2015, 08:18:00 PM »
Oh hey I play videogames.  Lessee what I've been doing for the past few months...

Curtain Call!
I decided to get an S on every song for some reason.  Wasn't too hard.  Now I am pecking away at getting a SS on every song.  This will probably never happen but hey, whatev.  Only 103 to go!

Diablo 3!
The new patch just hit and now I can fill up bars even faster.  New patch gives monk new options for exploding palm builds, which will now and forever be The Most Fun.

IA/VT Colorful!
Is a vita rhythm game.  Didn't come out over here so I imported it.  It's...ok.  Nice enough music and gameplay, but there are better games out there.  Maybe it will grow on me, but I haven't played a lot of it because when I fired up the vita I instead started playing...

Ys 7!
The most classic RPG to ever RPG an RPG.  Lame plot, but it makes up for it by being totally self-aware, and by having snappy gameplay.  Adol's dodge roll is the funniest thing.  It goes like 12 feet, and looks vaguely like a high-speed horizontal levitating somersault.  Boss fights are all designed around it, and have been pretty fun.  So far, so good.  Gameplay is decidedly inferior to Oath and Origin though.  Even so, a lot of fun.

Guild of Dungeoneering!
Indie steam game where you use cards to create a dungeon for your explorer to complete objectives in.  A neat idea but the gameplay is a little shallow for it, so it gets old fast.  The thing that really kept me going was that the game is musically narrated by a sarcastic old git who considers your failures humorous and your successes to be an unmistakable sign that society is going to shit.

Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom!
Latest touhou game, and a pretty great one.  Better music, stages, and boss attacks than we've seen in a while (outside last year's exemplary Impossible Spellcard)

Other rhythm games!
been playing some iphone rhythm games.  Actually quite a few.  Maybe I'll post about them later.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 08:19:52 PM by NotMiki »
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: September 05, 2015, 08:32:08 PM »
Wrong topic Notmiki, you haven't talked about Record Keeper

Abyss Odyssey: Replayed and beat with the naked spear lady. Got the same ending.
Why on earth do you keep gold when you die? This game makes no fucking sense.

FF Type 0: Abyss Odyssey is nothing compared to Type 0, the king of meaningless 236 game mechanics crammed together in the most JRPGish package. The cutscenes are completely inane. I am back to it and enjoying it a lot. Just beat Chapter 2.
Nine is completely hilarious, YO, and I wish he was the main character.
Machina confirmed real main character because he has 6 archive entries while Ace only has 5