Register

Author Topic: What Games are you playing 2015?  (Read 194803 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: What Games are you playing 2015?
« Reply #2475 on: August 08, 2015, 11:30:58 PM »
Final Fantasy 3: Just got the Earth Crystal Jobs! 

-Ancient Ruins is more annoying than I remember.  No, not because of Splitting Enemies in the NES version before you have Dark Swords, that's manage-able if you have a Magic user (I had Conjurer), and are careful.  The real reason is because there's a lot of enemies calling support.  As in, basically splitting enemies only they do it unprovoked, so you can get into those situations Dragon Quest games love to shove you in of "STOP SUMMONING ALLIES!"  DS version caps enemies at 3, so it's less annoying there, at least.

-NES version knew how good the Blood Lance was, and planned the Ancient Ruins around that.  Enemies must resist Wind (which is what just about every Dragoon weapon is) because Dragoon does notably less damage than you'd expect, and Dragon Zombies mean you can't use Blood Lance, and dual Wind Lances are just not going to cut it here, since just about every other Job can do more damage over 2 turns than Dragoon's Jump.

-Cave of Shadows in the NES version loves Ambushes and that's a pain in the ass.  Also, Conjurer is not enough of a Mage for this area, due to MP reasons.  Black Mage is definitely better if only because it'll last much longer in a dungeon like this in terms of resources, and you want more reliable status.  In the DS version, while I did see the splitting gimmick, it's honestly pretty mundane because enemies are easily 2HKOed and the clone take the HP AFTER the attack, so it's not too hard to just barrel through things.  I used a Dark Knight anyway because I did my first playthrough, and as I said, trying to see how emulating that would go now that I have more knowledge of the game. 

-Dark Sword's gimmick in the DS version seems to work against everything the game does otherwise.  As in, when you attack with 2 Weapons, the game just lumps it as one attack with the combined power of both, but multiplies it by 0.6 to compensate, and it seems to apply it to elements as well.  However, if you hit a Splitting Enemy with a Dark Sword + Non-Dark Sword, the enemy will still split if they don't die.  This also applies to Soul Eater, making me respect that move less.

-...also, Soul Eater does really kind of suck.  This is not really surprising given as I keep noting FF3DS never has formations greater than 3 (barring the one sewer forced encounter that has 4), so MT damage can only be so much, you're better off just doing the significantly higher ST damage and not taking the physical.

-NES version, Cave of Darkness is as annoying as expected if it wasn't obvious.  DS version?  It's pretty mundane.  With the exception of Vasagos who hit considerably harder than anything else, enemies aren't very threatening so long as you have enough healing, the dungeon is a lot shorter due to less downtime on invisible pathes and the ability to move in diagonals, as well as some rooms being modified (NES version, the last room has a cocktease where an invisible path leads ALMOST to the boss but can't get there, making you have to go the long way.  FF3DS, it cuts that out entirely and just has a straight run.)  Furthermore, doing the NES version without a Dark Knight, let alone 2 like I was using, is hellish.  Sure, a well built Karateka using Build Upx2 can probably OHKO them, at the risk of getting slaughtered, a Dragoon using Jump with some RNG luck can do well (and even without some, he probably hits hard enough that the split isn't too strong), a bunch of mages can help, but that's of work when Dark Knights just rip it apart.  On the flipside, you can easily get away without Dark Knights in the DS version.  As I said, enemies get 2HKOed on average here (heck, there's a few that have only 1-2k HP), and you have an enemy cap of 3, so splitting enemies aren't really that dangerous.  On top of that, Mages have unlimited offensive resources thanks to Item Casting Rods (which use Aras), so that's extra damage allowing to chip around splitting enemies.

-This dungeon made me despise how the NES version handles running and defending.  Not being able to use a Defend command on Mages is a pain in the ass when I just want them to not attack, since attacking = splitting enemies.  Luckily, you can have them just use a weapon as an item to skip a turn so there's that, but I much prefer Defend just being a common action anyone can use (well, FF3DS Thief can't).  More to the point, Running Away is bullshit because DEFENSELESS IS THE DUMBEST IDEA EVER.  FF2 already screwed running up a lot with the whole "if enemy is too strong, you can't run, gg!"  which I guess is their way of saying "you went to a spot you're not suppose to lol" but kind of falls on it's face against Hill Gigases of Dist.  So FF3NES decided to screw it up in a different way with Defenseless.  No, Running away should not have a major penalty like that.  You're already penalized both in how a failure = a completely wasted turn and the fact that running offers no rewards for the fight. 

For the record, FF4's "you lose Gil!" thing was stupid too, albeit, not really worth ranting about since the impact was minor, so just a typical "stupid idea that ultimately didn't hurt the game too much."  True, running in the ATB games was easier for a number of reasons (...let alone FF10 where they outright gave you "Get out of combat free!" move on Tidus damn near close to the start), but the fact that you're not getting any sort of rewards for combat in itself is a risk, hence making you want to use it sparingly on it's intrinsic merits.   Not to mention some people just use Run because the enemies are fodder and it's faster to skip them then have to go through several actions to wipe them out and see the victory screen.

FF3DS Run seems to suck granted, but more in a success rate kind of way if you aren't using Thief's Escape or getting lucky with the Chocobo Evoker/Sage summon, which ok, I guess that's a thing, but at least FF3DS doesn't do what games like Dragon Quest do where Run is a PARTY action, not a character action, and failing that = entire turn skipped.

-Hekaton sucks in both games.  He's better in the DS version since damage is higher and he double acts, but if you so much as cast MT Healing every turn, he can't kill you outside of bad RNG.  NES version, he died in like 2-3 turns (I swapped a character back to Knight because might as well get back to that.)

-Titan sucks in NES version.  I summoned Odin via Conjurer, got the MT Reflect, watched him hit himself with Flare as we pounded on him.  As a reminder, Reflect in FF3 has no negative side effects.  Titan in FF3DS?  Somewhat harder, but I am sequence breaking.  The game has him balanced to assume you've faced Doga/Unei already, and possibly done Leviathan/Bahamut's dungeons (which can be done as soon as you get the Invincible, but I chose not too due to a combination of Evoker/Conjurer's MP not caring about those two until the very end (and even then, just Leviathan) as well as would rather get those Skill Levels on more meaningful jobs, at least for the DS version anyway.)  The noteworthy thing he has is Quake and a decent physical, so no one can really tank him well outside of a dual shield Red Mage w/ a White Robe, who completely nullifies Quake and in back row, can take a few hits of his physical.  Ultimately, I beat him on my 2nd attempt item casting Defender on him and the Evoker, while my 2 Physical PCs died off from Quake, and the rest of the fight was Ingus (the Red Mage) casting healing while Arc summoned Titan, wondering what will run out first, his HP or my MP (...albeit I had Elixirs so...), turns out his HP went first!

-I spent a little more time after getting jobs prepping for Sage.  In DS version, this was done immediately because now that I have Sage, I turned Arc into that since he loses practically nothing compared to Evoker, but now gains a whole bunch of healing and some damage upgrades.  Debating if he should use Black Robe for damage or White Robe for the slight MDef Boost (due to Mind); don't think it matters TOO much granted, but will probably have a spare White Robe on hand just in case.  If I need an extra dedicated healer, Ingus has every single White Magic spell as is and thus can turn into a Devout if necessary.  For the NES version...well, if you don't prep sometime around now, you'll be forced to leave the final dungeon, go through the Labyrinth of Ancients, get all the spells you need and turn around...and seriously, **** that, because that's a boring, dull dungeon with no real worth!  Just ask FF14!

-Current teams if you're wondering are Knight/Dark Knight/Shaman/Summoner in NES version, and Dragoon/Dark Knight/Sage/Red Mage in DS version.  DS version isn't going to change much, NES version...well...anyone whose played the game knows what's going to happen there.  I COULD try to beat the game without doing that, but in a dual playthrough?  Probably not wise.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 11:34:05 PM by Meeplelard »
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: August 09, 2015, 12:04:28 AM »
Sure that Dragon Fang is physical? From what I've heard it's magic.
According to this https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/3dnap6/ranking_medal_criteria
You'd need to do less than 31 actions to get all three medals on actions taken. Seems impossible without crazy gear to me.

Three medals on actions -is- completely impossible, but two sounds feasible. And Dragon Fang even -should- be magical, but it dealing 900 damage -after- magic breakdown + Shellga + Sentinel's Grimoire sounds really crazy, that'd make it MT overkill without mitigation. Regardless, I'm not sure if I'll even try again. I think the two medals loss is just way too punishing to attempt mastery here, at least with my current resources. Mastering Proudclad is pretty good, at least!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 12:11:57 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: August 09, 2015, 02:22:37 AM »
AtL2. Beaten. Elc, Sania, Poco and Tosh were levels 115-130. Used Dieckbeck and fed his exp to those 4 for maximum smash. It worked really well as I did not even grind those levels. This was without Dieckbecks final unit, whose requirements are too obscure even for me.

Rolled the final boss in record time. Sania used Divide and then Tosh/Elc smashed him in the face with fully charged physicals. Took maybe 5 minutes total for both forms.

Invincible -> enemies surround Elc -> AoE smite works way too well. Weak Enemy into Divide on Sania is also a nice fast MT KO.

Hope to redo a stat topic for the game.

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: August 09, 2015, 02:58:46 AM »
Etrian Odyssey Untold 2:

Okay this is my first EO.  I bought this one because it had the cuter girl on the cover.  I went with story mode because only the story characters have voices.  Naturally I picked expert or I would make Fenrir cry.

First floor I blindly walk into a deer and die.  You get dog PC then cry went you find out he's temporary.

The default classes it gives you seem rather awkward.  Main character is a glass cannon elemental swordsman.  He gains a transformation form and does 5x more damage than anyone else but runs out of TP too quickly.  I don't know what a "war magus" is suppose to truly be, but it doesn't fit the little girl in robe and wizard hat.

There's a lot of Canadian jokes. 

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: August 09, 2015, 11:22:11 AM »
Etrian Odyssey Untold 2:

Okay this is my first EO.  I bought this one because it had the cuter girl on the cover.  I went with story mode because only the story characters have voices.  Naturally I picked expert or I would make Fenrir cry.

Restart in classic mode and do a Bear SCC plz

Chroma Squad: Finished this. The game has an inverted bell difficulty curve because the last few battles are really hard. Also, Scout dealt no damage because of some glitch Big problem when she usually did 50% of the team's damage against bosses (Assault doing 40%)

Lead became really useful because of her utility skill: One free skill that makes everybody gather around Lead (even if they're all across the map), and one AOE healing + attack buff move.
In fact, the medic and techie are the one who got pretty much outclassed for the last few maps (they're still useful don't get me wrong)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: August 09, 2015, 03:40:05 PM »
Final Fantasy The Cactus Where Your Autobattle Once Was - Sunday daily grindans ensues. Hopefully I'll get Refia to L50 so I can finally grab that L50 FF3 PC Mythril quest.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: August 09, 2015, 10:43:43 PM »
I like the sunday daily.
Finding the perfect middle ground between priotizing
- Short term (Tifa, for the current event)
- Middle term (Fran, who's going to be the default support at max level)
- Long term (Paladin Cecil, for the upcoming FF4 events)
- ??? term (Irvine, best sprite in the game)
- Dem cores (Red mage)
while still having a team capable of finishing 9 battles in a row and getting mastery for max xp.

EOU Troubadour SCC Hard Mode:
Ephraim reminded me of this so I went back to it. It is grueling. Battles take 10 rounds each. Very long, very difficult, very tiring.
Morale was at an all time low at the lower levels of the 3rd stratum, where I was just dying from some random crabs. I could access a golem on the higher floors but he just OHKOed everybody and was 300HKOed by my puny bards.

There was hope though.

I beat the Golem not too long after encountering him by getting into srs prostrats with bards. Then the 3rd stratum boss was a joke compared to him (I actually beat him on the first try? This NEVER HAPPENS in this challenge)  And now the 4th stratum has relatively easy randoms too! Huh.
I also found grimoires that allow my bards to equip katanas/guns, the strongest weapon types in the game at the moment!
Maybe there's hope for bards?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 11:00:03 PM by Fenrir »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: August 09, 2015, 11:30:30 PM »
Final Fantasy Please, Please, Please Let Me Autobattle What I Want - Still grindans. Refia is L48 and SEPHIROTH zomg is L34 hyep. Hilariously, Yuna reached the level cap. Selphie, who was included for sanity reasons (Protectga + Curaga highly minimizes S/Ling), is L57. You can't say I lack properly levelled healers, at least (Vanille and Lenna both at 50, both MCless, Garnet and Yuna level-capped, Selphie well on her way). It'd be nice if they threw more mages at us, but Quistis is L50 at least. I don't think I have to mention Vivi being level-capped, since he's still the top Black Mage in the current Global metagame. Tally-chu would be proud.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Fenny, you said you wanted guns to make Irvine usable, right? Rinoa's reissue banner, which will come up some three events from now (Lightning, Eiko and Aerith reissue come first) will have two 5* guns. If you're bent on getting that specific weapon type, it -might- be better to wait for that instead of splurging on the Lightning banner tomorrow (not to mention getting the Vega pretty much ENSURES you'll end up using Sazh, Boon is just obscenely good).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:07:21 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: August 10, 2015, 05:12:53 AM »
Tales of Xillia: So Cline has a bad ass butler named Rowen.  That is awesome, pity he's an NPC who just helps us get through a certain sequence...

...oh wait, he's my primary mage...well, I guess ToX just gained +1 Bad Ass UOM Butler compared to like all other Tales games. whee!
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: August 10, 2015, 08:06:50 AM »
Final Fantasy Please, Please, Please Let Me Autobattle What I Want - Still grindans. Refia is L48 and SEPHIROTH zomg is L34 hyep. Hilariously, Yuna reached the level cap. Selphie, who was included for sanity reasons (Protectga + Curaga highly minimizes S/Ling), is L57. You can't say I lack properly levelled healers, at least (Vanille and Lenna both at 50, both MCless, Garnet and Yuna level-capped, Selphie well on her way). It'd be nice if they threw more mages at us, but Quistis is L50 at least. I don't think I have to mention Vivi being level-capped, since he's still the top Black Mage in the current Global metagame. Tally-chu would be proud.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Fenny, you said you wanted guns to make Irvine usable, right? Rinoa's reissue banner, which will come up some three events from now (Lightning, Eiko and Aerith reissue come first) will have two 5* guns. If you're bent on getting that specific weapon type, it -might- be better to wait for that instead of splurging on the Lightning banner tomorrow (not to mention getting the Vega pretty much ENSURES you'll end up using Sazh, Boon is just obscenely good).

Yeah, fuck Lightning's banner, the Deluxe ++ boss sounds masterable without specific FF13 weapons anyway since he has a weakness (to ice)
Hoarding these 160~mithrils for a while longer.
Irvine might still be inferior to Fran with his weapon honestly. Higher pdef (he's in the back row), lower mdef, comparable damage? Anyway, none of that matters, he shot Edea from so far away, on the first try. With a shotgun. So cool.

I thought the learning limit breaks update would be completely useless except to P2W players, but I can actually find some use. Lenna will have both mass regen and full revival available at once, Aeris will have MT healing without keeping her awesome mage rod away from Vivi.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: August 10, 2015, 01:57:25 PM »
The usefulness of the new mechanic is directly proportional to how many character-unique SB equips you have floating around, more or less. This is bound to become more relevant later on, with the increased %* relic drop rate and progressive rigging in your favor with gatcha draws, both mechanics that should be implemented not too far from now. Currently, my best use for it would be having the option to use both Focus Magic and Dualcast Venom and choosing accordingly - there's no reason to use Red XIII's Sled Fang ever and Wakka's Element Reels have a sucky mult. Being able to pick SBs is a bigger thing, though: Blessing of Spira, for instance, is a -horrible- SB to be your only choice if you're not Yuna sans Magistral Rod, but as an option between multiple moves, it's actually quite neat to have.

Also, Irvine's going to be markedly inferior to Fran until Full Break is a thing. Irvine's stats suck ass and his equipment options are horrible, while Fran is pretty solid on those two fronts. Hell, even assuming both have their unique weapons, Fran kicks him to the curb, since her Loxley Bow Soul Break is pretty good for a short full-party DPT boost and Irvine's is just a generic high-damage limit that sucks against crowds due to massive unfocusing and runs off his sub-Kimahri attack. It doesn't even have the hilarious wtf potential it once had with specific Vit0 shenanigans.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 03:45:54 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: August 10, 2015, 02:55:37 PM »
Final Fantasy The Language Of Autobattle - QoL update is out! The enemy HP gauges look sexy and lovely, as expected. I have pretty much nothing to do until the Lightning event starts tonight, so I decided to do some fire/earth orb farming (why not, I'll likely need it to R5 Fira Strike). Then, the game hands me two Greater Fire Orbs in my first dungeon run. I see no reason to complain.

Also, Lightning event will be, suitably, Greater Lightning Orb heaven. I'm so looking forward to that, R2ing either Thundaja or Armor Breakdown sounds great.

EDIT: Also, pay heed to the tiny new Event icon on the event screen which wasn't there as of yesterday.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 03:38:36 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: August 10, 2015, 06:52:23 PM »
Yeah but I thought that relic SBs would pretty much always outclass default SBs, and only people who go "Wow I can't hold all these character specific 5* relics lol" would bother with this feature?

Anyway, I mastered Schizo on the first try since the update. Got the delicious orbs.
HP Bars man. OP as hell. And I have to admit they are sexy.
The lightning attack is definitely magic, I managed to lower it to 300 MT with Shellga / Sentinel Grimoire / Magic Break on.

Team:
Cloud, R2 Bladeblitz, R5 Armor Break.
Tifa, R2 Magic Break, R5 Mental Break
Wakka, R2 Magic Breakdown, R4 Boost
Yuna, R2 Shellga, R1 Haste
Vivi, R2 Quake, R3 Waterja
Some of the high hones were completely unneeded (Especially Shellga)

The only good FF7 gear I had was Aeris' rod on Vivi, and he was the least useful party member. Edit: And I forgot to give them good record materias. Cloud had none!

First turn: Wakka breakdowns one head, Tifa breaks another, Yuna Shellgas, whoever else uses SG.
Yuna hastes and Wakka boosts Cloud, congrats he now does 8000 MT damage with Bladeblitz superfast. Then Yuna/Wakka do the same thing to Tifa. Vivi spams Quake then Waterja. Reapply debuffs and buffs when needed, be especially careful once one of the heads is at low HP.

Edit : Oh my there's a new screen that shows all the materias you haven't gotten yet. Gotta catch em all. I miss 17. :(
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 08:45:19 PM by Fenrir »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: August 10, 2015, 08:37:45 PM »
Anyway, I mastered Schizo on the first try since the update. Got the delicious orbs.
HP Bars man. OP as hell. And I have to admit they are sexy.
The lightning attack is definitely magic, I managed to lower it to 300 MT with Shellga / Sentinel Grimoire / Magic Break on.

Yeah, Dragon Fang's thing is that the Schizo head CLEARS ITSELF OF ALL DEBUFFS before using it. So, you want both SG and Shellga up at that point. I realized my SG had probably run its course. I might attempt Schizo again prioritizing Red damage alongside Cloud and replacing Yuna's Curaga (which -shouldn't be used-, you want to run the fight sans healing as much as you can) with Boost, then handing both Magic and Armor Breakdown to Wakka. Also, I can't imagine ever needing to hone Shellga/Protectga unless you don't want to use Concentrate, two castings will last you through essentially any fight as of now.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: August 10, 2015, 08:43:38 PM »
Oh yeah. I did recast SG right after the first head was about to die so that probably helped mitigate the damage to only 300ish MT.
That R2 Shellga probably was a waste of orbs. I didn't realize it lasted that long.
At least I won't be worried by Shell going away ever.

Anyway Snow: That major egg I got from mastering Schizo. Hmmmmmmmmm. It is succulent.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2490 on: August 10, 2015, 08:57:24 PM »
Devil Survivor - Slowly chugging through this. It's a fun little game, abysmal plot and characters but at least the gameplay's pretty legit.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: August 10, 2015, 11:49:19 PM »
Also finished Arkham Knight and am generally disgruntled. Maybe I'll do a longer post later.

Do share! Always interested to hear people complain about things that I also complain about.

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: August 11, 2015, 12:39:27 AM »
Restart in classic mode and do a Bear SCC plz

3 bears and 2 pandas or 2 bears and 3 pandas?

Why do they look so sad?

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: August 11, 2015, 02:50:17 AM »
3 Bears.

They are sad because Goldilocks haxored their emails.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: August 11, 2015, 02:53:09 AM »
Final Fantasy Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Autobattled - Lightning event out! I did my 11-pull first thing and I got... a Keepsake Knife. It's -kinda- disappointing from a fangirling point of view, sure, but on the other hand I was badly hurting for a 5* knife and this is one of the best around: besides +94 Attack, it boosts Def -and- Res by 10 AND has a Protectga shared SB. I also got a Red Jacket, which is now my best Light Armot available overall, so I can't say I'm dissatisfied with the results. Now, to trudge through the dungeons.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: August 11, 2015, 03:27:41 AM »
Welp, got a second Judgement Staff *and* Royal Gown. I'm 99% sure I want to combine the staves, but leaning towards keeping the gowns split right now, since I only have Mystery Veil and a new FF13 bracer for 5* armor otherwise.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: August 11, 2015, 03:34:55 AM »
Yeah, I'd definitely keep the hat. And shit, I'm badly hurting for *5 hats as well, my best one is a fake-6* Ten-Gallon Hat. Even getting a second Royal Crown would be nice for combining. I've been getting good weapons pretty consistently, but had sketchy luck at best for armor. I guess I'll save for a pull on the Aerith event, which is mage equip town.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: August 11, 2015, 03:56:57 AM »
Um, I have 2x Royal Gown, not 2x Mystery Veil. Not nearly as sexy, but with one of Balthier or Fran in the party at pretty much all times I could actually use the defense.

I also forgot I just got a 5* FF6 Shield, because Shields suck.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: August 11, 2015, 04:37:20 AM »
Shields do suck, but the FFX Emerald Shield I have at least serves me for using Edgar as filler and pulled me through a lot more easily on the Yuna event. Having a 5* equip you can use is just better than not. Also, I forgot I also have a FFX Monk Robe, which is silly given how I'm always shuffling it around between my healers and Balthier.

I still want a 5* hat. Oh well, I'll just wait for the Aerith reissue, which should be up next week.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: August 11, 2015, 06:36:42 AM »
Shovel Knight - Downstab is the best. Anyway, I just finished Polar Knight and Tinker Knight's stages and beat down the bosses. Tinker Knight part 2 I'm afraid I've watched too many times to find very challenging thanks to hard mode.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!