Register

Author Topic: What Games are you playing 2015?  (Read 194699 times)

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
Re: What Games are you playing 2015?
« Reply #2600 on: August 18, 2015, 11:55:52 PM »
Hey, is that extra rare draw worth always saving up for the 11 pull, or should a person at like, level 12 be trying to pull everything to trivialize the early game (well, I mean, more trivialize it. I only wiped when I got cocky and attempted a challenge about 5 levels ahead of me. That did not work out so well.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: August 19, 2015, 12:06:46 AM »
I'd save for the 11-pull, since it's not hard to get the Mythril and, at your point, even 3* equipment will be at least close to game-changing if gotten in bulk. Do pay attention to the banners, though. Lightning's banner is great for overall use, while Aerith's is very mage/armor-centric. I'd suggest pulling from Lightning, but if you don't think you'll be able to amass 50 Mythril until Thursday, do a 3-pull from it. who knows, you might get lucky and you'll almost certainly get something decent for your current power level.

EDIT: Final Fantasy Drowned In A Sea Of Autobattle - Achievements unlocked: R4 Biora, R5 Diara. Also R2'd Berserk because sure why not. I now also have more Power Orbs than I care to count, but those may serve me well by the time Zack's event comes out, which should be five weeks from now. I need to find some time to grind a Wednesday orb daily before then, though. I could also R2 Valefor, but I do -not- want to spend my Greater Non-Elemental Orbs lightly. I need them for further breakdown honing and all.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 12:20:41 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2602 on: August 19, 2015, 12:20:27 AM »
In terms of cost-efficiency, clearly saving up for the 11-pull is always the right answer. But if you're not min-maxing and just want to have fun - I'd say just pull whenever you get 5 mythril and there's a banner with stuff you wouldn't mind having. Your chances are still basically the same. It's also a lot less psychologically disheartening if you don't get any 5-stars from single-pulls than an 11-pull too.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: August 19, 2015, 02:19:48 AM »
I did two 11-pulls at the beginning of the game, but that was it.  Was too annoying to save up and watch things pass by.  You're so limited on stamina early on that mythril doesn't exactly flow freely.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: August 19, 2015, 02:34:52 AM »
Honestly, 3 pulls sometimes give you more bang for your buck if you luck out, but I tend to do those when my interest on a banner is more niche and/or I don't think it's worth waiting. I got stuff like Vivi's Oak Staff, a Monk Robe, my 6* Heat Lance and the Danjuro out of it, so it's all good. The only thing I don't really recommend is doing single pulls. I'd rather spend the five Mythril on upgrading inventory space.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: August 19, 2015, 07:58:13 AM »
3 pulls seems kind of useless since it's only 3 single pulls with no incentive? It's a bit faster I guess. There is a cult of three pulls says the 3 pull has a higher chance of pulling 5* items, but can we believe them? There's also an urban legend that says it's called 3 pull because you only draw terrible 3* items.
Your call.

I'm on the atheist side on this one.
I did a few single pulls (Like 10 or so) at the beginning to get up to speed ASAP. Then it's been 11 pulls only.

In terms of cost-efficiency, clearly saving up for the 11-pull is always the right answer. But if you're not min-maxing and just want to have fun - I'd say just pull whenever you get 5 mythril and there's a banner with stuff you wouldn't mind having. Your chances are still basically the same. It's also a lot less psychologically disheartening if you don't get any 5-stars from single-pulls than an 11-pull too.

You've had your heart broken so many times that you don't believe in love/11 pulls anymore. But it is great. Imagine pulling three 5* at once

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2606 on: August 19, 2015, 09:35:30 AM »
Nah, I just like getting stuff more often.

Also it means I don't have to upgrade my inventory so much because I'm culling the useless shit as I get better 4*s to replace 3*s and such.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: August 19, 2015, 11:09:01 AM »
I would say the only time an 11 draw isn't optimal is if there is a good banner running out before you will get 50 Mithril.  You should only pull when there is a banner up (is there ever not now?).

I think thee might be an argument for doing smaller pulls really early to get a few 3-4* items or until,you get a 5* carry.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: August 19, 2015, 01:26:01 PM »
There are always banners up, the matter is more precisely -what- each banner carries. Pulling from Lightning's banner >>>>> pulling, say, from Edgar/Sabin's banner, due to a much better featured equip draw. Also, strictly mathematical, but if you decide to spend a specific amount of mythril, just want a *5 (any *5) and will stop as soon as you get one, it's more efficient to pull individual draws, since you have more control over your resources.

Final Fantasy Autobattled And Abandoned - Slaving away at Aerith reissue's Elite fights, already grabbed her Memory Crystal. Jenova BIRTH suddenly isn't so scary when she has less than half the HP and damage she had in the JENOVA Project event.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: August 19, 2015, 03:36:28 PM »
I've played rk since it came out.

1 character specific weapon...

Rng hates me so much.

Don't think I can beat the ++ boss in 13. I don't have enough 13 gear to get me over the hump. I'll try with my capped guys though...
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2610 on: August 19, 2015, 03:53:41 PM »
Brynhildr is fundamentally about staying on top on its first turn, then putting up your typical setup. Tauntaliate is a very valid strategy if you follow Paladin Cecils with Sentinel (see my post on the matter), otherwise, just the typical mitigation+offense strategy does the job - i.e. Sentinel Grimoire RW, Shellga, Protectga and Breakdowns. You -will- need both Power and Magic Breakdown there, preferrably at R2, but Rydia spamming Blizzaga with your Ice Whip and Cloud spamming Blizzara Strikes (especially under Boost) should be enough on offense to get you by. It's a nasty fight, but it should be doable at your power levels.

Final Fantasy Une Année Sans Autobattle - Still slaving away. Next dungeon brings Faith, which I've been wanting for a while. Kinda ridiculous that it's a 3* ability when its physical Support equivalent (Boost) is a 1*, though.

EDIT: And, since I got a bit inquisitive after Scar, I decided to do a runthrough over my current equipment stack.

6*s (Natural 5*s or otherwise)

Diamond Pin (Red XIII weapon, FF7)
Official Ball (Wakka weapon, FF10)
Heat Lance (FF10)
Ten-Gallon Hat (FF8, originally 4*)
Zantetsuken (FF6)

5*s (Natural or otherwise)

Judgment Staff (FF5)
Genji Armor (FF5)
Genji Helm (FF5)
Golden Spear (FF6)
Hawkeye (FF6)
Oak Staff (Vivi weapon, FF9)
Monk Robe (FF10)
Royal Crown (FF6, originally 4*)
Emerald Shield (FF10)
Keepsake Knife (FF13)
Danjuro (FF12)

Those are the main fixtures on my builds. I use a few scattered 4* robes and Light Armors (Red Jacket is quite good for a 4*, for example) when I don't have the right equipment draw for a given party composition as well, along with a couple 4* realm-specific synergy weapons like Masamune Blade for FF7 and Warrior Sword for FF10 (in fact, I have a lot of FF10 high-end materials). I suppose I could use better armor in general, but doesn't feel too bad.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 04:06:23 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: August 19, 2015, 04:46:13 PM »
That's a nice list.

And while I may have more 5 star gear than you,much of it started out as 3 star stuff.

Let's see...

Bah. This would take too long on the phone. I'll post my stash when I get home.

"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: August 19, 2015, 05:03:53 PM »
Yeah, the only originally 3* stuff I have are the PSICOM Pistol from Lightning's event, the Flail from Selphie/Quistis' event and a Golem Staff, all of which were upgraded to 4*. I'll be honest, I don't expect to ever use the mage weapons (for mage equips, frankly, my FF3 Light Rod and FF4 Empyrean Rod cover me fine for emergency backup, though I still want a second 5* rod/whip), but at least the Flail and Pistol will appear again on further FF8 and 13 events, and might be useful under maxed synergy.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: August 19, 2015, 05:40:11 PM »
Oh I'm the only one who keeps 3* around?

I have a bunch of 3++  items and with synergy they're better than the 5* items without synergy. So I keep every 3* item just in case, upgrading inventory doesn't cost much anyway.

Right now Tifa's rocking some 3++ FF7 fist weapon that has 20 more attack than Danjuro in the event. Danjuro's her best weapon usually.
And Nanaki has a 4+ FF7 fist weapon that does 42 more attack than Danjuro right now.

Also keeping all the 3* items makes you feel like you almost never waste pulls so you don't get too terribly disappointed.

I beat Lynyrd with no FF13 gear. You can probably do it unless you really lack natural 5* items. Getting mastery might be a stretch though.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: August 19, 2015, 05:59:47 PM »
I have a very low repeat rate on the 3*s, so I end up tossing them aside or using them as upgrade materials. I save 4*s more intently, since they require no effort to be better than natural 5*s under synergy, and, once they're at 4++*, they're actually not that much worse than natural 5*s (my Ten-Gallon Hat, for instance, has only -10 Def, -19 Res and -3 Mag/Mind compared to a few natural 5* hats, so it does the job okay enough. I'd -like- to have natural 5* hats, sure, but a combined 4* does the job okay there). 3*s, even fully upgraded and combined, are only ever useful under synergy, the gap is way too large.

EDIT: Final Fantasy Osu! Tatakae! Autobattle! - Only two Aerith reissue dungeons left. There's really not much to say about them, the last boss will be Demon Wall and -that- little fucker will eat Blind and Slowga like a good boy. And then, the boss rush will have three out of -five- bosses who can be paralyzed. Yeah, I'm not terribly worried.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:28:38 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2615 on: August 19, 2015, 06:57:54 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3hk5pp/breakdown_of_natural_5s/

There was just a topic on this that popped up recently so you can see how your luck compares. Snow is obviously the darling of RNJesus.

I'm rocking 17 natural 5-stars, most of it is Shields...
I -do- have 5 Soul Break weapons. But 2 of them are Sentinel's Grimoire, which is obviously my only 6-star weapon.

I keep all my 4-stars, so quite a few of those are now 5-stars, which is cool. I also have a 4++ Axe somehow.

Still only have one 3-star Spear. If Dragoons and their elemental jumps ever become important to the meta, I am screwed. I'm already feeling the pain of no natural 5-star mage weapons... *glares are Snow's Oak Staff and Diamond Pin*

Also... you have an Official Ball too?! I -really- wanted that one...

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: August 19, 2015, 08:12:13 PM »
I got it in my pulls for the Yuna event while aiming for the Magistral Rod. Honestly can't complain, especially considering how good Status Reels is.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: August 19, 2015, 08:50:08 PM »
I have a very low repeat rate on the 3*s, so I end up tossing them aside or using them as upgrade materials. I save 4*s more intently, since they require no effort to be better than natural 5*s under synergy, and, once they're at 4++*, they're actually not that much worse than natural 5*s (my Ten-Gallon Hat, for instance, has only -10 Def, -19 Res and -3 Mag/Mind compared to a few natural 5* hats, so it does the job okay enough. I'd -like- to have natural 5* hats, sure, but a combined 4* does the job okay there). 3*s, even fully upgraded and combined, are only ever useful under synergy, the gap is way too large.

Synergy does count though, I feel. Especially in events. I really haven't regretted keeping those 3* in the past events. I have eleven 3*++ so they do add up!
Obviously you can throw away all the FF1-3 gear though because they get no events.

If we are listing shit, as far as natural 5* I have

An awesome 5+ Blitz sword
Zantetsuken (FF6)
Diamond Sword (FF9)
Betrayer Sword (FF8) no more swords please
Danjuro (FF12)
Gold Spear (FF12)
Guard Stick (FF7, Aeris', but it's a black mage weapon)
Valkyrie (FF8, Rinoa's)
Caduceus (FF5, Lenna's)
Judgement Staff (FF5)

Genji Helm (FF5, awesome)
Dark Helm (FF4, awesome)
Gold Armor (FF12)
Monk Robe (FF10)
Princess Dress (FF6)
Emerald Shield (FF10, I never fucking use it even in FF10 dungeons)

Also one 4++ item, four 4+ items, and eleven 3++ items
Sitting on 193 mithril so hopefully I'll be able to add a gun to that list

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: August 19, 2015, 09:26:13 PM »
6 stars:  Selphie's Morning Star (8)

5 stars:
Zantetsuken (6)
Enhancer (6, but no Terra QQ)
Blitz Sword (8)
Masamune (Sephiroth - 7)
Ras Algethi (Balthier - 12)
Judgment Staff (5)

Genji Shield (4)
Defense Veil (10)
Adamant Vest (9)
White Robe (9)

Not listing the 4+1s, have a ton of those and they all suck.  Natural 5s or gtfo.  My main need is a mage weapon (or a mage that can use swords for the Enhancer).

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: August 19, 2015, 09:39:45 PM »
Golbez, who'll be released early September, will tide you over, then. Tanky mage who uses swords. A month after, more or less, Ashe will also show up, and she's yet another sword-wielding mage... And then Terra's reissue will come exactly on the next event. Oh well.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: August 19, 2015, 09:42:27 PM »
My main need is a mage weapon (or a mage that can use swords for the Enhancer).

How about Gordon?

No Waterja and low magic for a mage but hey

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: August 19, 2015, 09:48:55 PM »
That music we get in the Aeris event menu is truly atrocious.
FF7-8 could have some really awful music for some reason. Early PSX days I guess.

BTW Every FF7 boss looks much better in Record Keeper than in the original game, but especially Demon Wall
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 09:53:04 PM by Fenrir »

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: August 19, 2015, 09:54:06 PM »
So it's e-peen comparison time, eh.

Natural 5 stars:

Zantetsuken (FF6)
Golden Spear (FF6)
Keepsake Knife (FF13)
Full Metal Staff (FF7)
Judgment Staff+ (FF5)

Mystery Veil (FF6)
2x Royal Gown (FF6), still uncombined
Golden Shield (FF6)
Golden Armor (FF12)
Gold Armlet (FF7)
Sanctum Gloves (FF13)

Zero character relics, but it's a pretty nice mix of equipment types, at least (thankfully the Full Metal 'Staff' is actually a rod). Also the amount of FF6 stuff on here is kinda silly considering I've only made 3 single pulls on an FF6 banner, Locke's, from which I got the Mystery Veil.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 09:56:03 PM by hinode »

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2623 on: August 19, 2015, 10:14:18 PM »
Golbez, who'll be released early September, will tide you over, then. Tanky mage who uses swords. A month after, more or less, Ashe will also show up, and she's yet another sword-wielding mage... And then Terra's reissue will come exactly on the next event. Oh well.

How long before I can get Celes and -finally- finish my pokedex?

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: August 19, 2015, 10:24:43 PM »
Your pokedex won't be complete until you get WARRIOR from the link 4 chars/4 MC1s/4 MC2s event.